• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

AAK

To find potential competition, your best bet is the SRK regional matchfinder area:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?categories/regional-matchmaking.110/

It's mostfly for 2D games but if you do find a thread of a community in your area you can definitely ask if there is any Tekken activity within and if anyone shows interest they'll reply.

If you're really lucky then maybe there's a thread in the TZ.com forum:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=13

Maybe you can make your own thread and see who's interested.

Uggghhh Tekken Busters still hasn't finished loading. Missing out all the action here. :/

Anyways.... In more good news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/...-action-tekken-film-has-prequel-being-planned

Crystal Sky, one of the production companies behind the 2010 live-action film adaptation of Namco Bandai's Tekken fighting games, is planning a prequel called Tekken: Rise of the Tournament. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Crystal Sky CEO Steven Paul is planning the prequel "as part of a franchise of movies."

1329140223883kmblr.gif

Watched a bit of Tekken Busters this morning. Good lawd, I have alot to learn. Didn't realize there is such a mix-up game in 3D fighters. And I guess my week 1 movement isn't enough yet lol.

And, Marduk is sooooooooo much fun to play as. He hits so hard and I love turning juggles into viscous throws, especially wall combos where I can end it with a slam against the wall. Between Marduk and Lili, I don't think I have found characters in fighting games I like this much since Jin in the original MvC and Bolon from Tech Romancer

Sayah

To find potential competition, your best bet is the SRK regional matchfinder area:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?categories/regional-matchmaking.110/

It's mostfly for 2D games but if you do find a thread of a community in your area you can definitely ask if there is any Tekken activity within and if anyone shows interest they'll reply.

If you're really lucky then maybe there's a thread in the TZ.com forum:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=13

Maybe you can make your own thread and see who's interested.
Oh wow, thanks for this. Nothing on TZ. But I found a thread for my state on SRK. The five listed people from my local area all play SF3 and other 2D fighters. Although, I don't think the list has been updated in a while to reflect recent titles like UMvC3 or SFXTK.

Both will still be good sites for me to check in the future.
Uggghhh Tekken Busters still hasn't finished loading. Missing out all the action here. :/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/...-action-tekken-film-has-prequel-being-planned

Oh hell no. This is not happening. Why does this shitty movie company still have rights to the Tekken license? Let Stephen Chow make a Tekken movie.
Watched a bit of Tekken Busters this morning. Good lawd, I have alot to learn. Didn't realize there is such a mix-up game in 3D fighters. And I guess my week 1 movement isn't enough yet lol.

And, Marduk is sooooooooo much fun to play as. He hits so hard and I love turning juggles into viscous throws, especially wall combos where I can end it with a slam against the wall. Between Marduk and Lili, I don't think I have found characters in fighting games I like this much since Jin in the original MvC and Bolon from Tech Romancer

Marduk and Lili seems like an interesting team for TTT2. I haven't seen both of them used together yet in any gameplay videos.

And yeah, the mixups/mind games can be real crazy in this game. It's realized most in local MP.

GrayFoxPL

Crystal Sky, one of the production companies behind the 2010 live-action film adaptation of Namco Bandai's Tekken fighting games, is planning a prequel called Tekken: Rise of the Tournament. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Crystal Sky CEO Steven Paul is planning the prequel "as part of a franchise of movies."

1329140223883kmblr.gif

Ahaha! That's great. That live action has grown on me. It's still incredible shit but in the long run it's more entertaining then other tekken films.

Who's mother will Tekken kill now?

AAK

I love Tekken and all, but it definitely requires an investment. And it's massively rewarding. To learn Tekken you have to divide the process into a series of steps. It's kind of hard unless you have consistent competition but it's possible. For example, if you have a friend that plays Armor King and does Armor King's u/f+1+2 and then does d/f+1's to keep pressuring you, you should know that you can sidestep left the d/f+1 to avoid the pressure and punish. So in one process, tell yourself that you will repeatedly sidestep the d/f+1 following the u/f+1+2 and hence your reactions and muscle memory of how and when to sidestep will be improved.

Another example is like Law's junkyard or Steve's b+1,2,1. They're both 3 hit strings that have a low in the middle and a safe mid as the ender. You HAVE to low parry that middle hit. When that happens, you basically train yourself that the next time you face a long set with a Law or Steve player you will low parry them 10 times consecutively and hence you learn the matchup and the skill to pull off that technique boosting your defense. But again, it was REALLY hard to do online cause of the lag and such and does require a dedicated offline multiplayer session.

Just a couple of examples of how these guys truly optimized the game with their knowledge. Look at how Gaxini's knows how to deal with Steve's shoulder pressure:

dbafdNvaO0Aeh8.gif

And also, movement and spacing beats everything! As Dalsagi nicely exemplifies:

dmd3t5wmdHdiO.gif

Even though those things are so small, I love watching them happen when you appreciate the skill and manual dexterity required to pull it off in the heat of a match.

And Lili looks GOOD as a damage character. Now that her BT 1+2 bounds, instead of always relying on getting d/f+3 at the wall, she can do d/f+3+4 BT 1+2 to bound and then do her monster wall damage after. And the advantage of d/f+3+4 is that you can land it from really far away making it a really potent post tag launcher combo ender. Since you really like Marduk you can finish a juggle with his 2,d+1+2~5 W! Lili's d/f+3+4, BT+1+2, f+3+4,3+4. And instead if it's a balcony wall, do a f+1+2 instead of the f+3+4 and when your opponent falls down, use Marduk to do his f,f+1+2 grab before he/she falls! Monster damage team indeed.

