• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Forkball

Thagomizer said:
I dunno if you are being sarcastic, but I genuinely do find behind the scenes stuff to be interesting, even if it's something minor like designing a prop.
It was interesting, but it just seemed to be a bit random. Plus if a big update is tomorrow then they will have to make another blog post, so this one will be forgotten.

Stolen from ned:

From STS:
Building loadout slot
New attributes...
blast damage taken
crits
shots hit
shots fired
damage
captures, defenses, revenge, score
destruction, headshots, playtime

new scammer report feature, allows to send in screenshots of a bad trade and also describe it from in-game.

DnKoD.png

Sianos

SteveWinwood said:
I won't be on from Thursday to Monday... No one will miss me :(
I willllll~

I'm usually not on much during the week either.

EDIT: And then the server crashed. Again. Oh wellllll.

Fun games tonight, not sure who the Harry Potter Heavies were. At least they were dullwitted 3v3 heavies. :p

1up

keiichi said:
Did the GAF server just go boom? :(

We all voted for Hightower and a mod cancelled the vote and then the server changed to the level that wasnt specified annnnd boom.

Javaman

Togglesworlh said:
Back when he was the best engineer on the server, Javaman often built in the strangest places. As long as you don't build stupid (i.e., out in the open, easy to hit from far away), you're fine. And building in those unorthodox positions is often more effective than building in the typical positions because people don't expect them.

As always, experimentation and experience is the key to success. And not using the Wrangler.

Now that he uses the Wrangler, Javaman is not the best.

YOU HEAR THAT JAVAMAN. I'm callin' you out.
Haaha, I almost missed your comment Togglie, I've been avoiding eng usually lately unless it's on steel or gorge offensive. Those two maps are unique in that your entrance is pretty well protected from spies. Meta and the other decent spies make playing engineer at best a chore, and worst an annoying waste of time. With the various spy disguises it's a lot harder to keep things built up unless we have some serious spy chicken. People have now realized how important taking out engineer buildings is so it's harder to keep things built.

I do miss having a pistol, but the wrangler shield is amazing once you learn how to use it. I carry it more so for the shield than the manual aiming (although blue wrangled sentries on the cliff behind cp B going to cp C on steel is a lot of fun). Sure, the gun deactivates for a second while whacking it, but you don't have to wait the whole time for it to reactivate, you can fire it right back up at any time with the wrangler. See it taking too much damage? Hit it with a wrench a couple of times then resume firing a second later. Other sentries would long be dead by then.

Yeef

So the server seems to be crashing on map change, and it looks like we're not the only one having this problem.

Tony Paloma said:
There was a problem where multi-core rendering could cause a crash on map change. We have a fix for at least one instance of this problem going out in the next update.
Tony Paloma is offline Add to Tony Paloma's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote
So, for tonight, it's going to be 24/7 Gorge!

Sianos

Yeef said:
So the server seems to be crashing on map change, and it looks like we're not the only one having this problem.

So, for tonight, it's going to be 24/7 Gorge!
Going to get some much needed rest, you guys enjoy your payload free night without me. Maybe we can have another Gorge night soon? :p

commissar

SteveWinwood said:
The only reason I'm not one is that I'd be too good at it.
SteveWinwood is player of the week!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
commissar said:
WHAT?! time to change that!

there, changed player of the week to n0b...for the glorious sentry on the final point of Gorge...

We had 3 people in there AND a mini, and nobody took them out

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
From the Steam Update:
"- Screenshot Manager updates for upcoming games that provide direct screenshot support"

Likely TF2 will be one of the first Valve games to make use of that feature.

Relax.MX

Two custom maps in a row...nah...im out, see you tomorrow Gaf, pacman and other are cool, but....

Haters gonna hate, i know but nah...

Drkirby said:
From the Steam Update:
"- Screenshot Manager updates for upcoming games that provide direct screenshot support"

thank fucking god

Acerac

Banned
Relax.MX said:
Two custom maps in a row...nah...im out, see you tomorrow Gaf, pacman and other are cool, but....

Haters gonna hate, i know but nah...
Perhaps GAF should be a custom only server. That'll ensure awesome maps get played frequently!

Yeef

Drkirby said:
From the Steam Update:

Not sure why Steam would need a patch for that. It's already in the beta. Whether you press F5 or F12 it'll just do a steam screenshot.

Top Bottom