• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

It sounds more bs than Xillia 1's
solo Milla battle against Musee on Unknown
. It's stuff like that where I'm sure that's what Free Run/Hit-and-Run has been intended for, but man I hate that kinda stuff.

oh no ..the bad memories ...aaaaargh !!

The only fight i was just pissed after the game in xillia 1..this kind of sh*t's unfair ..

Aeana

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like Rowen. Even now, I did his character episode and mashed through the dialog. I just can't care. :\

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like Rowen. Even now, I did his character episode and mashed through the dialog. I just can't care. :\

Bland old man. Alvin and Leia's are pretty interesting imo.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hah. Speaking of Rowen, anyone wanna test this out and see if it still works when you get 1-Damage+Risky Ring+Spell End+Quick Spell later on (provided the skills are the same as Xillia 1's)? :p

Same goes for Milla's
Sylph, Undine
, or [O, O, O, Negative Holder, rinse/repeat].

Oh, are Bacuras still in this? Do they still shell out a ton of experience or are they giving out more E. Cores this time?

Aeana

Oh, are Bacuras still in this? Do they still shell out a ton of experience or are they giving out more E. Cores this time?

They are. What they give varies based on their color. The plain ones give 18/0/60 exp/gald/EC. The bronze ones give 400/1000/120.

Also, man... while looking through my monster list, I noticed how few enemies I've gotten the defeat bonuses for. Maybe I should quit running past enemies.

jae

It's cheap. No hi-ougi. He essentially
has super glory so it's impossible to stagger. Impossible to combo. He uses Haste so all his magic gets instacast basically. He has one move where he casts Stalagmite, Spash, Wind Blade, and Fireball all at the same time.

All of his moves are taken from
Dhaos
. I thought that was cool.

A.E Suggs

This game seems to have a lot to do in it, if not for the stupid nagging to pay money I'd love the whole game a-lot more.

He's a pretty attractive dude.
I want him and Gaius in my group immediately.

This tales actually seems to have eye candy for the females this time around. That said its double the eye candy for me lol.

Aeana

This game seems to have a lot to do in it, if not for the stupid nagging to pay money I'd love the whole game a-lot more.

This tales actually seems to have eye candy for the females this time around. That said its double the eye candy for me lol.

I don't mind the nagging at all, because it makes it much easier to repay the debt when I'm reminded to do it in small increments than when I get to a point where I suddenly have to pay a gigantic chunk because I neglected it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I don't care about him either. The only good thing about his character episode was the 15000 Gald that came with it.

Vamphuntr

Jude wearing Yuri costume looks so weird. It's like having a loser wearing the clothes of someone that is a badass >.>

Does Ludger's cat actually serve a purpose in the game? Does the cat takes part in battles or skits?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
ROFL ROFL ROFL. ToX2 officially confirmed to be a culmination of anime tropes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGIYmrgq_X4
Wow. It sure seems a Tales game.

Man, Ludger not talking during that entire thing is really weird. I don't like it. Do players truly feel like they're stepping into Ludger's shoes as a result of him not speaking? Probably not.

Also, regarding Milla
Alt Milla is really... well, she's different from regular Milla

Aeana said:
They are. What they give varies based on their color. The plain ones give 18/0/60 exp/gald/EC. The bronze ones give 400/1000/120.
Oh, cool. Thanks.

Could probably get a bunch of you can find a point where you can easily spawn them by going in and out I guess. But it gets boring.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow. It sure seems a Tales game.

Man, Ludger not talking during that entire thing is really weird. I don't like it. Do players truly feel like they're stepping into Ludger's shoes as a result of him not speaking? Probably not.

Also, regarding Milla
Alt Milla is really... well, she's different from regular Milla

I don't know. Would I grab a women's breast while trying to catch her from falling - whether it be accidental or on purpose? No. Sorry NB.

Bladenic

Jude wearing Yuri costume looks so weird. It's like having a loser wearing the clothes of someone that is a badass >.>

Does Ludger's cat actually serve a purpose in the game? Does the cat takes part in battles or skits?

Indeed. Poor Yuri has had his costume defiled before too, by Assbel.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't know. Would I grab a women's breast while trying to catch her from falling - whether it be accidental or on purpose? No. Sorry NB.
But do you feel like you'll want to protect Milla Maxwell or that little girl? Are you, kayos90, prepared to destroy this world for the sake of one girl?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
But do you feel like you'll want to protect Milla Maxwell or that little girl? Are you, kayos90, prepared to destroy this world for the sake of one girl?

Alternate Milla punched me for
telling her straight up that I destroyed her world.

