• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

n0b

Blizzard said:
Demomangun is useless because it is ugly

I don't think any of the demo guns are ugly. I would think after all these years you would know me, but no. /me cries at Blizzard's betrayal

Kuro Madoushi said:
I know master n0b hates the tomislav, but he hates all the changes to tf2. In a hvy vs. hvy straight up fight, the tomi will lose to sascha and brass (unless the other hvy is kirby). I like it because it works well getting the jump on people (fast spin up), gives more mobility (smaller movement while firing penalty), and it's silent so I can be hiding around a corner ready to shoot whilst enemies won't be prepared.
1. I don't hate every change to tf2. Kritzkrieg was one of the most interesting updates to the game dynamic ever because it is such a perfect tradeoff with normal ubers. Huntsman is the most refreshing way to play sniper because of the ability to make snap shots once you get into the flow of things. The GRU, despite making me sick to look at, makes the slowness of heavy so much more bearable. Full-on demoknight is the most fun I've had in years in the game.

The only changes I hate are the ones that encourage bad play (sandviches, wranglers, scottish resistance, natascha, brass beasts, l'etranger), things that ruin game flow and bring the game to a screeching halt (payload maps), and things that completely ruin my playstyle (backburner airblasts, the extremely old nerf to engineer build speed. (which has now been "corrected" by mini sentries and jag, which are still nowhere near as good as old engi)

2. First of all, heavy vs heavy fights are much simpler: whoever spins up first wins. Second, getting the jump on people has nothing to do with spin up time and everything to do with positioning. Spin up time is only a factor when you get caught with your pants down, and if you are getting caught when you don't want to be then you have bad positioning and game awareness. Movement speed while spun up doesn't matter (except for brass beast because its too slow to count as movement) because you should never be spun up until you are ready to engage the enemy. If you aren't in a big fight you should have your shotgun out because it doesn't affect movement at all and allows for instant reaction.

3. I don't think tomislav is BAD, I just think its bad for a heavy that actually knows what they are doing. Its like baby's first minigun. Shorter spin up and faster move speed helps with your positioning mistakes, no sound lets people who aren't used to listening for audio cues hear spies, sentries and other characters more easily as well as help them learn the timing for jumping in on people without all of the risks.

4. Heavy is not the actual weakest class, but is very low down on the list. They are slightly better in pub games because they have more control over large engagements, but still, the fact is, if everyone gangs up, they die. At equal skill levels, soldiers, demos, spies, and snipers should all handle them easily. Scouts and Pyros have a tough battle but they still have a fighting chance. Engies will lose on their own and win with their sentries. Heavies NEED medics, because they are weak without that extra health and constant healing. The only time they are scary is when they have a medic, and pretty much EVERY class is scary with a medic.

edit: I double posted so I moved my giant post to the new page :n

Oh lazytown, I always laugh when people talk about the quality of lazytown. I played it with the creator the day it was made. It was never meant to be a good map. It was made simply to test if you could make custom maps without the TF2 gcf's and sdk. It was a hack and it was a fun little novelty to have a custom map while the game was still in beta.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Sgt.Pepper said:
What map isn't shit with instantspawn.

I actually prefer instant spawn. I need people to kill.

n0b said:
Oh lazytown, I always laugh when people talk about the quality of lazytown. I played it with the creator the day it was made. It was never meant to be a good map. It was made simply to test if you could make custom maps without the TF2 gcf's and sdk. It was a hack and it was a fun little novelty to have a custom map while the game was still in beta.

I would rather play a simple map such as lazytown over gimmicky crap such as pacman.

Clydefrog

Borgnine said:
That's the worst drawing of Lazytown I've ever seen, not even close. It's also one of the worst maps ever made. And I'm saying this as someone who loves it. I used to spend hours on one round trying to cap one point, it wasn't uncommon to see people with 1000+ points. Artemis only like it because stupid snipers can cover the first 2 points right outside the spawn door, or have huge sightlines to the center point from the garage.

