• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

When an enemy is killed in battle and turns to loot, do I have to actually move a character to the loot to pick it up? Or if the battle ends and there is still loot sitting on the map, do I automatically get it?

Peff

BentMyWookiee said:
When an enemy is killed in battle and turns to loot, do I have to actually move a character to the loot to pick it up? Or if the battle ends and there is still loot sitting on the map, do I automatically get it?

Bags are automatically picked up at the end of battle except for the ones that are picked up by the rest of the enemies (if that happens at all, of course). The cards you do have to pick up yourself.

AleeN634

Man some of the protect character X missions are hard. The enemy AI goes after them with a vengeance. First time I had to really use the Chariot to change my strategy.

Peff said:
Bags are automatically picked up at the end of battle except for the ones that are picked up by the rest of the enemies (if that happens at all, of course). The cards you do have to pick up yourself.
Sweet, thanks! I wasn't sure if I should spend turns trying to pick them up or not. You just made my life easier.

I'll take that chance because I've wasted tons of times picking up bags that enemies ignore. I don't think the A.I intentionality picks them up.

I just got around to opening mine today, and the UMD doesn't have anything written on the white parts, not even UMD in the center, are they all like this?

Yaweee

AleeN634 said:
Man some of the protect character X missions are hard. The enemy AI goes after them with a vengeance. First time I had to really use the Chariot to change my strategy.

Actually, the AI doesn't and they do the same dumb "maximize damage" strategy as always. Run a naked decoy up asap to draw the enemy fire.

So how useful are Fulsiliers compared to Archers? I'm assuming guns don't have infinite range anymore, but I can't even equip one until level 15. I'm wondering if it's worth leveling up the class from level one top actually use it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
BentMyWookiee said:
Sweet, thanks! I wasn't sure if I should spend turns trying to pick them up or not. You just made my life easier.

Is loot collected from enemies that are not slayed? For instance, defeat a boss, but his minions are still around. Do you get the loot?

ferr

Anyone seen the strategy guide in stores yet?

Also, is there something to miss in the Golborza Plains battle in ch1? Gamefaqs says "Battle 5 (Gruborza): keep Leonard alive and Vyce will have something to say when the enemy leader is under 30% HP." I did that and nothing happened.

oracrest

Pinko Marx said:
I still haven't bothered doing any recruiting. Its so damn tedious, and the fucking odds are too low. Still, I feel like I'm missing out.

I just ran into a dragonman for the first time. It makes me want to recruit a beastmaster, or whatever they are called.

Can you get a dragonman on your team?

EvilMario said:
Good to know. No more bum rushing the bosses.

Nah. It's best to pick out a few units by using knowledge of what their class can equip or drop to guess what kinds of stuff you can get(if you need some beast tamer marks eliminate a beast tamer, if you want a spear attack a Rune Fencer/Valkyrie) .

Also, wanton murder negatively effects the Chaos Frame.

oracrest said:
I just ran into a dragonman for the first time. It makes me want to recruit a beastmaster, or whatever they are called.

Can you get a dragonman on your team?

Wizards are actually the preferred class for recruiting different types of(non-Dragon) Reptiles.

Recruit skills are usually near the bottom of the skill list. They cost a lot and most classes can only access them at lvl 5 or higher.

rainking187 said:
I just got around to opening mine today, and the UMD doesn't have anything written on the white parts, not even UMD in the center, are they all like this?
Mine isn't like that.

692r2d.jpg

The requirements to get
Deneb
are crazy. Do I really have to recruit 27 dragons, including 3 Hydras? And then there's the glass pumpkins...

oracrest

Thanks for all the answers.

If I win a battle, do I get the same experience whether I killed all the minions vs. just killing the goal character?

oracrest said:

If I win a battle, do I get the same experience whether I killed all the minions vs. just killing the goal character?

The experience is the same. You'd get more skill points if you kill everyone though.

oracrest said:

For the most part, yeah.

Bonus XP varies depending on how useful a given unit was.

Fimbulvetr said:
Bonus XP varies depending on how useful a given unit was.

I believe this bonus may be contingent on the level difference between you and the enemy. You get bonus XP for killing units a higher level than you and get less for killing weak enemies.

Balphon

How exactly do you raise a faction's chaos frame in this version? Since units don't have individual levels, is it just from getting them killed in battle?

rainking187 said:
Mine is like this... just a white circle in the center... no "UMD" on it...

Balphon said:
How exactly do you raise a faction's chaos frame in this version? Since units don't have individual levels, is it just from getting them killed in battle?

Apparently you can raise chaos frame by reviving characters of that clan. Have a bunch of low level enemies charge into battle and keep reviving them. This will kill that unit's loyalty, so it's best to do it with some new recruits.

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Mine is like this... just a white circle in the center... no "UMD" on it...

