• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

...I hope I'm wrong. But there is approximately 3 weeks before release, I think they're saving that announcement to maintain the hype from there.
Grrrrr.....I guess we got enough news for now anyways.
Plus there's also going to be DLC characters after release so we probably won't even get all the character announcements before release date.
Makes us impatient but good way to maintain that hype.

So is WTF a paid service or not? If it's free then awesome, if not, then. . . wtf?

I doubt it. I don't see any legitimate reason to make people pay for that. But I hope this WTF service allows us to upload any of our replays on to the web. Would be awesome.

DEATH™

@SDBurton Sorry bro but I won't congratulate you just yet... Please get hired first... Then I'll throw and e-beer hehehe...

(Not trying to be a jerk but it's gonna hurt more when you don't get hired when you think you did everything right...)

@AAK I think Harada said there will be reveal some before AND after the release... I still expect the before to be today/tomorrow at gamescom...

DR2K

Banned
Grrrrr.....I guess we got enough news for now anyways.
Plus there's also going to be DLC characters after release so we probably won't even get all the character announcements before release date.
Makes us impatient but good way to maintain that hype.

I doubt it. I don't see any legitimate reason to make people pay for that. But I hope this WTF service allows us to upload any of our replays on to the web. Would be awesome.

If it's like SCV then we can save and upload it to youtube on PS3 at least. Should be mandotory for every fighter.

AAK

So is WTF a paid service or not? If it's free then awesome, if not, then. . . wtf?

It doesn't look like anything that is paid for.

If it's like SCV then we can save and upload it to youtube on PS3 at least. Should be mandotory for every fighter.

It's not in the game. St. George asked Harada during the Shadowloo Showdown event.

Sayah

Oh, didn't know SCV had that feature. How is the quality of the youtube uploads? I only tried this with SF3OE and the quality was pretty bad with that game.

It's not in the game. St. George asked Harada during the Shadowloo Showdown event.

Dreams ruined. :/

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DEATH™;41025756 said:
@SDBurton Sorry bro but I won't congratulate you just yet... Please get hired first... Then I'll throw and e-beer hehehe...

Ha! No problem man I hear you.

After looking at the Gamescom thread, I guess Namco Bandai is doing their thing Friday? More news then perhaps?

I hope the Harada tweet about Angel not having a bikini was just lost in translation, not worderd properly or any other reason so I can have some hope. If orge and the bears can have one so can Angel. If they can make her default outfit work with her wings then they can make a bikini/swimsuit work too. Just make one based off the Shunya Yamashit art, thats close enough to a swimsuit for me =)

DR2K

Banned
Oh, didn't know SCV had that feature. How is the quality of the youtube uploads? I only tried this with SF3OE and the quality was pretty bad with that game.

Dreams ruined. :/

Quality was 360p when uploaded directly from PS3, but could be higher quality if downloaded and uploaded from PC. iirc.

Sucks it won't be like that in TTT2, maybe it'll be direct to youtube feature this time?

AAK

Ha! No problem man I hear you.

After looking at the Gamescom thread, I guess Namco Bandai is doing their thing Friday? More news then perhaps?

Friday huh? Hope is still alive!

We also still need to see Saudi Arabia, Chile, Poland, and Russia stages as well.

Pachimari

I still expect characters and stages at Gamescom and I thought Namco didn't have a presser.

If Shin gets announced I'm gonna buy a V3 arcade stick right away! =p

Besides, I think I might settle on Jin Kazama and Leo at the moment. Of course I'll try out JayCee, Michelle and Lili - probably others.

I also think Angel in a bikini would be offending to many, I don't know.

McNum

How does Angel play, anyway? I think in Tag she was a reskinned Devil, but with Devil becoming Devil-Kazuya, does that mean Angel is branching off to get her own moveset?

Pachimari

How does Angel play, anyway? I think in Tag she was a reskinned Devil, but with Devil becoming Devil-Kazuya, does that mean Angel is branching off to get her own moveset?
Apparently she plays like Devil Jin but with some unique moves and stance of course.

McNum

Apparently she plays like Devil Jin but with some unique moves and stance of course.
I found out yesterday that I'm getting Angel with my game, so I might just try her out. And try to learn more than spam angelic laserbeams.

Apparently, we get all four pre-order characters here, so that's nice.

Pachimari

I found out yesterday that I'm getting Angel with my game, so I might just try her out. And try to learn more than spam angelic laserbeams.

Apparently, we get all four pre-order characters here, so that's nice.
Dont remind me.

We're only getting Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu. :( I asked them what do us Danes do if we want Michelle or Angel and GameStop had no idea. But again, they say the price is 999,- which is ridiculous compared to the price in the other Northern countries. So I have a little hope we'll get more pre-order details but Namco better be fast!

McNum

Dont remind me.

We're only getting Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu. :( I asked them what do us Danes do if we want Michelle or Angel and GameStop had no idea. But again, they say the price is 999,- which is ridiculous compared to the price in the other Northern countries. So I have a little hope we'll get more pre-order details but Namco better be fast!
I am also a Dane, I asked in my local Gamestop yesterday. I pretty much got the full answer because that particular store has awesome people in it.

Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu are generic pre-order DLC characters in Denmark. Given out to any store that does pre-orders. Angel and Michelle are Gamestop exclusive, which you get in addition to the the generic pre-order. So you get two packs. The 999,- game is the We Are Tekken edition. There's also the standard 499,- edition. And of course, Snoop Dogg stages and bikinis included with both versions. I'm getting the 499,- one.

And those wondering at those prices, it's in Danish Kroner. Divide by 7.5 to get Euro, more or less.

Pachimari

999,- is still WAY too much compared to the other prices. It's 574,- in Finland.

