• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I feel totally unstoppable with the machina. I've been doing some awesome shots all day long today, along with loving the direct hit.

I look forward to this winning streak dying tomorrow.

speedpop said:
Train yourself to use the Grenade Launcher. Train train train. While the temptation to spam it for safety purposes or the cheap kill is very strong, your best bet is to retain those 4 beautiful cases of explosives for better occasions unless you are providing a retreat and want to annoy pursuers. The average Demoman stinks at short-range and the Grenade Launcher can be used to protect you for that.

Learn its arc, how high you need to aim depending on distance, how fast it travels, everything. There is nothing finer than killing a Soldier with an air nade after they think they are safe to be on rocket jumping on you, or hitting a Scout on the fly because he thinks he can float-jump over your stickies, or taking out a level 3 sentry gun with only 2 direct nades (tactic can be used on suicide runs if you aim well enough while strafing). Corridors and corners are your friends, while Engineers will hate you for taking out their setup without an Uber. Big open spaces are always fun but it is harder to nail the opposition directly unless the width of the map is no bigger than Dustbowl's stage 1, capture 1 area. Luckily you have the Stickybomb Launcher for anything larger.

The best ones are when a random nade crit pops out and hits a Medic who is standing amongst a few adversaries while exclusively overhealing a Heavy. Kabeem indeed.
When I was playing on random servers, I didn't do bad (of course its not GAF server). For Payload maps, If I'm on the attacker team, What should a Demoman do? Hang back and forward around the cart and just shoot my GL? I think for the most part Demoman is a good hit and run class, so try to keep alive as much as possible.

So with the GL, I watch it to direct hit as much as possible? I think for the most part, if they is a big group, I just hold down Mouse 1, shoot at the group and hope I get something.

moojito

Obsessed said:
Ever since I deleted the broken Community Hud I've been getting the "you came close to beating X record" messages again.

So that's what happened to them? I had been wondering.

moojito

Cloudius12 said:
When I was playing on random servers, I didn't do bad (of course its not GAF server). For Payload maps, If I'm on the attacker team, What should a Demoman do? Hang back and forward around the cart and just shoot my GL? I think for the most part Demoman is a good hit and run class, so try to keep alive as much as possible.

So with the GL, I watch it to direct hit as much as possible? I think for the most part, if they is a big group, I just hold down Mouse 1, shoot at the group and hope I get something.

On payload as a demo you'll want to scout ahead of the cart a bit if you know the likely sentry spots on a map, and take them out. It's a good idea to fire single stickies round corners ahead with hitsounds on, so you can check if there's a bunch of folk waiting round there to give you the good news.

edit: gah, double post.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cloudius12 said:

Big group, eh?

I gotta upload that krit nade I shot onto a point on one of them shitty custom maps that took ouy half their team.

We still couldn't cap tge next point... :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Cloudius12 said:

Yeah you have the gist of it down. I only state about the Grenade Launcher because too many Demo players seem to ignore it when it should be used just as much as the Stickybomb Launcher.

As for Payload maps the best thing to work on are positions to take down sentry nests because that is your main job - dominating Medics second. You can use either launcher, but remember that the Stickybomb leaves you open and it's slightly slower in its approach but makes up for that with definite improved control over targets. Most of the typical sentry placements can be easily hit without the need for an Uber and the only thing that should really annoy you is a lack of backup at times.

Ultimately though your top priority should be learning how to follow targets and determine their paths so a nade/sticky can do its most damage.

Bakphoon

Has someone else problems browsing on the Steampowered user forums?

I get a ad.fly site, when im browsing on them a few seconds. Phishing alert?
(On both browsers)
Edit:
I posted this here, because browsing the TF2 trading forums there is a part of my TF2 habits.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
speedpop said:
Yeah you have the gist of it down. I only state about the Grenade Launcher because too many Demo players seem to ignore it when it should be used just as much as the Stickybomb Launcher.

As for Payload maps the best thing to work on are positions to take down sentry nests because that is your main job - dominating Medics second. You can use either launcher, but remember that the Stickybomb leaves you open and it's slightly slower in its approach but makes up for that with definite improved control over targets. Most of the typical sentry placements can be easily hit without the need for an Uber and the only thing that should really annoy you is a lack of backup at times.

Ultimately though your top priority should be learning how to follow targets and determine their paths so a nade/sticky can do its most damage.
It was pretty sweet when chickentime was running from me and a well-timed long-range sticky finished the job on gorge.

RUN MOAR, ICANONLYPLAYDEMOTIME

Bakphoon

Wow... Milly79 has been really generous and he gave his full genuine collection + other goodies because he's quitting TF2.

I want to say thank you. You are awesome.

Milly79

Bakphoon said:
Wow... Milly79 has been really generous and he gave his full genuine collection + other goodies.

I want to say thank you. You are awesome.

