• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

Clydefrog

Yasae said:
Then again, bushwhacka minicrits for over 175 a hit. It really shouldn't be able to one-shot pyros...

Pfft, you're a terrible pyro if you get killed by bushwhackas. The fire vulnurability it gives snipers makes it simple for pyros to kill snipers. Even if you DO get bushwhacka'ed, as long as you lit the sniper on fire, he's probably going to die.

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
Pfft, you're a terrible pyro if you get killed by bushwhackas. The fire vulnurability it gives snipers makes it simple for pyros to kill snipers. Even if you DO get bushwhacka'ed, as long as you lit the sniper on fire, he's probably going to die.
It's silly that the bushwacka has random crits. it makes it a straight upgrade to the kukri against all but 1 class.

Clydefrog

Yeef said:
It's silly that the bushwacka has random crits. it makes it a straight upgrade to the kukri against all but 1 class.

Meh, I think it's fine. The kukri is the one that bleeds on hit, right? Bleeds on hit every time. The bushwhacka has a chance to crit but will mostly just annoy you. That’s why I primarily only use my bushwhacka on someone after pissing on them. I don’t want them turning around and killing me in one shot.

Yeef

Clydefrog said:
Meh, I think it's fine. The kukri is the one that bleeds on hit, right? Bleeds on hit every time. The bushwhacka has a chance to crit but will mostly just annoy you. That’s why I primarily only use my bushwhacka on someone after pissing on them. I don’t want them turning around and killing me in one shot.
No, that's not right. You play sniper, you should know these things. The Kukri is the default knife. It has no special abilities at all! You should be ashamed.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Hilarious, Artemis doesn't know about sniper melee weapons because no one ever survives long enough to get close to him.

Wait. That's not funny at all. Fuck you.

Clydefrog

Well, shit. That kukri is useless then LOL

I always use huntsman, jarate, bushwhacka.

If I'm on a non-janky server and opposing snipers are pissing me off, I'll switch to sniper rifle, razorback, bushwhacka. But maybe I should change the bushwhacka to the bleed kukri now (what is it called?!)

edit: TRIBALMAN'S SHIV! That's what it's called!

Sciz

Clydefrog said:
This, very much this. As many melee kills as I tend to make as a sniper, almost none of them are against pyros. On the off chance that I do pull it off, the afterburn always gets me.

Borgnine said:
Hilarious, Artemis doesn't know about sniper melee weapons because no one ever survives long enough to get close to him.
I get close to him plenty, it's just that it's always by turning a corner and I get an arrow through my skull half a second later. :mad:

Whenever I run Huntsman (which is the only way I ever play sniper these days), I use Jarate and the Shahashahanshshanah. Mainly because I'm constantly tossing Jarate at the enemy team whenever I see two or more together, so I can't count on it being my backup weapon in a pinch. I figure that when I get close enough to need to use the melee weapon, I'll be getting the damage bonus off of the Shawatchamacallit. It seems to work well enough (when I play on servers where I can get away with using the Huntsman).

I'm still at the top with the Kukri leaderboard. One of my favorite moments with it was 2 nights ago. Yeef reflected my Jarate back at one of my teammates. I then summoned the power of the King of Australia and beat him to death with it.

And then as if the lesson wasn't enough, the very next life he comes at me again but is unable to reflect my Jarate. Covered in my urine, he decides to airblast me up and down in a corner. I get tired of his foolishness and cracked his skull open with a mighty thwack.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I only use Tribalman's Shiv with huntsman. If I'm using melee, they are almost dead. Also serves as a good spy checker.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
I'm still at the top with the Kukri leaderboard. One of my favorite moments with it was 2 nights ago. Yeef reflected my Jarate back at one of my teammates. I then summoned the power of the King of Australia and beat him to death with it.

