• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

AcciDante said:
Those guys on the server now are so damn obnoxious.
That southern guy (Cahlee or something) was hilarious. I laughed so hard at some of his comments on Croissant.

I also crafted the Spacechem stuff. But the only class I don't have a cool misc for is Soldier, so only he's wearing it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PC Gamer digital 2 is out, you can still get the hat with #1.

I wonder just how badly the sales will tank.

Tenck

Drkirby said:
PC Gamer digital 2 is out, you can still get the hat with #1.

I wonder just how badly the sales will tank.

Bad enough to show them that a TF2 hat is what sold their first issue.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I am guessing their idea is that people would go "Hey, this is awesome, I want 10!"

I am pretty sure most people who actually looked at it, would at best gone "Hey, this is pretty cool. Now if it was only 1/4th the cost."

Forkball

Holy shit I had the Sight for Sore Eyes drop in my idle account.

Too bad I already own them. It would make good trade fodder though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
AcciDante said:
Tomorrow is my birthday :3
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.png

funny-pictures-cat-wants-his-birthday-cake.jpg

edit: I hope Borgnine makes a spray outta YOU, Cloudius after making of one Twiggy.

DON'T DISAPPOINT WITH TWIGGY, BORGNINE! >:/

Ner-Oh's is the best by far.

Ner-Oh: "but I don't even play soldier! D: "

Acerac

Banned
I assume his pic of a scout fucking Rainbow Dash is Borgnine's spray for me, though I suppose it might be more of a general tf/pony spray. ;)

Is it weird that I want my own horrifically fucked up Borg spray?

Yeah it is.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Togglesworlh said:
Kuro singing would probably be the worst thing to happen to the server. X:
Y'know, now that I take a closer look, what the fuck is a TogglesworLH?!
Not Togglesworth?! Or Togglesworld?!

Any tricks to getting that "Heal 10,000 points" achievement? I've survived whole matches and actively healed everyone I could find that was wounded, and even on my best matches I was still just shy of the ten grand.

I stick with payload though, maybe that's the problem?

Togglesworlh said:
(you might wish to note that it is probably nsfw)
Too late. .__.

Tkawsome said:
Any tricks to getting that "Heal 10,000 points" achievement? I've survived whole matches and actively healed everyone I could find that was wounded, and even on my best matches I was still just shy of the ten grand.

I just cheated and went to one of those achievement servers with the poisoned spawn points.

Acerac

Banned
Tkawsome said:

I've nearing 70 hours played with medic, have gotten 7 dominations in one life, gone over 10 minutes without dying and still I lack even the 7,000 life healed achieve.

Thankfully achievements in this game are worthless. I'll get them eventually. :)

Acerac said:
I've nearing 70 hours played with medic, have gotten 7 dominations in one life, gone over 10 minutes without dying and still I lack even the 7,000 life healed achieve.

Thankfully achievements in this game are worthless. I'll get them eventually. :)

I broke 9 thousand today. It was an attack/defend map and I was steamrolling them with a soldier/kritz the whole match. Even let them capture the first point to give us more time and still made it just shy of the 10 g's. Guess cheating is the only real way, huh?

Acerac

Banned
Tkawsome said:
I broke 9 thousand today. It was an attack/defend map and I was steamrolling them with a soldier/kritz the whole match. Even let them capture the first point to give us more time and still made it just shy of the 10 g's. Guess cheating is the only real way, huh?
The only way to get it easily, sure. However if you asked me a month ago if I'd ever break my domination record on JankyGAF with medic I'd have laughed at you. These things have a way of working themselves out given enough time. I've had enough close calls with 7k that I'm confident I'll get it soon enough, and 10k shouldn't be too far behind.

It all comes down to how badly you want the achievements.

Proven

I'm on a bus. I was going to play TF2 on said bus, but the Internet sucks. Tomorrow night will involve a different, but similar bus. Happy Birthday without me.

I can regularly get the 7k achievement on really good rounds if I don't die at all until the round's over, and the round lasts around 10 minutes.

For the 10k achievement, I had to get 16,667 heal points on a 13:13 life in the middle of the night while extremely pissed off over something TF2 unrelated. The trick? I joined a random Dustbowl server that was on stage 3, last point. When I joined onto RED, there was about 15 min left to defend and I died 2 minutes in, increasing my rage. Then I had the 13:13 minute life, coupled with my most points and most ubers used game as Medic (on PC). I used Kritzkreig the whole time though.

