• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm sorry I don't always post here, but I thought since there are more and more people coming in here that I'll type up an introduction. Also some brief history on me in the TEKKEN scene.

I've been playing and contributing to the scene since the Tekken 3 days (back in the days of dial up). Since then, I've been active in the TEKKEN and FG communities (some of you may know me from my involvement with the Capcom crowd) for well over 15 years now. My day job is Global Sponsorship & Community Manager at Mad Catz.

I'm senior mod/assistant director of Tekken Zaibatsu. I'm the co-founder and owner of SDTEKKEN and am honored to be a member of the TEKKEN Project Team. I look up to Harada-san and his work ethic and have a common interest to help things grow in the future.

Along with my TAG TEAM partner in crime, FilthieRich (Namco Community Manager and TEKKEN Project Team member)... We have a goal to help spread the good news of TEKKEN all over the world. You'll be seeing a lot from us. Don't be shy. Reach out and get ready for the next battle. :)

Actually, I have a question for Rich/Mark:

I know a VF style frame counter is out of the game, but will you guys have the stage select option from the post VS mode menu just like VF5FS?

That thing saves so much time when the loser wants to change stages without going all the way back to the character select screen.

The load times to go back to the character select screen are minimal. Unfortunately there is no 'quick select' style in the same reign as VF5FS. Hope this answers your question.

Bleep

As the TEKKEN community leader, I would like to help answer any unanswered questions that may sway anyone into preorder/purchase of the title. If you have any questions that leave you on the fence, please let me know and I will answer what I can.

Thank you. :)

I have already preordered and have been playing the arcade version since my city in Australia got it around six months ago, but I am curious whether Tekken-Net and World Tekken Federation will have any connection to each other. I don't expect them to, as a large portion of the world has no access to the arcade version, but it would be cool for me as someone who will continue playing the arcade version even after the home version is released.

I also really hope that all the console characters make it into the arcade version!

DR2K

Banned
Hey Markman, is there any way to upload replays to Youtube ala SCV. I heard you had said no, but maybe things have changed since then with WTF?

DEATH™

Markman and Filthie, when we buy tekken soundtracks on tekken tunes and put them on a stage, will they automatically loop them just like usual? I'm worried too that the soundtrack will stop after 2 minutes then start again...

Second, will be able to loop our own soundtracks?

Third, why so awesome??? ;p

Pachimari

Gonna come in here and help out sharing as much information that I can to keep folks up to date!

Mark is definitely a part of the TEKKEN family and we welcome him to even answer questions on our behalf. We are all one community and we are thankful for all of the help he has done for us and the entire community over the years.

I'll have more follow-up information on TEKKEN Tunes later this week, and even further info on details on World TEKKEN Federation.

- Mad love goes out to the NeoGaf cmmnty!

Fantastic, welcome aboard the NeoGAF train FilthieRich.

Degen

Didn't notice before, but it looks like the KO replay took out the slow-motion noise at the end

much better IMO. Those sounds were a little weird

AAK

Hmm... Not sure why but the load times during the EVO build were WAY faster than this. Almost 3-4 seconds only. Maybe the EVO builds had the games installed on the hardware.

I see character select and player select.... What's the difference?

Didn't notice before, but it looks like the KO replay took out the slow-motion noise at the end

much better IMO. Those sounds were a little weird

Good observation! But those were kind of funny to be honest.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey Markman, is there any way to upload replays to Youtube ala SCV. I heard you had said no, but maybe things have changed since then with WTF?

No comment at this time. There is a way to watch/save replays but no further details yet.

DEATH™;41086182 said:
Markman and Filthie, when we buy tekken soundtracks on tekken tunes and put them on a stage, will they automatically loop them just like usual? I'm worried too that the soundtrack will stop after 2 minutes then start again...

Second, will be able to loop our own soundtracks?

Third, why so awesome??? ;p

They will automatically loop, however the original tracks were designed to loop anyways. That's what you get when you get the TEKKEN TUNES music, even the bit rate (TEKKEN 1 music).

You can loop your own music/soundtracks.

Ouch, 18 seconds of loading. My biggest complaint from T6 comes true.

Hopefully install will cut that drastically.

