• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Am I right in that it can actually be counter-productive to try and get ahead on your debt, because no matter how far ahead you are you still have to make one more payment at the points where the plot says "make a payment on your debt"?

Or is it that the plot gates always open up at specific amounts of remaining debt, and the payment amount when you hit the gates reflects that?

Seda

Am I right in that it can actually be counter-productive to try and get ahead on your debt, because no matter how far ahead you are you still have to make one more payment at the points where the plot says "make a payment on your debt"?

This is correct, but at the same time you don't want to horde too much glad in your wallet else you'll face endless phone calls.

PKrockin

I really want to, but the definitive version never got localized if I remember right. I suppose I can go grab the 360 version if the PS3 version is never getting brought over.
Counterpoint: Patty is an annoying loli awkwardly shoved into the story and the graphics are worse.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ah man that Leia chapter 2

Agria friendship being crushed like that :(

Eusis

Counterpoint: Patty is an annoying loli awkwardly shoved into the story and the graphics are worse.

More framerate issues and longer load times as well.
The lesson to take from this is that at this point you may as well just hope the game gets ported to PS4 or something, because you'll probably get to eat your cake and have it too, and it's more likely to happen.

Though it also depends on those frame rate issues. Did battles go to 30 fps? Or did it just not hold 30/60 as well as it could before? The former, well, we saw Symphonia, but the latter should mean more power means things will go OK. They could probably even make it a PS3(/360) collection with Vesperia/Xillia/Xillia 2.

ohlawd

Holy change of opinion, batman!

yeah I'm pretty shallow tbh. I can usually find a couple good things of varying importance in games that makes me "pass" it so to speak. Unless u no, a game is so shit I find it unredeemable. Xillia 2 (and 1) fall in the former.

damn ohlawd is already at Muzet, gotta pick up the pace
people have already beat the game tho

and yo I went waaaay overboard with the estimated time to finish. I'm ashamed.

Persona7

Banned
I really want to, but the definitive version never got localized if I remember right. I suppose I can go grab the 360 version if the PS3 version is never getting brought over.

The 360 version is still really good and despite what anyone would say it is complete in its own. The 360 version also runs at a higher resolution and has less technical issues.

Has anyone formed a opinion on the Xillia 2 guide yet? I see it is 24 dollars on amazon.

Verder

Man what the hell...
chapter 15 when the anime cutscene comes in and then after you gain control again and read the journal for that chapter... FUCKING MAN TEARS

demonkaze

So I've been wondering something about kitty dispatch. I've read in the guide that the last ??? Will always be a weapon or attachment at near 100% probability but no matter how many times I send the cats (at 18) at the moment, it always fails to get it. I must have sent them out more than 20 times now and still no luck, what am I doing wrong?

MSMrRound

What am I doing wrong?

Need more cats. Also, you can rig the in-game system time on your PS3 so that you can the better daily bonuses for kitty dispatch e.g Bonus from a particular area etc.

Also,
Bvs81zbCIAE6g9x.png

I love how meta Tales Of games can be.

ohlawd

bad ending is wow

the blood on Ludger's face. how awful. I'm just gonna pretend I never saw this.

Milla's fourth episode is the best thing ever.
that one surprised me. very good too

sandfox, we should direct tether more. don't leave me for another poster

Eusis

Is me or the final battle 60fps or somewhere near it? The battle is just so smooth compared to the fights before it.
Pretty sure all native versions of Tales games have 60 fps battles (by this I mean GC Symphonia and PS2 Abyss, not their PS2/PS3/3DS ports.) Maybe something in the effects just makes it look smoother?

Xenoflare

Also... Xillia 2 has some similarities with FF XIII-2...
from the time space travel, solving anomalies (paradoxes and divergence catalysts) episodic chapters and that magenta color scheme

However I do think that Xillia 2's story and characters are way ahead of XIII-2.

Xenoflare

So does Milla still have a lisp in this?

Nope, not at all, her voice is properly recorded this time, her quality is on par of everyone else's. Plus there is an overall improvement in audio quality for the voices. That lisp was caused by a bad mic or bad post processing that made all of her s sounds like lisps.

Her English VA did a decent job.

Sandfox

Well I just finished the game and while I would've liked a bit more closure, the ending was really good. I honestly enjoyed the story of this game more than the one in the original Xillia.

FireCloud

My wife is fighting against Ivar with the hammer, but it is only doing 1 one point damage, per hit and they are power hits. Is this a glitch or something? Anyone have the same problem?

Did you ever figure this out?

If not, it may be that your wife has Luger equipped with the Minimal Damage skill. I've never used it but apparently it allows you to get some of the larger hit combos or artes chains without wiping out the opponent before you get there. You might want to see if your wife has that skill selected.

I made short work of Ivar with the hammer. It was very satisfying as he was such a pain in Xillia 1.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw that someone else had answered you last night. Don't know how I missed that.

Taruranto

How are you guys developing your Ludger?

I really like guns so I'm tempted to focus on them and leave hammer/swords behind, but I'm not sure it's going to be a good idea in the long run.

kewlmyc

I really like guns so I'm tempted to focus on them and leave hammer/swords behind, but I'm not sure it's going to be a good idea in the long run.

Alternating between all of them. Trying to be as "Dante" as I can.

Mohasus

It isn't like you can choose how to develop him, except for allium orb but it'll develop all weapons.

I changed between sword (good linked artes with Milla) and hammer (good with Elize <3) mostly, guns don't do much damage. Later the kind of weapon won't matter, just the element of artes.

R0ckman

Is the game set to only give you rare items with the cats at a certain point? I had been obsessively sending out the cats at a bit over 30 for up until Chapter 6-7, no rare items. All of a sudden I'm getting them all with ease.

Also, Elle is the most annoying character I've ever seen in a game in a while. Why the hell is she in the battle quotes and in the fights? Maybe its the localization and the voice actor? Was she this bad in the Japanese version?

Ultimadrago

Nope, not at all, her voice is properly recorded this time, her quality is on par of everyone else's. Plus there is an overall improvement in audio quality for the voices. That lisp was caused by a bad mic or bad post processing that made all of her s sounds like lisps.

Her English VA did a decent job.

I'm happy to hear this.

aravuus

Also, Elle is the most annoying character I've ever seen in a game in a while. Why the hell is she in the battle quotes and in the fights? Maybe its the localization and the voice actor? Was she this bad in the Japanese version?

I like Elle which is the weirdest thing ever cause I almost always hate child characters, especially in Japanese games

Also I'm loving the mysterious story

Top Bottom