• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Acerac

Banned
SteveWinwood said:
I'm so happy someone got what I was going for with that dumb wild wild west thing.
I got it, the very idea scared me however so I thought it best to not reply.

fallengorn said:
Oh my gawd, just stand on the point. It's not that hard to do.

Oh, look at me. I'm standing on the point.

/n0b
I'm not even shooting anybody. I'm just standing on the point and I'm winning.

n0b is my favorite player on the server based solely on his comments throughout a match.

His remark about not liking the gru due to how ugly they are and the fact that he hates having them on his screen may have made me laugh more than any other comment on this server.

JackFrost said:
what can i do/need todo with this?
(im still learning).

I see cheap tf2 items and fishcakes and my undies get tight

Apparently you just have to play SpaceChem, beat levels, and craft TF2 items. You can get the Fishcake and SpaceChem pin this way.

Too bad the Fishcake just a Suck-Lots Bar and not a Sandvich.

Tenck

Acerac said:
n0b is my favorite player on the server based solely on his comments throughout a match.

His remark about not liking the gru due to how ugly they are and the fact that he hates having them on his screen may have made me laugh more than any other comment on this server.

n0b is easily my favorite on the server. Whenever I see his name on the bottom right (when he is talking through the mic) I pay attention.

Others have tried to speak to me, only to find out I ignore them 50%+ of the time.

Acerac

Banned
I'd imagine that is because half of the people on the server pronounce your name wrong.

It doesn't sound like tank, is obviously is pronounced tenek.

It's cool. Most people pronounce my name incorrectly as well.

Tenck

Acerac said:
I'd imagine that is because half of the people on the server pronounce your name wrong.

It doesn't sound like tank, is obviously is pronounced tenek.

It's cool. Most people pronounce my name incorrectly as well.

My username is pronounced 'tenk'

Ck makes the k sound, but I also added it because it looks much better than Tenk.

I always pronounce your name as 'Ace (as in mace) rack'

Acerack

Edit: And damn Pangloss for starting this whole Teneck shenanigans!

Blizzard

Banned
Acerac said:
I got it, the very idea scared me however so I thought it best to not reply.

I'm not even shooting anybody. I'm just standing on the point and I'm winning.

Don't encourage him! He already talks so loudly he talks over ME, and clearly I'm the one everyone should be hearing.

At least I think he fixed his microphone volume a little so it wasn't clipping like crazy.

*edit* Speaking of n0b and raging and points and Steel (like last night), Steel is one of my favorite maps, yet one of the few that I rage on. Seeing 7+ minutes left on the clock, only two points left to capture, and KNOWING that your team is almost guaranteed to lose if they don't go for D, is frustrating. Once D is captured, E should become significantly easier in the vast majority of games, especially if you can get a couple of players positioned in the D-E tunnel.

Almost equally rage-inducing is if scouts go for E instead of helping on A, and the team doesn't get ANY points as a result, or if an engineer sets up his stuff between A and D in the little cubbyhole, resulting in everyone teleporting there when the team needs to focus on B/C.

Since you were all talking about framerate and capping it and such about 30 posts ago...

Why do I get a framerate of about 45-50 with a Q6600 and a Radeon HD 6950 2GB and 3GB DDR2?

I'm assuming it's the RAM, but I don't know.

Also, my mic is always more quiet in TF2 than it is anywhere else. Mumble, Ventrilo, Skype. Even Steam's built-in voice chat is fine, I think. But in TF2? So quiet.

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
Since you were all talking about framerate and capping it and such about 30 posts ago...

Why do I get a framerate of about 45-50 with a Q6600 and a Radeon HD 6950 2GB and 3GB DDR2?

Also, my mic is always more quiet in TF2 than it is anywhere else. Mumble, Ventrilo, Skype. Even Steam's built-in voice chat is fine, I think. But in TF2? So quiet.
I have 4GB of memory (maybe DDR2?), and a 3 GHz e8400, and a 1GB 5850, and I get like 35-75 framerate depending on the area. I have it capped at something like 75 since I didn't want it fluctuating, but it doesn't seem to help. I run in like a 1280x800 window.

I haven't tried playing on a variety of other servers to see if it's something about GAF, though.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
an engineer sets up his stuff between A and D in the little cubbyhole, resulting in everyone teleporting there when the team needs to focus on B/C.
I do that all the time, because I expect my team to understand how flanking works. Perhaps that is my error. A big push from the backside of C (where red spawn is) is great, but it seems most people who take a tele between A and D go the long way around to the front of C instead of flanking through D. Two demoman on their spawn doors at D and C can slow them down significantly. It makes capping C and D much easier because they don't have time to lock down D.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
I do that all the time, because I expect my team to understand how flanking works. Perhaps that is my error. A big push from the backside of C (where red spawn is) is great, but it seems most people who take a tele between A and D go the long way around to the front of C instead of flanking through D. Two demoman on their spawn doors at D and C can slow them down significantly. It makes capping C and D much easier because they don't have time to lock down D.
Wait, are you advocating spawncamping 2/4 of the spawn exits with stickies? That's just nasty. :(

At any rate, it would not really surprise me if people went the long way around. And the opposite problem happens when the teleporter is on the B-C side of E, and everyone goes to E instead of getting D (what I was raging about last night).

