• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

Aeana

I like the idea of the link strategies. Being able to remain linked but not targeting the same enemy will certainly be useful.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How do you play without being able to understand Japanese?!

It says, "to you who knows the strength to defend, we present a twintailed girl's attachment."

Cuz I'm awesome. In all seriousness, I can understand most of the voiced part. I just can't read.

Dialog choices in skits, really? :
And the choices weren't even good. There was no "smack Jude in the face" option in the first skit, just telling him a lie or ignoring him. :

I would pay NB for that option.

So far there's four Tales games on the PS3: Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia, and Xillia 2.

Do you have the Japanese version of Grces f or did they give you that for the English version?

Wondering this as well. I never got a notice. Unless the items just pop up in the DLC section. I have the korean version for all the tales games so far.

jae

Wondering this as well. I never got a notice. Unless the items just pop up in the DLC section. I have the korean version for all the tales games so far.

They would pop up when you first gain control of Ludger in town.

I was pleased to see the Xillia 1 DLC carries over. That was probably common knowledge but I was unaware. IRONY OF FATE FOR THE WHOLE GAME.....!!!

kayos90

I was pleased to see the Xillia 1 DLC carries over. That was probably common knowledge but I was unaware. IRONY OF FATE FOR THE WHOLE GAME.....!!!

.... Meh. I'll just apprivoise.

Aeana

So far there's four Tales games on the PS3: Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia, and Xillia 2.

Do you have the Japanese version of Grces f or did they give you that for the English version?
I've played both on my PS3 (well, NA and Asian), so I dunno which it was looking at. Probably just cares about JP though.

Aeana

There is a really odd/annoying bug with the game where the screen darkens a lot after a scene, and I have to pause/unpause or go into a menu to get it to lighten up again.

Aeana

It's L1 + up or down on the analog stick + O. I don't remember how it was in Xillia, but I don't remember having to use the analog stick like that.

Aeana

Wow, so that's where all the extra content from Xillia 1 went!!!

Are the quests better than the Xillia ones?
Umm, not really. There are quests to get x amount of <item>, kill x amount of <enemy>, deliver item to <person>, etc. Lots of unsubstantial quests. And Nova assaults you for loan repayment every time the amount of gald you have on hand exceeds the amount you need to repay in the current tier. (._. )

kayos90

Umm, not really. There are quests to get x amount of <item>, kill x amount of <enemy>, deliver item to <person>, etc. Lots of unsubstantial quests. And Nova assaults you for loan repayment every time the amount of gald you have on hand exceeds the amount you need to repay in the current tier. (._. )

So Nova is the Welch of Star Ocean in annoyance?

Aeana

So it seems shop build is not in this game?
Have my prayers been answered?! :eek: I didn't pay any attention to this game leading up to release, so seeing new items show up in shops when I get to new towns is making me all giddy.

Aeana

XEE8G.jpg

... This game's obsession with cats is going too far.
"The cat-loving girl who moved into this apartment with 100 cats."

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Does he laugh or grunt at least?

Ahaha, I stumbled up on this by accident but in this game's grade shop, one of the usual options is missing:
you cannot inherit Gald. Pretty sneaky, sis

Aeana said:
So it seems shop build is not in this game?
Instead you use your drops to fashion special order armour. You can buy new gear at each town you come to.

Aeana

So, Schala, to answer your question... the thing that's equivalent to
Aifread's treasure is, I guess, finding the cats. They're all over the place, though, not just on the field.

FSLink

Banned
It's L1 + up or down on the analog stick + O. I don't remember how it was in Xillia, but I don't remember having to use the analog stick like that.

Yeah, it was the same. Dammit, I was hoping they'd change that, it was awful in the first one compared to Graces style, and I can't imagine it's improved here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I'm playing Xillia right now to see if it's the same scheme and the controls for sidestep are the same. I never liked 'em either. Graces' way of doing it was fine.

So, Schala, to answer your question... the thing that's equivalent to
Aifread's treasure is, I guess, finding the cats. They're all over the place, though, not just on the field.
Thanks, Aeana. I was hoping that
cat collectathon wasn't going to be the only thing, but hey, they're easier to see and than the Aifread Treaures, I guess. Sometimes I had to back up or go around the thing to get the Circle prompt.

Aeana

Soo umm... I've noticed that as I've completed the non-red quests, sometimes new ones crop up and sometimes they're the same ones I've done before. I wonder if it actually lets you do like, infinite quests.

FSLink

Banned
Just got my copy. Right on time too since I just completed Zero Escape: VLR 100%. I'll probably stream later tonight. How exactly do you input the preorder code on Tales Channel? Don't have an account there...>___>

I was pleased to see the Xillia 1 DLC carries over
. That was probably common knowledge but I was unaware. IRONY OF FATE FOR THE WHOLE GAME.....!!!