Artemisia

Banned
Hi Ougi spoiler:

Rebirth Crusader is back ;_;

iq1kE0yC1Ztj.gif

What an amazing surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQHYrLDSNw4

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finishing episode 2 for each character gets you their ToX hair and outfits :> Gave Alvin his OG hair style back for now. The white variation of his suit is pretty swag as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Chapter 9 finished. Those wanting Gaius in their party will be pleased with that chapter, plus there's a Gaius character episode right after.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The cutscene direction is so bad, why Tales can't get better at this? Everything seems so off on screen everytime I look randomly at some story event.
Perfo, you should be looking at this cutscene instead (well, I'd post a more spoilery one because ToX1 has a few good anime cutscenes, but...). There are some in-engine cutscenes in Tales of Xillia 1 that are directed rather nicely, like (Tales of Xillia 1 late Act 4 spoilers, before the final boss, do not watch if you intend to play Xillia for srs I mean it) this one, though.

But I don't come to Tales for that kind of stuff, and I'm sure a lot of people don't either.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Perfo, you should be looking at this cutscene instead (well, I'd post a more spoilery one because ToX1 has a few good anime cutscenes, but...). There are some in-engine cutscenes in Tales of Xillia 1 that are directed rather nicely, like (Tales of Xillia 1 late Act 4 spoilers, before the final boss, do not watch if you intend to play Xillia for srs I mean it) this one, though.

I'm speaking of in-engine cutscenes of course, anime are something else being just few of them. Maybe it has just to do with budget, but I always thought that Tales of was the second most costy jRPG coming from Japan after Final Fantasy. I coukd be wrong though, maybe these games are not that costy at all development-wise. You're right though, most people play Tales of for other reasons, but I'd play it again if at least presentation was a bit more ambitious than this. Anyway nevermind.

Jubern

I just realized looking at a wiki that I missed Jude's first character episode. Is it something you can do at any moment or am I screwed? I have a save right before entering the lab and starting chapter 5 so I can trackback, but...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice OT!

Game is tormenting me sitting here on my desk. Still need to finish up the first one before jumping in. D:

Datschge

I get the feeling they won't try it again. Fan response is not positive.

They definitely won't. The obviously last minute recording and addition of Ludger's voices were their cry for help after noticing that they messed up, and that didn't improve anything. What's positive though is that they react on reactions of their fanbase at all.

The cutscene direction is so bad, why Tales can't get better at this? Everything seems so off on screen everytime I look randomly at some story event.

Xillia 2 is the best yet, plenty very well done in-game cutscenes. In general the use of mimics and gestures has improved a lot. But the huge amount of cutscenes in Tales games pretty much dictates that the majority of them are just not that important for getting the polishing effort major event cutscenes get.

Maybe it has just to do with budget, but I always thought that Tales of was the second most costy jRPG coming from Japan after Final Fantasy. I coukd be wrong though, maybe these games are not that costy at all development-wise.

I'm pretty sure Tales games are very low budget for what they offer. I think besides game design, jpop animated openings and voice acting every single detail has been done better in other games, it's just the combination and the extensiveness of everything included that makes Tales games stand out.

Edit: Aww shit, "Team Destiny", as headed by Kazuya Ishizuka, is definitely no more as that guy left last December after a little over 20 years. =( Now it will be really interesting what kind of teams they are going to build at Bandai Namco Studios...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I am going to use Air Mail from now on. That was super-fast! :D

Plus I have the day off today so I'm starting now! Excite! won't be able to play again until Friday so I'm getting all I can in right now. Edit: wtf making me sign up for a Tales Channel account. >:| And this instruction manual is huuuuge.

edit: omg, the ports are the same... and yeah, I totally get why people feel like Ludger not talking is weird. It really is weird, and it doesn't work with the cutscenes at all because you feel like he has to say something, but he can't. It's even weirder in skits.

A few observations about Ludger:
-his attack speed and attack stance with his dual knives is fit to work well with around-step, but the controls for around-step is so wonky in the Xillia games. I don't like that they didn't modify them to the controls that Graces uses because that control scheme is more intuitive.
-Ludger's arte 鳴時雨, a slash attack, if it weren't for the fact that it ends with a knockdown, would be a good way to accrue hits for a combo.
-his running animation on the field bugs the hell out of me but I can't tell you what exactly it is about it that I dislike

Oh man you get grade from titles. Ew.

"hey look at all this shit we're giving you because you have save/clear data from these games isn't it cooooool?"

And, uh, yeah, this is probably the least import-friendly Tales game I've played, I think, for anyone who might be planning to import just to get by without much JP knowledge. A lot of that comes from the R1/L1 decision making things, though.

Edit3: Skits are so one-sided, man! Make a decision once which is kinda weird but they're like... other character talks and then Ludger's all "Ummm... mmm, ugh, mmm... hmmmm". wtf.

the foreign services decided that a package name video game "tales of xillia 2" is suspicious and thus have decided to keep it at least 2 more days !

So ... well ....

Mieu

I really find Lulu cute and adorable hehehe

I think the number of MA's is enough. If they did more single MA's and dual MA's The team could have experienced delays. Just my thought

Top Bottom