D is for Delicious!

Spawn camping is part of the game. Plus, it's not actually really spawn-camping unless you can kill them the instant they spawn. There are doors present to prevent that sort of thing.

Blizzard said:
I have 4GB of memory (maybe DDR2?), and a 3 GHz e8400, and a 1GB 5850, and I get like 35-75 framerate depending on the area. I have it capped at something like 75 since I didn't want it fluctuating, but it doesn't seem to help. I run in like a 1280x800 window.

I haven't tried playing on a variety of other servers to see if it's something about GAF, though.
I just don't understand why my framerate is so low when my PC isn't bad by any means.

Togglesworlh said:
Spawn camping is part of the game. Plus, it's not actually really spawn-camping unless you can kill them the instant they spawn. There are doors present to prevent that sort of thing.

I just don't understand why my framerate is so low when my PC isn't bad by any means.
Do you have fps cap for tf2?

n0b

Togglesworlh said:

I've told most people that have a similar setup to me (q6600, few gigs of ram, medium range gpu) that we're cpu bottlenecked. I used to have the same framerate. I offered them the fix I use in config form and they all looked at me like I was crazy. WELL I SIT HERE CAPPED AT 120FPS MOST OF THE TIME SO HA.

Also for some reason when my computer died and revived the most recent time it fixed that mic problem so much that everybody informed me I was completely blowing out my mic when I first came back on. I actually had to turn down my tf2 mic settings

Cloudius confirms!

Togglesworlh said:
I would see if you can get anymore fps by using Chris' FPS configs, preferably the high fps with good graphics. Even though your setup is not bad, Source is still really only dependent on your cpu.

Yeef

Togglesworlh said:
Especially considering that spawn has 4 different exits and windows that you can see out of in that tunnel.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
hmmm
Damn Bear
Creepynine
Krillin
ICANONLYOLAYDEMOTIME
failuregorn
Scizzy
Twiggy
Nobby/masternob
whatthegoddamnhelldidyoudayicantunderstandasinglethingyouresaying
whoreleo
Dougie
Youfuckingidiot
Fuckingdoucheringer

Sure I missed a couple

<_<
>_>
blizzard...

Cloudius12 said:
I would see if you can get anymore fps by using Chris' FPS configs, preferably the high fps with good graphics. Even though your setup is not bad, Source is still really only dependent on your cpu.
What config. LINK IT.

Also it's not Source, it's just TF2. I get better framerates in every other source game I play.

At least I think I do... You're now making me question my memory.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can all say my name how ever you like.

Doctor Kirby

Dee Are Kirby.

Drrrrr Kirby (Everyone loves Drrrrr Kirby)

So disapointed last night, I waited 20 minutes to get in, get in, and find out my internet is acting up and I had a ping of 300. It just isn't fun to be killed by people before you can see them.

Kuro said:
Also, I didn't day anything Kuro. I didn't day anything.

Also, there is "Shotgun Queen, use your Shotgun!"

Kuro Madoushi said:
hmmm
Damn Bear
Creepynine
Krillin
ICANONLYOLAYDEMOTIME
failuregorn
Scizzy
Twiggy
Nobby/masternob
whoreleo
Dougie
Youfuckingidiot
Fuckingdoucheringer

Sure I missed a couple

<_<
>_>
blizzard...
"BEEF WHY DID YOU NOT UBER!?"

n0b

Drkirby said:
Isn't that the one that makes the game look like it is running on an N64?

Not if you just read the config and get rid of everything that lowers graphical fidelity.

Tenck

Kuro Madoushi said:
hmmm
Damn Bear
Creepynine
Krillin
ICANONLYOLAYDEMOTIME
failuregorn
Scizzy
Twiggy
Nobby/masternob
whoreleo
Dougie
Youfuckingidiot
Fuckingdoucheringer

Sure I missed a couple

<_<
>_>
blizzard...

So glad I am not on that list.

Edit: as in you never insult me with those mean names!

Drkirby said:
He used to, now he decided to join the Dead Ringer Club.

*Stands in empty room that say "Stock Watch Club"*
I always use the Enthusiast's Timepiece. Yep, you are the only one using the stock watch.

Top Bottom