The costumes carries over ? by change did you have the star driver costumes ? are they in there too ?

Rpgmonkey

Do you get anything for having a ToX save?

If so does the region matter (JPN ToX1 -> Asia ToX2)?

Yeah you get an attachment for having vesperia, graces, and Xillia save data.

Vesperia gives you a Yuri doll, Graces gives you a chibi robo Sophie doll, clearing Jude's side gives you a Jude doll, and clearing Milla's side gives you a Milla doll.

The costumes carries over ? by change did you have the star driver costumes ? are they in there too ?

All DLC costumes (except the color variation ones?) carry over.

Aeana

Except when you think you found a cat and you run up all excited and its another damn pigeon.
Keep your ears open; they always meow when you move by them!

Do you get anything for having a ToX save?

If so does the region matter (JPN ToX1 -> Asia ToX2)?
You do. I don't know if region matters though, since all of mine are Asian.

Netto-kun

Just got my copy. Right on time too since I just completed Zero Escape: VLR 100%. I'll probably stream later tonight. How exactly do you input the preorder code on Tales Channel? Don't have an account there...>___>
Well, you need to have an account to register the code.

Quick guide to register a BandaiNamco account:

1. Go here. Scroll down and click on &#20250;&#21729;&#30331;&#37682;.
2. In the next page, scroll down and click &#21516;&#24847;&#12434;&#12377;&#12427;.
3. In the next page, you'll be asked to input an e-mail. Do so and click &#12513;&#12540;&#12523;&#36865;&#20449;.
4. Check your inbox where you should find a mail saying &#12304;&#12496;&#12531;&#12480;&#12452;&#12490;&#12512;&#12467;ID&#12305;&#20206;&#30331;&#37682;&#23436;&#20102;&#12398;&#12362;&#30693;&#12425;&#12379; or something similar. Click on the link.
5. You'll be redirected to this page. When you are done, click&#12288;&#30906;&#35469;. Once again, you'll be redirected to a confirmation page. Click &#30331;&#37682;&#12377;&#12427; to finish the registration.
6. Log-in and go back to the very first link. You should see a new form where you are able to input the preorder code. Click &#36865;&#20449; to recieve the PSN code (since I don't have the game yet, I guess they'll send it to the e-mail that you using for the BandaiNamco account.

Edit: Oh, forgot this. &#30007;&#24615; = Male, &#22899;&#24615; = Female.

FSLink

Banned
I have Asian Xillia 1, Asian + US Graces f, and Japanese Vesperia.

I got Japanese Xillia 2.
Sophie, Yuri, Milla, and Jude Overdrive items showed up in my inventory just now. So I can confirm that it does work with different regions.
I also don't have a clear save for Graces f on my Asian copy, and I haven't cleared Vesperia on PS3 either.

@Netto-kun: You're the best! :D It sent me to a page where I could click on a link to get my preorder code, didn't receive an e-mail. :p

EDIT: Okay, side dodge doesn't seem so bad since it doesn't do an attack during it like it did in Xillia 1 (probably an unlockable skill later?) so it feels better as a defensive maneuver.

kayos90

All the data carried over for mine and they're all asian. Also all costumes transferred over.

FSLink

Banned
Would like to confirm that as we probably all expected, they didn't fix the multiplayer. Going into Link mode makes your partner automatically controlled by the AI.

Aeana

I would have thought that the changes they made to make the link strategy system work would have allowed them to make player-controlled linked members work. In fact, once I saw that system, I was sure that that was the reason they added that. Huh.

Aeana

I've unlocked Ludger's other weapons, and I have to be honest: I really don't like them. Neither of them feel as good as his dual knives. :\

Bebpo

Banned
Thanks for the replies everyone. All my Tales previous games are J-versions but if I get Xillia 2 at some point I'll just go for Asian version. $20 >> collector tendencies for me right now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've unlocked Ludger's other weapons, and I have to be honest: I really don't like them. Neither of them feel as good as his dual knives. :\
Slower animations or are they associated with artes that aren't as good as the dual knives?

Aeana

Slower animations or are they associated with artes that aren't as good as the dual knives?
Yes, they're far slower. The artes range from okay to pretty good, although there's one gun arte where he shoots a slow-moving bubble and it seems pretty lame. Still, you're pretty much forced to use the other weapons due to resistances and stuff, so maybe I'll get used to them.

Also I can't believe you have to go back to town to switch out your party members...

kayos90

I can't believe Jude is so slow. It's okay though. Now I have another reason to hate him. Though he's actually likable in this game... somewhat.

Top Bottom