• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

When I first got to Hell depths, the first thing I did was build a large walkway well above the lava with no other platforms or surfaces around it.

While mining Hellstone, if a worm appeared I would immediately retreat to the walkway, out of his range.

Imps, just keep spinning your pickaxe to break up the fireballs (chance to get a heart too) and make your way to the walkway. If you've built it so the walkway is the only surface they can spawn on, they'll be easy enough to run over to and smack.

I used a Molten Fury bow and that usually put them down in a couple shots.

Winterblink said:
I found a magic mirror in a chest in one of my excavations on the weekend, lets me warp to my house. Can't warp back though :( But that's 50% of my usual travel handled. Pretty awesome find.
Yeah, I have that... just needed a way to reacn the bottom quickly. It's a nice item, still upset I lost my boomerang though. Gotta check if I can remap that throw key.

snack

Messaged the following for the group buy. Just awaiting payment for the 4-pack and I'll send them out ASAP! Thanks.

bigwinnerx
elrechazao
TheBez
snack

pr0cs

I hope they can add some of those ideas, really it's impressive that the game has so much to do given how little dev time they invested thus far. If they can get back to business who knows how much further they'll get in another 4 months time.

I can understand that those people who spent a lot of time in the game have likely seen everything it has to offer but if you enjoy just adventuring and building there is a lot to do.

I'm at about 13 hours and still only have gold armor/weapons (though I suppose I'm close to finally crafting the next pickaxe past gold given my inventory).

Probably time to chill out on the game a bit so I can still have things to do as they add content.
For $10 it's money well spent.

Retro

Houston3000 said:
Yeah, I have that... just needed a way to reacn the bottom quickly. It's a nice item, still upset I lost my boomerang though. Gotta check if I can remap that throw key.

You can. If they had decent servers set up, I'd give you mine (I'm not using it and I have a few stockpiled).

Fox1304

WTH !! Just sold a bunch or precious stones to the merchant in my safehouse, supposed to be 1g and several silver, and only got a few silver each time ...
Is that a bug ?

ZZMitch

Fox1304 said:
WTH !! Just sold a bunch or precious stones to the merchant in my safehouse, supposed to be 1g and several silver, and only got a few silver each time ...
Is that a bug ?

The price given is for the total if you sold the merchant your whole stack

Woo-Fu said:
Sounds like a problem dynamite might cure.

Here's the image of my problem. I just want to tunnel through the sand going right... however i can't without the sand collapsing. anyway to add any support to get through?

sandvp.jpg

kevm3

You can tell who has been spending more time above ground vs underground by the amount of mana compared to hearts they have.

Fox1304

ZZMitch said:
The price given is for the total if you sold the merchant your whole stack

Ah ... thx. Wasn't very clear.
Also, are the jewels usefull for crafting ? Or are they just good for resell ? The mining helmet seems awesome :D

Fox1304 said:
Ah ... thx. Wasn't very clear.
Also, are the jewels usefull for crafting ? Or are they just good for resell ? The mining helmet seems awesome :D

You can use 10 of any jewel in a recipe to create a certain weapon. The type of jewel determines the colour of the blade. Can't remember what else you need to craft it though.

sixghost

aronnov reborn said:
Here's the image of my problem. I just want to tunnel through the sand going right... however i can't without the sand collapsing. anyway to add any support to get through?

sandvp.jpg
Unless there is someway that you could quickly switch from pickaxe to stone/dirt block and place it before the sand collapses, you either just have to dig down a few blocks to get under the sand, or just suck it up and get rid of all the sand.

sixghost

Baloonatic said:
You can use 10 of any jewel in a recipe to create a certain weapon. The type of jewel determines the colour of the blade. Can't remember what else you need to craft it though.
I believe it's 20 meteorite bars.

Atomski

aronnov reborn said:

sandvp.jpg

Ive bumped into this same problem and you are pretty much screwed. Why not dig down and take a slight detour around it.

sixghost said:
Unless there is someway that you could quickly switch from pickaxe to stone/dirt block and place it before the sand collapses, you either just have to dig down a few blocks to get under the sand, or just suck it up and get rid of all the sand.

just got a friend of mine to join and that's what we did. one used the pic. the other used stone

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Working on a overhead rail across the whole length of the world. With the grappling hook I can travel pretty fast left to right.
449100FE08015B6A3D8C9A74DBD5878D47A93D8D

Also started diving for treasure with the flippers.
20FBB414E0B7A1128439712BD29A639A15376A07

Boy that breathing reed sure sucks. Got tired of going to the surface so I made a few air pockets. Impossible physics ho!
AE151592AC05D8A087D9BC364E90DDD37FBF63BB

Just found an extra pair of flippers if anyone wants them. Makes water less frustrating.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's Magicka like?

