• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
More screens just because I feel like it. Ugh, too bad you can't just transfer this stuff to USB while you play the game or something. I would've done it a few hours ago.

THAT EMIL COSTUME IS REALLY SOMETHING, EH?!

dnRh2.jpg

21ZXj.jpg

CaxxK.jpg

The dreaded maximum of 10000 Grade seems to be back from the first game :( Gonna need to plan my way to get the most Grade and organize all this.
Then make a list of options I'll take with each new game+ (10000 is taking at least
playthroughs I suspect, based on
the number of endings that give Grade after a playthrough
).

I hope the game's not coming tomorrow though, I'll need to sign the receipt but won't be at home all day and nobody else will be able to take the package for me...so the post will likely take it back and either tell me where to pick it up or they'll come back the next day with it.
Plus, I need a bit more time to first get Okami HD's Platinum trophy.

Aeana

so how do you take screenshots? i wanna do it!

I told you how to do it in the post where I first mentioned it!

I was flipping through the manual and I noticed a part about taking screenshots. Is this a common feature in PS3 games? I've never seen it before. All you have to do is bring up the XMB, go over to photo, and "save screenshot" is there as an option! :eek:

jae

I was flipping through the manual and I noticed a part about taking screenshots. Is this a common feature in PS3 games? I've never seen it before. All you have to do is bring up the XMB, go over to photo, and "save screenshot" is there as an option! :eek:

I told you how to do it in the post where I first mentioned it!

I keep trying to do this but I don't have the option on my XMB >_>

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So food works the same way it did in Xillia 1, huh...

Also, Ludger's phone conversations are awfully one-sided, aren't they?

Edit: Ival...
KuGsj.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gaius is a bi hard to play with. Need to learn him.

Does it make Gaius OPthat he has a one hit kill move! Hell no. He's freaking Gaius. He does what he wants.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If it weren't for the debt repayment stuff (and possibly character chapters), I feel like this game would go lots faster (even if getting gald is easy). Main Chapters aren't very long. Getting used to Ludger and Jude's newer speed so I could comfortably fight bosses on Hard, plus trying to get more SP. I feel like the Hard mode in this game a little better than Xillia's but I haven't fought enough bosses to make a good judgement of that yet.

I echo the sentiments of those saying that it feels like an Xillia Director's Cut. Instead of outright making a DC, they went and made a new game with a new scenario with a focus on a few new characters which just feels like a DC (and part of the reason why it feels like a DC to me is because it starts in the place where the last game felt extremely rushed, right down to using the final
pathway to the boss
music in the first "dungeon").

But with that said, I'm incredibly disappointed with what they did with Ludger. The guy barely animates, all he does is grunt or say mmm, uh, ugh, etc. and there are lots of scenes and skits where you expect him to say something but he barely reacts outside of a change in facial expression. It's a shame because outside of that, when he fights things in cutscenes and stuff he looks like a real badass. Conversations are one-sided, and half the time he responds with "... ... ... ..." or "?" It's just weird. It's an interesting experiment, but it's a failed one, especially for a series whose strengths is partially based on character interaction. The option to turn his voice on should've been there from the start. I don't feel like I'm stepping into his shoes at all, even if that's what Namco wanted me to do.

Also, Jude's pretty good. No issues with the dude, and he's mature.

Anyway, that's enough playing for me until Friday night (blah, I know I won't be able to resist after watching election stuff tomorrow).

Mieu

530638_10151232504049674_1328980917_n.jpg

430584_10151232503484674_1735353199_n.jpg

I'm loving the screenshot feature hehehe ^_^v

The butler and Star Driver costumes work fine. The same goes for some attachments from TOX1

If it weren't for the debt repayment stuff (and possibly character chapters), I feel like this game would go lots faster (even if getting gald is easy). Main Chapters aren't very long. Getting used to Ludger and Jude's newer speed so I could comfortably fight bosses on Hard, plus trying to get more SP. I feel like the Hard mode in this game a little better than Xillia's but I haven't fought enough bosses to make a good judgement of that yet.

I echo the sentiments of those saying that it feels like an Xillia Director's Cut. Instead of outright making a DC, they went and made a new game with a new scenario with a focus on a few new characters which just feels like a DC (and part of the reason why it feels like a DC to me is because it starts in the place where the last game felt extremely rushed, right down to using the final
pathway to the boss
music in the first "dungeon").

But with that said, I'm incredibly disappointed with what they did with Ludger. The guy barely animates, all he does is grunt or say mmm, uh, ugh, etc. and there are lots of scenes and skits where you expect him to say something but he barely reacts outside of a change in facial expression. It's a shame because outside of that, when he fights things in cutscenes and stuff he looks like a real badass. Conversations are one-sided, and half the time he responds with "... ... ... ..." or "?" It's just weird. It's an interesting experiment, but it's a failed one, especially for a series whose strengths is partially based on character interaction. The option to turn his voice on should've been there from the start. I don't feel like I'm stepping into his shoes at all, even if that's what Namco wanted me to do.

Also, Jude's pretty good. No issues with the dude, and he's mature.

Anyway, that's enough playing for me until Friday night (blah, I know I won't be able to resist after watching election stuff tomorrow).

If this was mentioned earlier in the topic I apologize (I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself too much cause I haven't played X1) but when you turn on Ludger's "voice" on a 2nd playthough does it fix a lot of the issues or does he still not have a lot of dialogue? That's been my biggest concern about X2

Netto-kun

If this was mentioned earlier in the topic I apologize (I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself too much cause I haven't played X1) but when you turn on Ludger's "voice" on a 2nd playthough does it fix a lot of the issues or does he still not have a lot of dialogue? That's been my biggest concern about X2
Yeah, Datschge mentioned this earlier in the topic.

