• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yeef

That's why you click the orange GAF logo. It takes you to the most recent post since the last time you read the thread. That way, you never miss posts!

EjaUh.png

Kuro Madoushi said:
GAF bronze member confirmed!
well excuse me Mr. Gold Member, when I click on the logo it says:

"You do not have enough privileges, upgrade now to a GAF Gold account to use this function and many other benefits"

Clydefrog said:
are you people serious? you didn't know about the 'go to newest post' feature?

I knew that when the icon was grey there were no new posts and when the icon was orange there were new posts, what I didn't know is that you could click the icon to take you to the newest post since you last checked the thread.

Acerac

Banned
Tenck said:
I only see a select few play Engineer on that server. Is it because it's a boring class or something else?

I would like to play Engineer seriously one of these days, but I love to play Spy more ;_;

Seems like a fun class to play if your team helps you with your nest.
I stopped originally because of Meta. Now that he is slightly less active when I play it is much easier to use the class. ;)

Acerac said:
I stopped originally because of Meta. Now that he is slightly less active when I play it is much easier to use the class. ;)
as an engi, if you kill a good spy they make it personal and spend the rest of the round trying to get back at you and make your life miserable, in a way this is good for the rest of the team that now can run free and without worrying about that pesky spy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
Wrangled minisentries on offense is awesome fun, just don't tell n0b you use the wrangler.
This is so dumb....

why would you rather have one gun you have to aim to shoot at the enemy when it can autoaim and shoot FOR you and you can get a different angle on the enemy and force them to pick between you and the sentry?

I didn't say I do that all the time, but when the time comes it helps out. Like annoying the the shit out of Snipers or killing Heavies. Traps are more effective sure, but it is fun.

You can ask Boney when I joined him in a pub. =D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
I didn't say I do that all the time, but when the time comes it helps out. Like annoying the the shit out of Snipers or killing Heavies. Traps are more effective sure, but it is fun.
Almost as bad as Quick Shits...almost...

Acerac

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
This is so dumb....

why would you rather have one gun you have to aim to shoot at the enemy when it can autoaim and shoot FOR you and you can get a different angle on the enemy and force them to pick between you and the sentry?
Great question. When I first started playing I thought that the wrangler was amazing and the shotgun was useless, but even with my crappy aim I've realized that it is a potent gun.

Blizzard

Banned
The point of wrangled minisentries is not to be BETTER than normal sentry guns. I suspect the point of the huntsman is not to be BETTER than the sniper rifle, also.

The point, however, is that they are both fun to use. When you are bored of playing other classes, having an infinite range laser machine gun is amusing, and making snipers rage that mini sentries are OP and need a range nerf and need auto-aim removed is also fun.

Now, if you always want to help your team win, then you can have a bunch of uber demos or uber heavies, or have like 6 engineers all working together with a network of sentry nests and some pyros. But is that fun?

2fort can be fun without engineers. Or it can be defended quite effectively by lots of sentries. I suggest that fun is inversely proportional to the number of engineers in that situation, even though the engineers make sense defensively!

Acerac said:
Great question. When I first started playing I thought that the wrangler was amazing and the shotgun was useless, but even with my crappy aim I've realized that it is a potent gun.
oh man am i glad you learned your lesson

The shotgun is the best goddamn weapon in the game.

Acerac

Banned
Togglesworlh said:

That makes two of us. Even with my horrendous aim I'd still manage to drop people. It helps that many tend to underestimate engineers, making it easy to finish off stragglers or bait them in to your sentry's kill zone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Togglesworlh said:

I second my alt.

Also, you guys are really naive if you think a mini is going to stop a sniper from headshotting you. I've done it several times since you leave yourselves so vulnerable.

I also like the autoaim/shooting because it can throw off multiple enemies at the same time. Nothing messes up my aim more as an offensive class than when one of those minis shoots one bullet at me at the exactly right (in my case wrong) time.

There are definitely more situations and areas you can Wrangle than one can use the Quick Shits, but again, it's just kinda boring to play. I'm not even sure you can kill anyone by aiming yourself, it doesn't do enough dmg, and it just annoys them and puts your team down one player cause you ain't doing shit!

