• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

McNum

Ahh okay I see, thanks, gonna try it all out when I got TTT2. :)

Achievement list has been revealed also.
Hmm, I don't see anything too evil about that list. As far as i can tell, the hardest one is 1st Dan online. Most of the others just require time and practice.

I might even try to go for the platinum on this one. Don't have any of those yet.

AAK

I hope the fact that there are only 3 trophies for online mode not imply that Namco doesn't have much faith in the online for TTT2.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I hope the fact that there are only 3 trophies for online mode not imply that Namco doesn't have much faith in the online for TTT2.

I honestly don't think they would offer us so many functions and goodies that are online related only for the online itself to be terrible. Have faith!

out of like 10 total trophies. Still makes at least 20%

It's two trophies man. :lol

GrayFoxPL

Way to jump into conclusions.
Lol, people are whining about online trophies all the time. Non Capcom fighters usually stay away from those. Besides many people were crying about one ranked win trophy in T6. One win.

They just announced WTF and after SCV I think they're pretty confident about online.

AAK

I'm setting my expectations real low. A good online in Tekken is almost too good to be true and I don't want to set myself up for another devastation that's potentially another T6 :(

I mean, I would at least expect a trophy for setting up a team, or to look at your statistics at least once that forces people to explore everything available in the game. Especially considering the effort they put in that mode.

GrayFoxPL

I'm setting my expectations real low. A good online in Tekken is almost too good to be true and I don't want to set myself up for another devastation that's potentially another T6 :(

I mean, I would at least expect a trophy for setting up a team, or to look at your statistics at least once that forces people to explore everything available in the game. Especially considering the effort they put in that mode.

T6 is a devastation? Bit over the top, maybe? It's 3 year old netcode and not too bad for it's time.

Will see how DoA5 fares in comparison.

AAK

Well the devastation truly was T6 on release day... but in the end even post patch T6's online, isn't really Tekken. It's a game where reacting to throws is impossible. Reacting to quick lows is also impossible. Punishing is so erratic. Because of that other things like okizeme setups and frame traps took significant priority due to the above. I honestly play so much worse in an offline session right after playing online and vice versa because of the way the game's netcode was. It's still somewhat fun to pull off a cool whiff punisher her and there and play your favorite character against someone else 100's of kilometers away from you... but it hardly can be considered "good" IMO.

Plus it might also have to do with Canadian internet being as bad as it is.

GrayFoxPL

Well the devastation truly was T6 on release day... but in the end even post patch T6's online, isn't really Tekken. It's a game where reacting to throws is impossible. Reacting to quick lows is also impossible. Punishing is so erratic. Because of that other things like okizeme setups and frame traps took significant priority due to the above. I honestly play so much worse in an offline session right after playing online and vice versa because of the way the game's netcode was. It's still somewhat fun to pull off a cool whiff punisher her and there and play your favorite character against someone else 100's of kilometers away from you... but it hardly can be considered "good" IMO.

Plus it might also have to do with Canadian internet being as bad as it is.

Too me it always been about prediction. Even Koreans can't react to every low, throw or laucher. Not mentioning slower moves. Prediction plays as important role as reaction, maybe even bit more. In online you have to predict more for obvious reasons but with opinion that it suddenly stops being Tekken I disagree. Online will never be like offline in any game. I just hope the retarded rollback system will never hit Tekken.

Fuck yeah for minimal online trophies. Getting that 1st dan and its bye bye to ranked and online in general except for the ocassional gaf lobby. Unless of course online is actually decent.

AAK

Sure, I know not everyone can react to quick lows. And on the topic of Koreans, I've never played against any of them... however, I did speak to one Kuwaiti guy that once played against some Koreans (including Gypsy/Narakhof/Addung/others) that went to SBO 2010(I think). He told me that they could see his jab or a d/f+1 and pretty much whiff punished him from simple pokes like that. They were at such a level and to pull of something like that even the most minimal amount of lag will shut it out.

But let's even forget about things like throws and lows, how about a linear character like Lili. I should be able to sidestep a lot of her moves easily like d/f+3+4 on reaction, but again because of the way Tekken is designed where you need to sidestep and then sidewalk a certain magnitude so that the hitbox will no longer reach you... the lag in many occasions cause the magnitude of the sidestep to be reduced even though I reacted at the same time as I would have in an offline setting, and in the end I get hit by it. Games like VF can get away with it because the game puts you in an invincible state to dodge that linear move until you return to a neutral setting.

Sure some lag might be acceptable, but Tekken 6 had lag at a level where I would end up getting penalized for doing things which would've worked in an offline setting. Partially due to the way Tekken is inherently designed, but majorly contributed by the netcode itself. And in the end, that level wasn't satisfactory at all IMO which is why you can't really enjoy online Tekken to the capacity it was designed to have.

