• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Datschge

Yeah, I think from Abyss onwards they were pretty much THE go to people for Tales localizations. Phantasia GBA aside, unfortunately.
They also did Symphonia, that was even before they formed 8-4 and is likely the reason why they are called up for localizing Tales games all the time. Same with Cup of Tea Productions for voice acting.

they didn't localized every tales of game but most of them, yes. still I thought that it wasn't them this time since I heard nothing about it and I didn't find their name anywhere.
Bn7BEYB.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6fwe9O8uI#t=569

They only weren't involved in ToP GBA as that was handled by Namco Japan, not Namco Hometek.

(In other news the former Tales Studio staff at Bandai Namco Studios seems to have stabilized at 80 persons. With the localized Xillia 2 there was only one more confirmed leaving.)

I'm not sure how it is late-game but when the "next payment" isn't huge, the lady calls you a LOT, like, every time you hit X gald (today for me it was 40k), which happens a lot unless you spend money even when you don't need to.
It has been suggested several times in this thread before, the best way to go about it is keeping yourself low on gald and only do the fights that earn you lots of money once when wanting to proceed with the chapters. Of course if one isn't going to play along with it it will be hugely annoying, that's a given with this kind of setup.

Protag

Banned
Can someone tell me what happened?

One minute the camera is followin jude, the next its zoomed out showing the entire party overhead from afar.

How do i get it to follow a character again?

Edit: theres also a 4p and 1p over monsters heads, and elize just stands there.

I hit something

demidar

Can someone tell me what happened?

One minute the camera is followin jude, the next its zoomed out showing the entire party overhead from afar.

How do i get it to follow a character again?

Edit: theres also a 4p and 1p over monsters heads, and elize just stands there.

I hit something

You might've changed them to Manual control in the Artes menu (it's for multiplayer) and that's also why it zoomed out. Change them back to Auto control for AI.

Finalow

They also did Symphonia, that was even before they formed 8-4 and is likely the reason why they are called up for localizing Tales games all the time. Same with Cup of Tea Productions for voice acting.
yes, they're in the credits after all, my bad. somehow I was expecting them to mention the game or something.

It has been suggested several times in this thread before, the best way to go about it is keeping yourself low on gald and only do the fights that earn you lots of money once when wanting to proceed with the chapters. Of course if one isn't going to play along with it it will be hugely annoying, that's a given with this kind of setup.
I got that, but as I wrote that doesn't work too well early game. besides, you have to waste money or whatever to avoid Nora. if you keep low on gald you're basically forced to kill giant monsters, or finish quests (which usually aren't enough) or just grind in order to progress.
to me that's not a good system to make the player progress, at all. it's actually pretty awful, whether you can avoid her calling you every 2 fights or not.

"Hey boss listen to this sound clip of a man yelling 'Fresh Mutton'"

"Oh wow, that's great! Let's put it in every part of the game we possibly can!"

Eusis

I kind of suspected that as the quality seems consistent between all installments, though maybe a good localization combined with being Tales would guarantee that feel.

demidar

I kind of suspected that as the quality seems consistent between all installments, though maybe a good localization combined with being Tales would guarantee that feel.

All I know is 8-4 does good work no matter what game they're localizing.

Zafir

"Hey boss listen to this sound clip of a man yelling 'Fresh Mutton'"

"Oh wow, that's great! Let's put it in every part of the game we possibly can!"
Lol. To be fair though, I don't think any of the towns are as bad as Sharilton for it. Everywhere else you don't really stand around stands enough to hear it. It's impossible not to in the market area of Sharilton though. :I

ohlawd

I didn't mind the mutton guy until this thread

don't even remember him from the first game. that's how insignificant he was to me until GAF came from above with a flashlight to lead me to the dark world of fresh mutton

Hugstable

Banned
I didn't mind the mutton guy until this thread

don't even remember him from the first game. that's how insignificant he was to me until GAF came from above with a flashlight to lead me to the dark world of fresh mutton

Wait wut!? How could you not notice him in Xillia 1! He's shouting all over the damn place in many towns! "MUTTTON FRESH MUTTTON"

ohlawd

Wait wut!? How could you not notice him in Xillia 1! He's shouting all over the damn place in many towns! "MUTTTON FRESH MUTTTON"

I am not joking. Don't remember him at all.

