• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Blizzard

Banned
Clearly the admin vs. admin matches wouldn't work out since everyone would be too busy banning, kicking, freezing, beaconing, and timebombing each other to actually fight.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Blizzard said:
Clearly the admin vs. admin matches wouldn't work out since everyone would be too busy banning, kicking, freezing, beaconing, and timebombing each other to actually fight.

This is how the gods wage war. The great battle takes place not in a basin, nor a hydroelectric plant, but in a labyrinthine menu system, hidden from the view of mere mortals.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Borgnine said:
NeoGaf Jany Ass Server 5.0 | NoClydes

RED
Remy never there
Yeef wrong about everything
Blizzard rarely there
Javaman durty idlor
NerOh rarely there
ArtistDude dirty scout
n0b rarely on and doesn't honk
Doug Welder Canadian
DrKirby can't understand him
Commissar Bacon pro ping
Fallengorn likes getting sniped

BLU
Wartime ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME
Toxic Xcstacy rarely on
Twig never on
Baha Torontonian
Inkwell Cuntsman
Borgnine creepy
Speculawyer trolling prophet
Forkball loves getting sniped
Spaceboy more like spacegirl
Zerokku rarely on
Sciz SEGAIS DEAD
Clyde_barrow cuntsman?
can't change author on my phone...but my quote nonetheless

That's right, I'm looking fer abuse ya pansy admins, bring it! :mad:

n0b

Since people seem to have a real problem with heavies these days I thought I would draw up a guide for how to fight them for you guys.

2z4wow2.png

n0b

Yeef said:
I mostly agree with this. What I disagree with is the batshit insane zone note. Scouts, and pyros can win in that range ONLY is they catch him off-guard (duh) and he's not using the tomislav. It takes 3 meatshots to kill a non-damaged, non-overhealed heavy. At that range the tomislav, takes 0.8 seconds to kill a scout or a spy and about 0.9 to kill a pyro. That's assuming he's not already spun up. If he is it's 0.3 and 0.4 respectively.

That's why its the batshit insane zone. Its a toss up whether you will get the kill, but its where you have to be to efficiently get a kill on a heavy as those classes. Also, if you consider that spin up time added on to their reaction time, theres about a 50-50 chance that the pyro and scout will win, since with pyro backburner crits or scout meatshots you could get just barely enough shots off in that time.

Also I forgot to mention that a heavy at 200 health or less is going to be worthless and running for health. That's why they need medics. So kill him. You cowards.

But yeah. Heavies are weak and the only reason they seem otherwise is because you keep voting in shitty maps that make them seem stronger than they actually are.

edit: Also also, you only get those times against a good heavy Yeef. Over the entire history of tf2 gaf the only people I've ever thought were particularly good at heavy were Sciz and Giganticus. (If I am remembering correctly.) Blizzard was kind of in the middle between the good heavies and everyone else.

Boney

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
I...wat?!

I'll make sure I'm near you when it happens!
I was on GG and I was drugged and still sniped 5 people. BRING IT! :mad:

Yeef, again we'll agree to disagree.

Fact is I wouldn't get angry at heavies in that video or he class in general. Easily countered either way. I'd get angry at my doombass team for not changing classes.
don't get mad at me

:(

Sciz

The best heavy I've ever seen used the shotgun exclusively.

There were no survivors.

edit: More accurately, there were never any survivors, as this was not an isolated incident and he mopped the floor with anyone who so much as glanced in his direction on a regular basis.

Blizzard

Banned
Boney said:
So why does the server have 25 people now?

pss it's late let's play
There is a bot who likes to watch.

Also yay, I got labeled as an intermediate heavy by n0b! That's better than say, PUNCHING BACON HEAVY! For a while I pretty much stopped using the normal heavy gun, though. I figured I had to use my strange super-nerfed Natascha since people complain about heavies so much.

If this 24/7 Halloween server you recommended doesn't work JackFrost I'm going to hate you for the rest of your life. And ignore you. And find out where you live.

n0b

Blizzard said:
There is a bot who likes to watch.

Also yay, I got labeled as an intermediate heavy by n0b! That's better than say, PUNCHING BACON HEAVY! For a while I pretty much stopped using the normal heavy gun, though. I figured I had to use my strange super-nerfed Natascha since people complain about heavies so much.

punching bacon heavy is top tier

SteveWinwood said:
If this 24/7 Halloween server you recommended doesn't work JackFrost I'm going to hate you for the rest of your life. And ignore you. And find out where you live.

Me and someone else here (i believe chesskid not sure, its in thread but im not digging)did it so if it doesnt work its cause your melee skills are ASS and you have no1 to blame but yourself XD

use scout and charge in to get last hit....itll take awhile but do-able (if i did it, with a 200+ ping,anyone can do it)

JackFrost said:
Me and someone else here (i believe chesskid not sure, its in thread but im not digging)did it so if it doesnt work its cause your melee skills are ASS and you have no1 to blame but yourself XD

use scout and charge in to get last hit....itll take awhile but do-able (if i did it, with a 200+ ping,anyone can do it)
iirc it is easier to do it when on the last point when on the defending team so switch when possible to get on the red team. Also I recall I got an assist with melee and still got it even if I didnt get the final blow.

