• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

Love the game! My favorite PSP game!

But micromanaging is intimidating.

Also, I wish there was an outfitter where the characters can try out weapons. It's really difficult to see which weapons/armor I want.

That's my only criticism. But I know it's an old game so SE probably just left it as it is.

And the top of the battlescreen during the daytime is blurry, but I guess that's just the way the game is designed. Kind of hurts my eyes but no big deal.

Ikkarus

Hearing all this lovely talk about TO makes me want it now!

Secondly doesn't help people saying the tarot cards are nice. :(

If anyone wishes to part with their tarot cards drop me a PM and I'll happily take them off your hands. :)

Just read that there are around 50 classes?!? That is all kinds of awesome right there.

Jinko

This game is pretty awesome, some down sides are that micromanaging is a real pain and recruiting monsters can be really time consuming.

Oh and guest AI must be set to suicide or something :S.

JKTrix

Does the Bradygames strategy guide for this even exist? I ordered it from Amazon along with the DQ6 guide and got the DQ guide yesterday. But this morning I got an e-mail from Amazon saying 'we're still trying to obtain the TO Guide', and nowhere else on the internet appears to have it. Doesn't show up on Bradygames site, but that site seems a little out-of-date anyway.

gokieks

JKTrix said:
Does the Bradygames strategy guide for this even exist? I ordered it from Amazon along with the DQ6 guide and got the DQ guide yesterday. But this morning I got an e-mail from Amazon saying 'we're still trying to obtain the TO Guide', and nowhere else on the internet appears to have it. Doesn't show up on Bradygames site, but that site seems a little out-of-date anyway.

I got that e-mail too, but Barnes and Noble and GameStop lists it as well, so it certainly should exist.

ixix said:
I should note that I'm not pursuing this avenue of inquiry because I'm afraid that the game's difficulty will prove more than I can handle, but rather because I want to ensure that Warren Moon Jumbledlastname dutifully records my exploits for posterity as "Textiles McJeanyjeans and the Curbstompin' Campaign for Walisterian Independence."

Essentially when the game is done and the credits are rolling I want to be secure in the knowledge that Den(i/a)m will be recalled by future generations as a folk hero on par with Johnny Appleseed, but instead of apple trees he will be remembered for planting genocide.

Doesn't
killing too many people
get you a different ending?

lorddct said:
Can you still get the game with Tarrot cards?

Pre-order only.

I'm sure someone will eventually sell it on amazon though.

thefil

Got it last night and managed to get in about 30 minutes after an awfully long PSN download/install time. Loving it so far, it just seems so polished and well done. Already intimidated by my bevy of choices when it comes to skills, though.

faridmon

The impressions are making me getting it now. I bloody don't have money at the moment. Hopefully I can hold my self untill my birthday to play this.

creid

So I made a berserker and gave her a hammer. From the front, her hit percentage is usually around 25%. Is this par for the course for hammers, are berserkers bad at hitting, or what?

creid said:
So I made a berserker and gave her a hammer. From the front, her hit percentage is usually around 25%. Is this par for the course for hammers, are berserkers bad at hitting, or what?

I have a male Berserker, and while I don't remember his exact percentage, it's much larger than 25%.

Low dexterity?

As I thought I was the only person in my area to pick this up from work...oh well more tarot cards for me =p. I'll post them here after work.

HOLY FUCK!

Completely forgot you can buy shit off the PSN store on your PC!!!!

FUCKING BOUGHT!

I mention this because I'm currently deployed, so don't have access to my PStriple

creid

Fimbulvetr said:
I have a male Berserker, and while I don't remember his exact percentage, it's much larger than 25%.

Low dexterity?
Base DEX is 35, current DEX is 60. It's a couple points lower than everyone else, but only a couple.

Any way to tell how many MP your caster is going to generate per turn?

I went to pick up my preorder at Gamestop last night and they told me "our system has it releasing the 16th, so you have to come back tomorrow"... I tell them it's on PSN and they say "but it's different in Canada"... fucking idiots... Now I have to wait until they open this morning to get mine...

Wazzim

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Also, I wish there was an outfitter where the characters can try out weapons. It's really difficult to see which weapons/armor I want.

That's my only criticism. But I know it's an old game so SE probably just left it as it i
Yeah, I really miss a outfitter like in FFT..

creid said:
One of my characters is a Warrior using a hammer and does about 80%.

Anyhoo.....I love this game! It was really intimidating at first, but I'm enjoying watching my Order of DrunkenCocks go from being useless to fairly intimidating. Loving all the little details in the Warren Report.

Skilletor

There is so much to this game. It's as streamlined as FFTA2 with the depth of Tactics Ogre. Fucking awesome.

I just beat the battle which gave me such trouble in the original.

