• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

Stuart444

-_- I honestly wonder why I pre-order from Yesasia... probably because they usually mark it down so it gets here without import costs.

But currently it now says waiting for stock rather than pre-order. What's the point of pre-ordering if they don't have it in day of release...

meh.

Stuart444

Order from Amiami or PA next time.

I used to use Play-asia back before they stopped shipping to UK (which has since changed back) but I'm not sure if they mark them down/it will get through customs without import costs and they can just make it a bit too expensive >.<

Yes-asia is good but it's odd, they usually got games in by day of release so this is weird to me. (I remember ordering idolm@ster 2 from there and it got shipped day of release)

Oh well. ;_;

Rofl ..Excellent ... so muse can make her wing disapear ?
I'm so tired of the stereotypical bathing event in Japanese media, so if it keeps that crap out of games, then I am all for it. If I never see another female party member assault a male party member for "trying to peek," it'll be too soon.

i take it you've never read/watched "zettai karen children" ?

Didn't know you lived in UK. Well I guess PA is out of the question then, lol.

my PA order is still in the "preparing" status ....

Judging by what we've seen, he needs a voice for certain scenes because it's essential for portraying emotion and such. I don't understand why they would do such a thing and legitimately justify it...

It just seems like such an odd change to make when the series has done fine without silent protagonists. I'm not sure anybody ever asked for this. Haha.

Aeana

It just seems like such an odd change to make when the series has done fine without silent protagonists. I'm not sure anybody ever asked for this. Haha.
What makes it really especially odd is that Tales is a series with a fandom that is completely character-driven.
Then again, recent character polls have had silent characters right up at the top so maybe Namco is responding to that!

Stuart444

Well they are trying it out with this anyway, it's not like every game from here on will have protags that are mostly silent.

Looking forward to checking it all out anyway :)

Also for anyone interested, DLC is up on the JP PSN store.

Datschge

Baba did. Yoshidumi should have told him Tales games are CPGs not RPGs. Instead they hurried in additional Ludger voice acting once it was clear the fanbase don't want a Link in their Tales and the result is
as bad as one would imagine after such a course of events

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Baba did. Yoshidumi should have told him Tales games are CPGs not RPGs. Instead they hurried in additional Ludger voice acting once it was clear the fanbase don't want a Link in their Tales and the result is

Wait. Seriously. This happened?

I haven't been keeping up with ToX2 much at all, but are the results really that "ugh" inducing?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Maybe Capcom and Namco Bandai are planning on merging. Gonna be NamComDai or something.

At least NB isn't insulting enough to put their costumes on the disc. At least... I would hope not. Do they? Maybe I missed that.

Bladenic

What makes it really especially odd is that Tales is a series with a fandom that is completely character-driven.
Then again, recent character polls have had silent characters right up at the top so maybe Namco is responding to that!

Erm, who?

Datschge

I haven't been keeping up with ToX2 much at all, but are the results really that "ugh" inducing?

Well, depends on what one expects. With voices
none of the scenes are adapted to it, the chosen choices are voiced off screen, and then in the scenes Ludger continues acting like a silent character

Aeana

PA order shipped. In fact,

Ship date   Nov 1, 2012
Estimated delivery   Nov 2, 2012 by 10:30 AM

Just like I said, it'll be here tomorrow morning~

Stuart444

PA order shipped. In fact,

Ship date   Nov 1, 2012
Estimated delivery   Nov 2, 2012 by 10:30 AM

Just like I said, it'll be here tomorrow morning~

How do you guys get it so fast? Seriously, even when I used to use PA, it'd still take a week to get to the UK >_<

Stuart444

Using FedEx? With FedEx, I always get stuff quickly.

Express shipping regardless of who for me still requires a long trip to London/england, then customs (-_-) then driving all the way up to Scotland.

I'm surprised you guys would get it next day even with customs is all.

Aeana

Express shipping regardless of who for me still requires a long trip to London/england, then customs (-_-) then driving all the way up to Scotland.

I'm surprised you guys would get it next day even with customs is all.

Customs is most likely the culprit. If my packages ever got stopped in customs, I'm sure it would take longer.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Awesome, my copy shipped and should arrive tomorrow as long as FedEx doesn't hold it up in customs.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Same here ...PA notice and tracking numbers..
will have the game at earliest saturday or tuesday ...
Is Canada the only country that doesn't have post on Saturday or something? I see people from different nations saying they get mail on Saturday a lot on here. >.>

Stuart444

Is Canada the only country that doesn't have post on Saturday or something? I see people from different nations saying they get mail on Saturday a lot on here. >.>

I don't know about Canada but usually with standard shipping (royal mail in the UK), we get mail on Saturday yeah but with couriers, Mon - Fri unless it's special Saturday delivery arranged by the shop.

Though Canada doesn't have Standard delivery on Saturday? Seriously?

FSLink

Banned
I'll probably get it tomorrow, never had a problem with customs being in Texas.
But I'm also on base so that probably means the base will delay and get it to the postal room later. I'll have it by Monday for sure.

Top Bottom