• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen driver arrested after live-streaming crash that killed her sister.

GHG

Dear self-driving cars,

Please come save us.

The social media obsessed narcissistic people will still find a way to do stupid shit that results in uneccessary deaths. Autonomous driving will come in and these goofballs will replace the dangerous activity of using their phones while driving with something else.

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. The problem is far greater than the mode of transport at people's disposal.

WaterAstro

So she isn't arrested for the live-streaming, right? Just the DUI and reckless driving.

The social media obsessed narcissistic people will still find a way to do stupid shit that results in uneccessary deaths. Autonomous driving will come in and these goofballs will replace the dangerous activity of using their phones while driving with something else.

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. The problem is far greater than the mode of transport at people's disposal.
Well, we need to force everyone with self-driving cars, which is going to be really next-to-impossible to make happen.

Self-driving cars will also help reduce carbon emissions, so it's also for environmental reasons.

All I had to do was read the description and I literally had to stop reading because I feel like I was going to throw up.

That's just fucking frightening.

Why even type that shit here man?

Gad damn what is the point of these threads? Mods should lock these up, I am sure there are plenty of places for people to get their fill of child gore on the I ternet.
Sometimes you really don't know what to say when it comes to things that really shock you. I know I try to make it a bit lighter. Not for others but for my mind.

It's sad that there are enough bad things in the world that our minds are starting to adjust to them slowly. Eventually desensitization happens if you keep looking at it.

It was the only way to get horror out of my mind.

Hydrus

Gad damn what is the point of these threads? Mods should lock these up, I am sure there are plenty of places for people to get their fill of child gore on the I ternet.

The point? This is the second incident in two weeks of teens contributing to someones death while casually and proudly putting it up for the world to see. This is turning into a major issue. Young people are getting this idea that it is ok and normal to do this type of shit. It's terrifying. There needs to be backlash and this type of thinking needs to get put down. That's the point of this thread.

You say this like he was getting off on it, how about chilling out. The video is attached to the article, of course people are going to be reacting to it.

Man I've been desensitized to gore but goddamn after watching that video I think I' m gonna have nightmares. Usually it doesn't affect me, but that did. I feel so bad for the family especially if they hear about their other daughter's decision to film their daughter like that.

GHG

So she isn't arrested for the live-streaming, right? Just the DUI and reckless driving.

Well, we need to force everyone with self-driving cars, which is going to be really next-to-impossible to make happen.

Self-driving cars will also help reduce carbon emissions, so it's also for environmental reasons.

Of course, but my point is that idiots like this will still find ways to hit the self destruct button even in a world where you can't operate cars anymore.

I'm of the opinion that social media use and interaction is something that needs to be tackled in schools from a young age now. I don't know how exactly, but something needs to be done whereby these kids are taught that social media is not real life and it is not important. The shit I see/read about is just unbelievable.

I know it's verging on some "old man yells at cloud" level of shit but the reality is, these kids are carrying a lot of this heinous stuff into adulthood and in a lot of cases it gets worse as they gain more freedom/responsibility as an adult. I know kids will be kids, and we all did stupid shit when we were young but "They will grow out of it" does not seem apply here.

Recreat3

I was originally going to watch the video but after reading some reactions here, nope! Poor girl. I often see people on instagram videoing themselves whilst driving and listen to music. Put down the fucking phone and watch the road! Next time i see someone do it im going to call them out on it.

cromofo

It's really naive thinking this type of problem will go away with self-driving cars and whatnot.

Human stupidity always finds a way.

Jesus Christ I just gave a quick glance. Was the poor girls head split straight down the middle?

Top to nose. Forehead

OraleeWey

mnwZrG1.jpg

To hopefully get people to reconsider doing the same thing and think before they use their phones and drive. Unlikely, but if it gives so much as one person second thoughts about continuing to engage in that type of risky behavior, it helps to give meaning to the deaths of people such as this girl and potentially avoid that happening to them. At least that's how I think about it. No idea if that actually in any way works, but I at least would hope this type of thing gives at least some people second thoughts. And if it does, that's something at least. Not much. Won't bring back those that already have been lost. But something.

Griss

The point? This is the second incident in two weeks of teens contributing to someones death while casually and proudly putting it up for the world to see. This is turning into a major issue. Young people are getting this idea that it is ok and normal to do this type of shit. It's terrifying. There needs to be backlash and this type of thinking needs to get put down. That's the point of this thread.

In Ireland the Gardai (the police) have had to issue repeated public notices that it's not okay for young people to come up and take videos or selfies with victims of car crashes or heart attacks etc on the street. They often interfere with police / paramedic work in their search to get some interesting shit for their feed. Makes me ill.