Listen, motherfucker, it's a good map. Maybe you played an altered version of it but the only thing I see missing from my drawing is the second spawn near the first/second cap. Otherwise it's spot on!

and I actually liked playing demo instead of sniper on this map because tossing stuff was easy and getting an uber was oh so godlike.

P.S. I'm driving out to the desert for the weekend, so I'll be sure to stop by your place on the way and take a dump on your lawn. :middlefinger

Iadien said:
I actually prefer instant spawn. I need people to kill.
gross instaspawn is so gross you are gross go gross yourself grossmans

I would rather play a simple map such as lazytown over gimmicky crap such as pacman.
On this I would agree. Shit like Pacman is good for shits a few times, but then it gets stale. The Pacman map in particular actually has an interesting mechanic, but as a whole, it's rather awful.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
I know master n0b hates the tomislav, but he hates all the changes to tf2. In a hvy vs. hvy straight up fight, the tomi will lose to sascha and brass (unless the other hvy is kirby). I like it because it works well getting the jump on people (fast spin up), gives more mobility (smaller movement while firing penalty), and it's silent so I can be hiding around a corner ready to shoot whilst enemies won't be prepared.
You should stop spreading lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Ntu0XdbMU

The tomislav is overpowered, plain and simple. it outperforms the other mini-guns in all but niche situations and reduces one of the heavy's main weaknesses to the point of nearly eliminating it.

Blizzard

Banned
Man, lazytown, it's probably been years since I've played that. and years probably aren't enough. I even have one particularly horrible memory of some server with 100% crits lazytown. Probably instaspawn too for all I know.

I seem to recall even the normal version being horrible to try to end though.

Sianos

I know I said I'd be on tonight, but I've discovered an ancient ritual known as "sleep" I'd like to perform.

Sorry I've been too busy/tired to get any good games in, I should be more free over the weekend.

I remember playing Lazytown when YTMND was still somewhat relevant on the internet. I think it was on their server (maybe?) and it just had that map.... AND THAT DAMN SONG ON 24/7!

SteveWinwood said:
I remember playing Lazytown when YTMND was still somewhat relevant on the internet. I think it was on their server (maybe?) and it just had that map.... AND THAT DAMN SONG ON 24/7!

It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I used the Tomislav for a while, because it was so appealing with the 'no spin up'. But in the end, the Minigun does a lot more damage if you're already spun up which is going to be the case many times. You're much more likely to over common something like a Soldier/Medic if you're using a Minigun.

It might save you occasionally because of the quick spin up, but it leaves you open to a number of classes because the of the damage fall off.

Heavy's Wood Chipper is too OP

ChipperTest02.gif

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
Scizzy part of pony gaf smh...
Togglesworlh said:
Yes, grown men watching a cartoon made for little girls has more merit than catchy music.

My eyes are open now!
My one regret is that there are only two episodes with John de Lancie.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
Lazytown was the 2005 version of My Little Pony.
I don't recall Lazytown having as many people actually watch it, it was mined for a good amount of GIFs and Memes though.

Acerac

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
Yes, grown men watching a cartoon made for little girls has more merit than catchy music.

My eyes are open now!
Hell yeah, I agree. Pixar films are shit too because they were made for little kids. Mirite? Same goes for Disney. Mario games are horrible because they're so colorful, and if you disagree you're a little kid. ;)

*Shrug*

I've said it before I'll say it again, ponies and Breaking Bad are the two most watchable shows on tv today. I just run with a pony avatar/spray because the show makes me smile. I accept that some people won't give it a chance. I felt odd as hell when I found myself enjoying the first few episodes, but there's more to the show than what initially meets the eye.

It's cool though, gotta keep that nerd hierarchy intact. :p

Tenck said:
We just had a spy convention. Was awesome.