There's no chance I'll get the We Are Tekkrn edition. It's either gonna be the Normal version and/or review copy for me.

Which GameStop did you talk to? I'll go to the one in Field's tomorrow and ask them again.

Everybody has this problem to be honest. It's kind of a mess.
Personally I'll wait till the last moment (week or two before release) till I preorder. Then better offers with dlc codes should pop up.

Oh that's unfortunate then. I'd hoped that there was some retailer available to all/most of the EU that had all the bonuses at a reasonable price but I guess what you suggest with regards to waiting is the only option. Thanks for the reply.

Oh and also, congratulations to SDBurton on the interview and it going well! Even though I'm not a regular poster in this thread and am not familiar with you, hopefully you get the job.

McNum

999,- is still WAY too much compared to the other prices. It's 574,- in Finland.

There's no chance I'll get the We Are Tekkrn edition. It's either gonna be the Normal version and/or review copy for me.

Which GameStop did you talk to? I'll go to the one in Field's tomorrow and ask them again.
The one in Friis in Aalborg. If they're reading off the screen, the DLC name is truncated, they can't see it says Angel and Michelle on there.

10503_10151078701087978_688995278_n.jpg

185568_10151078701162978_1040174778_n.jpg

From Facebook, From Me, To You.

AAK

DEATH™;41036126 said:
Remember the girl reporter who's trying to learn Tekken? Yeah... she seems serious 'bout the game...

https://twitter.com/itsJuliaHardy/status/235411275964882947

Just saying...

Maybe she has the hots for brown men.... first Lion-O now Rip :p

How exactly do people know they got the pre-order bonus? When I pre-ordered the game there was no mention of it.

I just made sure with the clerk when I went to pre-order
pretty much making a deal with the devil

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
What does it say exactly? I'm looking at the receipt right now and it isn't obvious.

If it's anything like their past promo's, it will be on your final receipt they give you when the game comes out (even if you pay in full up front they will give you a final receipt).

Make sure they print the code on it though, I almost got stiffed free RB3 songs cause the guy didn't hit the correct button at first.

Dereck

If it's anything like their past promo's, it will be on your final receipt they give you when the game comes out (even if you pay in full up front they will give you a final receipt).

Make sure they print the code on it though, I almost got stiffed free RB3 songs cause the guy didn't hit the correct button at first.

No the reciept for when you physically pick the game up. It'll specifically say the DLC name and have a unique code for your system(PSN/XBL).
Thanks

Pachimari

We Are Tekken is 516 DKK here in Finland ;D

Exactly what I'm talking about.

I wonder if they just don't know if it's a placeholder price here in Denmark, because they seem VERY unsure about everything Tekken. =/

Anyway, I'm losing hope for new character reveals at Gamescom.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/15/tekken-tag-tournament-2-to-feature-3d-support-and-tekken-tunes/

In an interview at the conference, Katsuhiro Harada introduced a new mode that lets you move the soundtrack around, swap character select screen music, and change it for a stage theme.

You can also import your own songs from disc or USB on PS3 and Xbox 360. A demonstration took place, showcasing fight music from Namco classics Mappy and Xevious.

PSN users will get Tekken Tag Tournament 2 OST for free at launch, and the soundtrack from previous games will be available in Tekken Tunes mode for a cost.

Content man.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DEATH™;41046729 said:
Markman, is there gonna be a possibility that Madcatz make a TTT2 stick? Or even a re-release of the Namco Stick before?

Yes there is a VERY strong possibility that Mad Catz will make a TTT2 stick. So if I were you, if you were only willing to get ONE stick for TTT2's release. I'd wait a little while longer before you reserve dat cash for one. ;)

CSX

Are Jin and Leo very different in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 compared to Tekken 6?

Dont play Leo but for Jin...

df1,4 has changed and some moves can now transition to his stance by holding forward

He also has one or two new moves in his stance too.

Degen

From twitter
Lol

get used to that team, Aris.. we're gonna use it all the time

Are Jin and Leo very different in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 compared to Tekken 6?
Jin got a new stance that looks a lot like "Mental Alertness (2)" but he can cancel certain moves into it. Looks like a real threat. also, another new stance gives him a bunch of Devil Jin's signature moves if he's teamed with any Mishima character (including DJ). He's gonna be a lot of fun to use

Leo got a few new moves just like everybody else, but there's no major difference as far as I know

edit: beaten by a country mile. lol all I did was look at command lists

Pachimari

The one in Friis in Aalborg. If they're reading off the screen, the DLC name is truncated, they can't see it says Angel and Michelle on there.
Yeah, I just called them in Aalborg now as well. And it turns out the price was indeed placeholder, and it's now 649,-. We'll get the 4 DLC characters and Snoop Dog stage but she couldn't say anything about the 150 bikinis - they're probably included as well.

Dont play Leo but for Jin...

df1,4 has changed and some moves can now transition to his stance by holding forward

He also has one or two new moves in his stance too.

Why not Leo?
I had been waiting a whole long time for a character like her until she arrived in Tekken 6.

Lol

get used to that team, Aris.. we're gonna use it all the time

Jin got a new stance that looks a lot like "Mental Alertness (2)" but he can cancel certain moves into it. Looks like a real threat. also, another new stance gives him a bunch of Devil Jin's signature moves if he's teamed with any Mishima character (including DJ). He's gonna be a lot of fun to use

Leo got a few new moves just like everybody else, but there's no major difference as far as I know

edit: beaten by a country mile. lol all I did was look at command lists
Thanks.

So the best thing for me to do is to go through the whole command list, try out all the moves and pick a few I like and keep practicing them?

Top Bottom