• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how long till the Sniper gets a Spiral Knights Sheld as a Razerback replacement? Maybe the Razerback would be used more often then.

Also, I think I am going to use the Spiral Salute as my Sniper hat, with the Vail it looks pretty good:
sniper.png

Also going to sport it on the heavy for now, until I can trade for the RO2 Hat.

Borgnine said:
Sweet merciful crap.

Something must be wrong with the mini sentries destroyed award. It says I won it last night with 9, but I blew up way the hell more than that. I even got a "on the bright side" pop-up saying I almost broke my buildings destroyed record with like 20. Sciz was dropping them shits all around the ledge above the mid-point on 5Gorge.

Oh and that's another thing, stupid Kirby nominated stupid 5Gorge and then left. Once everyone reminded me what the admin command was I hacked the mainframes and changed the map.

Hmm I haven't got a "On the Bright Side" message in ages despite breaking records. I kind of miss them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Zomba13 said:
Just checked the Manco store. How long has The Pyromancer's Skull been a misc? or is that just a mistake?
Thats a mistake.

And damn it, I bought a backpack extender about a week ago, and they finally go on sale!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Obsessed said:
Is that canon?
It is what he says in Poker Night, so take it for what you will.

I always thought it would be cool to have a Spy vs Spy themed hat:
Spy-vs-spy.png

The best part, the comic strip even started around the same era TF2 takes place in.

Yeef

EXPERIMENT NIGHT!

I enabled SourceTV so that you can watch the action while waiting to play!

Look at all this excitement:

7E3016ED5DCEFD3FE7963650741B601174DC0C2B

It uses the same address as the normal server but on a different port (27020). Unfortunately, SourceTV can't be saved to your favorites in the server browser so you'll have to manually connect each time. To do that just open up the console and enter connect tf2.langui.sh:27020. Or just click here.

SourceTV will allow you to watch other people play on the server without all the hard work of actually playing yourself. If the server is full you can still watch the game while leaving the auto-join window up in the background then, when a spot frees, join THE SAME GAME YOU WERE JUST WATCHING. It's like some kind of wonderful magic.

The JankTV broadcast is 15 seconds behind the actual game to keep people from cheating and up to 24 people can be watching at once. It'll also auto-record demos of every match which I'll then upload to the stats site so that people can download it.

This is just experimental for now, because I suspect it will uberjankify the server, so this is a test run. If it's not too bad I'll add the link to the OP with the rest of the server info.

P.S. The command to toggle the auto director is spec_autodirector. It's unbound by default.

Clydefrog

Yeef said:
EXPERIMENT NIGHT!

I enabled SourceTV so that you can watch the action while waiting to play!

Look at all this excitement:

7E3016ED5DCEFD3FE7963650741B601174DC0C2B

It uses the same address as the normal server but on a different port (27020). Unfortunately, SourceTV can't be saved to your favorites in the server browser so you'll have to manually connect each time. To do that just open up the console and enter connect tf2.langui.sh:27020. Or just click here.

SourceTV will allow you to watch other people play on the server without all the hard work of actually playing yourself. If the server is full you can still watch the game while leaving the auto-join window up in the background then, when a spot frees, join THE SAME GAME YOU WERE JUST WATCHING. It's like some kind of wonderful magic.

The JankTV broadcast is 15 seconds behind the actual game to keep people from cheating and up to 24 people can be watching at once. It'll also auto-record demos of every match which I'll then upload to the stats site so that people can download it.

This is just experimental for now, because I suspect it will uberjankify the server, so this is a test run. If it's not too bad I'll add the link to the OP with the rest of the server info.

P.S. The command to toggle the auto director is spec_autodirector. It's unbound by default.

Server is janky. How do we fix it? Make it more janky!

(._.)

Banned
Drkirby said:
It is what he says in Poker Night, so take it for what you will.

I always thought it would be cool to have a Spy vs Spy themed hat:
Spy-vs-spy.png

The best part, the comic strip even started around the same era TF2 takes place in.
Awesome hat idea !!!

I'm gonna try and make it but I'm gonna fail =(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, got anther backpack extender, so now Misc items have their own page.

Page 1: Dumping page. Dropped items, items for trade, crates, they go here.
Page 2: Class Specific hats, in order by class, and date released.
Page 3: All Class hats. In the order I feel like.
Page 4: Misc Items. Top row, class Specific. Middle Row, all Class, Bottom, taunts.
Page 5: All normal items before the Mann Co Update, all vintage. Also, any Pre-Mann Co Update items that I have been gifted. Big Kill is on page 6, to keep the Poker Night items together and Sam and Max items together.
Page 6: All items released between the Mann Co update, and the Uber Update, plus the Big Kill. Missing the Three Rune Blade.
Page 7: All items released since Uber Update. Missing the Machina.
Page 8: The Strange Weapons I have.
Page 9: Current has the Noise Makers and the Rift Ticket, will likely move stuff to page 10 once Strange Weapons overflow from Page 8.
Page 10: Metal and Usable items.
(._.) said:
Awesome hat idea !!!

I'm gonna try and make it but I'm gonna fail =(
The big thing I wonder, is if Valve would allow the original color scheme. Blu having White white Black Stripe, and Red having Black with White Stripe.

Sianos

As long as it doesn't completely destroy the server, JankTV sounds like a wondeful idea. Now I can experience the wonders of jank at any time!

In the mood to get facestabbed by Meta at 5 am? Watch some JankTV(tm) replays! Want to learn the art of [class]? JankTV(tm) is there for you! Feel a craving to listen to some Genuine Anger? JankTV(tm)!

The server will probably catch fire, but its worth a shot. If it does break, all the more reason to invest in a new one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef, would it be possible to set up two instances of Source TV, one that broadcasts the current game, and one that broadcasts past games? Our would that quadruple the jank?

moojito

Is there a way to disable the "on the bright side" type messages? I've not seen them in ages and think I've switched it off by accident.

Yeef

Drkirby said:
Yeef, would it be possible to set up two instances of Source TV, one that broadcasts the current game, and one that broadcasts past games? Our would that quadruple the jank?
Not possible. The way SourceTV works it is just whatever the server is running, but allows for extra spectators. The only way to watch past games would be to download the demo files and load them up.

Oreoleo

Blackheim said:
Man, first time I've played in a while and find he server has more jank than ever :/ can't even stay connected to the server!

It's not just you. Server crashed with 4 people connected.

Forkball

Yeef changed something that ruined the server? I AM SHOCKED.

And I demand a Vintage Spiral Sallet hat. I played SK before it was on Steam and I'll be damned if I have to spend another hour doing something I already did in order to get a hat I'll never wear.

Yeef

SourceTV is a no go for now. You can't run Replays and SourceTV at the same time. it's a well-known bug, but I thought I had read that it would be fixed in today's patch. Apparently not!

Top Bottom