They're getting more minimalistic as time goes on. First the little controller icon and the PSP in the corners disappeared, now the UMD. Next thing you know the games won't even have art on them.

rainking187 said:
They're getting more minimalistic as time goes on. First the little controller icon and the PSP in the corners disappeared, now the UMD. Next thing you know the games won't even have art on them.
it'll just ship with the disc and no umd case.

Not certain but when do I run into that necromancer fight near the start? I ran into one but the battle was fairly tame as it was won with no problem.

thefil

Game is really starting to piss me off.

I'm on mission 5 or so, where you
protect this stupid-ass bitch who's being attacked by the G-something faction's soldiers
. The first time, I would've won except that I chariot-ed to protect one my party members, and then the
horrible wretch of a woman
died. Since then, every consecutive attempt (four more in total) has resulted in the
pointy-faced schrew
charging into battle with less protection, taking more critical hits, and dying faster. In my last attempt, she took four critical hits in the first turn, dying before I could move any of my characters more than one turn.

How the fuck am I intended to handle this battle? My party is more than capable of handling the enemy units, but I don't control the guest's AI and she seems hell-bent on making me loathe her with every fibre of my being.

Urban Scholar said:
Not certain but when do I run into that necromancer fight near the start? I ran into one but the battle was fairly tame as it was won with no problem.

Was there a river cutting through the middle of the battlefield?

If so, that's just the Necroprentice fight.

The fight right after is the Necromancer, it's optional though.

thefil said:

protect this stupid-ass bitch who's being attacked by the G-something faction's soldiers
. The first time, I would've won except that I chariot-ed to protect one my party members, and then the
died. Since then, every consecutive attempt (four more in total) has resulted in the
pointy-faced schrew
charging into battle with less protection, taking more critical hits, and dying faster. In my last attempt, she took four critical hits in the first turn, dying before I could move any of my characters more than one turn.

How the fuck am I intended to handle this battle? My party is more than capable of handling the enemy units, but I don't control the guest's AI and she seems hell-bent on making me loathe her with every fibre of my being.

Damn, am I the only person who had no problem saving Cistina?

I even managed to kill the earth dragon with no sweat and take out every enemy unit on the field.

Balphon

Basileus777 said:
Apparently you can raise chaos frame by reviving characters of that clan. Have a bunch of low level enemies charge into battle and keep reviving them. This will kill that unit's loyalty, so it's best to do it with some new recruits.

That's it? Lame. Guess I shouldn't bother going for those no-deaths titles, then.

thefil said:

pointy-faced schrew

Leave her to the crows man. (aka option 2 on the dialogue choice)

Fimbulvetr said:

Well I see I have an open invitation for fun.

Urban Scholar said:
Well I see I have an open invitation for fun.

You can do the mission anytime in chapter one. The enemies in that battle are stronger than the next few required battles, so it's not a bad idea to do it later.

Balphon said:
That's it? Lame. Guess I shouldn't bother going for those no-deaths titles, then.

Story decisions and how many enemies of a clan you kill still affect chaos frame, but you'll probably still have to grind it to reach the ending that requires a high chaos frame. Chaos frame only matters for that and one Chaos route exclusive character.

Basileus777 said:
You can do the mission anytime in chapter one. The enemies in that battle are stronger than the next few required battles, so it's not a bad idea to do it later.

I did it immediately.

So satisfying.

Fimbulvetr said:
I did it immediately.

So satisfying.

Yeah, I didn't realize you could do it later. In the original it disappeared if you went back to Almorika. Doing it immediately made for one of the tougher battles in the game.

thefil

Fimbulvetr said:

I even managed to kill the earth dragon with no sweat and take out every enemy unit on the field.

Bitching and moaning on the internet seemed to fix my RNG problems. Did it on the most recent try without any major troubles, killing the dragon as well.

At least early on, two mages in the same element is amazingly useful.

RS4-

Fimbulvetr said:

Yeah I didn't have a problem with that one either. Cistina's first move was to the left against the solo unit surrounded by water. I ended up taking out all the other units as well since I had them boxed in at the base of the, uhh, stairs.

duckroll

JKTrix said:
I mentioned the blank logo thing on the last page, apparently some have it and some don't. It's kind of weird.

I've heard of this too. Not on TO, but on ZHP. I have a friend who bought the UMD version of ZHP, and he complained that his UMD label was blank and there wasn't even a UMD logo in the middle of the caddy. Seems like it's happening on multiple games now.

Fimbulvetr said:

I had no problem with the Necromancer fight. Just sent Denam and Canopus charging up the hill and knocked him out in short order. Of course the bottom of the hill was littered with the fallen bodies of their comrades, but since I finished the battle before anyone could pass away, no harm done!

Top Bottom