• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
vareon said:
Went down to Underworld to grab some Hellstone, a Bone Serpent decided to appear. I killed it and got a Sunfury. Neat.
YOU BASTARD IT TOOK ME 6 HOURS

Vitet

And now I made two completely straight tunnels connecting to those places, so I can run to them very fast!
Jn40D.jpg

nUxYu.jpg

Kalnos

Banned
Updates to Terraria have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Items
Added Feature! - Social Slots. All normal armor and vanity items can be placed here to use their graphical appearance in place of equipped gear without overriding their stat gains.
New Vanity Items - Tuxedo Shirt and Pants
New Vanity Items - Plumber Outfit and Hat
New Vanity Items - Hero Outfit and Hat
New Vanity Item - Bunny Hood
New Vanity Item - Fish Bowl
New Vanity Item - Top Hat
New Vanity Items - Archaeologist's Outfit and Hat
New Vanity Item - Ninja Outfit.
New Vanity Item - Red Hat.
New Vanity Item - Summer Hat
New Vanity Item - Robe
New Vanity Item - Robot Hat
New Vanity Item - Gold Crown
New Item - Leather
New Item - Green Dye
New Item - Black Dye
You can now wear the Jungle Rose in your hair
The Water Candle’s enemy spawn rate increase effect now works correctly when held
Some items that were missing ‘lore text’ in their tool-tips now have them.(Breathing Reed,Grappling Hook Jungle Rose.)
Ammo items are now listed as Ammo in their tool-tip and Equipable Items that offer no stat bonus list as Vanity Items in their tool-tip. Items used in any recipe now list as Materials, in their tool-tip.
The Magic Hat now offers 2 Defense to its wearer and the Empty Bucket now offers 1 Defense to its wearer.
Dungeon Blocks now require at least a Nightmare Pick to mine, unless they are near the spawn location, where they can be mined by any pick.
Phoenix Blaster has had a reduction of stats to balance better with other items of its tier.
Gem, Mushroom and Bottle sell values have been reduced.
Hell Forges above the rock layer can be moved with any hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
Angel Statues are now more rare of a find.

NPCs
New NPC - Bunny
New NPC - Goldfish (Is also an Item)
New Enemy - Corrupt Bunny
New Enemy - Corrupt Goldfish
New Enemy - Piranha
New Enemy - Harpy
New Random Mini- Boss - King Slime
New Enemy - Bat
New Enemy - Jungle Bat
New Enemy - Jungle Slime
New Enemy - Snatcher
New Rare Enemy - Dr. Bones
New Rare Enemy - The Groom
New NPC - A Clothier will now move into your town when the conditions are met.
Enemy spawn distance has been pushed back to the maximum resolution to ensure that they will never spawn on the screen.
Enemy spawn rates have been adjusted to account for the increased spawn distance.
Enemy projectiles no longer drop hearts or stars when killed by the player.
The Eater of Worlds now has Higher HP, Def and Dmg, making battling him more difficult.
Hornets no longer appear as if they are about to flip over while flying.
The Dead Miner is now a bit stronger.
Tim’s spawn chance has been reduced.

Player
Players now have 1 second of invulnerability after they spawn.
The eat/drink animation now plays correctly.

World-Gen
Surface Jungle’s are now possible on mud that is on the surface. Jungle trees will auto-grow on their own, as acorns are not usable on the jungle grass.
Chasms are now less frequent to appear, but always have an orb.
Mud now ‘blends’ graphically with dirt, rather than stone to add for a more crisp look in Jungles.
Jungle plants now grow underwater.

Multiplayer
Increased client side security.
Selecting summon items will no longer cause monsters to summon.
Players with a name over 20 characters will now get booted from the server.
Added some minor anti-grief protection.
Fixed a bug that would cause the client to attempt to summon an NPC during a multiplayer game and crash.
Added the -host command line parameter to the client.

Server
Improved server timing, which should help reduce lag.
Added several new command line and config options. These are listed in serverconfig.txt
Servers will now output to crashlog.txt before crashing, allowing for more specific bug reporting.
Clients will now output to client-crashlog.txt before crashing, allowing for more specific bug reporting.