Hey man, not a problem. We made a few good trades together and I knew you wanted a lot of the items I had. Figured it was only right to gift them to someone that needed them more than me. Was fun passing the time for a few months, but with all the new games out, I just have zero time for TF2. Hope you enjoy them. Spent quite a while gathering those. :p

Milly79 said:
Hey man, not a problem. We made a few good trades together and I knew you wanted a lot of the items I had. Figured it was only right to gift them to someone that needed them more than me. Was fun passing the time for a few months, but with all the new games out, I just have zero time for TF2. Hope you enjoy them. Spent quite a while gathering those. :p

Man really you're hanging it up? How much did you spend acquiring all of those genuine items if you don't mind disclosing?

Milly79

Honestly... $30 netted me a vast majority of them. Doesn't add in the fact I spent around $100 on two Unusual's that were flipped for various items to get those. I'd say around $140 when it was said and done. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I personally don't see the machina as being that great, but I am not a great sniper. The main reason is I don't sit there and wait for the shot to charge, I try to quickly get off shots. I look around unscoped, keep aware of my surrounding, once I see an enemy in the distance, zoom in and try to get a quick head shot. Sure, I won't be one hit killing heavies, but I will notice when there are people behind me.

I will admit I am not a great sniper though, but I blame my aim more then my play style.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
I personally don't see the machina as being that great, but I am not a great sniper. The main reason is I don't sit there and wait for the shot to charge, I try to quickly get off shots. I look around unscoped, keep aware of my surrounding, once I see an enemy in the distance, zoom in and try to get a quick head shot. Sure, I won't be one hit killing heavies, but I will notice when there are people behind me.

I will admit I am not a great sniper though, but I blame my aim more then my play style.
The machina will work with that playstyle and do more damage than the normal sniper rifle, if I understand correctly. You just won't be able to do noscope shots if you normally do that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
The machina will work with that playstyle and do more damage than the normal sniper rifle, if I understand correctly. You just won't be able to do noscope shots if you normally do that.
Nope, Machina will only do more damage at 100% charge, and will only pierce at 100% charge. With my play style of rarely having a full charge, all the Machina will do is give away my location.

Yeef

Charging only takes 3.3 seconds. Ideally you want to pick a target and charge just enough to kill them. Pragmatically, most snipers spend so much time lining up shots that the extra time to wait for a full charge is irrelevant.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I normally add people who add me from the GAF server, but jesus christ... Tangmaster or something like that had added me the other day so I accepted. Messaged me for the the first time just now. Asking if I have any games I can gift.

Really? Fucking really? smh

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think he was one of the people who tried to friend request me, and I declined since I had zero idea of who he was.

Tenck

Zerokku said:
I normally add people who add me from the GAF server, but jesus christ... Tangmaster or something like that had added me the other day so I accepted. Messaged me for the the first time just now. Asking if I have any games I can gift.

Really? Fucking really? smh

If I ever get someone like that I will delete them and ignore them.

I know some people really want new stuff to play, but don't go around asking random people.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Tenck said:

I know some people really want new stuff to play, but don't go around asking random people.

Oh I know, I didn't even respond, just deleted him right there.

XeroSauce

Milly79 said:

Damn! I remember trading you a bunch of those!

Good on your for quitting this crack, I should too. :/

XeroSauce

Tenck said:

Zerokku said:
No, the way he stated was "Do you have any giftable games?"

SteveWinwood said:
Maybe you misunderstood and he wanted to gift you games.

Zerokku said:
Oh I know, I didn't even respond, just deleted him right there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31051977&postcount=2066

Seriously, guys. Tang is fairly regular.

Milly79

XeroSauce said:
Damn! I remember trading you a bunch of those!

Good on your for quitting this crack, I should too. :/

It's been well over a month since I've played. Yeah, it was like crack for a bit there. F2P games are the devil, as well as DLC. :(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
XeroSauce said:

Then like I said, he should have phrased it that way. He should have said, "Do you have any giftable games for trade?" That changes things completely. One makes him sound like a beggar, which is why I deleted him. The other was an offer I would have politely declined, had he made his point clear in the first place.

If I'm coming off like a jackass right now, this is why - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442986&page=4

Read from post 185 onward.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Nope, Machina will only do more damage at 100% charge, and will only pierce at 100% charge. With my play style of rarely having a full charge, all the Machina will do is give away my location.
Ahhh, for some reason I thought that normal shots did more damage when it first came out. Well, that makes it seem like a reasonably balanced weapon. :)

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm....

feel 'kinda' bad

Dude traded me a big chief hat for my tomislav.

I said 'really...?'
he said 'yes'
so I went through with it :p
kinda?

hehe that guilt is going to haunt you today and tomorrow.

Tang is a good guy.

Just remember that y'all need to be honest in what values are when trading if not out of honesty but out of the GAF kindness.

corn_fest

wrz48.png

why do I keep opening crates :(

corn_fest

XeroSauce said:
You should just sell keys and make enough money to buy the hat you want.

Is your avatar from TWEWY?
I probably should just sell keys, I'm not really looking for any hat in particular, though. I just want to unbox an unusual again so I can sell it off and finish a collection rare stuff/promos. And yeah.

Top Bottom