And then as if the lesson wasn't enough, the very next life he comes at me again but is unable to reflect my Jarate. Covered in my urine, he decides to airblast me up and down in a corner. I get tired of his foolishness and cracked his skull open with a mighty thwack.
In the first case, I won out, because I reflected your jarate onto your sodlier teammate and killed him. Taking out a soldier is always more useful than taking out a sniper.

The second time was bullshit through. On my screen you had already primed the huntsman, which was why I air blasted you. Once you've pulled back you're not supposed to be able to do anything until after you fire (and you can't fire until you hit the ground). On top of that you hit me at the top of the airblast when you were a good 2 meters away. in this confrontation you did not win, The Jank™ did!

Divius

Old_Guadalajara.png

Found a Old Guadalajara today, my third hat after the Trophy Belt for sniper and Western Wear for Engie. yay.

Ultratech

&Divius said:
Found a Old Guadalajara today, my third hat after the Trophy Belt for sniper and Western Wear for Engie. yay.

Damn. That's one of those hats I'd really want to get along with the Engie's Ten-Gallon.

I used to use the Shiv on my Sniper. Most replaced with the Bushwhacka now, but I can see how it gets some use.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What specs are your machines?

ATi Radeon 6970 / Cat 11.8s / 2500k / augidy 2zs.

For some reason i'm thinking it's my soundcard. Not too sure why i'm thinking that either.

Small fixes:

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Fixed the Demoman not being able to charge while in the air
Fixed items not drawing correctly on disguised Spies

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I did an awesome middie with the direct hit before and then i realised the server didn't support replays.

Made me a little sad inside.

evlcookie said:
What specs are your machines?

ATi Radeon 6970 / Cat 11.8s / 2500k / augidy 2zs.

For some reason i'm thinking it's my soundcard. Not too sure why i'm thinking that either.

Radeon HD 5850
CCC 11.8
Q9550
HT Omega Striker sound card

/shrug

SteveWinwood said:
Citation needed

For now it is only uk but they are "working" on get it on the US mag as well, it might still come but at a later day

the wiki mentions it, and some threads on SPUF

Clydefrog said:
UK-only hats?

Hopefully it's something disgusting like an english breakfast hat

http://i55.tinypic.com/25s5z6d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

wtf! what is that black thing? do not want!

Clydefrog

LOL, the black thing is black pudding. I like how the sausage (?) above it looks like a turd. Oh, and thanks for the random tomato in the middle. God knows my breakfast isn't complete unless I get a plain tomato.

windz

I'll take the turd, please. Fire it at the enemy for guaranteed crits? Jarate jars with baked beans inside? Hmmm...

Ever since I deleted the broken Community Hud I've been getting the "you came close to beating X record" messages again.

Blood pudding is the grossest shit I've ever heard of. EVER. It is like eating a giant fucking scab.

server suggestion: steal the somethingawful LC's "kick-a-pubby" feature so GAF users don't have to sit and wait for an hour for non-GAF users to quit

Strange, ever since this new patch my TF2 won't run. "SteamStartup()Failed: Steam Startup(oxf, oxoo37DDD4) Failed to take master pipe connection lock"

I must admit, the amount of jank (which is getting progressively worse, to me anyways) is starting to bother me...

I shoot someone and it takes a moment to register a hit/kill... Starting to mess me up D:

ArtistDude88 said:
I must admit, the amount of jank (which is getting progressively worse, to me anyways) is starting to bother me...

I shoot someone and it takes a moment to register a hit/kill... Starting to mess me up D:

Meanwhile I bring my knife down on a medic's back and then find they teleport like an inch away from the knife, blowing my disguise and getting me killed.

Proven

Let's start serious talk on a new server, or at least a second server as a test. I'd be willing to foot the bill for a month.

Pancakes said:

At first I thought it was a girl. Then we discovered it was a young boy... in middle school.

He lost a tooth mid match. He had a Pony avatar. I asked him which pony he thought was hotter and he actually gave an answer that wasn't "neither."

Top Bottom