• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

DarkKyo

Currently working on:
Yzn2V.jpg

r1C20.jpg

Would this interest anyone?

Dechaios said:
Currently working on:
Yzn2V.jpg

r1C20.jpg

Would this interest anyone?

I like it, but it doesn't really work with the hats that sit higher up, like the default or the stovepipe. I don't know why, it just looks weird to me. Also, I think it should sit a little tighter onto his face, like it's wrapped over his eye and not just hanging loosely.

DarkKyo

Thagomizer said:
I like it, but it doesn't really work with the hats that sit higher up, like the default or the stovepipe. I don't know why, it just looks weird to me. Also, I think it should sit a little tighter onto his face, like it's wrapped over his eye and not just hanging loosely.
The idea is that there is a band of cloth hanging around his head, but I know what you mean. As for the default hat, its tricky getting the edge of the cloth tight enough to the face to fit "under" the hat yet being far away enough to hide every bit of the original patchstrap. I'll make it a tiny bit tighter in the next revision.

This is inspired by Demoman 1.0
SIuqu.jpg

It looks like his is a band that hangs out because you can kind of see an edge to the top of the clothband... It is not really "tight" to his face like you describe it should be.

Dechaios said:
The idea is that there is a band of cloth hanging around his head, but I know what you mean. As for the default hat, its tricky getting the edge of the cloth tight enough to the face to fit "under" the hat yet being far away enough to hide every bit of the original patchstrap. I'll make it a tiny bit tighter in the next revision.

This is inspired by Demoman 1.0
SIuqu.jpg

It looks like his is a band that hangs out because you can kind of see an edge to the top of the clothband... It is not really "tight" to his face like you describe it should be.

That's alright. It's my personal preference, but I understand what you are going for. I was assuming you were making a wrap as opposed to something deliberately looser.

DarkKyo

Thagomizer said:
That's alright. It's my personal preference, but I understand what you are going for. I was assuming you were making a wrap as opposed to something deliberately looser.
Hmm.. you've given me something to think about though. A wrap would be pretty neat. I'll gauge some reactions from different forums. Thanks for the input!

XeroSauce

A new medic crossbow:

The Borgelli Ballista
Overheals on ally contact
-25% damage done

Also, Medic crossbows can now headshot for mini-crits.

Yes I woke up at 3:30am to post this.

The Arbalest
Bleed on contact
Repeated hits increase damage/heal
-2 Healing Regen

Hylian7

XeroSauce said:
A new medic crossbow:

The Borgelli Ballista
Overheals on ally contact
-25% damage done

Also, Medic crossbows can now headshot for mini-crits.

Yes I woke up at 3:30am to post this.

The Arbalest
Bleed on contact
Repeated hits increase damage/heal
-2 Healing Regen
What happens if they aren't at full health? Is it just the same as the Crusader Crossbow?

Hylian7

corn_fest said:
I wonder what effect these crashing problems are going to have on the Halloween update.
There will be a special version of the Headless Horseless Horsemann that makes your game crash when he hits you with his axe.

what you don;t know is that this is the Halloween update, what's more terrifying than the the game crashing every 5 minutes?
It's the Crashloween 2011 event!

MrPing1000 said:
One of those classic Valve, crash fixing patch that creates even more crashes.

Been a while since the last one.

haha yeah, was wondering if I had done something if the patch had done something. Probably a bit of both.

Ok. I am relatively new to team fortress 2, since i only started playing it when it became free (and i usually dont use my laptop for gaming).

Yesterday I had the most awesome moment. I was pyro and wanted to get to the cart of the enemies. however there was a soldier firing a rocket at me, while i was jumping and right behind im a heavy that was firing full force. i somewhere read that the pyro can deflect projectiles with the air-shooting-thing and while I was in the air, I deflected the rocket that killed both heavy and soldier. I felt like neo. seriously that was my favourite tf2 moment up until now.

t73fG.jpg

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Damon Bennet said:
Yesterday I had the most awesome moment. I was pyro and wanted to get to the cart of the enemies. however there was a soldier firing a rocket at me, while i was jumping and right behind im a heavy that was firing full force. i somewhere read that the pyro can deflect projectiles with the air-shooting-thing and while I was in the air, I deflected the rocket that killed both heavy and soldier. I felt like neo. seriously that was my favourite tf2 moment up until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9Z6oOFvDk

Damon Bennet said:
Ok. I am relatively new to team fortress 2, since i only started playing it when it became free (and i usually dont use my laptop for gaming).

t73fG.jpg

Now young grass hopper, get a reflected arrow headshot.

I've done it 3 times in over 220 hours of pyro, good luck and all 3 were against the sniper that fired it. Reflected arrow headshot that isn't the sniper, is the holy grail of reflects

fallout

Damon Bennet said:

http://i.imgur.com/t73fG.jpg
In many hours of Pyro play, I don't even think I've been able to reflect a single rocket. I can never get the timing right.

Yeef

Blizzard said:
Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking of.

I should really try some pyro dodgeball servers again and try to learn to airblast.
Being the narcissist that I am, I thought of this immediately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT0ZP_aVmGw&hd=1

MrPing1000 said:

I've done it 3 times in over 220 hours of pyro, good luck and all 3 were against the sniper that fired it. Reflected arrow headshot that isn't the sniper, is the holy grail of reflects
Reflected arrow headshots are generally pretty easy to do against bad players, but unless you're trying to be fancy it makes more sense to axstinguish them. The trick is to airblast them. Most huntsman players are bad, so they're instinct is to release int eh air, but they can't to that. The game will make them immediately release when they hit the ground, which makes reflecting easy.

Also, more narcissism!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJb6Vbeku8&hd=1

[EDIT]
fallout said:
In many hours of Pyro play, I don't even think I've been able to reflect a single rocket. I can never get the timing right.
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/138621

Set "fakelag" in console to half of whatever your normal ping is to make it realistic. Also, the area with 2 soldiers shooting at once is the best.

MrPing1000 said:

Try reflect flaregun kills against a different Pyro.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Say you guys had a relatively large amount of refined, how would you invest it?

Barter for Bitcoins, then cash those out for 40 cents. Proposition a prostitute to hold your hand for seven seconds in exchange for the 40 cents so you'll at least know what real human contact feels like before you die.

Or just craft a gun to shoot yourself in the head with.

Yeef

Thagomizer said:
ughhh I'm trying to activate an idle account and it won't let me add funds
You're limited to using the same payment account to 2 steam accounts per x days. What x is, I don't know, but you can either wait a week or two and try again or use PayPal, a different card or some other payment method.

Thagomizer said:
ughhh I'm trying to activate an idle account and it won't let me add funds
note you can only use a credit card number or account on to steam accounts, after that you have to use different payment methods.

i used virtual credit cards my bank account allowed me to use. :)

Grrrrr..... Somehow my server blacklist got deleted again. Being sent to nighteam servers and shit. UGH. Time to spend an hour adding servers again...

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Grrrrr..... Somehow my server blacklist got deleted again. Being sent to nighteam servers and shit. UGH. Time to spend an hour adding servers again...
I think the matchmaking just ignores your black list. I've gotten sent to night team servers, quit, and checked my blacklist and they were still there.

Server side crash update: Changed sv_pure to 0, the server has stopped crashing on the use of certain loadout items.

Client side: Suggested to users that they close Steam and delete:

- ClientRegistry.blob
- the contents of C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\bin
- the contents of C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\materials\temp
- Custom HUD/Player models
=/

Top Bottom