No matter how mad or disheartened I get at my skills with any given class on the GAF server, or any server really, I don't let it color my judgement for switching to Medic anymore. Well, at least when I'm outside of the GAF server.

Acerac

Banned
Oh yeah, I'd assume playing on a pub server would make those achieves significantly easier.

Fuck that though. Pub servers are for playing spy.

Proven

No, you need at least semi-competent players who have some idea of how to stay alive. If your teammates keep dying, you have no one to heal, then get overrun and die. Plus, I still used a mic to rally the strangers to my will. Defending is easier to do simply because it increases the likelihood of your teammates not over extending, which helps have them stay alive, and because every map has places that you must hold for it's tactical safety from BLU attacks while you build counter-offensives.

The above happened about two years ago, months before the Soldier update and before I started regularly playing on the GAF server (was Java reigned at the time). I don't think you can do it with F2P players unless you felt like yelling at them every single instruction, and most pub servers now are full of them. Your experience is colored between two extremes; you need to find a spot in the middle.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I got the medic one in a 24/7 badwater server being kritz medic.

I was upset because we held the first point and I hadn't died so I wanted them to cap the point so I could keep healing. :[

I wouldn't mind being pocket soldier on RED at Badwater.
...wait

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven proving and providing proof he's truely part of Kuro's Super Rage Friends Group

Rage moar, my little Krillin...rAgE MOar!

At this point, I'd rather yell at the scrubs.

I'm the only fucking med, my fucking team can't kill shit, so it forces me to switch to an offensive class which I dislike since I prefer troll classes for fun, or tell them how stupid they are. Unfortunately, few are willing to listen to experienced players.

I'll say it again, I learned through 'observation' and 'conversation'. The game isn't about 'aiming'. You can practice one-on-one through dm servers, and lots of comp players do, but I don't ask top players 'how do I aim better', I ask them 'what do I do in [insert situation]'.

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
Proven proving and providing proof he's truely part of Kuro's Super Rage Friends Group

Rage moar, my little Krillin...rAgE MOar!

At this point, I'd rather yell at the scrubs.

I'm the only fucking med, my fucking team can't kill shit, so it forces me to switch to an offensive class which I dislike since I prefer troll classes for fun, or tell them how stupid they are. Unfortunately, few are willing to listen to experienced players.

I'll say it again, I learned through 'observation' and 'conversation'. The game isn't about 'aiming'. You can practice one-on-one through dm servers, and lots of comp players do, but I don't ask top players 'how do I aim better', I ask them 'what do I do in [insert situation]'.
Looking back on it, I'm still surprised it was possible to rage Medic, and not even battle Medic.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
Looking back on it, I'm still surprised it was possible to rage Medic, and not even battle Medic.
You gotta be fucking kidding me? Not possible to rage medic? Medic is the class most prone to rage cause the people you pocket and the team you heal play stupid whilst you're trying to help them out.

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
You gotta be fucking kidding me? Not possible to rage medic? Medic is the class most prone to rage cause the people you pocket and the team you heal play stupid whilst you're trying to help them out.
I meant rage switch to Medic. Most people rage switch from.

Valygar

Proven said:
I meant rage switch to Medic. Most people rage switch from.

I rage to medic while playing with pubs all the time. Mostly when nobody cares, there's no medic, and no solid strategy. I usually find the medic is the best class to change the way the game is going on, specially if there is none before.

But well, sometimes my teammates are so dumb I rage to something "useless", but funny, as sniper-archer, battle engineer, demo knight, or spy (i'm not a good spy).

I also got +10K heal while defending in a pub game. I almost died 2-3 times, but I was very careful since 6-7 minutes alive, overhealing from the back and not putting myself in danger. Luckily, all my teammates treated me like a live dispenser and tried to come back if they were less than 50% health.

Anony

guess i'll be one this afternoon if there's people, i have been playing less and less nowadays
i wonder if i'm still in top 100

so EVGA is sending newsletter with a promotion inviting to play Scream Fortress 2 starting this 17th October, this might be an indication of when the update might hit.

header.jpg

Yeef

I vaguely recall reading that some facepunch/polycount people that got letter from Valve saying that there would be a big update before the Scream Fortress update. Usually the Halloween updates are relatively small (new map and new hats).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeef said:
I vaguely recall reading that some facepunch/polycount people that got letter from Valve saying that there would be a big update before the Scream Fortress update. Usually the Halloween updates are relatively small (new map and new hats).

New class, or bust.

Top Bottom