It's great in single player. In multiplayer it's the same with more people and thus, better.

I found it to be fairly average in single player, but read it really came alive in co-op.

Can you recommend Terraria in single player?

ACE 1991

So how do I keep baddies out of my house when night falls? I was under the impression that they can't get through doors, but apparently this is wrong as zombies kept coming through a door I placed underneath my castle which leads to my mineshaft.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sportbilly said:
I found it to be fairly average in single player, but read it really came alive in co-op.

Can you recommend Terraria in single player?

Do you like the premise?

I would imagine Magicka is a lot more like a normal "game," if you know what I mean. Seems to have a storyline. This is a sandbox game to the core.

Of course I can recommend it. I've only played 5 or 6 hours in multiplayer so far.

ACE 1991 said:
So how do I keep baddies out of my house when night falls? I was under the impression that they can't get through doors, but apparently this is wrong as zombies kept coming through a door I placed underneath my castle which leads to my mineshaft.
Hmm Light source, background walls, table, chairs, door?

Twig

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Zombies can open doors on the Blood Moon.

Spookie

Man this game in MP is 1000% more enjoyable. I feel like I don't have to be hiding under a rock when a mob arrives now. \o/

Twig

Banned
I find multiplayer annoying because I either have to wait for someone to catch up, or catch up with someone. It's boring for me when they're all decked out, and it's boring for them when I'm all decked out.

Also, Hell is annoying whether singleplayer or multiplayer. Such a horribly designed area. "Let's make them mine almost a thousand hellstone to get fully decked out!" It's not fun. It's not even hard. It's just a grind. I would say that mining in general takes way too long. Or, rather, that all of the items are too expensive in terms of ore - demonite ore is the exception, because you only get that from drops, and you can farm it super fast with enough people.

I hope the underground jungle is more fun. But if it's anything like the dungeon... Once we opened all the chests, it became utterly meaningless. The game in its current state has no longevity. I have everything I could want except the ivy whip. Maybe the fire ball and chain. I had one once, but I gave it to a friend.

Not that I'm saying it's not worth it. I've played... *checks Steam* 29 hours? Holy shit. Plus I still want to do the jungle.

Oh, and the sky islands are complete and utter bullshit. They need to either be more fun to explore (as in, there needs to actually BE something to explore) or just plain easier to find.

I know this is an overly negative post, but I still think it's a great game. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Twig said:
I find multiplayer annoying because I either have to wait for someone to catch up, or catch up with someone. It's boring for me when they're all decked out, and it's boring for them when I'm all decked out.

Your other complaints aside, this is sort of a complaint about any game where characters can advance :-/ Playing with people of roughly the same progression is incredibly fun.

Twig

Banned
Hawkian said:
Your other complaints aside, this is sort of a complaint about any game where characters can advance :-/ Playing with people of roughly the same progression is incredibly fun.
It's true! The complaint applies to many games. There could be ways around it, though. Dunno what they are. U:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All we need for GAF multiplayer is a server. We just need somebody willing to host a server. :/

Anybody? How much did it cost to get one going for minecraft?

Bastard goblins killed my dryad :(

Hawkian said:
All we need for GAF multiplayer is a server. We just need somebody willing to host a server. :/

Anybody? How much did it cost to get one going for minecraft?

Bastard goblins killed my dryad :(
I think it's going to be harder to get a dedicated server since it's Windows-only and has the GPU requirement. Hopefully they release a separate dedicated server executable soon, but I'm guessing it's going to be Windows-only for a while since it's based on XNA.

Twig

Banned
Hawkian said:
How is it anybody is getting items from beating goblin armies? :(
I've gotten three rocket boots.

Goblin armies are goddamn boring, though. Glorified zombies(/skeletons), basically. ):

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How? They drop from goblins?

My skybridge appears to have run into a Floating island :)
7A9AB1C6E9BA69B97595B3184E66DF112015166F

Hey nice, found a Lucky Horseshoe up there, so I can jump off. =P

DarkKyo

SUPER DESTROYMAN said:
Is there a way to destroy background walls? Half of one of my rooms is stone walled, and the other half is dirt, and it bothers me wayyyy too much.
Hammer breaks walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom