• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sorry I left so early this evening. I wasn't really feeling TF2 as it was, and metaphorically had already gotten some (imo) bullshit kills on me throughout the hour, but when he got an ambassador headshot from all the way across the room in gorge I just said fuck it and ragequit.

Acerac

Banned
I can totally understand Zero, I was feeling the same way when that sunbitch facestabbed me multiple times. The worst part is when I know he's there and I'm actively attacking him, yet he still manages to backstab me.

Killing some non-ridiculous spies as a medic calmed me down pretty quickly however. It's amazing how easy they are to take down when Meta is your standard for the class.

After that it was pretty smooth sailing. It's amazing how quickly I've been able to get decent enough at medic to get a 1:1 uber:death ratio off fairly consistently on most maps. Not gonna lie though, the obliviousness of some of my teammates who I was healing got old pretty damned quick, but I'm developing a list of GAFfers who are worth pocketing.

That's the nice thing about medic, no matter how much somebody cries for healing, you have absolutely no obligation to give them shit if they won't help you when you need it (or if they attack your spray pre-match :p). Healing good teammates on the other hand can be a wonderful thing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Watched a few of Metaphorically's Spy videos on youtube and he seems easy enough to kill. Uses a lot of the same paths, decloaks in the same areas, doesn't shoot at all when blending in with the opposition. What you need is a proper Spy-checking Pyro.

The problem with being a Spy-checking Pyro is that you forsake a lot of bullshit for the objective of protecting the team; the only time you will get killed is when you move out of support and actively hunt the Spy down. Saw a few too many Pyros getting killed by standing still and not spraying everywhere. All you need is a Pyro who plays like a Medic (i.e. constantly on the move, observant) but keeps their back to the wall during downtime. Also the flanks are exposed and CP maps are a nightmare at times.

The good side of that is you dominate the Spies even though you will be mid-tier on the scoresheet. Also even though the Spy will decloak to get a few headshots with their revolvers if they know they can't get too close to the nucleus due to the Pyro, it gives them up and any teammate can usually find the source of the shots from the sound.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
speedpop said:
Watched a few of Metaphorically's Spy videos on youtube and he seems easy enough to kill. Uses a lot of the same paths, decloaks in the same areas, doesn't shoot at all when blending in with the opposition. What you need is a proper Spy-checking Pyro.

The problem with being a Spy-checking Pyro is that you forsake a lot of bullshit for the objective of protecting the team; the only time you will get killed is when you move out of support and actively hunt the Spy down. Saw a few too many Pyros getting killed by standing still and not spraying everywhere. All you need is a Pyro who plays like a Medic (i.e. constantly on the move, observant) but keeps their back to the wall during downtime. Also the flanks are exposed and CP maps are a nightmare at times.

The good side of that is you dominate the Spies even though you will be mid-tier on the scoresheet. Also even though the Spy will decloak to get a few headshots with their revolvers if they know they can't get too close to the nucleus due to the Pyro, it gives them up and any teammate can usually find the source of the shots from the sound.
You can play soldier and do everything and actually help your team
zing

Argh, I have such a love/hate relationship with the matchmaking servers. It's fun to kick ass and get a ridiculous amount of points, but man I getting to the point where I loathe the people on them. I can understand there's new people, but goddamn. When I take the time to explain something, then totally ignore it... Just really grinds my gears.

Like just now... I was Demo, and the opposite team had 3 sentries I could of easily taken out. I told the Medic on my team I could really use the uber. He gives it to the Heavy, who doesn't kill shit. Next time I say that I could make better use of the uber than the Heavy because I know where the sentries are, etc, etc. He gives it to the Heavy again. Then again. And again. Finally a Spy saps their shit and I quickly ran in and blew them up. Proceeded to cap point, and left the server with twice as many points as anyone else.

ArtistDude88 said:
Argh, I have such a love/hate relationship with the matchmaking servers. It's fun to kick ass and get a ridiculous amount of points, but man I getting to the point where I loathe the people on them. I can understand there's new people, but goddamn. When I take the time to explain something, then totally ignore it... Just really grinds my gears.

