• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

I'm downloading this mow, is their a GAF guild for when I get to the guild part?

No GAF guild right now. Some people were discussing starting one up, but the regional servers make it tricky.

Still haven't pulled on the halloween banner yet. Do you get 1 discounted pull per rate up banner? No guaranteed 5* but 375 diamonds for 33 pulls sounds decent. I'm kind of tempted to just pull weapons for my existing dark chars

On the other hand, my dark types are already pretty good, I have 5* Start dash Yuuki, Nin Leafa and Tanabata Yuuki. I kind of want Halloween Asuna for the art, and the fact that she's good for ranking. I'm actually only using TYuuki for ranking, since I still cant figure this air parry technique, so I need Anniversary Asuna to parry the first time, and Anniversary Leafa to hit the boss in midair. If i do figure out the trick, adding 5* Yuuki should help my run immensely.

My bracket is interesting this time. No super whales yet, but 4 of us are fighting for the top 3 spots. I'm first at 38s, and 4th is at 39s, so its really tight. Hopefully I'm not the one who ends up 4th.

i'm couting 6 possible 125 md banners within a week

Asuna birthday
halloween banner
today they released Kirito/Eugeo rate up halloween

There's another birthday on 4th and 7th
and if they made kirito/eugeo rate up banner then by symmetry there will asuna/alice one too.

Also both halloween pulls give same record crystals as i have 5 already.

W-00

I think for the most part all of them are pretty good for this ranking event.

Yeah, seems Kirito in particular currently has the highest attack stat in the game. Not sure how his other stats compare, of course.

Still haven't pulled on the halloween banner yet. Do you get 1 discounted pull per rate up banner? No guaranteed 5* but 375 diamonds for 33 pulls sounds decent.

That seems to be the case. I made my pull on the basic banner, and I'm seeing a discount on the Kirito/Eugeo banner. Haven't decided if I'm going to pull on it. On the one hand, I already have Kirito, but on the other hand, my first pull gave me 4 record crystals, so if I pull on both rate-up banners I have a very decent chance of a guaranteed 4*. Depends on how many diamonds the game gives me before the banner ends. i mean, I have enough for the pull, but I want to make sure I have enough for the Alice/Asuna banner. Pumpkin Alice is too adorable to pass up.

chrono01

Haven't gotten any sparkle eyes from half cost pulls though. It's all a scam!
Me either. :(

At least both 1/2 cost pulls from the Halloween banner gave me 11 crystals, which gave me an Alice V2. Not a Halloween character, but she's new at least and she will have a 5* evolution so there's that.

So many banners, though. I wanted to save for Rainy Rain's banner too, so I can try for her weapon. I need some gacha dualblades badly.

Jeffrey

Man 8s this defense mode not fun lol. Not sure if the best strategy is to actually defend or rush the boss first?

Also the slime enemies are easily the most annoying mob units lol.

wow event when we can get nice weapons

https://api-defrag-ap.wrightflyer.net/webview/announcement-detail?id=802802&phone_type=2&lang=en

Do i need 1 or 4 exchange swords 4* to exchange it for normal weapon?

The exchange shop takes 4 4* weapons to exchange. These can be any combination of 4* gatcha and exchange swords, so you need 4 4* exchange swords if you are purely using them.As for the event weapons, going to see the stats before deciding. The last set of weapons were worse than R3 gatcha weapons even when evolved to R4. Can't go wrong with exhange swords and rainbow essence though

I always rush the boss in the defense mode. Though after 2 cycles of SS3 I usually take a step back to prep for the invis parry.

How's everyone doing on their ranking event so far?

I'm at 36s, ranked 2nd, using lvl 95 5* Heathcliff, Lvl80 5* Leafa and Lvl 80 Tanabata Yuuki, all with R4, only leafa with matching element. First is also at 36s, just a hair ahead of me.

Pulled Halloween Kirito and Eugeo banner just to try my luck since its going to expire. Got Rainy rain! and Summer Swimsuit Yuuki, so an awesome water pull, cept that I already have both of them. 100 hacking crystals isn't bad though. Only 2 Halloween crystals though. Guess I can LB Yuuki to try to boost my time in ranking

Jeffrey

I'm at like rank 28 lol. Need to lvl up some skills. Still confused at how to effectively do the air parry ppl showing off in reddit.

