• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

demidar

Yep.
If there's any thing like Destiny remake to kill off auto battles (lol), it has yet to be seen.

Can one even auto battle effectively in the later entries? My only exposure to Barbatos is Youtube vids of him curbstomping parties and fighting him in Vesperia.

Aeana

Can one even auto battle effectively in the later entries? My only exposure to Barbatos is Youtube vids of him curbstomping parties and fighting him in Vesperia.

Auto is sufficient to get through regular fights. It's not the most efficient way, but it'll do it, and you can leave the game unattended.

FSLink

Banned

I think Symphonia and Vesperia had areas where you could grind Grade easily with auto battle.

demidar

Auto is sufficient to get through regular fights. It's not the most efficient way, but it'll do it, and you can leave the game unattended.

I wonder why people would do that, Tales games usually aren't too hard to warrant grinding.

I think Symphonia and Vesperia had areas where you could grind Grade easily with auto battle.

Grade farming is a whole lot easier just spamming Tidal Wave, though I hope to never have to grind Grade. Can't do that here though, Grades not awarded through fighting haha.

demidar

Destiny 2 and Rebirth I can see why people would want to though, those can be pretty brutal on harder difficulties.

I'd love to be able to visit the games I've missed but I don't want to purchase new hardware at the moment, thinking about upgrading my computer. So the only Tales games on the horizon are Xillia and Xillia 2. I'll try my best to lower my expectations so I don't come away disappointed.

FSLink

Banned
So far the only known Tales characters that show up are
Cless, Mint, Stan, and Rutee.

Maybe there's a cat you can find named Barbatos though. :p

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on this happening, lol

When/where was Mint confirmed? And has Rutee been confirmed to be a character you fight yet? I know she shows up in a sidequest...

Rpgmonkey

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on this happening, lol

When/where was Mint confirmed? And has Rutee been confirmed to be a character you fight yet? I know she shows up in a sidequest...

They had another event where they showed Mint. She's a part of some sidequest too. You fight Cless and Stan in the Tag Team Mode, I don't think anyone's found out yet if there's a special fight for the Party Mode. I guess there's still a chance you fight Rutee and Mint there.

Edit: Ah, beaten. I had the post typed up but forgot to submit it, haha.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And it's here. Well, it was at 9AM but I went back to sleep.

A6tHs1QCMAApiFX.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'll spend a good time playing it after my classes. When I say that I mean probably 12 hours lol.

kiryogi

Banned
Hello .

We have confirmed your payment and shipped the following order to you.

Your parcel's registration number:

The parcel's online tracking information is available at Japan Post website (below) or
your country's post office website.
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/delivery/ems_search_en.html

Order Number:
<Item Name | Unit Price | QTY | Total >
-------------------------------------------------------------------
(In-stock)PS3 [w/AmiAmi Exclusive Bookstore Card + First Release Bonus] Tales of Xillia 2 | 7,930.- | 1 | 7,930.-
Payment method: Credit card
Shipping method: EMS
Shipping fee: 1200
Store Credit: -110
TOTAL: 9020 JPY
Paid: -9020
AMOUNT DUE: 0

Torraz

Hello .

We have confirmed your payment and shipped the following order to you.

Your parcel's registration number:

The parcel's online tracking information is available at Japan Post website (below) or
your country's post office website.
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/delivery/ems_search_en.html

Order Number:
<Item Name | Unit Price | QTY | Total >
(In-stock)PS3 [w/AmiAmi Exclusive Bookstore Card + First Release Bonus] Tales of Xillia 2 | 7,930.- | 1 | 7,930.-
Payment method: Credit card
Shipping method: EMS
Shipping fee: 1200
Store Credit: -110
TOTAL: 9020 JPY
Paid: -9020
AMOUNT DUE: 0

Wat? EMS is "only" 1200 yen for a game at amiami?

That's pretty damn cheap in comparison to many other stores. Too bad that would get jacked up to hell with import duties where I live, else I would have absolutely no problem with only using EMS.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So far I am liking the beginning more than Xillia's. The combat is definitely a lot smoother.

It's really awkward having Ludger be a silent protagonist though... it really should have been optional from the start.

For those who want a catch up on Xillia's events, the menu has some short digest movies, which is a lot better than the narrated text that FFXIII-2's digest had.

kayos90

So far I am liking the beginning more than Xillia's. The combat is definitely a lot smoother.

It's really awkward having Ludger be a silent protagonist though... it really should have been optional from the start.

It's awkward because it feels like Ludger is supposed to be a distinct character, not a clean slate. It's annoying really. I found the beginning super awkward as a result.

raven777

For those who want a catch up on Xillia's events, the menu has some short digest movies, which is a lot better than the narrated text that FFXIII-2's digest had.

it doesn't lag like the first one when you have a lot of enemies?