Some dude went Heavy though :/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594698710730200113/C87CC6291415EAD30D179C8FBA46CFAA4529D284/[img][/QUOTE]
Hurray for the perfect excuse to level my backburner!

Wolf Akela said:
Oh great, more MLP trollin' here.
It's not trolling if it's true!

Well it might be. But it's still gross.

Acerac said:
Hell yeah, I agree. Pixar films are shit too because they were made for little kids. Mirite? Same goes for Disney. Mario games are horrible because they're so colorful, and if you disagree you're a little kid. ;)
Actually, no. Those things are made for the whole family to enjoy. I love Disney, a lot. My Little Pony is a cartoon licensed from toys made for little girls. Also, I've actually seen it, because I have some friends who like it, and I was at their apartment as they watched a couple episodes. ):

But, hey, we all have our dark shames. I could admit worse than falling in love with a cartoon pony. I won't! But I could.

Tenck

Acerac said:

*Shrug*

I've said it before I'll say it again, ponies and Breaking Bad are the two most watchable shows on tv today. I just run with a pony avatar/spray because the show makes me smile. I accept that some people won't give it a chance. I felt odd as hell when I found myself enjoying the first few episodes, but there's more to the show than what initially meets the eye.

It's cool though, gotta keep that nerd hierarchy intact. :p

Hurray for the perfect excuse to level my backburner!

I enjoyed a few episodes of MLP too. I even had a Pony Avatar for a bit. Yasae didn't like it though :'(

Also, you have to be medic all the time. Stop giving us spies a hard time with the backburner!

Acerac

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
Actually, no. Those things are made for the whole family to enjoy. I love Disney, a lot. My Little Pony is a cartoon licensed from toys made for little girls. Also, I've actually seen it, because I have some friends who like it, and I was at their apartment as they watched a couple episodes. ):

But, hey, we all have our dark shames. I could admit worse than falling in love with a cartoon pony. I won't! But I could.
Lauren Faust (the person in charge of the ponies project for the most recent reboot) has gone on record to say that she developed the show to make it something the whole family can enjoy. She was sick of vapid bullshit being developed for little girls that had absolutely no redeeming qualities and wanted to make something that was enjoyable for people outside of the immediate target audience. So yes, like those things I mentioned earlier, just because the main audience is kids does not mean it was made to appeal solely to that age group.

I'm not going to say you've gotta love ponies. Many of my friends don't enjoy the show, some do. I'm just here to say that there is more to the show than what initially meets the eye.

About not wanting to admit deep dark stuff like enjoying a show based on ponies, 4 or 5 years ago I'd have been right with you. ;)
Tenck said:
I enjoyed a few episodes of MLP too. I even had a Pony Avatar for a bit. Yasae didn't like it though :'(

Also, you have to be medic all the time. Stop giving us spies a hard time with the backburner!
Ponies aren't for everyone. That's cool. I just like pointing out the silliness of some of the arguments against the show.

I was medic for like 3 minutes until I realized how ineffective overheals were when my team was only dying to backstabs! My other main class (engy) seemed like it'd be equally futile. Pyro was my first main class til I gave up on it for the next 250 hours of gameplay.

Acerac

Banned
Yeef said:
Don't turn this into a Pony thread.
I agree, stop bringing up ponies guys.

*edit*

/Self avatar quote

Wolf Akela said:
Pull it back on course.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/167/d/4/Brother_can_you_spare_a_health_by_Celestial298.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That scenario is even worse when the one who needs health is a medic.

*Glares*

Wolf Akela said:
Pull it back on course.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/167/d/4/Brother_can_you_spare_a_health_by_Celestial298.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]
happens often enough to be infuriating. especially since you can see your teammates health level.

Wolf Akela said:
Pull it back on course.
If there's one thing I hate it's dying right next to a health pack. Maybe one of the classes (Engineer? Medic? Heavy? Spy?) could get some sort of magnet item to draw health packs close to you if you get near to one.

Top Bottom