W-00

With today's free diamonds, I decided that I'd definitely have enough for the Alice/Asuna banner even if I made the discount pull on the Kirito/Eugeo banner, so I did. And Argo sparkled! No flowers, though. Bikini Sinon was the result of that pull. My water box has really been growing lately. The pull gave me three Record Crystals, which I find a little bit worrying. I only need three more, but that's one less than my previous pull gave me. If my pull on the Alice/Asuna banner follows the same pattern, I'll be left with nine crystals.

I looked at those event r4 weapon stats on reddit and yeah they suck. And 2 of them are dark.

But at least we get 1md single scouts on alice/eugeo banner each day so that's a lot of hacking crystals to get.

Jeffrey

So who should I be limit breaking?

Also finally had a kinda zen run. And got to rank 11. Still don't get how to air parry though.

So who should I be limit breaking?

Also finally had a kinda zen run. And got to rank 11. Still don't get how to air parry though.

Nice run!. On Limit Breaking, do it for love (your favourite characters) or for ranking. Like if you think that limit break lets you shave off a few seconds by killing the boss in a previous parry and those few seconds lets you get pass a reward threshold (e.g 11th to 10th is a big difference in rewards).

As for air parry, its hard, and I'm still figuring out how to do it with dualblades. I'm using Heathcliff in my ranking squad simply because he can air parry really easily (well more like air just guard), and he has a really wide margin for error.

The easiest way I've found is for heathcliff to be the leader (with auto approach ON). When the battle starts, tap once so he starts running towards the boss. Once near the boss, swipe diagonally up so he jumps towards the boss, the peak of your jump should be just before the boss so a sword attack would hit him then (you can kind of judge from the videos)

Immediately after you jump, tap twice and hold the second tap. The first tap makes you attack in the air, the second tap and hold makes heathcliff guard. I say it like that, buts its basically one motion with no pauses cos the jumping animation isn't very long. Basically swipe diagonally and double tap. Usually when I miss its because I didnt tap quick enough'after the swipe.

If you time it correctly, you'll see heathcliff make an air attack (that should hit), then the shiny thing for Just Guard. The Shield has to hit his glowing ball in his arm when he waves it up and down, but the shield is big and lasts a while so its not too bad once you get it the first time. Air parry is supposedly the same thing, but adding a swipe right after the tap and hold, but I haven't gotten that to work at all.

If you aren't using heathcliff, but am using rapier (or dagger or mace or rod) the ground parry is much easier. Time your run nicely (reddit recommends putting the char in 2nd slot and swapping at the start, and dashing the last step to the boss) and parry just before the boss. No jumping required, just a dash and parry. Your position and timing has to be precise, cos the very tip of your parry must coincide with the ball on the arm coming down to his lowest point.

May be RNG or something else (possibly always hitting the boss from behind), but for subsequent cycles he may come down lower before firing the energy ball. Heathcliff can just guard without jumping after the teleport and parry immediately. Supposedly works for all the ground parry chars. But its all pretty random to me (only managed to successfully parry a few times)

Jeffrey

Hmmm came back to game too late... Not enough events atm that I can get the enough stuff to promote him to 5*.

Bummer. Are there more specific stats wikis? Like I want to know which of my units have the best dps ss3.

BTW is there really any use for ss1 and ss2? Seems OK for mob clearing like with rapier. Others feel pointless.

Hmmm came back to game too late... Not enough events atm that I can get the enough stuff to promote him to 5*.

Bummer. Are there more specific stats wikis? Like I want to know which of my units have the best dps ss3.

BTW is there really any use for ss1 and ss2? Seems OK for mob clearing like with rapier. Others feel pointless.

Theres supposedly a dps calculator on reddit, but I've never used it. I just go into ranking, do a parry-> SS3 and compare the numbers since its the same as the damage if you don't get hit.

SS1 and SS2 aren't that useful. SS1 is pretty good for mob clearing and to chase. Before air parry, I used DB SS1 to hit the boss once after parrying the energy ball to keep combo, since it hits pretty high. Some like Aero penetrator on rapier is good at hitting flyers.