There are so many aggravating factors here that whatever the maximum sentence is for what she's charged with she needs to get it. I can't imagine a worse, more negligent, borderline intentional scenario for causing death by driving.

Erv

Wearing your seat belt is so important. I'm almost certain this girl would be alive if she had hers on. Now she's gone and her sister learned the hardest lesson. Her life is ruined too.

Kurdel

Banned
At least quote my entire post. Sorry if it offends anyone.

But yeah, I've seen shit worse than that in real life but that vid is really disturbing. She must've been very high on something otherwise idk.

I didn’t click on the video because I didn’t want any gruesome details, certainly won’t quote your post casualty detailing the horrific injuries.

You say this like he was getting off on it, how about chilling out. The video is attached to the article, of course people are going to be reacting to it.

g1361041739860123871.jpg

cromofo

I didn't click on the video because I didn't want any gruesome details, certainly won't quote your post casualty detailing the horrific injuries.

Well there is a video in the article and this is a thread about the accident so idk what you expected.

deo

Banned
I just watched the uncensored video...
Holy sh*t.... I hope there's a special place in hell for this b*tch

Im so glad she recently turned 18..Now there's no way out of this.

DUI, intentional reckless driving, using a phone while driving... yikes this is just the whole package. Not a whole lot of sympathy for the driver here this goes quite beyond just teenaged supidity.

big_z

Pokémon go wont work if you move faster than walking speed. Might be time for phones to have the same function. Lock them down except for music, maps, calling etc.

She sounds like an absolute psychopath in the video.

"I love you, rest in peace, sweetie."

With no emotion in her voice whatsoever. Who the fuck talks like that?

Human garbage that knows they did something wrong and need to build an excuse asap.

Greddleok

Lol. Are you dating a 13 year old? Geeze that sounds like an unpleasant person.

Is this real? If so, she sounds like a delight.

What the fuck? This is weirdest shit I have ever read on GAF.

Free advice: stop dating idiots

Nah, she's Russian. No one over the wears a seatbelt. She's actually smart, has a PhD, but there are the occasional odd culture clashes like seatbelt wearing.
I also thought it was fucking weird.

Nah, she's Russian. No one over the wears a seatbelt. She's actually smart, has a PhD, but there are the occasional odd culture clashes like seatbelt wearing.

Big difference between her thinking it's strange that people wear seatbelts over here and calling you a "coward" for doing so.

Bro if she's that smart then she has to understand why seatbelts are there instead of just nothing.

It's okay though. I've met people who firmly believe that seatbelts cause more deaths and is more a hazard than a safety.

Rayis

Grossly negligent behavior and she still had the nerve to film the aftermath and seemingly not regretful of the outcome.

DonMigs85

Bro if she's that smart then she has to understand why seatbelts are there instead of just nothing.

It's okay though. I've met people who firmly believe that seatbelts cause more deaths and is more a hazard than a safety.
Would you rather fly out the window, or deal with a bit of whiplash and chest pain?

Kaizer

Banned
I watched the video, & I think I've been desensitized to gore now from seeing other horrible videos from news stories here on GAF over the years, but it is most certainly fucked up. What a horrible story & terrible person. Social media has really fucked up the current teen generation.

Donos

Still see some people driving without seatbelt here in Berlin. Don't understand this.

Glad that most newer cars keep making a noise when someone is sitting and hasn not the seat belt on.

Everything is said about the streaming.

DarkKyo

Not wearing seat belts is quite literally like walking around with a loaded gun aimed at your face. Then again your girlfriend hails from the place that came up with Russian roulette so I guess I'm not that surprised.

televator

I can not imagine the level of detachment needed to "do it for the gram" while your sibling is dying

It's like she had to capture it to make it official in some weird way. "RIP in peace, sis. Sry I killed U. :'("

What fucking bizarre dependency on social media.

My girlfriend called me a coward for wearing a seatbelt. Maybe I should show her the video.

Culture clash or not, that is beyond ridiculous.

If you fly out the windshield you at least have a chance of landing in the grass instead of getting decapitated by your seatbelt

Are you joking?

It's clear that a great many people have no idea about the dangers of driving and driving safely.

When I was 18 my buddy was driving myself and 2 other guys (4 in total) recklessly and lost control of his explorer. We skidded across the oncoming lane on the freeway, nearly being destroyed by a semi truck, then rolling 2.5 into a ditch.

Luckily we all had our seat belts on and were hanging from them upside down in the ditch. If we didn't have our seat belts on I'm sure at least one of us would have died.

sfedai0

Banned
Her voice in the video was chilling. Almost like she was reporting the weather and speaking in a nonchalant fashion. No remorse whatsoever.

Top Bottom