• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

MechaX

So I just finished Chapter 4 I think and beat
Volt
on Moderate.

Uh... was he supposed to be that difficult?
Respawning enemies that combo-locked people when he already had an AOE that can stun the entire group, plus launching energy orbs that your AI party members will just run face first into.
It's like the guy who made the most frustrating bosses in Graces f snuck in and did this one.

God, that boss battle put me in such a bad mood that I'll just play more of it later after doing something else.

Finalow

does anyone have a link to a complete and decent walkthrough? The ones on gamefaqs aren't complete yet.
I'm using it mainly for getting all the cats and the right answers (which, in some cases, aren't obvious at all) in order to max affinity without griding it late game with poker or whatever you use.

also, another quick question, does the AI use mystic artes in this game? I wonder if it's a waste to activate the "special skill" on each character.

also, another quick question, does the AI use mystic artes in this game? I wonder if it's a waste to activate the "special skill" on each character.

I don't think the friendly AI has ever used mystic arts. I leave it on because I like to switch between characters every so often.

Peff

Volt
on Moderate.

Respawning enemies that combo-locked people when he already had an AOE that can stun the entire group, plus launching energy orbs that your AI party members will just run face first into.
It's like the guy who made the most frustrating bosses in Graces f snuck in and did this one.

God, that boss battle put me in such a bad mood that I'll just play more of it later after doing something else.

Yes. This game went the extra mile as far as typical boss bullshit goes and there are two/three bosses who can kill at any time on moderate/hard should they choose to do so. So either lower the difficulty or soldier on by trying to abuse weaknesses until the AI decides to let you win.

Mayzism

Neo Member
Ok, so
I chose to save the fractured dimensions, and was going to sacrifice myself but when questioned I said I really didn't want to disappear and Elle sacrificed herself without Ludger's choice. Then Mel Marta or whatever her name was come to his office, since he is now the president and she of course is Elle's mom. He cried because he knew.

Mayzism

Neo Member
You still have to pay it back, but it's at your own pace now. Nova won't bug you about it anymore. It's worth doing for the skill books and stuff you get as rewards...the reward for paying off the debt is terrible though IMO.

Ok I see, you have to talk to her again.

Mayzism

Neo Member
I saved the part before choosing to kill my brother. Anyone defeat milla and them when they decided to not kill his brother to see what happened? I think I may do that.

Finalow

done with chapter 10, impressed by the dungeon since so far they were all crap and recycled (yes, I'm doing most of the optional dungeons) from the first game. that was pretty good.

but, as far as the story goes, the whole
ancient civilization thing
is super clichéd and doesn't sound promising at all.

Cess007

I just beat the game today and I feel Elle's voice is spot on. Her voice is annoying and kid-like but it fits her character very well, and it grows on you, or at least it did for me. I like it better than her JPN voice at least.

It seems that Elle is an acquired taste. I hate it on the first two chapters, but right now it doesn't seems so bad anymore. I'm like at chapter 4, but her voice in her skits and cutscenes either got better or i'm getting used at it.

Anyway, it seems that i will get addicted to those hunt jobs, i haven't gotten anywhere trying to complete as much as i can!

but, as far as the story goes, the whole
ancient civilization thing
is super clichéd and doesn't sound promising at all.

That is only really used in that chapter. I'm actually impressed with this Tales' story than I have been with any other Tales games.

yami4ct

Volt
on Moderate.

Yeah, that boss was terrible. I partially assumed that going that route first instead of
Marksburg
might have made it harder for me, but even then it was harder than it needed to be. It definitely seems to exist to really force you to learn how to use the weakness system, but even then it's a bit too unforgiving. Bit of a tip to those who are having trouble, get Variable Trigger on
Alvin
and Rapid Burst on Ludger. The combo that results makes it a cakewalk. Bullshit without it, though.

Zafir

Yeah, that boss was terrible. I partially assumed that going that route first instead of
Marksburg
might have made it harder for me, but even then it was harder than it needed to be. It definitely seems to exist to really force you to learn how to use the weakness system, but even then it's a bit too unforgiving. Bit of a tip to those who are having trouble, get Variable Trigger on
Alvin
and Rapid Burst on Ludger. The combo that results makes it a cakewalk. Bullshit without it, though.
Yeah same. I also ended up using guns for it. He seems to stop using the silly bounce attack when you're at ranged making it way way easier to deal with.

Xenoflare

I still don't mind the mutton guy.

I do mind the "how have you been" and "Is it pretty(?)" voiced by Yuri Lowenthal and Cristina Vee.

whoever made the second elite monster for Xillia 2 needs to be stoned to death
seriously how the hell do i kill this guy

anyone have an reccomended strategy settings?

demidar

im not grinding 6kgald just to progress the story so give me a cheese strategy or something

Jump up and attack his head? I think that knocks him down and gives him every weakness. Other than that there's not much to do because spreading out only marginally helps since the boss has obscene attack range.

git gud

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just beat chapter 11, story is actually getting pretty interesting, and I already know I'm in for a doozy seeing how much 12 has been mentioned.

