• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Dear GAF:

If you've never played cp_steel and don't know how to navigate it, please fire up a custom match and walk around the map. Or better yet, find a 24/7 Steel server and play a few rounds. Yes, it's confusing and hard to understand at first (pro tip - Red Team, go left out of spawn to find point A), but if you play a few times you'll figure it out enough to not be a drag on your team. Nothing is more irritating than trying to defend E while half of your team is wandering around C...

Forkball

I got a 5 MB update. CS also updated so I assume it's just a Source fix.

AND PORTAL 2 GOT UPDATED FOR THE UPCOMING DLC OH MY GOD

the_mystery_meat_by_ducksink-d48b6rv.png

halloween%20poster.png

balefulbeacon.png

WmNAS.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Real in the sense they are actual models. They aren't in the game though, just stuff submitted by the community.

divisionbyzorro said:
I would pair the saw with the syringe gun over the medigun. Specifically, don't use the vita-saw with the blutsauger; maybe it's just me, but the lower life paired with the lower regeneration is killer.

Which syringe gun would you pair with the Vitasaw?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yeah what the hell, I put my diaper on ready to settle in to a nice long night of TF2, and everyone takes off!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just dabbled quickly with the Quick-Fix, though with no audio and no mic, and I love it. Highly situational as with every other alternative weapon but damn it is bordering upon overpowered at times. Was holding a corner at Badwater with a Soldier and 2 Demos and nothing was getting through, not even their attempts at Pyro & Heavy Ubers.

Once I have a free day off I'll have to put everything in proper for some fun sorties.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
speedpop said:
Just dabbled quickly with the Quick-Fix, though with no audio and no mic, and I love it. Highly situational as with every other alternative weapon but damn it is bordering upon overpowered at times. Was holding a corner at Badwater with a Soldier and 2 Demos and nothing was getting through, not even their attempts at Pyro & Heavy Ubers.

Once I have a free day off I'll have to put everything in proper for some fun sorties.
Imagine if they had +50% health.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
JackEtc said:
Hnnng, I really wanna wanna play, but I can't now that I started up school again. :(

I'm gonna miss you guys.

Word, I only have time to play TF2 on the weekends.

;_;

Thankfully school for me just started and the courses are covering shit I already learned in High School. I estimate I have a week or so until I have to cut back on TF2 time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
speedpop said:

Wasn't quick shits, they just sucked.

It's hard to seed a server when it's on a goddamn custom or when a plr comes up.

I had to harass twice and only got 6 people. And another who said no to custom map. Thank god kirby was there to change to steel that one time even if he's the only heavy i've killed numerous times with him using sascha and me natascha and him shooting me first...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually, most of the time you were shooting first, and had a pocket medic.

But I was the only heavy, my team just could not hold at all. I wanted to try and set up an engineer nest, but the team couldn't stop the push for everything, so I swapped between Heavy and then Demo.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Drkirby said:
Actually, most of the time you were shooting first, and had a pocket medic.

But I was the only heavy, my team just could not hold.
Couple times I didn't, and you should remember I told people not to go med and not to heal me. You just got some baaaaaaaaaaaad luck.

And who the hell interrupts a boxing match between gentlemen? I'll get you back you English bastard! Hit mr. fucking fish and chips 3 times and he random uppercut/crits me twice. Another time I had the crit and he still turned and got a lucky one in time.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hit mr. fucking fish and chips 3 times and he random uppercut/crits me twice. Another time I had the crit and he still turned and got a lucky one in time.

This reminds me, I would like to put forward an appeal to enable nocrits during Medieval Mode.

Proven

speedpop said:

Another one with enlightenment.

Hazaro said:
Imagine if they had +50% health.
Imagine the more realistic scenario of one with +50% health, one with maybe +25%, and the other with -25% or so because you can't heal fast enough. And that's before the reflects and the ubers come in. Overheal can't beat ubers, Overcharge can.

ArtistDude88 said:
This reminds me, I would like to put forward an appeal to enable nocrits during Medieval Mode.
Thirded. To this day I will always switch from a server if a medieval map comes up.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
I'm all for no crits on arena. Medieval mode though, I'm torn on. Since demoknights, snipers and heavies are the only ones that can force crits it'd just tip things even more in their favor.

XeroSauce

Grimm Fandango said:

That Sniper was one of the most useless Snipers I've ever seen. He missed every shot because he refused to aim at anything besides the one point where a enemy might run through.

Heavy literally a few feet away? No way, gotta keep this spot clear.

Acerac

Banned
XeroSauce said:
That Sniper was one of the most useless Snipers I've ever seen. He missed every shot because he refused to aim at anything besides the one point where a enemy might run through.

Heavy literally a few feet away? No way, gotta keep this spot clear.
Oh thank god, when you said the most useless sniper ever I thought you meant me. At least I occasionally get lucky with the huntsman. Funny video. Thankfully it's 3 strikes before you're out.

Another night, another 300+ ping connection. This is getting ridiculous. I'll probably reinstall the game overnight, see if that fixes anything. Either that or I'll go perma engy/medic. I'm sure people want to see more mini sentries on this server.

I love the new rating system. Finally a chance to show just how bad most of the custom maps are. The only downside is when people downvote my precious precious Degroot.

Acerac

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
Perhaps unplug your modem and router for a bit, Acerac? When I have funky internet goings on, I do this.
Tried it, and unfortunately it doesn't help. I recently picked up a new router in fact, and when I do ping tests on websites it always shows up as sub 100 which is where I need to be to play competently. The odd part is that when I suffer through the 300-400 ping for a half hour or so it tends to drop to more playable levels.

How does one go about reinstalling Steam games, for reference? There doesn't seem to be an option on the launcher.

*Edit*

Got it. Now for the ridiculously large reinstall. Wish me luck.

Acerac

Banned
I reinstalled the game completely from scratch and the mod I did earlier to the game still remained, so nothing was fixed.

Fuck.

Does anyone know off hand how to restore TF2 to fresh install? I can't remember the exact name of it, but the thing I'm trying to rid myself of is the high fps mod that was posted a few weeks ago. I figure if I can go from a clean install I can work from there, but as it was posted weeks ago I don't remember how to get at the modification to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeef

Acerac said:
I reinstalled the game completely from scratch and the mod I did earlier to the game still remained, so nothing was fixed.

Fuck.

Does anyone know off hand how to restore TF2 to fresh install? I can't remember the exact name of it, but the thing I'm trying to rid myself of is the high fps mod that was posted a few weeks ago. I figure if I can go from a clean install I can work from there, but as it was posted weeks ago I don't remember how to get at the modification to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Putting -autoexec in your start options will reset TF2 to it's default settings. Then just go into Video options and set everything to the recommended settings.

Don't forget to take -autoexec out of the launch options afterward.

Acerac

Banned
You're awesome Yeef. I'll be sure to get on that... first thing tomorrow. 4am is a bit late to be wrestling with TF2 settings.

As a sidenote, it seems I've had some success getting sprays working (inconsistently) after weeks of attempts. Unfortunately the hovy wopons guy posted a while back is too low quality, and therefore practically unusable. Oh well, I'll figure out something.

Top Bottom