• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennessee cops restrain man in a chair and taze him 40 times.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/cheatham/2017/07/28/three-deputies-placed-administrative-leave-after-lawsuit-claims-excessive-force-used-inmate/517969001/

636367146994297269-norris.png

Three Cheatham County Sheriff's deputies have been placed on administrative leave after a Pegram teen filed suit in federal court accusing them of using excessive force while he was being held at Cheatham County Jail.

Jordan Elias Norris, 19, has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court accusing the deputies of deprivation of civil rights, citing the use of excessive force and failure to protect after he was repeatedly stunned with Tasers in the jail in November 2016. He suffered more than 40 pairs of Taser burns, many of which are unaccounted for by authorities, the lawsuit states.

Edit: Fucking autocorrect. Can a mod fix this?

ezekial45

Banned
American cops behaving more and more like Gestapo everyday. Sickening.

Even worse when the fucking President is encouraging this shit.

inner-G

Banned
WTF would you even have to do to make that seem in the realm of acceptable?

Did they think he was DUI with a nuke in the trunk or what?

American cops behaving more and more like Gestapo everyday. Sickening.

Even worse when the fucking President is encouraging this shit.

Remember when people used to believe there'd be enough blow back and public outcry to actually institute widespread training reform when they actually got caught doing this stuff to middle class white people and not just disenfranchised minorities?

LOL. Ah the good old days.

kami_sama

WTF How can they fucking taze someone 40 fucking times?
Can't you die with one or two tazes?

Also, OP I went in expecting a completely different thing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Goddamn, he's lucky he's not dead or something. Despite being 'non-lethal', Tasers can definitely kill someone.

And sorry OP, I chuckled at the thread title typo

The taser shocks by deputies were recorded by an overhead surveillance video camera and by a camera on the taser itself.
Dumb question, but do most law enforcement tasers have attached cameras? I've only ever handled a civilian grade taser and only once. Its a good idea, I've just never heard of it being used before.

Uhyve

Good lord that picture... going right for the heart.

I know it's a weird thing to focus on, but why do multiple people have a hat that says "Sheriff"?

Norris was arrested Nov. 3, 2016 and charged with felony manufacturing/possession of marijuana for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia, theft under $500 and five counts of possession of a prohibited weapon.
He was later charged with felony vandalism of over $1,000 and simple assault Nov. 7 while still incarcerated.

I'm going to guess that the cops thought they were being heros here. Even if this guy was a drug dealing dirt bag this treatment wouldn't be justified.

Al-San

Neo Member
Good lord that picture... going right for the heart.

I know it's a weird thing to focus on, but why do multiple people have a hat that says "Sheriff"?

I'm assuming that county's Sheriff's Office is in charge of the county jail over there. They really messed up. You have someone in a restraint chair like that they are normally left in an observation cell for no more than a couple hours while medical staff is supposed to check on them all while being recorded. They are supposed to be taken out of the restraint chair after two hours. I don't know what possed these individuals to use their tasers on this guy 40 times though. Once your been put in one properly , you can't even move. That's a serious misuse of force.

Enzom21

Three Cheatham County Sheriff's deputies have been placed on administrative leave
I bet this happened because the good deputies who weren't involved witnessed it and turned thes...
after a Pegram teen filed suit in federal court accusing them of using excessive force while he was being held at Cheatham County Jail.
Oh.

Jeff Sessions sending them medals of honor
Nah, this victim is white.

Top Bottom