TofuEater

The easiest way I've found is for heathcliff to be the leader (with auto approach ON). When the battle starts, tap once so he starts running towards the boss. Once near the boss, swipe diagonally up so he jumps towards the boss, the peak of your jump should be just before the boss so a sword attack would hit him then (you can kind of judge from the videos)

Immediately after you jump, tap twice and hold the second tap. The first tap makes you attack in the air, the second tap and hold makes heathcliff guard. I say it like that, buts its basically one motion with no pauses cos the jumping animation isn't very long. Basically swipe diagonally and double tap. Usually when I miss its because I didnt tap quick enough'after the swipe.

If you time it correctly, you'll see heathcliff make an air attack (that should hit), then the shiny thing for Just Guard. The Shield has to hit his glowing ball in his arm when he waves it up and down, but the shield is big and lasts a while so its not too bad once you get it the first time. Air parry is supposedly the same thing, but adding a swipe right after the tap and hold, but I haven't gotten that to work at all.

With cheatcliff you don't even need to jump. Just run up, do one attack underneath him and then just guard and it will parry. I found that one attack underneath is the correct timing for it.

W-00

The pull gave me three Record Crystals, which I find a little bit worrying. I only need three more, but that's one less than my previous pull gave me. If my pull on the Alice/Asuna banner follows the same pattern, I'll be left with nine crystals.

Ahahahaha.... I was right... exactly nine crystals, and no Alice... Will I be able to resist pulling again once I get 250 for a guaranteed 4*? I thought I'd finally be able to get back to saving diamonds...

chrono01

Ahahahaha.... I was right... exactly nine crystals, and no Alice... Will I be able to resist pulling again once I get 250 for a guaranteed 4*? I thought I'd finally be able to get back to saving diamonds...
That's pretty damn unlucky. :(

I'm now at 7 crystals aftet 3 pulls. And still no dark units at all. Not sure if i try to collect 500md now as there's around 50% chance of hitting 10 crystals with it.

I'm at 100hc now hmm do i take my leafa from 85 to 90 or my bride asuna frpm 80 to 90.

Is this game any good or does it fall into that crappy phone game category?

Depends on what you mean by crappy phone game. I think its a fairly decent action rpg on mobile, cause the action part is pretty good. The RPG part is important too, as stats and party comp play a role. It just depends on your tolerance for gatcha mechanics. I wouldn't say its a must play, but worth a try, esp if you like the series.

With cheatcliff you don't even need to jump. Just run up, do one attack underneath him and then just guard and it will parry. I found that one attack underneath is the correct timing for it.

Yeah I know of that, but I was planning to eventually remove Heathcliff to use my dark 5*, so the jump practice will help the eventual jump parry (My final team is just swords and dualblades, so no cheating for me). I managed to get it twice yesterday, so its not an impossible dream.Also Heathcliff SS3 may only be 3 hits, but the damage at Lvl 95 is actually comparable to my 5* Leafa (only Lvl 80, but with matching element). That + Lvl80 TYuuki needs 5 parries to get the boss, wondering if I can shorten it to 3 if I LB Yuuki to 100, and use a 5* Start Dash Yuuki instead of Heathcliff since Leafa lets you pull off 4 SS3s in a roll.

Jeffrey

14 crystals after 3 half pulls.

... And I got vampire kirito!

Woot. Not sure if he's worth using atm vs my 5* yuuki.his combo is with eugeo.

But another healer can't hurt for castles right? Also apparently his atk is really high. And I don't hate his art.

14 crystals after 3 half pulls.

... And I got vampire kirito!

Woot. Not sure if he's worth using atm vs my 5* yuuki.his combo is with eugeo.

But another healer can't hurt for castles right? Also apparently his atk is really high. And I don't hate his art.

Nice! I only have 2 after 1 pull, not sure if worth pulling more

Jeffrey

Damn. My luck continues. Got beach boy kirito during half cost pulls.

Who should I raise lol. I hear he's good too.

Damn. My luck continues. Got beach boy kirito during half cost pulls.

Who should I raise lol. I hear he's good too.

Yeah I see Lvl 100 beach kiritos in rankings all the time, you should definitely raise him.