Translation is great. Graphics are great. I love the heatwave effect they use on the fire spell.

mattp

god this game is so good, and i love micromanaging. that's half the fun of these games

but, i can't stand when rpgs don't have a way to compare equipment in a shop to the stuff my characters have equipped. so many games miss this, and i don't know why.

RS4-

Managed to snag a copy before the story opened up, good ol' friends

Now...I just have to find my damn memory stick.

mjc

I got the email from Amazon on the delayed strategy guide too. What a bummer, I was looking forward to it.

joelseph

Was waiting forever for my battery to charge so I could get the update and download the game until I realized you could just unplug the device and get past that check, then it took forever to download, and when I finally got it installed it was so late I fell asleep during the first mission!

Is there a steal ability?

creid said:

Your problem is you're attacking from the front. Its not your Accuracy that is bad or anything, its just that your chances of hitting from the front are drastically lowered. I'm guessing you were probably trying to hit a knight too, who have high def and block very often from the front.

joelseph said:
Is there a steal ability?

Sure is. Rogue's have it. You'll run into them in chapter 2. Kill one, and hope he drops a class change mark.

Yaweee

Basileus777 said:
There are no charged abilities in this game, so I'm not sure why you would need a list like that.

The turn order is shown on the bottom of the screen.

Still, the number of things you do in a turn (out of Action, Skill, and Move) determines how soon your next turn shows up.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
TommyT said:
Well the world was crafted by the same people! ;D

This is the reason I wondered. I just read that both worlds share a lot of same myths. Zodaic Stones are also in both games.

Echoes

b780b420e78f49149e2849dc509683ff_7.jpg

I fucking LOVE this game.

Fucking awesome.

Skilletor

The battery of my psp go was low before I got to work, so I thought I'd plug it in and charge via usb. While my battery is charging (orange light saying it's charging was on), the battery dies.

MY BATTERY DIED WHILE IT WAS CHARGING (/TO character).

TommyT

kamorra said:
This is the reason I wondered. I just read that both worlds share a lot of same myths. Zodaic Stones are also in both games.

Yeah, kind of think of FFT as TO with a FF skin/theme.

oracrest

The game is really fun so far.

Got about 5 battles in last night. I really like the style of the whole game, right down to the font type. So far, every character portrait has been unique.

This game is awesome so far! Its really intimidating for someone like me but i enjoy it never the less. Any tips from the veterans as to what class combos are completely broken to make?

Only played the first three battles last night, so I haven't played much yet. But what I have experienced, I've loved. So far this game is reminding me very much of FFT, aesthetically. And I'm loving the character portraits in this game!

I can't wait to get home and dive in some more! Oh and the Tarot Cards are pretty neat too

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I, for one, am glad the class leveling system isn't "LOL SCREW EVERYONE ELSE, YOU LEVEL THEM ALL UP INDIVIDUALLY" like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Having a new unit be a level 5 Warrior is nice.

My only gripe is the graphics are kinda grainy. I understand it's a (SNES?) old game, but I really do wish they converted it a bit to where it looked passable.

daoster

Managing your characters' skills and equipment is increasingly becoming a bigger pain in the ass now...still enjoy the game, but this is a big flaw in TO.

Any tips on how to make magic for my non-magician characters more powerful? My Runic Knight's magic seems pathetically weak, as does my Ninja's magic skills. My Terror Knight's abilities have a much lower accuracy than my Mage's spells too.

creid

Pinko Marx said:
Your problem is you're attacking from the front. Its not your Accuracy that is bad or anything, its just that your chances of hitting from the front are drastically lowered. I'm guessing you were probably trying to hit a knight too, who have high def and block very often from the front.
I know that attacking from the front isn't always optimal, but my other characters have much higher accuracy when attacking from the front. I'll have to check, maybe I had only been targeting knights, but I think it's unlikely.

mattp

TheSeks said:
I, for one, am glad the class leveling system isn't "LOL SCREW EVERYONE ELSE, YOU LEVEL THEM ALL UP INDIVIDUALLY" like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Having a new unit be a level 5 Warrior is nice.

My only gripe is the graphics are kinda grainy. I understand it's a (SNES?) old game, but I really do wish they converted it a bit to where it looked passable.
if you zoom out during battle you realize how low res those sprites really are haha
everything gets SO crisp

Jinko

creid said:

Do you have the Melee Accuracy bonus skill ?

Jinko

robotzombie said:
How do you get the best weapons and armor? Is it like fft where you need to steal most of it, or find it on floor panels?

A mixture of that and crafting, don't sell anything from sundries/ingredients you'll need them later on.

joelseph

robotzombie said:
Is stealing the nightmare it is in FF tactics?

Stealing is the best skill ever! FFTA1 was the greatest SRPG ever because of the early Cinquedea trick to get Steal: Ability!

Top Bottom