• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Does
vera become less cheerful depending on what you say to her? Or is it just part of the story? Cause I told her off after killing victor and I'm feeling kind of shitty since she seems really sad when asking for the debt payments.

Bladenic

Does
vera become less cheerful depending on what you say to her? Or is it just part of the story? Cause I told her off after killing victor and I'm feeling kind of shitty since she seems really sad when asking for the debt payments.

you did the right thing. she deserved it.

Vylash

Does

i think you mean nova, and yeah she gets sadder and feels awful about having to pester you about payments, i didn't tell her off and she's sad on my end too

you did the right thing. she deserved it.
she's just doing her job :(

FSLink

Banned
Is the PS3 Dynamic theme from the Collector's guide the same from the Collector's Edition? Looks the same from the preview picture except the icons but not sure if it's just a bad imag or something.

Also when I redeemed my guide on the website they gave me 2 Dynamic theme codes. o__O

ohlawd

Does
Debt payment > Victor

that dude is a piece of shit

Bladenic

Is the PS3 Dynamic theme from the Collector's guide the same from the Collector's Edition? Looks the same from the preview picture except the icons but not sure if it's just a bad imag or something.

Also when I redeemed my guide on the website they gave me 2 Dynamic theme codes. o__O

ill take it off your hands

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
About to reach act 3 in xillia 1. Loving the game.

Bit disappointed this sequel features time travel. I assume it's better handled than FFXIII-2, but does it feel like some fanfic expanded fiction or a real continuation of xillia 1? Don't spoil since I'm still playing the first game.

RangerBAD

Actually they raised the cap so its level 200 now.

---------------------------------------------

So I got my guide today and I was wondering is the theme DLC that comes with it the same as the theme DLC that came with the CE?

Oh shit. Well, my bad to the person who asked. lol I don't know if I'll be able to max out everyone this time around.

Yeah, I was wondering about that since the image of the theme on the guide looks the same as the one I got from the CE (and the one I got from my first print of my Japanese copy).

Oh shit. Well, my bad to the person who asked. lol I don't know if I'll be able to max out everyone this time around.

At least this time, your skills and such aren't limited by what level you are.

Bladenic

About to reach act 3 in xillia 1. Loving the game.

Bit disappointed this sequel features time travel. I assume it's better handled than FFXIII-2, but does it feel like some fanfic expanded fiction or a real continuation of xillia 1? Don't spoil since I'm still playing the first game.

It is a continuation in some aspects story-wise, while definitely character wise. However, the main plot is definitely left field and not at all in sync with the world established in Xillia.

FSLink

Banned
Oh neat, Milla can get those "light" attacks that she gets before she gets powered down after the intro of Xillia 1. It's an equippable skill. This should have been in the first game (could be said about a lot of things in Xillia 2, lol)

RangerBAD

Yeah, I was wondering about that since the image of the theme on the guide looks the same as the one I got from the CE (and the one I got from my first print of my Japanese copy).

At least this time, your skills and such aren't limited by what level you are.

That's true.

Xenoflare

Oh neat, Milla can get those "light" attacks that she gets before she gets powered down after the intro of Xillia 1. It's an equippable skill. This should have been in the first game (could be said about a lot of things in Xillia 2, lol)

I thought this was available in the first game no?

I thought this was available in the first game no?

She only gets it for like one small part of the beginning of the game before the plot takes it away from her.

Truth be told, I preferred her sword fighting style than the spirits one. The spirits one feels too slow.

Eusis

It is a continuation in some aspects story-wise, while definitely character wise. However, the main plot is definitely left field and not at all in sync with the world established in Xillia.
I guess it's half way between continuation and "we wanted this to be the basis of a whole new Tales of game"? Unless some twists in the end cement it as a more solid continuation anyway.

Xenoflare

She only gets it for like one small part of the beginning of the game before the plot takes it away from her.

Truth be told, I preferred her sword fighting style than the spirits one. The spirits one feels too slow.

Huh, I thought there was a tome that teaches Milla that in Xillia 1.

Although she's really, really slow when she uses it.

Stuart444

Chapter 12.
Holy fucking shit.

This game man... Damn.

I know man, I know. :(

I've just finished Chapter 15, took care of all the Elite Monsters available up until this point. All character chapters done, bad end gotten.

Now only thing to do tomorrow is to get the Canon/the not so canon ends and then get to grinding on the debt.

I'm so glad I resisted playing the JP version while waiting impatiently for this one. Having not played it in so long, I have not been able to put the ENG version down.

Also <3 Elle, even in English, her voice is great.

I know man, I know. :(

I've just finished Chapter 15, took care of all the Elite Monsters available up until this point. All character chapters done, bad end gotten.

Now only thing to do tomorrow is to get the Canon/the not so canon ends and then get to grinding on the debt.

I'm so glad I resisted playing the JP version while waiting impatiently for this one. Having not played it in so long, I have not been able to put the ENG version down.

Also <3 Elle, even in English, her voice is great.

Man this is like, Danganronpa stuff here. Despair, despair, despair lol, love the darkness around this game really, pretty heavy stuff.

Without spoilers, is the bad ending route an evident choice? Meaning will I know when I see it? I really don't want to have to start the game all over again to see the good ending /:

yup, i still haven't recovered
that scene where elle's trying to eat and she bursts into tears, i lost it

Seriously this game is exceeding my expectations all around story wise. Gameplay wise, it's starting to get a bit monotonous, and the debt grind is a chore for me. But it's okay, I'm rewarded with brilliant story telling.