Not installed. Once it is installed, you'll notice a world of difference.

Dereck

No comment at this time. There is a way to watch/save replays but no further details yet.

They will automatically loop, however the original tracks were designed to loop anyways. That's what you get when you get the TEKKEN TUNES music, even the bit rate (TEKKEN 1 music).

You can loop your own music/soundtracks.

Not installed. Once it is installed, you'll notice a world of difference.
What about pair play online?

AAK

Gonna be needing ideas for the OT title soon ;)

Also, pair play online will only work offine, online pair play isn't in unfortunately.

AAK

I'm confused with what you were trying to say about pair play. Please explain.

It's not like SFxT where you can play cooperatively with someone else online in your team against someone online. However, you can do that in couch multiplayer with a friend against some else online.

Dereck

It's not like SFxT where you can play cooperatively with someone else online in your team against someone online. However, you can do that in couch multiplayer with a friend against some else online.
I was afraid of this. No one I knows plays Tekken, well. It also doesn't help that whenever I'm watching TTT2 videos at work, almost everyone asks, oh, "Is that the new one?"

There is no hope for local Tekken play for me.

AAK

I'll be honest I wasn't expecting it at first at all since I knew it would have been insanely taxing to make an efficient netcode that could send so much info through 4 channels simultaneously.

But where do you live bout? I'm sure there's always local competition no matter where you are... if I found some in one of the most boring cities in Canada, there's bound to be some in the US.

Is this April 1st? You have got to be kidding me. This is a TAG game right? I can't imagine Namco would want to be outdone by Capcom of all people. I don't see this going over well.

AAK

Is this April 1st? You have got to be kidding me. This is a TAG game right? I can't imagine Namco would want to be outdone by Capcom of all people. I don't see this going over well.

You have to understand, Tekken is 3D, Capcom games are 2D. There's going to be probably 5-10x more information being sent for a game like Tekken compared to SF. It's understandable at the current state of network technology for them not to be able to accommodate it.

Dereck

You have to understand, Tekken is 3D, Capcom games are 2D. There's going to be probably 5-10x more information being sent for a game like Tekken compared to SF. It's understandable at the current state of network technology for them not to be able to accommodate it.
I do think that at some point it will be patched in if possible, but who knows really?

Degen

Sucks that pair play doesn't work with online partners. I was looking forward to that. Offline pairs work for me though

come to think of it, it'd be weird trying to coordinate when to tag in and and what moves to use during juggles over a headset

Also, pair play online will only work offine, online pair play isn't in unfortunately.
Snoop Lion feat. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT|
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Jin and Juice

Sayah

Well, damn. I was looking forward to online pair play. :/
But I suppose it's understandable why they would exclude it online.

LOL

DEATH™

For the TTT2 OT banner, I propose the Violet Girls pic...

Also:

TTT2 OT: we got more girls than DOA
TTT2 OT: Come to the darkside, we have free DLC

AAK

Points for creativity.... but There shall be no Lions or Dogs in my OT!!!! :p

Get Ready for the Next TAG BATTLE!

^A little nod to the original TTT.

I like that, realy simple yet classy

DEATH™;41103922 said:
For the TTT2 OT banner, I propose the Violet Girls pic...

I got the banner covered ;)

DEATH™;41103922 said:
TTT2 OT: we got more girls than DOA

Nah, the girls aren't something to be highlighted in Tekken...

DEATH™;41103922 said:
TTT2 OT: Come to the darkside, we have free DLC
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Kitchen Sink included

THESE are the sort of things I'm looking for... something that evokes the insane amount of content in the game.

AAK

Hmm, maybe it's used to set up pair play or they have implemented multiple profiles?

I just found out, Character select takes you back to the character select screen, Player select allows a different controller to to become the second player and such or to rearrange the teams during pair play mode. I think that's brilliant especially for offline sessions.

AAK

I wanted some clarity on that. SSJ Luffy from Germany is at Gamescom, and he just said that 2P outfits are back and there are 10 possible outfits insteadd of 4.

I think that's too good to be true and I asked him to confirm, he hasn't replied yet.