/theory fighter

Sayah

Ahaha! That's great. That live action has grown on me. It's still incredible shit but in the long run it's more entertaining then other tekken films.

Who's mother will Tekken kill now?
Please tell me you are joking. I'll take the anime or BV over that any day. It was painful to try to finish that movie as it sabotaged the Tekken characters as I knew them.

movie ending spoilers: a mishima throws another mishima off of something very high

lolololololol.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Please tell me you are joking. I'll take the anime or BV over that any day. It was painful to try to finish that movie as it sabotaged the Tekken characters as I knew them.

I agree with GrayFox- The live action movie was way more entertaining (and even had better fights) than the anime or BV. But all of them are total garbage.

Sayah

Different tastes, I suppose. I didn't enjoy even a minute of the live action film. Whereas BV began with a good start (Nina/Anna sequence) and ended with brilliantly executed fight scenes.

CSX

in middle of watching episode 2 of Tekken Busters. who was the guy doing the dragunov d+2 pose? That was hilarious xD

/theory fighter

I'm so late to the Tekken 6 party that I'm really just trying to optimize my time to become familiar with characters I want to play and what they can do in terms of movement, spacing, combos, damage, etc. so I can be ready for when Tag comes out; then figure out what works against who and when to do what and such.

I unfortunately don't have a Tekken scene at all in my area. There is a SF and Mahvel scene, so maybe I can drum up some interest when Tag comes out. I have a friend on board the Tekken train and I'm working on another too, but its hard to tell how interested they will be in learning at a deeper level.

And again, thanks for all the advice and tips from everyone so far. Been really helpful

Pachimari

I had a hard time enjoying the live action Tekken movie as well but we surely got a situation when Christie Monteiro entered the picture, oh boy.

I loved Blood Vengeance.

Sayah

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ANGEL IS MINEEEEEEE

Dreams do come true... in regards to another live action tekken movie! Honestly though I am super exicted for Kuni, Angel and Ogre. Namco is leaving little to no room for complaints as far as the roster goes.

Damnit the Jun/Asuka player on tekken busters episode 2 didnt get a chance to play =(

Sayah

I finished watching that Busters episode too. Also wanted to see the Asuka/Jun team. Overall, really crazy matches and really crazy customizing there.

I finished watching that Busters episode too. Also wanted to see the Asuka/Jun team. Overall, really crazy matches and really crazy customizing there.

Yeah the macthes and customizations are insane, so hype. Gotta love the presentation of the show as well. The DJ, the girls, the commnetary its all awesome. "Lets get it on!"

Alright so I just played 2 online matches one 3 bars the other 4 and I am reminded why I quit playing Tekken online. It feet like my characters hand sandbags on every limb lol. However Tekken Busters has me so excited that I'm down to play against some gaffers anyways. Let me know when you guys have a lobby up. My psn is TheMadnessBeast. Not only have I not played online in awhile but I just havent played T6 much since last years evo so I am quite rusty. Just keep that in mind while you all are beasting on me.

STREAM LINK

Somebody try that link out for me. It looks like SBO qualifiers are occurring right now in Japanese arcades and they're streaming some of it.

EDIIT: Screw it, I'm not bothering with Japanese ustream that pops up anymore. D:

Doomshine

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll ask here, has anyone seen this converter before?

MQFfL.jpg

I just found it randomly browsing a website for really cheap, anyone know if it's any good?

Sayah

^^^^
I haven't ever used one of those but I definitely want one. If you get it and test it out, please post impressions here. If it's cheap, it wouldn't hurt to buy. That's how I've ended up with a lot of my different types of converters and they've all turned out fine for me. Also depends on if the website is reliable or not. I really hate Paypal but it comes to use for buying stuff like this.

Alright so I just played 2 online matches one 3 bars the other 4 and I am reminded why I quit playing Tekken online. It feet like my characters hand sandbags on every limb lol. However Tekken Busters has me so excited that I'm down to play against some gaffers anyways. Let me know when you guys have a lobby up. My psn is TheMadnessBeast. Not only have I not played online in awhile but I just havent played T6 much since last years evo so I am quite rusty. Just keep that in mind while you all are beasting on me.

Oooh, I can probably play later tonight. :D

GrayFoxPL

That's one of the most common converters. Don't remember if I have it but in one of firmware updates they killed bunch of converters only one was left working for me.

BHK3

Banned
Angel looks like a SC character, don't like kunis new design and Ogre looks like exactly what i wanted.

So I got a 1/3, eh I'm easy to please.

Sayah

Surely you're not referring to me right? RIGHT? Haha gotta admit its tough trying to pull stuff off but I'm having fun. Apologies for some of the weird lag spikes going on though.

Yeah, I was referring to you. And no prob with lag. I'm accustomed to playing online and this is actually good compared to how some other matches can go.
Didn't know I could have been using Lili's f,f+3 as a juggle on hit this whole time. As far as the actual juggle, though, I think you always have to press forward with 1 and not just 1 alone. At least for my juggles I do or otherwise, the punch doesn't connect. Edit: or nvm, I might be wrong with this.

<3 Okami is one of my fav games ever, gotta represent.
One of my favs ever as well.

come on guys you don't have to sandbag for worst-6

i can take the losses, honest
I'll be in the middle of doing my move and your damn grabs will override everything, lol.

Sayah

^^^^^

Yes, ggs. I had fun.

Edit: oh, and my team will probably just end up being Nina/Anna like I had planned. I literally suck with every other character, lol.

Top Bottom