Doomshine

VUJNH.jpg

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/Xd59v

This really is incredibly awesome. Playing music from the xmb in T6 was great but now that we can have so much control with custom tracks is amazing. No more having songs playing all the time such as after the match and on the vs screen. Funny thing is that tag2 doesnt even need this as the soundtrack is amazing. The christmas stage will be replaced with the Holland stage music though =)

*edit* Damn you doomshine!

Mileena

Banned
shit, Tekken is the hardest fighting game I've tried to learn. I've been playing for 3 weeks and I feel like I'm worse than day one :(

SDBurton

This week just gets better and better.

Was about to ask if we could change the music played at the character select screen and I see that we can. Awesome!

Sayah

shit, Tekken is the hardest fighting game I've tried to learn. I've been playing for 3 weeks and I feel like I'm worse than day one :(

Don't give up man. If you're having trouble with anything, don't hesitate to ask here.
It's going to be so rewarding once you get at high-level play.

Ahh okay I see, thanks, gonna try it all out when I got TTT2. :)

Achievement list has been revealed also.

Well, that sure is going to be an easy platinum.
I remember there was that gameplay video from earlier where they unlocked like 10 trophies in a single match. lol

DR2K

Banned
T6 is a devastation? Bit over the top, maybe? It's 3 year old netcode and not too bad for it's time.

Will see how DoA5 fares in comparison.

Considering DOA got netcode right in 2004 not really much to worry about. T6 was especially bad for its time, lol. The patch did improve it from unplayable status.
SCV was superb, so if TTT2 is taking from that then there isn't much to worry about either.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
As the TEKKEN community leader, I would like to help answer any unanswered questions that may sway anyone into preorder/purchase of the title. If you have any questions that leave you on the fence, please let me know and I will answer what I can.

Thank you. :)

AAK

As a member of the TEKKEN Project Team, I would like to help answer any unanswered questions that may sway anyone into preorder/purchase of the title. If you have any questions that leave you on the fence, please let me know and I will answer what I can.

Thank you. :)

...living the dream huh? :p

Degen

I dunno, MarkMan... I could really use 1,000,001 free extras instead of just a million. just sayin', man... a free Taco Bell coupon with my preorder may just do it for me

Since I haven't played ranked before, does everything win get you a rank?
Ranks usually take longer to gain the higher you go. It's like building levels that don't affect any stats

Getting to 1st Dan should be a cakewalk if that's what you're wondering. I'm gonna aim pretty high this time if the netcode is good.

FilthieRich

Namco Community Manager
...living the dream huh? :p

Gonna come in here and help out sharing as much information that I can to keep folks up to date!

Mark is definitely a part of the TEKKEN family and we welcome him to even answer questions on our behalf. We are all one community and we are thankful for all of the help he has done for us and the entire community over the years.

I'll have more follow-up information on TEKKEN Tunes later this week, and even further info on details on World TEKKEN Federation.

- Mad love goes out to the NeoGaf cmmnty!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Gonna come in here and help out sharing as much information that I can to keep folks up to date!

Mark is definitely a part of the TEKKEN family and we welcome him to even answer questions on our behalf. We are all one community and we are thankful for all of the help he has done for us and the entire community over the years.

I'll have more follow-up information on TEKKEN Tunes later this week, and even further info on details on World TEKKEN Federation.

- Mad love goes out to the NeoGaf cmmnty!

See you this weekend? We gon' knocc em down?

Wow jeez, wasn't expecting this. MarkMan moving on up huh? :p

Good stuff guys, hopefully you guys will stick around when the new Official Topic for the console release of Tekken Tag tournament 2 is up, things are going to get hella busy around here.

Oh and just a quick heads up, the TZ wiki now has added a lot more stuff regarding the game. Still a WIP so If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. :)

C'mon September....

AAK

Damn.... gotta work on the TTT2 console thread. Trying to make it look badass as possible but man with no photoshop experience it's my first time actually learning GIMP as much as I can. I think I have a pretty cool banner. Now just to somehow cram all the information into ONE POST!

Also, trying to shift everything I did in the OP for this thread as a guide on ATP, so once this thread dies after TTT2 console's release, all that effort for the guide here won't go to waste :p

Awesome of you, Based FilthieRich to grace NeoGAF with your presence :)

SDBurton

Damn.... gotta work on the TTT2 console thread. Trying to make it look badass as possible but man with no photoshop experience it's my first time actually learning GIMP as much as I can. I think I have a pretty cool banner. Now just to somehow cram all the information into ONE POST!

Also, trying to shift everything I did in the OP for this thread as a guide on ATP, so once this thread dies after TTT2 console's release, all that effort for the guide here won't go to waste :p

Awesome of you, Based FilthieRich to grace NeoGAF with your presence :)

You got this man, looking forward to it!

It's not even difficult really.

Press a direction then press a random combination of buttons and something cool is bound to happen.

So many jabs and standing kicks...why...

AAK

Actually, I have a question for Rich/Mark:

I know a VF style frame counter is out of the game, but will you guys have the stage select option from the post VS mode menu just like VF5FS?

That thing saves so much time when the loser wants to change stages without going all the way back to the character select screen.

Top Bottom