Jump up and attack his head? I think that knocks him down and gives him every weakness. Other than that there's not much to do because spreading out only marginally helps since the boss has obscene attack range.

git gud

i magically got good
but mainly i got pissed and went full ham on his ass spamming non phy artes and links

demidar

I've recently unlocked Gaius full-time and I've been playing him exclusively (though it sucks that you can't trigger Chromatus while controlling another character, you gotta switch to Ludger and then trigger it). He's so awesome, he gets about 10-16 normal attacks if you use the Basic Combo skill well, but I feel like they didn't spend a lot of time on his animations, they look a tad stiff.

I just finished Chapter 12.

That was really intense, especially following right after Chapter 11. Those two chapters were both incredibly well done and I'm really not sure where the story is going from here. Also while I generally prefer the first game's battle music, I have to say Victor's theme was pretty awesome.

Daouzin

The bosses in Xillia 2 is a definite step up from the first. And its nice how every arte can be chained now.

Awesome. I'm playing the first and I can't ever recall what arte's I can chain with each character. Doesn't help that I like to change my party regularly and often.

demidar

Awesome. I'm playing the first and I can't ever recall what arte's I can chain with each character. Doesn't help that I like to change my party regularly and often.

You can bring up the available linked artes while in overlimit since you can bring up the Artes menu at anytime (even midway through your current linked arte) and press R2 to see who and what you can link with, though it is a subpar solution.

Quick question: I did a quick scan of the first and last page, but don't want to read too much to avoid spoilers. In any case, the question is this: What are the save data bonuses for Xillia data? And if it involves clearing both Milla and Jude's stories from the first game, can you acquire those same bonuses through other means in the future? I've only cleared Jude's story in X1, but would like to start X2 without being too worried about missing out on stuff.

Quick question: I did a quick scan of the first and last page, but don't want to read too much to avoid spoilers. In any case, the question is this: What are the save data bonuses for Xillia data? And if it involves clearing both Milla and Jude's stories from the first game, can you acquire those same bonuses through other means in the future? I've only cleared Jude's story in X1, but would like to start X2 without being too worried about missing out on stuff.

You only get doll attachments, and to be honest, they aren't worth fretting over.

Soriku

git gud

Does he spawn an infinite amount of the small butterflies?

FSLink

Banned

You don't have to clear both Jude and Milla's paths for both attachments.

Just requires save data.

UGH this is the 3rd time I've found a Bronze Bacura (last Bacura quest I need) and it runs near a loading zone and I end up running into the next area. -____-

EDIT: Got it this time. That was annoying.

FSLink

Banned
This game really seems to be pushing the Leia/Alvin angle hard.

They just seem like friends to me

Just got the debt completion ending. I heard what it was and saw the JPN version on Youtube but seeing it for myself is something else. That was entirely pointless, haha. At least I got tons of cool rewards up until this point.

Finalow

That is only really used in that chapter. I'm actually impressed with this Tales' story than I have been with any other Tales games.
oh, not much of a problem then.
I think it's a bit too much for just one-chapter story, or maybe it was just me expecting it to have a bigger role in the plot of the game. in any case I'm glad that it's only used there.

Anyone else check out before completing it? I've just reached the bit where you can go to the abyss dungeon for the first time, and I've had very little fun with the game so far, so I've decided to call it quits. Skill system isn't as fun as the first game, the new characters aren't great and the old ones haven't gelled well. Story's very bland.

And the asset recycling, my god.

ohlawd

Anyone else check out before completing it? I've just reached the bit where you can go to the abyss dungeon for the first time, and I've had very little fun with the game so far, so I've decided to call it quits. Skill system isn't as fun as the first game, the new characters aren't great and the old ones haven't gelled well. Story's very bland.

And the asset recycling, my god.
yeah I checked out a while ago

I enjoyed the game though. Getting the reqs for the extra dungeon looked like it was gonna be a pain. Got too lazy to pay off all the debt. Battle system was OK but didn't want to put in the time for the other elites and colosseum.

Finalow

characters are much better in this game than Xillia 1, especially the ones who are in both games.

I have 88 cats out 100 and they can't still find the 5th item in any location. come the fuck on.

im not grinding 6kgald just to progress the story so give me a cheese strategy or something
the "cheese strategy" is to change the difficulty to easy. that's how you kill most of them under 2 minutes, unless you fight them when you're overlevelled.

speaking of which, the Exoplasma fight was a nice one.

Top Bottom