Well, depends on what one expects. With voices
none of the scenes are adapted to it, the chosen choices are voiced off screen, and then in the scenes Ludger continues acting like a silent character

i'm kinda annoyed ATM ..played 24 minutes and it was great ( played until triglav )
it was great so far ... I wasn't expecting that
the small boss to be so tough ... Yes i choose to fight !!!

Anyway i have a code on a small pamflet ... 4 letters by 4.. it seems that i need to register on tales channels to get my costumes ..is that alight ? or did i miss something in my game box ?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i'm kinda annoyed ATM ..played 24 minutes and it was great ( played until triglav )
it was great so far ... I wasn't expecting that
the small boss to be so tough ... Yes i choose to fight !!!

Anyway i have a code on a small pamflet ... 4 letters by 4.. it seems that i need to register on tales channels to get my costumes ..is that alight ? or did i miss something in my game box ?
Yeah, you need to make a Tales Channel account to get the PSN code for your costumes/theme/other stuff you're probably not gonna use.

As for your spoiler:
Hahaha so did I! It was pretty good on Hard.

kayos90

Hadou Meppu costs 60 TP. So ridiculous. But it automatically puts you into glory so it's usually never wasted.

Yeah, you need to make a Tales Channel account to get the PSN code for your costumes/theme/other stuff you're probably not gonna use.

As for your spoiler:
Hahaha so did I! It was pretty good on Hard.

ok not gonna make an account (yet) forgot my current account info i think ..

But for everyone ahead of me , the much anticipated question remain :

Curry or omelet ?

Anyway ludger is totally a wasted potential ...ok design but the silent character is really bad..i hope i'll learn to forget it as i play but still

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finished chapter 9... at this point I just want to continue the story instead of paying off debt :/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
ok not gonna make an account (yet) forgot my current account info i think ..

But for everyone ahead of me , the much anticipated question remain :

Curry or omelet ?
It's Tales. What do you think is the right answer? :p

The debt mechanic is by far one of the worst things in the game.
This. Gald comes in easy and stuff, but ehhhh... I feel like it's a way to pad the game out a bit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's Tales. What do you think is the right answer? :p

This. Gald comes in easy and stuff, but ehhhh... I feel like it's a way to pad the game out a bit.

It comes in easy... until you need 150K to move on... and even doing quests it's a slow burn.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That sounds like an annoying grind. Ugh.

It's too bad, because ToX2's story is more engaging than ToX1's story so far, but having the debt stuff as a bit of a roadblock sometimes is disappointing. It's legitimately an interesting Tales story.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That sounds like an annoying grind. Ugh.

It's too bad, because ToX2's story is more engaging than ToX1's story so far, but having the debt stuff as a bit of a roadblock sometimes is disappointing. It's legitimately an interesting Tales story.

For sure. ToX's story really dragged on to me, and even Graces was kind of bland, but ToX2's has me interested to see what happens next.

kayos90

The debt system was fine in the beginning because you really didn't have to do extras to progress but the later chapters test my patience.

kayos90

I will say that the pacing of the game is good overall. It's a bit slow like every other Tales and I expect a massive infodump but other than that great story despite the parallel worlds.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I will say that the pacing of the game is good overall. It's a bit slow like every other Tales and I expect a massive infodump but other than that great story despite the parallel worlds.

I actually like how they're handling the alternate worlds and the reasoning behind having to destroy them.

kayos90

I actually like how they're handling the alternate worlds and the reasoning behind having to destroy them.

Yeah. It's extremely well done. I was very wary going in but I've bought into it. What chapter are you on? Have you tried Gaius?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah. It's extremely well done. I was very wary going in but I've bought into it. What chapter are you on? Have you tried Gaius?

I finished 9, so yes I've still got Gaius in my party for the moment. You're right in that's he's not particularly easy to use, although I'm still maining Ludger.

kayos90

I finished 9, so yes I've still got Gaius in my party for the moment. You're right in that's he's not particularly easy to use, although I'm still maining Ludger.

He has one move where he takes a defensive status and when an enemy attacks, he dodges and does a slash. It has a high chance of one hit killing something. Or multiple enemies if they're caught in the slash.

Rpgmonkey

They made some really great improvements to this game's engine. Battles feel a lot smoother and more responsive than they were in the first game.

I assume the last one or two PS3 Tales games will be based on Xillia's technology, so it's nice that they made some optimizations.

Torraz

With a bit of luck my copy will arrive tomorrow, Friday or Saturday :|.

Still VLR has kept this game out of my mind for a few days, what an engrossing experience.

Man the people reaction to ludger debt in chapter 2 ..rofl...

classic but effective..also what the heck nova ..
is she always listening ?

Anyway the debt mecanic is such a bold way to prevent you from exploring the scene is so akward, i'm sure that's the only reason they impemented this mecanic.

So i played more ... the game is good , the story seems really intresting ..not a fan of the new orb system yet but i'll manage i think ..

Jubern

Even with his Xillia 1 outfit, Alvin keeps the terrible beard, WHY NAMCO, WHY?!

*sigh*

I'm 20 hours in. About to start chapter 9 (
Muse
version). I'm doing every event and a *lot* of side-quests, pretty much every thing. It makes me realize how shameless they were with the reused material in that sequel, but I like the game a lot overall, maybe more than Xillia. I'm never lost about where to go in quests and it's pretty much impossible to miss a character-related event. No shop leveling and giganto monsters help a lot too.

Top Bottom