Yeef

Blizzard said:
The point, however, is that they are both fun to use. When you are bored of playing other classes, having an infinite range laser machine gun is amusing, and making snipers rage that mini sentries are OP and need a range nerf and need auto-aim removed is also fun.
They do. Or more accurately, they need a range fix. When you build one the range dome is smaller than a regular sentry, but it still has the same range as a regular sentry. Its range is further than it's supposed to be. Silly Valve.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
They do. Or more accurately, they need a range fix. When you build one the range dome is smaller than a regular sentry, but it still has the same range as a regular sentry. Its range is further than it's supposed to be. Silly Valve.
Sounds like the range dome should be increased. Silly Yeef!

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Maybe it is just me, but it seems that a minisentry has more firepower than a lvl 1 sentry.
Nope. Mini-sentries shoot faster than Lvl 1 sentries and also rotate faster, but they do half as much damage per shot. They also deploy at full health, unlike regular sentries, which you can just sneeze on as they're constructing and they'll die.

[EDIT]
Blizzard said:
Hopefully Valve patches the mini sentry to have a larger dome. Maybe even larger than normal sentries!

Any weapon I use = needs buff plz.
Pffft. I use mini-sentries more than you. I just prefer games to be balanced, because it's more fun that way. A cheap win is boring for all involved!

Yeef

Have you bought a Metallurgy Mallet from the Mann. Co store? If you don't have one there's a 45% chance you'll lose your metal when you craft.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Have you bought a Metallurgy Mallet from the Mann. Co store? If you don't have one there's a 45% chance you'll lose your metal when you craft.
100 points, MASTER TROLL

I don't know any reason why the metal would be lost.

Some people are saying that Iron Curtain is gonna be ultra buffed to this:

- 100% chance to slow people down
- 2 % chance to stun
- it has less spread, leading to more damage output

Is this true? are this changes now live in the beta? because if it's true....

Blizzard

Banned
The Omega Man said:
Some people are saying that Iron Curtain is gonna be ultra buffed to this:

- 100% chance to slow people down
- 2 % chance to stun
- it has less spread, leading to more damage output

Is this true? are this changes now live in the beta? because if it's true....
That's a silly lie. It's actually going to be buffed to 100% crits, 100% stun, 100% instakills, and 50% noisemaker particle effects with each hit.

(who are these "some people"?)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Blizzard said:
That's a silly lie. It's actually going to be buffed to 100% crits, 100% stun, 100% instakills, and 50% noisemaker particle effects with each hit.

300% noisemaker particle effects or bust.

Acerac

Banned
Yeah I doubt Valve will buff a promotional weapon to be the best in slot.

Wait, why is the price of Poker Night at the Inventory suddenly $50?

Blizzard said:

SPUF people, yeah I know it's SPUF but since I read it from different users there and since I don't have the beta installed I rather ask before claiming valve's complete lunacy.

Oh man I opened up the store to check the price BUT I STOPPED MYSELF BEFORE I ACTUALLY TYPED POKER NIGHT INTO THE SEARCH BAR.

you almost had me azrack

but you aren't good enough

yet

divisionbyzorro said:
Check your backpack online and see if it's in the drop queue. The game sometimes loses track of things.

Yup, this is what happened. Showed up about 10 minutes later in my backpack.

I'm not that much of a noob, Yiff or whatever your name is.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Tenck said:
I only see a select few play Engineer on that server. Is it because it's a boring class or something else?

I would like to play Engineer seriously one of these days, but I love to play Spy more ;_;

Seems like a fun class to play if your team helps you with your nest.
The usual routine as engineer on the GAF server is
Spawn
Drop Tele entrance
Run up to about a third of the way behind the front line
Drop tele exit.
Begin building dispenser in an out of the way place.
Have a pyro come out nowhere and kill you, destroy your dispenser and your tele.
Spawn.
Run up.
Build tele in some obscure so its less likely to get destroyed.
Go out. Build sentry first. Then build dispenser.
Spy is sapping the tele at spawn. Run to tele exit to try and save.
Fail. Tele is down. Run back to sentry/dispenser in time to see demo medic pair destroy both.
Rage switch to medic.

People seem to forget that Engineers are a high risk high pay class. Like the Medic, it depends a lot of your teammates. When my team see me taking so much heat, and they don't bother I either change classes or stick with gunslinger engi.

Thanksfully, I don't have such problems in Janky-ass most of the time.

Top Bottom