Is there an alternative to Sandboxie? I mean, it has worked great, but, I think it's the cause of my Steam issues. I kept getting, "Steam servers are too busy yadda yadda...", no matter what server I chose to download from, and no matter what game I tried to download. I had a Steam Support ticket so long, they started to ignore me. I eventually fixed it myself by uninstalling Steam (which automatically uninstalls all your games along with it), and I've had to do this twice in the last 2 months...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
SteveWinwood said:

It works. Get on red, follow him around until he stops and does his death animation, run up and start beating on him. You'll eventually get it.

Forkball

A while ago on the GAF server we played a pretty fun map that looked like this (I think it was called Zig or something):

zinkenite_promotional_01a.jpg

People seemed to like it, but it was only one stage. Well now the creator says they've updated it to three stages (and it's also called Zinkenite Valley). I remember it being fun although it was kind of a shooting gallery for snipers.

So Yeef check it out and see if it's matches the server's custom map standards set by Garbage Day and Brickyard.
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4439

Also add this map.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:
Multiple miscs (2) and loadouts (4) in the beta.
Yep. Also, Noh Mercy and Foster's Facade are Misc items.

pyroman.png

Edit: Tomislav gives heavy -50 health.

You can choice your load out right on the class select screen, though it is a bit buggy.

corn_fest

Also, they don't allow you to equip two miscs that would clip (such as badges), and the loadout selector is present on the switch class screen, so your equipped items are shown on that screen now too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:
Also, they don't allow you to equip two miscs that would clip (such as badges), and the loadout selector is present on the switch class screen, so your equipped items are shown on that screen now too.
Yep:
selectclass.png

Can Cause animation errors though. Demoman with Loch and load, he does the spin gun animation anyway, despite no barrel. Engineer with the Gunslinger just stands there.

Other weapon change, Widowmaker takes 30 metal per shot, instead of 60.

Enforcer now is a 1 Second increased cloak time, which doesn't change using the gun with the DR as far as I can see.

Yeef

A REAL beta update!!!

General:
  • Synced with all changes and fixes from the official release
  • Added support for multiple Misc slot items being equipped at the same time
  • Added support for character loadout presets

E45D57375FB6E424512537C0720F9D45F9B97F6D

ArtistDude88 said:
Is there an alternative to Sandboxie? I mean, it has worked great, but, I think it's the cause of my Steam issues. I kept getting, "Steam servers are too busy yadda yadda...", no matter what server I chose to download from, and no matter what game I tried to download. I had a Steam Support ticket so long, they started to ignore me. I eventually fixed it myself by uninstalling Steam (which automatically uninstalls all your games along with it), and I've had to do this twice in the last 2 months...
You should use a separate install for sandboxie. using the same install as your normal account isn't recommended.

[EDIT] What the hell, when i posted artist dude's last post was the only one there. Is the jank finding it's way to firefox?

corn_fest

Miscs definitely won't be able to clip into each other now: (thanks Elbaghast on SPUF)
"equip_regions_list"
{
"whole_head" "1"

"hat" "1"
"face" "1"
"glasses" "1"
"ears" "1"
"beard" "1"
"shirt" "1"
"medal" "1"
"arms" "1"
"back" "1"
"feet" "1"

"heavy_pocket" "1"
"engineer_belt" "1"
"engineer_pocket" "1"
"scout_necklace" "1"
"sniper_necklace" "1"
"scout_backpack" "1"
"demoman_bombs" "1"
"medic_pocket" "1"
"medic_necklace" "1"
}
"equip_conflicts"
{
"face"
{
"glasses" "1"
}
"whole_head"
{
"hat" "1"
"face" "1"
"glasses" "1"
"ears" "1"
}
}
Also, the Reserve Shooter can be used by Pyro.

corn_fest

Now if they would grant every weapon in the beta, so that we could actually properly test, that would be great. They said they were going to, so I crafted all my stuff into a hat, and then they never did.

Yeef

Looks like they upped the cloak penalty on the enforcer to 1 second from 0.5. Hopefully they've had the sense to change the way it works with DR. ideally it'd make it so that the cloak penalty would apply to DR trigger time. i.e. once you pull up the DR hits won't make you feign death until it's been up for 1 second.

Forkball said:
Stupid stuff.
you should pay a lot more attention.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30382439&postcount=2330
[EDIT]
corn_fest said:
Now if they would grant every weapon in the beta, so that we could actually properly test, that would be great. They said they were going to, so I crafted all my stuff into a hat, and then they never did.
I did the same thing.

Obviously they should just implement my idea from 3 months ago *cough*

Proven

SteveWinwood said:
what what what!?! This is going to be amazing. Airblast + this = god pyros.
Want. The Reserve Shooter is the only time I ever touch a shotgun on Soldier.

Yeef, do you think you could make a link to the OP with a list of all the custom maps on the server? It'd be great to have something to run to whenever I want to look up something to nominate.

Yeef said:
You should use a separate install for sandboxie. using the same install as your normal account isn't recommended.

Ok, I'll try look into it, thanks!

I was hoping for a damage nerf to the Enforcer, not a worthless cloak nerf.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:
Miscs definitely won't be able to clip into each other now: (thanks Elbaghast on SPUF)

Also, the Reserve Shooter can be used by Pyro.
Does the Reserve Shooter and Degreaser bonuses stack? I have to try that, to the beta crafting menu!

Also, valve better fix the quick switch bug before this goes live! I want both multiple loadouts AND the ability to use quick switch.

Top Bottom