• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Acerac

Banned
It was interesting going back to 3.0, but then it immediately died.

Poor MIKE TYSON and his overheating PC.

Tenck said:
Lol both Gaf servers are down.
The jank...
angry.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yep, map change on 4.0, server dies. "Alright, lets just goto 3.0"

Play one round, map changes on server, server dies. "Well shit"

Yeef

The server will automatically restart if it's ever down for more than 10 minutes. If I'm not around, Remy, ArtistDude and Java all have panel access to do server stuff.

Also, 3.0 doesn't exist anymore. The old [bad] host was probably just too stupid to actually take it down when Remy canceled service.
Drkirby said:
Yeef, Non-Hightower Payload race is now 2 rounds again. I do not like playing Panic for 2 rounds.

Edit: And KOTH is one round!
Nope. Some admin (probably you) is just a fool. Panic wasn't in the vote. I'm guessing either warpath or freight won the vote and then some one admin abused to change it to panic, but since that wasn't supposed to be the next map the map chooser ran the 5cp config, which is 2 rounds.

Sianos

Kuro Madoushi said:
Right, who was it? Obsessed? You mentioned about GG being l33t?

Naw, it's filled with F2P scrubs right now. There are still some comp regulars there from time to time, but they generally off class anyways.

Kuro Super Rage Friends Group:
- Kuro Madoushi
- •GG• kdcherli
- SgtPepper
- Proven [GAF]

I swear there should be another person in there...whom am I missing?!
That one guy who's always tired seems like he'd qualify.

Pangloss: Go to sleep, Quote!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EvilMario said:
I hope you drink on your bagged milk and choke on it, you damn Canadian!

edit: that was probably the most interesting round of Steel I've played in a long time.

Red should thank 1up and myself for saving the point. They ALMOST had it and my spam wasn't hitting them, but I got one lucky crit in and messed them up good!

Kuro Madoushi said:

edit: that was probably the most interesting round of Steel I've played in a long time.

Red should thank 1up and myself for saving the point. They ALMOST had it and my spam wasn't hitting them, but I got one lucky crit in and messed them up good!

I was messing around with Short Circuit in that whole Steel game. Its not too bad, except Short Circuit needs a BUFF.

Good going, Javaman, the wrangler beast.

NSQuote said:
That one guy who's always tired seems like he'd qualify.

Pangloss: Go to sleep, Quote!
Go to sleep Quote.

Are you playing from across the pond? I remember raiding back in vanilla WoW with a bunch of Australians at 3:00 am my time. Probably the stupidest thing I've done, but it sure was fun. When the guild broke up after AQ40, I started to get regular sleep. Man those were the days.

Yeef

Demos are up: http://tf2.gafserver.com/demos/

I also made a small change so that any custom maps should have download links as the map name on the demo page.

If I'm feeling better over the next couple of days I plan on revamping the demo page, the map download page and also setting up a page where you can rate maps right on the site.

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:

I could have swore it was Borgnine that saved the day, but what do I know.

Cloudius12 said:
I was messing around with Short Circuit in that whole Steel game. Its not too bad, except Short Circuit needs a BUFF.

That was all you bud! Without you keeping the sentry charged and repaired it wouldn't have lasted NEARLY as long. Good teamwork.

Yeef

Got this today:

3_reserve_shooter.png

I was expecting some clever and/or humorous name, but it's just "Gold Reserve Shooter Award."

What am I paying you for, Borgnine?! :mad:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Javaman said:
I could have swore it was Borgnine that saved the day, but what do I know.

That was all you bud! Without you keeping the sentry charged and repaired it wouldn't have lasted NEARLY as long. Good teamwork.
Bah...wish I had screencappes the scoreboard

Yeef

1. You can set TF2 to auto-screen cap at the end of the game.
  2. You can download the demo, fast forward to the end and do a screen cap of the scoreboard.

This is basic knowledge, Kuro!

Kuro was definitely at the top of the scoreboard that round. But Borgnine was the last one at the point E who stopped the cap. I remember because egallager had just back stabbed me when I was getting my sniper on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bear, I don't need to save EVERY scoreboard. I'm not an scoreboard whore like wartime.

Lipgloss, I want 1up to come in here and confirm that we were the ones who stopped the cap from the bottom of E. I couldn't have done it without him since we took turns spamming. Creepynine might have come in later, but he wasn't there to stop the cap beforehand.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cloudius12 said:

I think the best thing for the Short Circuit would be to reduce weapon switch time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am waiting for the thing to have a 75% off sale.

I mean, it is sold on Steam, it has to go on sale eventually, right? This is how the Steam works?

In more TF2 related ramblings, I hope Valve makes the rest of the Mob Heavy pack actually useful. The Family Business and the Eviction Notice are really poor.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Kuro trying to jack my swag. Can't say I'm surprised.

I was expecting some clever and/or humorous name, but it's just "Gold Reserve Shooter Award."

What am I paying you for, Borgnine?! :mad:

Your last check from Jank Of America bounced.

Also, luckily something about a "gold reserve" writes itself!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Drkirby (4 complete sentences formed)"

See Kuro, I can make complete sentences!

Also, does this make me a Bad Engineer?

Idle Threats Drkirby (33 sentry kills)
Sentry Award Drkirby (56 sentry guns built)

n0b

Javaman said:

BAD TEAMWORK! Don't encourage wrangler teams! It reduces a potential 4 seperate life threatening targets on your team into one ineffective killer.

Blizzard

Banned
n0b said:
BAD TEAMWORK! Don't encourage wrangler teams! It reduces a potential 4 seperate life threatening targets on your team into one ineffective killer.
Sounds like someone is askin' for a wranglin'!

Acerac

Banned
Drkirby said:
I am waiting for the thing to have a 75% off sale.

I mean, it is sold on Steam, it has to go on sale eventually, right? This is how the Steam works?
50% off today. Ask and you shall receive, apparently.

Proven

Drkirby said:
In more TF2 related ramblings, I hope Valve makes the rest of the Mob Heavy pack actually useful. The Family Business and the Eviction Notice are really poor.
They probably won't be touched ever, but as I said before the Eviction Notice hits so fast that you essentially have a higher random crit rate with it.

Clydefrog

It feels weird having played this game for close to 950 hours but never using certain weapons. I don't think I've ever equipped a Wrangler. I've never used the concheror's spirit.

Top Bottom