• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

DarkKyo

dTZAX.jpg

Proven

Blizzard said:
The problem is that in most any situation, wartime has 2 crit stickies on the ground and a third en route through the air, plus random rockets. Overheal means at least one person might survive the massacre, but by using quick fix you have effectively become an accomplice. You murderer.
GAF server has had three Medics running Krtiz on offense with Java leading the charge. This server makes the impossible possible, mostly because of jank.

Acerac

Banned
Obsessed said:
And for FUCKS SAKE MEDICS STOP USING THE QUICK FIX/KRITZKREIG when we need to take down a sentry nest. It was either that those mediguns suck for taking down level 3's with an engineer securely tending to them, or the recipients of those ubercharges sucked at using them.
Yeah I just use the medigun in almost any situation.

Who gives a shit if your ubers charge faster if the person you are healing dies the moment you pop the uber?
divisionbyzorro said:
From what I've learned while playing on GAF servers, what works for Java doesn't work for mere mortals. He could probably carry an entire team using only Amputator taunts.
I can totally see the draw to the Blutsauger, and I will use it if I ever go Medic on a Valve server, but I prefer healing teammates to myself as long as they're competent. Thankfully I only use the class on JankyGAF.
speedpop said:
The Blutsauger is the bread and butter of Medic survival, even though it's great to dash in for a well-aimed melee hit. I think I recently topped my 4 kills with a single life on it and it now stands at an impossibly reachable 6 these days :( A lot of players underestimate the potential of it.
6 kills doesn't seem very impressive for any class other than medic. The only time I'd bother with it is when I don't have any team mates worth healing, every other time I'd just prefer to use them as cover and grab a quick health pack, it's not like they're rare.
Dreams-Visions said:
When my Uber charge his 98%, it's time to start moving unless there is an obvious reason to wait. It's almost always that simple.

But keep in mind how long the charge is going to last. the goal isn't to die in a firefight after the uber runs out. It's always better to back down and retreat than to be out of the game completely for the next 15 seconds.
I wish it were that simple. Some people get it. Others feel the need to retreat for no reason. It freaks me out. >_<

Yeef

I think it's a decent hat, but it doesn't really fit the scout. It'd look better on just about any other class. Heavy would probably be best.

Zel3

That hat is tempting. With such a short pre-prder time left it might be rare.

Oh and you get a game too, I suppose that's nice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I'd email Valve and/or the ELTF2 people to get it shorted out. At the very least, you, Neroh, ReRexio and sakura are in the screenshots there.
On the Steam message boards, the ETF2L people have said the script is still going though everyone, and to email them if there is any problem. I have posted in their topic about it, but I'll wait till they confirm they have passed out all the medals.

Sgt.Pepper said:
It might become valuable, the game cost $40 and there's only one day left to pre-order...
It will be rare because that game doesn't look very interesting to me...but the hat even less so. I can't see a hat this underwhelming being particularly valuable. But who knows.

Quick fix isn't my first choice but if you're using it under the right conditions it can make your team ridiculously overpowered. It's pretty bad at pushing a team back, but if your allies know when to back away from a fight the enemies won't be able to gain any ground without an uber of their own. For it's uber I use it to quickly heal multiple people. It can easily refresh your entire team if you use it right so I feel like it's wasted on just one person.

As for attacking sentries, while ubered move closer to the sentry so you draw it's fire. Makes it much easier for the patient to have a clean shot.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Dreams-Visions said:
It will be rare because that game doesn't look very interesting to me...but the hat even less so. I can't see a hat this underwhelming being particularly valuable. But who knows.

Besides, it'll probably be craftable/droppable like all the post-Genuine promo hats anyway.

Yeef

So, it looks like I may have been able to fix the stats api plugin. What does that mean? Scramble based on stats rank should be working. it turned out that, when connecting to external locations, our server host uses a different IP than the game server uses. The API plugin just spit out a generic "Could Not Connect to Database" error, whereas the new map rate plugin actually prints the mysql error. Speaking of which...

I also installed the new map rating plugin. Once you've played a map for at least 3 minutes during your respawn time the server will ask you to rate the map from 1 to 5 (1 being awful, 5 being awesome).

Nothing will be done with the rating for the time being, but down the line I plan on setting it so that higher rated maps are more likely to come up in votes (this is easy and would only take a few minutes, but I'd rather wait for a bunch of ratings to already exist before implementing it). And also having the average map rating shown up on the map's stat page. I also plan on weeding out the custom maps with really bad ratings eventually.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560917821092703999/09291E5E7E8914849E8562B97F789F75FF53DD29/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560917821092704676/A1D37B1FA5280B90EDCC3CE17655009A239BA32F/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560917821092705314/A320A72141922510FE0DEB633F95D419B5F5F5DC/

Prodigal

Banned
Anyone's game been running kinda jankily lately? Seems like over the last few days my guy and other people's characters have been acting a little laggy every minute or two for a second, but not like latency or a frame drop. It'll almost feel like I bumped into a spy because my game will hitch for a second...I didn't change any setting on anything though, so I'm hoping it's something that happened from the b-day patch. Other people for example will jump and they'll kinda pause and land back down in the spot they were heading.