Spent about half my stash (500 mds) today, doing Silica Bday, Kirito Bday and Halloween Asuna/Alice Rate up + a Halloween weapon pull. Got Swimsuit Silica, I never saw her in rankings, but I need holy units so its all good. Kirito gives me nothing as expected. I have like 20 4* now, and still 0 gatcha Kiritos ( I only have 5* CM Kirito, SD Kirito broken to 100 just for Kirito only quests and the free ones). Halloween gave me Alice! + Cheer Sinon + et another Swimsuit Yuuki (another 50 hacking crystals). I think the game is telling me to use her. 2 record crystals again (4 total) so no temptation to pull anymore. Got the werewolf sword from weapon pull, so shes all set.

Now to figure out air parry and improve my time, hopefully Alice can hit the flying boss so I can use a full dark team.

W-00

I almost forgot to make my daily 1MD pull on the Alice/Eugeo banner today. But I just now remembered. And then Argo gave me flowers, carried by 5* Alice. Maybe she was apologizing for leaving me with nine Record Crystals on the Halloween banner. I mean, it was Alice that I wanted from that banner.

Jeffrey

that new 3 times a day thingy is a pain lol. I don't get how y'all do it under 1min :S

boss also really rarely does the parryable move.

Now I can't match my 3.8mil score anymore. I can see why ppl hate ranking lol. The more you struggle the worst you do D:

shit, now im rank 17. hope i dont get pushed out tomorrow before event is over.

edit: and just that... i hit 4mil. got the 1min timer too. back to rank 15 lol

I hope I get an Alice from the 1 MD, any Alice is going to be Earth / Fire /Light, all of which I could use more of. Conversely I'm swamped with Water and Wind types.

For the 3 times quest, I use heathcliff (but you can use any AOE char, preferably light). 2 SS3 clears the first room in abut 10s. Then I swap to rain who just autos the whole way, parrying when I get a chance. Last char is a 5* for more damage when I get a parry in. This gives me times ranging from 20-50s depending on my parry luck. But rain can tank all the hits and the SS3 iframes lets you avoid the lasers.

I can't check now, but I think S is 90s, but under 60 is for one of the missions. Since giving up and retrying doesn't count to your tries (according to reddit, haven't tested myself) maybe try a full light dps team just for that mission and hope for good RNG.

Also cut my time down to 30s, probably can't get much faster. Now its just waiting and hoping for no snipers. Jeffrey, with 2 dark 5* (assuming you have decent weapons) you should be getting 40+s, try checking out the rapier ground parry tutorials.

I don't know if you guys noticed but Sunday quest is not the best way to make col.

Sunday at lvl 80 is 15k col + chests with 2/10/11 (iirc)
CM quest at lvl 80 is 6k col + chests at 10/14/15

But Sunday quest is legion of enemies which take ton of time to dispatch while CM is one guy who dies to 4 SS3 skill (below 10 seconds + animation time) and you get water/void medalions from it in dozens.

Jeffrey

Man... I just can't air parry. Not sure if it's because of my sweaty fingers or my screen protector... But Im not sure if it'd possible to get sub 40 seconds without air partying the first hit.

So frustrating lol. Best I can do is 4.27mil. Tried every tip ppl said, just doesn't work for me...

W-00

I can't air parry either. I can't even get the timing for the ground parry for that attack right most of the time. I had to settle for being in the low 40s. But I managed to get Halloween Liz from the silver pull, so I figure I can afford to not do great in this ranking.

TofuEater

Man... I just can't air parry. Not sure if it's because of my sweaty fingers or my screen protector... But Im not sure if it'd possible to get sub 40 seconds without air partying the first hit.

So frustrating lol. Best I can do is 4.27mil. Tried every tip ppl said, just doesn't work for me...

I got 39s without airparry .. with 5* kirito (first one that got released) 4* dark db yuuki.. 4* dark lance sugu. All matching r4 weapons. Trick here was lance sugu auto ss3 on switch when boss had the sliding unparryable.

Ended up with 36s with first air parry and changing sugu to 5* h eugeo.

Ended up being second in my rank. First was 32s and the next three people were also 36s.....

I can't air parry either. I can't even get the timing for the ground parry for that attack right most of the time. I had to settle for being in the low 40s. But I managed to get Halloween Liz from the silver pull, so I figure I can afford to not do great in this ranking.