Wow when i was knew i took all the advice i could
i quote ron burgundy "The times are a changin"

Javaman

Blizzard said:
Steel is probably one of my favorite maps, but it's also the most soul-crushing if:

1. Java is scout-rushing E the whole map, and everyone follows him because they like him (if it doesn't work at the start it almost certainly won't work as you point out) or,

That doesn't sound like me at all. The only times I attack E are when the other point is completely shutdown or for a laugh. In the former I'll hit up E to take some heat off of A or B if we aren't making any progress.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Metaphorically just needs a good arrow in the head it sounds like. or for people to be more aware of their surroundings, but that will never happen.

idiotseply.jpg

Needless to say I carried this team (Tang had just joined, so he's exempt!). After this round, the teams were scrambled. But the funny thing was, whenever there were 4 Snipers or 4 Spies, I'd yell. "I'M GOING TO BE THE 5TH SPY/SNIPER!". Then I'd go out and slaughter everyone. I ended the map with 198 points, pfft.

If there were 4 Demos I would of went 5th Demo! But if we had 4 Demos instead of 4 Snipers or Spies, then we would of probably won a lot quicker in the first place.

ArtistDude88 said:
If there were 4 Demos I would of went 5th Demo! But if we had 4 Demos instead of 4 Snipers or Spies, then we would of probably won a lot quicker in the first place.

I just recently started playing. Been experimenting with demo sword swinging. Got something like 10-14 heads on my claymore and was an unstoppable pug slaying beast.

speedpop said:

I really think that Valve needs to reward spy-checking Pyros more. A single point for exposing an enemy spy using fire would probably be enough. Although, the bonus point for extinguishing teammates doesn't typically convince pyros to puff me out on a regular basis so...maybe not. :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
divisionbyzorro said:
I really think that Valve needs to reward spy-checking Pyros more. A single point for exposing an enemy spy using fire would probably be enough. Although, the bonus point for extinguishing teammates doesn't typically convince pyros to puff me out on a regular basis so...maybe not. :/
I think valve needs to make flame crit spies more...

ArtistDude88 said:
http://www.abload.de/img/idiotseply.jpg[IMG]

Needless to say I carried this team (Tang had just joined, so he's exempt!). After this round, the teams were scrambled. But the funny thing was, whenever there were 4 Snipers or 4 Spies, I'd yell. "I'M GOING TO BE THE 5TH SPY/SNIPER!". Then I'd go out and slaughter everyone. I ended the map with 198 points, pfft.[/QUOTE]

yeah i remember that when u ended i had like half your points
[spoiler]As always[/spoiler]

sixghost

divisionbyzorro said:
I always extinguish people :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
divisionbyzorro said:
I extinguish people!

The_Technomancer said:
I extinguish people!

any 1/2 decent pyro would...I find it hard to believe a pyro on gaf server wouldn't extinguish or spy check (unless outta ammo which happens sometimes w/backburner).
You need to update the tf2 price spreadsheet link they redirect now.

JackFrost said:
any 1/2 decent pyro would...I find it hard to believe a pyro on gaf server wouldn't extinguish or spy check (unless outta ammo which happens sometimes w/backburner).
You need to update the tf2 price spreadsheet link they redirect now.

Playing on korean server from here. I'm amazed by how people ditch the Pyro. I'm always the only one. Worst, I don't think they are aware that they can airblast stuff.

Sianos

Regarding Meta, I'm pretty good about finding him and other spies (read: I run around as Scout and shoot everyone), but once I do he either pulls off a crazy voodoo magic facestab or just dead ringers away and runs to whatever heal and ammo pack that I'm not checking. :(

UnluckyKate said:
Playing on korean server from here. I'm amazed by how people ditch the Pyro. I'm always the only one. Worst, I don't think they are aware that they can airblast stuff.

Ive been playing on valve servers (or wherever play now PL dumps me) and tbh im tired of playing pyro but no1 wants to play her. after getting backstabbed and watching the whole team get stabbed right after kinda forces my hand and i hate it (i dont mind pyro, but ive been trying my ass off to learn demo). everyone wants to be sniper/spy.....meh guess thats what all the cool kids are doing....idk

JackFrost said:
Ive been playing on valve servers (or wherever play now PL dumps me) and tbh im tired of playing pyro but no1 wants to play her. after getting backstabbed and watching the whole team get stabbed right after kinda forces my hand and i hate it (i dont mind pyro, but ive been trying my ass off to learn demo). everyone wants to be sniper/spy.....meh guess thats what all the cool kids are doing....idk

Yep. Everyone wants to be Sniper or Spy. Regardless if you're offense or defense.