Look guys, I believe you. He was in the first game and I could whip out a YouTube vid to confirm it for myself faster than you can gorge a bag of Maltesers.

ohlawd

I will not stand for this Star Ocean 4 bashing

haven't actually played it yet, probably never. My only experience with SO are 1 and 3. I have 2 rotting somewhere.

ohlawd

yeah I'm aware the game is special.

how can it not be? aside from FFXIII, I see SO4 propped up a lot as the savior of modern JRPGs.

I might actually like it though. FFXIII gets slammed to bits and that game just might be my favorite JRPG last gen behind Xenoblade.

Zafir

yeah I'm aware the game is special.

how can it not be? aside from FFXIII, I see SO4 propped up a lot as the savior of modern JRPGs.

I might actually like it though. FFXIII gets slammed to bits and that game just might be my favorite JRPG last gen behind Xenoblade.
Funnily enough, I completed Star Ocean 4 just before XIII came out. I liked XIII, and I still consider Star Ocean 4 to be awful. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I didn't realize how much the framerate tanks in marksburg until I was doing a character story for Elize. Holy shit, that middle area.

ohlawd

Funnily enough, I completed Star Ocean 4 just before XIII came out. I liked XIII, and I still consider Star Ocean 4 to be awful. :p

I lied. I totally forgot about Atelier Rorona Plus, Totori, Meruru and Escha & Logy and a bunch of PSP/DS games

my opinions don't follow typical GAF trends anyway. SO4 and I might get along after all.

Hugstable

Banned
I lied. I totally forgot about Atelier Rorona Plus, Totori, Meruru and Escha & Logy and a bunch of PSP/DS games

my opinions don't follow typical GAF trends anyway. SO4 and I might get along after all.

I mean it's definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and the battle system is still fun as is every Star Ocean, but some of the voice acting, in particular Lymie, is just sooo bad. And I'm finding Totori alot of fun so far! Final Fantasy XIII is nowhere near as bad as the hate would have you believe either, but I still don't rank it very highly for FF games. I stayed away from the sequels which is probably a good thing. I can't wait for Zestria though, the combat system looked a bit like the Graces system which I liked alot. Haven't kept up with alot of the new info, but I'm still pretty hyped.

Eusis

Eh, game probably isn't expensive if you hunt it down, and the gameplay is generally liked as I recall so it's not as if we're talking about some Hit Maker garbage here or something. It's mainly the story and the cutscenes that are, uhh... the game is considerate enough to give summaries if you skip cutscenes, and on PS3 you can choose Japanese VA to soften the blow some!

ohlawd

I mean it's definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and the battle system is still fun as is every Star Ocean, but some of the voice acting, in particular Lymie, is just sooo bad. And I'm finding Totori alot of fun so far! Final Fantasy XIII is nowhere near as bad as the hate would have you believe either, but I still don't rank it very highly for FF games. I stayed away from the sequels which is probably a good thing. I can't wait for Zestria though, the combat system looked a bit like the Graces system which I liked alot. Haven't kept up with alot of the new info, but I'm still pretty hyped.

yeah no Graces F like combat is a no go for me. Still gonna get it because I'm on Baba's nuts.

I absolutely hate that I'm such a glutton; always buying games I'm guaranteed to hate. I know you're looking forward to Danganronpa 2. Got the LE coming in two weeks time. You uhhh shouldn't dig around any posts I've made concerning that series.

Eh, game probably isn't expensive if you hunt it down, and the gameplay is generally liked as I recall so it's not as if we're talking about some Hit Maker garbage here or something. It's mainly the story and the cutscenes that are, uhh... the game is considerate enough to give summaries if you skip cutscenes, and on PS3 you can choose Japanese VA to soften the blow some!
a quick trip to EB will alleviate that.

I refuse to play with JP dub. The default is ENG so I'll run that :x

Cess007

I've just started today the game and i't terrible confused with the first chapter, but the story seems interesting. However, Elle's voice is awful, just awful; i don't know how they manage it to make it so bad.