Totally get what you guys mean. I was trying for most of yesterday, and I could only get the DB air parry working like 10% of the time, and never on the second one. In the end, gave up on it and went back to Heathcliff and 2 dark chars, and got it to 30s getting both air parries in. That gave me first, and got the 2nd place guy to mimic the same setup when he was using Princess Asuna previously (Heath, Halloween Alice, TYuuki, he used Heath, HAlice, TSilica), but he could only hit 31s. His Heath was 5 levels lower, and he didn't LB his Silica either, so he probably could have sniped me if he wanted. The new strat did make him 5s clear of 3rd, so maybe he felt it wasn't worth the crystals.

Not sure if i want future rankings to be like this one. Like to do well, you need to get at least that first parry in AND have a unit whose SS3 can hit the hovering boss. Granted there are a lot of units that fall into these categories. I spent a ton more time on this optimizing my run to fit the characters I have. Like my previous best was 34s with Heath (cos he can parry) + 5* leafa (cos she can hit air) + TYuuki (cos dark has element advantage), still good for second (granted it was a relatively easy bracket) These kind of puzzle bosses make it more about team comp than just using your best units with element advantage and calling it a day. I luckily had the pieces for this one, but might not be the case later. Still that discourages rerollers, and as long as they make sure its not just the banner that can do it, I think its not a bad way to go. At least for this ranking, I think its probably the correct call to go Heathcliff (even if lvl 80 and 4*) or someone else (like a rapier/mace/dagger unit) who can do the ground parry and just DPS with 2 dark units, bringing in the other guy just to parry, as the parry just saves so much time.

So 9 gold medals... Any more events? Want that Liz butt.

Theres two more. Likely a Quarter Tower and another ranking.

Did you finish all your farming and missions yet? I think you can get 10 right now with the rewards for ranking and defensive war (not including ranking rewards)

Kitoro

What's the meta looking like, nowadays, since the advent of 5*, Rod/Gun parrying, enemy stuns, and buffs/debuffs?

Should I be trying to build a team that has a nuker, enemy def debuffer, and stunner? Are defense debuffers and stunners even useful anymore, or is it all about a team of 3 5* with partner switch synergy to zerg an enemy into oblivion?

Until recently, I've been using a level 100 OS Asuna, level 85 Dangerous Kiss Sinon for enemy defense debuffing, and and my newly acquired Halloween Asuna for her leader skill.

I also pulled Halloween Eugeo in the same 11x half off pull as Halloween Asuna, and 2x Beach Boy Kirito in my first 11x Kirito banner pull.

Who should I be feeding my 200+ hacking crystals to, now? I really have no idea who or what is important in the meta anymore.

Thanks!

Are any of the 4* Kiritos in birthday banner upgradable to 5* in the future ? I already got beach boy but i have step 3 still left at 2x scout rate to do

W-00

Are any of the 4* Kiritos in birthday banner upgradable to 5* in the future ? I already got beach boy but i have step 3 still left at 2x scout rate to do

I think OS Kirito V1 will be upgradeable.

thankfully crystals look to be the same as in the part 1.

They look the same, but according to the notice they aren't. The new ones are Happy Halloween Night Record Crystals while V1 are something like Moonlit Night Parade Record Crystals. It would be really nice if they were compatible, but I don't think they will be. At least that makes things a little easier for me - I was trying to decide whether to go with the new scout for discounted RC or the old one for a chance at Alice. If they aren't compatible, I have to go after Alice. I only need one more RC, so it's basically like a guaranteed scout.

Though... I have all of October to make that scout. It might be better to wait, even after I have enough diamonds again...

For those new to this, quarter point tower is a pretty different beast to regular tower clearing, it emphasizes a ton more on speed than survivability. You can also retry as much as you want without clearing the stage (like the 3 per day quest we just had).

And speed wise, its like getting the last mission for a ranking event or under 45s clear for limited master plus 1 missions, definitely not easy. The first 10 levels before the checkpoint isn't so bad, but the next 15 is very strict in times of timing. Expect to get Cs if you are not using a char suited to the stage. Thankfully, you only need to hit the timing once, so use your best teams get your S, then restart and use your lousier teams to clear the stage.

Pejo

Is there any "welcome back" campaign currently going on with this game? I quit after I found myself not really playing the game, just logging in for daily stuff then logging out. It was one of the more fun games to actually play though, so I've been thinking of coming back.

Top Bottom