• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

yeoz

Yeef said:
Putting -autoexec in your start options will reset TF2 to it's default settings. Then just go into Video options and set everything to the recommended settings.

Don't forget to take -autoexec out of the launch options afterward.
I think you mean -autoconfig

Acerac said:
I'll be sure to get on that... first thing tomorrow. 4am is a bit late to be wrestling with TF2 settings.
If it's the problem I think it is -- where your old config files are being downloaded from the cloud after a clean install -- you may want to take the following steps:
  1. in steam settings, turn off steam cloud sync
  2. delete all the cfg files from the tf folder (edit: in fact, you may want to just delete the tf folder, and have steam recreate it)
  3. launch tf2 with -autoconfig, and reconfigure your video settings as needed
  4. take out -autoconfig
  5. turn cloud sync back on
  6. launch tf2, and when prompted, upload your current config to the cloud

Every single time I play with GAF, I always get the Most Sandviches Eaten award.

From taunting with the Sandvich incessantly during startup.

And I only played Heavy for about five minutes yesterday.

EDIT: I also apparently had the most Nine-Iron kills (8) and Holy Mackerel kills (3) yesterday, in my 30 total minutes of playing. Those are apparently not very popular weapons.

Zel3

lol-4.png

i like how everyone started to freak out when they saw that lol.

Proven

divisionbyzorro said:
We need to play more PLR so we can downrank it even further }:-(
PLR is awesome for the same reason CTF is awesome, and therefore most people suck at it for the same reasons as well: division of labor.

Although I'll downrank Pipeline. Can't stand them Snipers.

Proven said:
PLR is awesome for the same reason CTF is awesome, and therefore most teams suck at it for the same reasons as well: division of labor.

Fixed (?). In my experience, it's the team communication that breaks down and ruins PLR and CTF. Either everybody wants to play offense or everybody wants to play defense, and the result is generally a stalemate.

divisionbyzorro said:
Fixed (?). In my experience, it's the team communication that breaks down and ruins PLR and CTF. Either everybody wants to play offense or everybody wants to play defense, and the result is generally a stalemate.

I find that stalemate or long matches generally only affect Hightower. All the other official plr maps are over much quicker.

Blizzard

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
I find that stalemate or long matches generally only affect Hightower. All the other official plr maps are over much quicker.
If I recall correctly, pipeline used to take FOREVER. That was updated to actually have new routes/doors/whatever, however, which may help offset the lack of a time limit.

Acerac

Banned
Thanks again Yeoz and Yeef, but unfortunately none of this has fixed my absurd ping in this game.

Extremely discouraging.

Worse yet, I still can't get sprays to work with any consistency. I'm confident I'm doing everything correctly, but when I have a spray loaded and I go in to a map the spray doesn't work 9 times out of 10, and when I go to settings to change up the spray I'm presented with an empty box instead of the spray I wanted. In addition, it doesn't let me change up the spray as the dropdown menu displays no text and won't let me browse my sprays. It remains this way til I close down the game and open it again, at which point the cycle repeats.

Oh well, at least I can alt+tab out of the game without the game freezing now. That's something.

*Edit*

OK I fixed everything right after I said that and I don't understand how.

I don't care either!

*Edit 2*

OK the sprays are working very inconsistently, and that problem I had with the spray not working and the dropdown menu disappearing is still there. Has anyone had any similar problems? It's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to know.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we'll have a big send off for you back to school scrubs this wknd, and I'll get a gift for the server...and not give any to that traitorous Canadian bastard! :mad:

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anyone else ever had a problem where they have sprays enabled, and when they hover over them in-game they see "sprayed by..." like they should, but the actual sprays are invisible? Its been bugging me for the longest time.

Clydefrog

The_Technomancer said:
Anyone else ever had a problem where they have sprays enabled, and when they hover over them in-game they see "sprayed by..." like they should, but the actual sprays are invisible? Its been bugging me for the longest time.

Yeah, but that's basically dependant on the server I'm on. Some servers have sprays disabled and that's exactly what happens to me on those servers when I try to spray my good ole sheep.