FSLink

Banned
I've just started today the game and i't terrible confused with the first chapter, but the story seems interesting. However, Elle's voice is awful, just awful; i don't know how they manage it to make it so bad.

I just beat the game today and I feel Elle's voice is spot on. Her voice is annoying and kid-like but it fits her character very well, and it grows on you, or at least it did for me. I like it better than her JPN voice at least.

RalchAC

My game arrived yesterday! I've just finished chapter 5 and I'm doing some character chapters. I don't mind the debt thing at all right now. I just take some killing quests for wherever in headed, explore the areas and keep most materials for completing stuff. And those elite monsters are really useful for getting big amounts of money.

I still haven't noticed him after 2 games.

I didn't notice it either. Now I'm afraid I won't be able to unhear it

Finalow

I can see why that'd annoy people. Maybe it's because I play with headphones and take them off when idling that I didn't notice it? I don't spend a ton of time standing around in town to hear that.
it's hard to notice that there. in Sharilton, especially in the first game, the guy was pretty loud and you had to go there a lot for quests and whatnot.
I didn't notice him the first 2-3 times though, I usually don't pay attention to those voices.

Been playing this so much.

I have... 5 copies of the game.. now.

The Japanese version. An American copy. Two American Collector's Editions. And one European Day One Edition.

I love Tales so much. It's my most favourite Japanese RPG series ever.

demidar

The Japanese version. An American copy. Two American Collector's Editions. And one European Day One Edition.

Jesus. The most I have is 3 copies of Vesperia, a JP version, a NA version and a Pal version.

Why 3 American editions? I can see two collector's, one to keep sealed, one to open, but what's the other for?

PKrockin

Elle has the voice of a female 10 years (?) old kid, it's pretty ok to be honest. I think that they did a good job with the character, and Rollo.

fresh mutton is not just in Sharilton.

FRESH MUTTON in every ToZ market, that's what I expect.
Damn you for linking this. Now that PRICES SO LOW YOU WON'T EVEN TRY TO HAGGLE and JUST GOT A NEW SHIPMENT guy is going to stick out like a sore thumb from now on too.

Everyone talks about MUTTON FRESH MUTTON but am I the only one who hears the MOMMY MOMMY I WANT... immediately afterward? It's more annoying than mutton man IMO.

PKrockin

Elle's voice is amazingly well done imo.

The "can't buy anywhere else" guy totally phoned in his performance
I thought I would loathe Elle but she's growing on me. Her voice actually seems good too.

I could do without the whole TRY STRIKING IT IT DOESN'T LIKE LIGHT TRY SHOOTING IT all the time though.

demidar

I thought I would loathe Elle but she's growing on me. Her voice actually seems good too.

I could do without the whole TRY STRIKING IT IT DOESN'T LIKE LIGHT TRY SHOOTING IT all the time though.

Elle's voice is perfect for her character, shrill and uneven.

kewlmyc

I can't seem to get Power Charge 2 or 3 to work, or I don't understand them. You hold down guard and Power Charge 2 flashes blue while Power Charge 3 flashes purple. The next is is supposed to stun your opponent or count as a power hit, but it never seems to. I have both equipped. Is that the reason why it isn't working, am I supposed to only have one of them equipped? Is stun the same as dizzy?

SaintZ

I'm in Episode 15 right now doing all the side quests and stuff.

The humor in this game is amazing. First that Jude episode
with Aska. What the hell?

And basically, everything related to Muzét. She's a damn mess lmao.

aravuus

There's a star next to the amount of lightning element points I have but there aren't any next to the other elements, and those also still have those little beams coming from the center of the allium orb. There aren't any skills/artes listed on the left side, but I assume this means I still have things to get from all the other elements?

There's a star next to the amount of lightning element points I have but there aren't any next to the other elements, and those also still have those little beams coming from the center of the allium orb. There aren't any skills/artes listed on the left side, but I assume this means I still have things to get from all the other elements?

You learned all the skills for the lightning element.

And yes, you still have other things left to learn for the other elements then.

Finalow

nice, that's quite a dedication.

Top Bottom