• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
Son, Borgnine INVENTED creepy. I usually just ignore it -- someone (Borgnine?) used to play some song about a kid getting raped by his grandfather or something, and that's like the only time I would mute people for offensive content. Homoerotic fanart is one thing, child abuse jokes are another.
I believe that was borsalino. He's on the list...

XBzTa.png

XeroSauce

Blizzard said:
Actually I think you're right. Borgnine is just the spray guy.

What did LeMeilleur do to get in that group? He never even talks. XD

Things you do not want to know.

I always confuse Borgnine and Borsalino. Darn your similar names!

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
Actually I think you're right. Borgnine is just the spray guy.

What did LeMeilleur do to get in that group? He never even talks. XD
Oh he's talked. You don't wanna know...

XeroSauce

SteveWinwood said:
Hahaha this sounds like a blast. Too bad I suck :(

Hey, if not very many people join, there's no player horrible enough for a spot.

Besides, most of us suck.

GruntOfAction said:
With a website named "Challonge" who would not want to join?

That's just drunk Kritzkast shenanigans.

Yeef

My ping was ridiculously high for reasons unknown up until Nucleus. I've noticed over the last few days I, and other people that normally have decent ping, have had horrible ping. I don't know whether to blame our host or if it's an external thing.

Also, when you're in the zone with scout it's so much fun. Pangloss' calls for my head makes it all the sweeter!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Orellio said:
Fun times tonight everybody. This pretty much sums it all up for me

nWGUh.jpg

Stupid Kuro and his stupid sniping D:
I had to shoot that smug goatee you had on tinychat off! >:{

Some fail tonight:
Cornburrito and the fail spy
Whoreleo and the fail sniper AND heavy...I got 4? Melee hits in as a med
Scizzy and the amazing facestab
Red and the collapse at the end of nightfall
ArtistDUD with an off night! So many dominations!
ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME with some rare losses.
Unknown medic sneaking up on heavy and shooting instead of melee.

You guys need to melee if you're close range...

XeroSauce said:
Hey, if not very many people join, there's no player horrible enough for a spot.

Besides, most of us suck.

That's just drunk Kritzkast shenanigans.
I'd love to play. I suck the least as pyro I guess other than scout (not allowed :( ). As long as the times work.

Blizzard said:
What does your wife have against medics?

My very very very pregnant wife has nothing against medics specifically; it's more that she has something against me playing video games while my unborn daughter kicks the shit out of her. Something about hormones. I dunno.

XeroSauce

Kuro Madoushi said:
I had to shoot that smug goatee you had on tinychat off! >:{

Some fail tonight:
Whoreleo and the fail sniper AND heavy...I got 4? Melee hits in as a med
Scizzy and the amazing facestab
Red and the collapse at the end of nightfall
ArtistDUD with an off night! So many dominations!
ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME with some rare losses.
Unknown medic sneaking up on heavy and shooting instead of melee.

You guys need to melee if you're close range...

Were you the other Spy tonight?

Forkball

F121E091967FB4E042E385A8DC0D75695B8864F5

Demoknighting on Nucleus never gets old. Also Dustbowl was hilarious. RED pretty much got rolled, and when they switched to BLU, we had to fight for every point. But they couldn't handle our PERSEVERANCE and stealth Medic caps.

I got an AMAZING sidestab on Proven, too bad I didn't save a replay! The the distance was quite large. Like Eyelander bullshit hitbox.

I dont think I can play with you guys anymore! I go from DEAD LAST with 3 points at GAF (and i thought I was doing good that round)....to a valve server dominating damn near everyone, using demo (for those that dont know I am ASS at demo).

Whoever said this earlier
play gaf server to feel like shit about yourself,play valve to feel good about yourself
was def not lying.

on the bright side my aim getting alot better and getting a little better at deciding when grenades are good and when stickies are good

Acerac

Banned
Thank you Oleo for reminding me why I love being a medic. Pair me with a heavy that knows their shit and we'll crush the other team all day long. Too few people who actually know how to play are willing to go heavy, but there is no other class I'd rather heal.

You kick ass.

Sorry for my scrubby mic spam, first time using and the audio converter that comes with it doesnt work that well. Hopefully when we have a Mic day again, I hope to have crystal quality sounds like Borgnine.

Yeah... IMO, I felt like I was doing really bad tonight. Never had so many dominations against me :( Usually when I get dominated, I make that person top priority... Sgt Pepper got the rare honor of ending a map with me still dominated by him :p

Cool screen grab, Fork :D

Tenck

ArtistDude88 said:
Yeah... IMO, I felt like I was doing really bad tonight. Never had so many dominations against me :( Usually when I get dominated, I make that person top priority... Sgt Pepper got the rare honor of ending a map with me still dominated by him :p

Cool screen grab, Fork :D

I got a sweet and random backstab on you. You just sapped a teleporter, saw me, and proceeded to crouch, spin around, and back up into me for a nice backstab.

Then you asked how I was able to get behind you haha.

Yeef said:
My ping was ridiculously high for reasons unknown up until Nucleus. I've noticed over the last few days I, and other people that normally have decent ping, have had horrible ping. I don't know whether to blame our host or if it's an external thing.