The_Technomancer said:

You have a autoexec enabled? if not check in your advanced settings (i just went through this like 2 days ago).

Last point engies are really pissing me off today....we do not need 3 sentries at the very end of the map, at the very beginning of the round, for you to babysit for the next 10 minutes while your team is getting destroyed.

I know TF2 isn't a bench mark game but after playing it on my old rig at low settings and the finally being able to play it at max was beautiful.

I didn't know the bloom for Fetti was so big!

vehn

Rickenslacker said:
In an hour or two.

cool thanks!

Do you have to be a premium member to get drops on an alt account? Ie. Can I make a new account, text idle him without having gone into game or anything, and still get drops?

vehn said:
cool thanks!

Do you have to be a premium member to get drops on an alt account? Ie. Can I make a new account, text idle him without having gone into game or anything, and still get drops?
Free accounts still get drops as far as I can remember, but free accounts can't give items in a trade, only receive. So whatever you get is staying on that account until you upgrade.

divisionbyzorro said:
Nothing more frustrating than topping the leaderboard - of the losing team - repeatedly. Ugh.

Was happening to me yesterday. Personally I'm cool with it, I'm not too concerned with "winning" as much as doing a good job. If I have a score better or close to the winning team, I see that as a personal victory.

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
Well, we'll have a big send off for you back to school scrubs this wknd, and I'll get a gift for the server...and not give any to that traitorous Canadian bastard! :mad:
Kuro's geting me a present? Aww...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm experiencing a strange latency issue with the game.

Ever since Hurricane Irene hit us (NYC), my ping for every server in the game has sky-rocketed to 100+. Even servers that are located right near me my ping is very high. This has been going on since Sunday. However, this morning I decided to launch the game just to see what the servers looked like, and surprisingly everything was normal. Ping was in the low teens for most servers. And so I check now, 10 PM, once more, and the 100+ ping is back.

The hell is going on?

Proven

MrOogieBoogie said:
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm experiencing a strange latency issue with the game.

Ever since Hurricane Irene hit us (NYC), my ping for every server in the game has sky-rocketed to 100+. Even servers that are located right near me my ping is very high. This has been going on since Sunday. However, this morning I decided to launch the game just to see what the servers looked like, and surprisingly everything was normal. Ping was in the low teens for most servers. And so I check now, 10 PM, once more, and the 100+ ping is back.

The hell is going on?
Probably an ISP issue. I'm in NYC too, but all I got was 12 hours of power outage; everything else worked fine. This means you can probably call them, but otherwise you're stuck waiting.

In other news, I'm never using auto-join for the GAF server while on another server ever again.

Yeef

56 minutes of Thunder Mountain. I love that map, but you guys need to not vote for it so early in the night. >:|

Acerac

Banned
Great games tonight everyone. Thanks again to Yeef and Yeoz for your suggestions on how to get my game working correctly, it's nice to be able to use soldier again. :)

Proven

Shin Johnpv said:
Fun fun fun games tonight everyone!

Damn Relax you're a good sniper, you killed me so many damn times.
It was worst for me. Most of the times he killed me right after I spotted him. And he killed poor TK once or twice just for following me. And being a Medic.

Also, for the longest time I've never gotten Dance, Dance, Immolation, the Pyro achievement that asks you to provide a deathcam for each of your weapon taunts. Basically, I had 2 out of 3 and I couldn't tell which was left, and I eventually forgot about.

Pariah goes and kills me right after I hit him with a crit flare. He's burning out, doing the shotgun taunt. He dies while I'm still respawning, and I get the achievement. Crazy bug. But thanks!

Thoraxes

Sgt.Pepper said:
How the fuck can people turn a demoknight charge? I can't get that to turn at all.
It's more like laying out the lane of a giant Slip n' Slide in front of you.
You have a certain range you can work within, and you can turn hard enough that you'll scrape off of things to hit others.

Also I was doing good tonight.
You all died gloriously in my explosions.

Proven said:
It was worst for me. Most of the times he killed me right after I spotted him. And he killed poor TK once or twice just for following me. And being a Medic.

I was asking for it. I got cocky after some good public matches so I needed to be knocked down a peg.

Top Bottom