GrayFoxPL

I wanted some clarity on that. SSJ Luffy from Germany is at Gamescom, and he just said that 2P outfits are back and there are 10 possible outfits insteadd of 4.

I think that's too good to be true and I asked him to confirm, he hasn't replied yet.

That would be godly.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I just preordered ttt2 after binging on all the new media. I'm loving almost everything I'm seeing, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned:

will we finally be able to play offline with multiple profiles? my friends hated that in t6 they were screwed out of customized characters and rank when we played.

edit: also, do we know how the current version compares to the prologue resolution-wise? I know arcade-perfect isn't in the cards, but ttt2p was kind of disappointing. :p

AAK

will we finally be able to play offline with multiple profiles? my friends hated that in t6 they were screwed out of customized characters and rank when we played.

It is looking that way with the "Player selection" option in the versus mode post match menu. But it's not confirmed yet. I asked St. George to relay this concern to Harada during the Shadowloo Showdown event, Harada's response was that they're trying and making sure it doesn't exceed the memory limitations.

So hopefully they resolved it.

edit: also, do we know how the current version compares to the prologue resolution-wise? I know arcade-perfect isn't in the cards, but ttt2p was kind of disappointing. :p

MarkMan can answer this, but someone who was extremely critical with Prologue's graphics was Kane from TZ.com. He played the E3 build and said the graphics are a significant improvement and was satisfied.

Hey! Does any one know if we can change hands/arm and feet customs from the rest of the tops and bottoms. I remember in the arcade mode each top was stuck with a certain kind of glove.

AAK

Hey! Does any one know if we can change hands/arm and feet customs from the rest of the tops and bottoms. I remember in the arcade mode each top was stuck with a certain kind of glove.

That's how it is in the Arcade version, and looking at the trailers the same trend applies for console apparently. I believe it's the tradeoff when making it 2v2 where the memory couldn't handle customizing the individual hands/feet separately from the upper and lower bodies. Yeah, that's a bit disappointing, but the variety available is still very impressive regardless.

That's how it is in the Arcade version, and looking at the trailers the same trend applies for console apparently. I believe it's the tradeoff when making it 2v2 where the memory couldn't handle customizing the individual hands/feet separately from the upper and lower bodies. Yeah, that's a bit disappointing, but the variety available is still very impressive regardless.

Yeah disappointing,but not really a big deal.
Thanks for the info!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The current game looks way better than prologue both graphically and resolution wise. (IMHO of course).

So I heard we get 4 slots for custom character(1234 buttons) or was that more?

More for some characters. You actually have to hit a button to select the costume you want. You don't have a certain costume based on the button you hit.

I'm sorry I don't always post here, but I thought since there are more and more people coming in here that I'll type up an introduction. Also some brief history on me in the TEKKEN scene.

I've been playing and contributing to the scene since the Tekken 3 days (back in the days of dial up). Since then, I've been active in the TEKKEN and FG communities (some of you may know me from my involvement with the Capcom crowd) for well over 15 years now. My day job is Global Sponsorship & Community Manager at Mad Catz.

I'm senior mod/assistant director of Tekken Zaibatsu. I'm the co-founder and owner of SDTEKKEN and am honored to be a member of the TEKKEN Project Team. I look up to Harada-san and his work ethic and have a common interest to help things grow in the future.

Along with my TAG TEAM partner in crime, FilthieRich (Namco Community Manager and TEKKEN Project Team member)... We have a goal to help spread the good news of TEKKEN all over the world. You'll be seeing a lot from us. Don't be shy. Reach out and get ready for the next battle. :)

The load times to go back to the character select screen are minimal. Unfortunately there is no 'quick select' style in the same reign as VF5FS. Hope this answers your question.

As somebody who has been reading this thread pretty regularly I just want to thank you for how helpful you've been throughout. I was unaware that you were officially related to the product in question and your impact on multiple related sites and as such such a write up was very helpful (as until now I had thought you were, as your tag described, solely somebody with an interest in arcade sticks and fighting games in general) and likewise hello to FilthieRich, hopefully you'll be posting in the OT once it's up.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| 150+ Free Extras!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Bears and Robots vs. Dinosaurs and Dragons.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| The King of Ironfists.

Top Bottom