Also, when you're in the zone with scout it's so much fun. Pangloss' calls for my head makes it all the sweeter!
It was just annoying. You're a scout with the lowest health in the game. I'm a medic surrounded by killing machines. My team mates should not let you near me =(. Anyway that was a good game on Nightfall. Good to have speculawyer back.

Tenck said:
I got a sweet and random backstab on you. You just sapped a teleporter, saw me, and proceeded to crouch, spin around, and back up into me for a nice backstab.

Then you asked how I was able to get behind you haha.

Lol, it was like magic on my screen. You were in front of me, then poof, I got back stabbed :U

Zerokku said:

I chuckled, because that has happened to me.

(._.)

Banned
Clydefrog said:
But people who play heavy are usually stupid. It's pretty easy to dominate them within a couple minutes.
agreed >.< heavy tard class

it's the new pyro now with tom/gru

(._.) said:

Also agreed. At least the pyro has to switch weapons now. I will only go heavy if my team seems to be stuck, and we need someone to push forward. Or if the other team is rocking three of them. I really hate that. Worse than engineers who are at least stationary.

Acerac

Banned
They may be easy to play, but there is no class I'd rather heal than a heavy.

Seeing two good players using the class is like Christmas. :)

Blizzard

Banned
If it makes anyone feel better, I used Natascha when I was heavy tonight since everyone complains about heavy so much. I suspect Sciz was not so honorable, however.

Once everyone switches back to complaining about the enforcer, I can go normal heavy again. It's a cycle.

Sciz

(._.) said:

Dr. Pangloss said:
Worse than engineers who are at least stationary.
Blizzard said:
If it makes anyone feel better, I used Natascha when I was heavy tonight since everyone complains about heavy so much. I suspect Sciz was not so honorable, however.
You all offend me and must die.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
(._.) said:

I don't find the Tomi that great, but I love the GRU for getting between spots. Iron Curtain is going to look quiet snazy next to the RO2 Heavy hat. The heavy can be taken out pretty easily IMO, but both teams usually need one, to counter the scouts and pyros.

The Enforcer can only be played with the DR IMO, the gun has a real draw back with the standard watch. It is also really annoying to see the Razorback is making a coming back, I more or less am stuck using the Ambassador to kill off snipers.

Also, for laughs, here is my idea on which classes are hard counters to other classes (No medic, since it doesn't hard counter anyone directly):
hardcounter.png

TGMIII

Hey guys, I've not really been around to promote the euro server too much lately, I'm just getting busier and busier. Basically I'm looking for an active euro player to take over admining the server for the next while, or else it's going to continue to sit empty and my money goes to waste.

If anyone is interested let me know via steam/PM.

Proven

Hazaro said:
At least with demo you have to click more.
At least Heavies don't give me the illusion that I can win the fight. It's a much preferrable cut and dry affair. I really don't mind fighting Heavies when I think about many of the alternatives.

Or maybe too many of you like Scouts. Apparently I'll need to use more mini sentries.

Blizzard

Banned
Proven said:
At least Heavies don't give me the illusion that I can win the fight. It's a much preferrable cut and dry affair. I really don't mind fighting Heavies when I think about many of the alternatives.

Or maybe too many of you like Scouts. Apparently I'll need to use more mini sentries.
This is the dirty little secret that Yeef needs to admit, and why everyone complained so much when Natascha used to have a reasonable slowing effect (it was still hard for me to kill scouts since I can't aim).

Yeef

Blizzard said:
This is the dirty little secret that Yeef needs to admit, and why everyone complained so much when Natascha used to have a reasonable slowing effect (it was still hard for me to kill scouts since I can't aim).
Being able to stop any class from any distance isn't reasonable. Only a fool would think otherwise!

Kuro Madoushi said:
Some fail tonight:

I had actually been medic the whole round, then in the last minute I said "fuck it" and went CND spy. My goal was to get past you guys and towards your spawn so when time ran out I wouldn't be killed.

Nabs said:
I'm always getting switched. Shit sucks.

Why can't they come up with a balance system that'll switch over the new guys?

I think the system yeef set up doesn't switch people in the top 3 of their team, so if you don't want to get auto'd, get points.

Blizzard

Banned
wartime1020 said:
I think the system yeef set up doesn't switch people in the top 3 of their team, so if you don't want to get auto'd, get points.
Presumably those are the people who most NEED switched in order to make the most difference, right?

Team switching and random teams are supposed to prevent people from stacking one team with all the awesome people on one side.

Thankfully, we have a system which now automatically stacks all the awesome people on one side, makes sure I'm never on Java's team, and always ensures the team with the fewest awesome NeoGAF people wins.

Typically the game will say THE TEAMS ARE ABOUT TO BE SCRAMBLED, one person has like 190 points, and then a sniper with 2 points will die and get switched. /rage

Blizzard said:
Presumably those are the people who most NEED switched in order to make the most difference, right?

Team switching and random teams are supposed to prevent people from stacking one team with all the awesome people on one side.

Thankfully, we have a system which now automatically stacks all the awesome people on one side, makes sure I'm never on Java's team, and always ensures the team with the fewest awesome NeoGAF people wins.

Typically the game will say THE TEAMS ARE ABOUT TO BE SCRAMBLED, one person has like 190 points, and then a sniper with 2 points will die and get switched. /rage

Well the auto balance system is solely about numbers on each team, doesn't have to do with the "even"-ness of the teams.

Top Bottom