RhXfe.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeef said:
Some tips for playing Steel (and TF2 in general).
  • Last, but not least, I hate you all. <:(
<3
<3
<3

Sianos

Hooray, most scattergun kills and most flag caps. I feel special.

Also, I was the one person killed by the overdose, haha.

ArtistDude88 said:
Yep. Everyone wants to be Sniper or Spy. Regardless if you're offense or defense.

If I'm playing against a team with four snipers and four (bad) spies it is great fun running around the map killing them, especially with no sentries around to ruin my fun. The spies are all obvious and get extremely mad when you find them and the snipers all stand in the same spot no matter how many times I ambush them.

If I'm playing on a team with four snipers and four spies it's time to try a different server.

Except for on Jank when at least two of our spies are Meta. :p

The_Technomancer said:
Steel feels so limiting to me. Its one giant series of choke points.

Really? That isn't my problem with steel. My problem with steel is that it seems many new players don't know the alphabet or can't read a fucking map.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
wartime1020 said:
Really? That isn't my problem with steel. My problem with steel is that it seems many new players don't know the alphabet or can't read a fucking map.
shaddap and get killed by me more!

JackFrost said:
People want either to show their leet aiming skillz or try to show their mastery of backstabbering instead of working as a team and winning. Why do you think 2fort is so popular?

Sgt.Pepper said:
People want either to show their leet aiming skillz or try to show their mastery of backstabbering instead of working as a team and winning. Why do you think 2fort is so popular?

Don't worry after you kill half a dozen of them in one go the entire server will switch to your class.

HeadlessRoland said:
Don't worry after you kill half a dozen of them in one go the entire server will switch to your class.
That too. I was dominating as a Pyro and then there were other 4 pyros. The only class people don't change to is Medic. Probably the most important class in the damn game lol.

Kuro Madoushi said:
It's not just the douche ringer...it's the douche ringer plus that terrible Saharan Spy Set that negates the popping sound. I was healing a heavy who gunned one of those bastards down...he wasn't even wearing a disguise! Wouldn't you know it, the spy 'decloaks' just a few feet away from him (and heavy can't hear it) and stabs him in the back.

I'm sure there will be more updates, but I just hate it when there are weapons with 'clear' advantages as to replace vanilla and other sets. That goddamn gun and it's useless 'take longer to cloak' means nothing to the douche.

At least you can't use The Enforcer and the Saharan Spy set at the same time.

Forkball

Everyone is praising Meta, and he's a great spy, but Artist is the original rage-inducing spy. A few days ago we were on Barnblitz, he joins the last point on defense, and then he jumped to the top of the scoreboard with like 40 points in a mere matter of minutes. Plus Big Kill > Enforcer.

Forkball said:
Everyone is praising Meta, and he's a great spy, but Artist is the original rage-inducing spy. A few days ago we were on Barnblitz, he joins the last point on defense, and then he jumped to the top of the scoreboard with like 40 points in a mere matter of minutes. Plus Big Kill > Enforcer.

Metaphorically works magic with the shitty knife/backstab hitboxes. He's the only spy I've ever seen that could manage to backstab you while you are facing directly at him.

What pisses me off is that I'll be a Medic, and I fucking notice him. If by some miracle another team member notices and attacks him they WONT CHECK THEIR FUCKING KILL COUNT and will then just leave after "killing him" while I feel obligated to run away from the battle to hunt him down.

What's worse is when my teammates "kill" him, walk the fuck away, and then moments later I hear a loud piercing scream. Am I the only one that can hear the scream, because oftentimes Metaphorically will get chain stabs and I just don't get how. If you hear a goddamn scream TURN THE FUCK AROUND.

TheBez

Took a Backbiter's Billycock and a Flipped Trilby and crafter them together and for nce I turned out good! Got the Mutton Chops and Pipe :D

Top Bottom