Anyway, when you guys idle, do you just open a training match and leave it open? And with multiple accounts do you have to use more than one comp? I didn't think you could have 2 Steam accounts logged in on the same comp.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
fallengorn said:
The conversion to F2P MMORPG is almost complete.

GLF Medic for Hgh Twr

"Is QuickFix medic okay?" ;)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef, would it be possible to make it not allow you to rate till after the first round? 3 Minutes isn't really a lot of time to decide.

For idleing, I usually just do offline practice with bots, but the last time it didn't seem to be working right, so I went "old school" and just signed into idling servers. If you want to do all the accounts in one pass, rather then in bits over time, a virtualzation program would be best. Ether VMWare, or something like Sandboxie.

Clydefrog

TF2 is already a MMORPG, sillies!

- 9 different classes to choose from.
- Customize each class with varying weapons and armor, each with specific stats.
- Items can level up based on experience points gained on them (strange weps)
- Items drop as randomized loot.
- You can purchase and/or find rare items in-game for real cash.

Man, the Blutsauger kills. Just tore up a couple matches as a battle medic and ended up racking up a good amount of kills and a ton of assists. People don't really expect a medic to sneak up on them so I kept getting the drop on the enemies after I overhealed everyone near me.

A question though, how effective is the amputator taunt? Because I'm trying to figure out which melee weapon I should stick with. I like the one that stores 20% is great for the Kritz/Quick Fix and I like the Uber Saw with my standard Medigun. If that taunt works well I may switch it up though.

XeroSauce

Clydefrog said:
TF2 is already a MMORPG, sillies!

- 9 different classes to choose from.
- Customize each class with varying weapons and armor, each with specific stats.
- Items can level up based on experience points gained on them (strange weps)
- Items drop as randomized loot.
- You can purchase and/or find rare items in-game for real cash.

I need NPCs!
And quests!

Meanwhile, me and Jackfrost tearing up No Heroes server...or rather, getting pubstomped by a bunch of donators.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Yeef, would it be possible to make it not allow you to rate till after the first round? 3 Minutes isn't really a lot of time to decide.
Nope. All you can do is change the time, but you can rerate a map anytime so it's not really a problem. The way it works, once you've played a map it automatically sets your rating for it at 3. Typing !maprate into chat let's you rate the current map. Typing !maprating will let you go through all the maps you've played on and rerate them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tkawsome said:
A question though, how effective is the amputator taunt? Because I'm trying to figure out which melee weapon I should stick with. I like the one that stores 20% is great for the Kritz/Quick Fix and I like the Uber Saw with my standard Medigun. If that taunt works well I may switch it up though.

IIRC it's something like two +20 ticks, it may vary based on classes. But personally, I find the AOE heal to be very situational and would recommend you stick with one of the other two bone saws. Not only is the heal really situational, but you're extremely vulnerable during the 4-5 seconds the taunt lasts.

It's just not worth it imo.

I would pair the saw with the syringe gun over the medigun. Specifically, don't use the vita-saw with the blutsauger; maybe it's just me, but the lower life paired with the lower regeneration is killer.

Yeef

The amputator heal works just like the medigun heal, in that the amount it heals is based on how recently the target has taken damage. If they've just taken damage it heals 25 health. If they haven't taken damage in a while the healing maxes out at 75 health. I don't really use it much, but back when it was first released I found that it was best to use it just after a battle, while your team was regrouping.

XeroSauce said:
I need NPCs!
And quests!

Meanwhile, me and Jackfrost tearing up No Heroes server...or rather, getting pubstomped by a bunch of donators.

Yeah I begged AD for a lil help but he was too busy trying to cop a hat :/
We got a good pair right after you left (think they were friends cause they babbled on mic the whole time) and played Harvest. I played like 5 matches there and we won like 4.

divisionbyzorro said:
I would pair the saw with the syringe gun over the medigun. Specifically, don't use the vita-saw with the blutsauger; maybe it's just me, but the lower life paired with the lower regeneration is killer.

Good point, I always forget about the negative aspects of the weapons.

Gav47

Holy shit, I just had a Masters Yellow Belt and a Pocket Medic drop within an hour between each other. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Top Bottom