Jubern

Well, depends on what one expects. With voices
none of the scenes are adapted to it, the chosen choices are voiced off screen, and then in the scenes Ludger continues acting like a silent character

That's... incredible. And by incredible I mean bad.

Still torn on getting this. Already want to buy SRW OG2nd and Yakuza 5, and neither come cheap. Guess I'll wait for impressions of this before getting it used. I loved some parts of Xillia 1 (characters and their story sidequests, world setting, overall cutscene direction and art) but the whole package felt really average to me...

Aeana

Downloading the free DLC and the custom themes/costume (the screenshot made the costume look like Emil...? Gross). The manual is huge.

Yazus

Are tenere many tales of for ps3? If ps4 has backward compatibility ill probably get that and buy the tales. Fell in love with Vesperia but since I only own a 360 I don't see how I can play all those awesome games :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I didn't get the magazine, but I also ordered the Japanese one and not the Asian version.

I finished chapter one and my thoughts are still grounded that the beginning is a lot more interesting than Xillia 1's was. Kayos will be happy to know the first character you pair up with is Jude :D

I can see why it got a CERO C rating now... the story seems really dark and there's been a lot of violence early on. They're not afraid to show blood either.

Aeana

I wish I could delete the Emil costume from my inventory.

Ludger is fast with the dual knives, but man I miss Jude's teleport already.

kayos90

I didn't get the magazine, but I also ordered the Japanese one and not the Asian version.

I finished chapter one and my thoughts are still grounded that the beginning is a lot more interesting than Xillia 1's was. Kayos will be happy to know the first character you pair up with is Jude :D

I can see why it got a CERO C rating now... the story seems really dark and there's been a lot of violence early on. They're not afraid to show blood either.

FUCK.

Aeana

&#12393;&#12435;&#12394;&#39000;&#12356;&#12418;&#21494;&#12360;&#12390;&#12367;&#12428;&#12427;&#22580;&#25152;&#65281;

The animated movies in this are so nice looking.

kayos90

Julius is kind of a good-looking dude.
Silent Ludger and dialog choices feel really odd.

I've seen the first 8 or 9 episodes.

Cool bro and cool voice. Not liking the silent protag in this.

See more episodes!!!

Aeana

Just got a bunch of attachments for having Tales of Graces, Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Xillia save data. The Tales of Graces message made me laugh. &#23432;&#12427;&#24375;&#12373;&#12434;&#30693;&#12427;&#12354;&#12394;&#12383;&#12395;&#12399;&#12484;&#12452;&#12531;&#12486;&#12540;&#12523;&#23064;&#12398;&#12450;&#12483;&#12479;&#12481;&#12513;&#12531;&#12488;&#12434;&#12503;&#12524;&#12476;&#12531;&#12488;&#65281;

D'oh! My game and its bonuses arrived in my country 5 hours ago. Since there's no post tomorrow and obviously not Sunday...I'll only be able to get it by Monday. They're teasing me!

Aeana

Dialog choices in skits, really? :
And the choices weren't even good. There was no "smack Jude in the face" option in the first skit, just telling him a lie or ignoring him. :

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Jellis of all of yooooouuuuuuuuuuu

Is there anything like
Aifread's treasures or the Orb sidequest
in this game?

the bland field maps are back with a vengeance :(
Aren't they the same field maps as the last game for the most part? I think some of the stuff are in the same locations, even.

I think this is a new one, though: http://i.imgur.com/0Dkn5.jpg

I can see the field of emptiness

why namco why

Is the lag from when lots of casting happens / lots of enemies/allies on the screen still there, or is that too early in?

My copy ..skipped over my island ( WTF )

look like i'm set for tuesday ( those planes ...really should work differently )
It's just like how my packages go around the entire United States before getting to Mississauga and then to me. I've had a package wind up in Alaska for no reason.

Rpgmonkey

Are tenere many tales of for ps3? If ps4 has backward compatibility ill probably get that and buy the tales. Fell in love with Vesperia but since I only own a 360 I don't see how I can play all those awesome games :(

So far there's four Tales games on the PS3: Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia, and Xillia 2.

Just got a bunch of attachments for having Tales of Graces, Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Xillia save data. The Tales of Graces message made me laugh. &#23432;&#12427;&#24375;&#12373;&#12434;&#30693;&#12427;&#12354;&#12394;&#12383;&#12395;&#12399;&#12484;&#12452;&#12531;&#12486;&#12540;&#12523;&#23064;&#12398;&#12450;&#12483;&#12479;&#12481;&#12513;&#12531;&#12488;&#12434;&#12503;&#12524;&#12476;&#12531;&#12488;&#65281;

Do you have the Japanese version of Grces f or did they give you that for the English version?

Top Bottom