I'm going to start chapter 9 now.

I take it from the reactions that chapter 12 is some kind of dark turn in the story?

I would arguably say it took the prize for chapter of the year for me. I was like this :O all along. Could never see this stuff coming, for real lol.

Pics_nao

Still surprised I beat the game clocked in at 37:02. That with doing all the character quests, a bit of grinding, a bit of exploring and questing along with about 45 minutes of idle time. Good lord this game is short

Stuart444

Man this is like, Danganronpa stuff here. Despair, despair, despair lol, love the darkness around this game really, pretty heavy stuff.

Without spoilers, is the bad ending route an evident choice? Meaning will I know when I see it? I really don't want to have to start the game all over again to see the good ending /:

VERY obvious. Chapter 15. The only missable ending and also very obvious. (hint, R, always R choices for it)

You'll also get a save afterwards that puts you just before it to continue past it without having to go to NG+ or anything.

Be warned, it's a tough fight, I recommend custom-making 15 revival dolls. I only had to use 3 or 4 but it helped. Also 15 of each heal item.

VERY obvious. Chapter 15. The only missable ending and also very obvious. (hint, R, always R choices for it)

You'll also get a save afterwards that puts you just before it to continue past it without having to go to NG+ or anything.

Be warned, it's a tough fight, I recommend custom-making 15 revival dolls. I only had to use 3 or 4 but it helped. Also 15 of each heal item.

So this hint (always R) and recommendation at the end is for the BAD ending correct?

Stuart444

Where is the location for the
elite monster that has "???" for it's location?

That's the Siennabronc yeah? (or whatever it's name is, Sienna something)

It spawns in several places. I forget exactly where but I got it in the floor plains. I went between 2 different areas (right area of map (when your map is open with square), and ran between the north east and south east (south east being the place it would spawn) until I saw what was an obvious elite monster.

Saying this from memory but I'm pretty sure this is correct. Just keep going between these two areas until it spawns.

Be warned, it's a tough monster, you'll get destroyed if you go to face it as soon as it appears on the elite monster list.

Xenoflare

It spawns in several places. I forget exactly where but I got it in the floor plains. I went between 2 different areas (right area of map (when your map is open with square), and ran between the north east and south east (south east being the place it would spawn) until I saw what was an obvious elite monster.

Saying this from memory but I'm pretty sure this is correct. Just keep going between these two areas until it spawns.

Be warned, it's a tough monster, you'll get destroyed if you go to face it as soon as it appears on the elite monster list.

I think this is going to be the last one, since I beat 2 others with the reward being 150,000 and 175,000 respectively, and since the reward for the unknown one is also 175,000, I don't think it would be THAT hard.

Stuart444

I think this is going to be the last one, since I beat 2 others with the reward being 150,000 and 175,000 respectively, and since the reward for the unknown one is also 175,000, I don't think it would be THAT hard.

You on a later chapter/high levelish? Since like I said,
taking it on when it FIRST appears is a bad idea. Later on, not so much.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah, I finished chapter 14

I don't know if you need to spoiler elite monsters, especially one that shows up so early but it's level 60 so it's a pretty rough fight if you're not around that level. I almost beat it when I was level 45 but I got unlucky and AI pals decided to group during it's whirlwind and that was the end of that.

Stuart444

Yeah, I finished chapter 14

Ah, you'll be fine then. It should be pretty quick to find. I originally tried to find him by doing what I said above but on the wrong side (left side of the map). Tried that for 15 - 20 minutes before I realized "maybe I picked the wrong side here" lol. Found it in 2 minutes doing it on the right side.

kewlmyc

Just finished Chapter 11.

Rj7YJw7.jpg

Akibared

Oh god all this sadness from you guys has me excited to play more! I'm playing super slow I think I'm about to hit chapter 6.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna stop playing for today since it's already midnight, but I'm now paying my debt right before chapter 13 so I'm almost there. The goal is to see this game to the end before Danganronpa 2 drops, at this pace it will be done soon.

That's my goal but I don't know if I can do it with Metro Redux, Neptunia, and Walking Dead coming out today. ;_;

Xenoflare

I FUCKING MISSED IT, DAMN MUSCLE MEMORY, IT WAS RIGHT THERE AND I WENT BACK AND IT WAS GONE

Edit: Finally cleared it.

Taruranto

Yeah, finally got the full party. Time to do dem sub-quests.

Looks like I'm using Ludger/Gaiuss/Muzet/Elize

Wanted to use Alvin instead of the little girl, but I dunno if I can survive this game without her heal-spamming me.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Been playing this for a while, and though I'm enjoying the story more than I did Xillia 1's, exploring some of the same areas over and over again
in both the real world and the alternate dimensions
is starting to wear me out, especially since the vast majority of the locations I've been to are lifted straight from Xillia 1 with no changes at all.

I'm going to keep pressing on, though. Hopefully I start seeing more new areas soon.

Helloween

Got to chapter 8 last night, around 13 hours. Loving this game so much. Skits are as amazing as always :D

Oh i also got lucky, won the twitter compo from Namco, got me a signed Tales of Xillia 2 shirt :D

Top Bottom