Misc.
Screen resolutions now have limits of 800x600 minimum and 1920x1200 maximum.
Added an option that will pause the game while talking to an NPC or opening your inventory in single player. It defaults to off.
Added an option to automatically save the world every 10 minutes. Defaults to on.
Added a prompt to load a world backup if the current world is corrupt.
Added a check to determine if a world file was loaded successfully.
Attempting to Launch the game from the Terraria.exe, will now inform you to launch via Steam rather then doing nothing at all with no indication of why.
Backing out of the port selection screen now plays the correct sound.
Setting options now correctly align with the center of the screen in all resolutions.
The settings menu has been reorganized. All video related options have their own menu
The “Tink” sound now has a more dull sound.
The Re-Logic splash screen, now scales correctly in other resolutions.

Patch Notes
Wow, that update is amazing! Absolutely love that they added so many new enemies and a whole new crafting category and NPC. I might try the pause while in menu option, though sometimes I walk around with items selected to throw them out easily so it could be more annoying then good.

Do wish they added more items (weapons, armor, etc) but I really can't complain with that much new content.

Dice

So my town now has bunnies. That's cute.

It said the clothier arrived but I don't see him. He could have decided to live in my piggy bank shrine, but there is also a house down in hell (kind of precariously placed, so he would have died) and one by the dungeon. With all these additions I may just start a new world.

Phoenix Blaster nerf is sad. I'm just going to stop using it now.

Retro

Holy christ, I was feeling kind of frustrated with the game while building a town (NPCs aren't moving in where I want them) and had stopped playing to simmer for a while, but I'm seriously considering picking this all back up again, considering all that new stuff to find.

Wow.

Dice

Retro said:
Holy christ, I was feeling kind of frustrated with the game while building a town (NPCs aren't moving in where I want them) and had stopped playing to simmer for a while, but I'm seriously considering picking this all back up again, considering all that new stuff to find.
Indeed. I learned that nurse is a hussy and a gold digger. In my new world I'll probably do an apartment complex like some others have done. Separate houses are cool but only if you can style them to each NPC, and that's so much trouble.

Retro

Dice said:
Indeed. I learned that nurse is a hussy and a gold digger. In my new world I'll probably do an apartment complex like some others have done. Separate houses are cool but only if you can style them to each NPC, and that's so much trouble.

I had a huge library (Guide) but the Merchant moved into it for some reason (I didn't have any rooms with tables other than the one for the Guide).

Next to that was a greenhouse for the Dryad, connected via bridge to a big temple/hospital for the nurse and then a large smith's tower for storage. All of this behind a huge dam that kept a large lake back (The lake had an island in it with some ruins, that was my spawn point.

Hell, maybe I need to just take some pictures... demolished my greenhouse though.

Dice

Kind of annoying to start a new world, but there is so much stuff anyway and I doubt it's all dropping from pots. I got most of the chests, so I guess it makes sense if I want new items. That will also be more interesting to do than just search for new enemies. I'll simply naturally come across them.

This is cool: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/guides-traps.24721/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Awesome patch. Can't wait to check out all the new stuff.

These updates are even bigger than the ones Minecraft had before Notch started sucking.

balddemon

Banned
me and my buddy still can't play MP with either Host and Play or the TerrariaServer.exe....does he need to connect to my ipv4 address or my ip i get from whatsmyip.org? because either one isn't working. we really wanna start a large world together lol.

Maybe your router's getting in the way? You might need to set up NAT on the port that the server runs on, or put your computer in the router's DMZ (worse option).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All I had to do was forward the port and I could host flawlessly.

Is the phoenix blaster nerf really that bad even with meteor shot? I was about to craft it...

Dice

My new world is pretty cool. My gigantic house is on top of a mountain, which makes for great defense strategies. The caves under my house are pretty crazy, a lot more open than my original world. I wonder if they changed the way they generate. The surface jungle area is fantastic, especially since trees grow there without planting acorns.

Hawkian said:
Is the phoenix blaster nerf really that bad even with meteor shot? I was about to craft it...
Eh, it toasted the eye of cthulhu pretty damn well just now. I guess that is why they nerfed it, but I'd like it to be stronger to take out annoying enemies more quickly.

balddemon

Banned
i would really love it if someone tried to connect to my server 5.8.229.224 and pm what they get. my buddy keeps getting infinte connecting to server

Just tried, and it sat on "connecting to 5.8..." for a good minute and a half before I quit. What is your home network arrangement, and are you starting the server on the default (7777) port?

balddemon

Banned
slidewinder said:
Just tried, and it sat on "connecting to 5.8..." for a good minute and a half before I quit. What is your home network arrangement, and are you starting the server on the default (7777) port?

yeah its on port 7777. wireless using a DI-624 router, and terraria and the console are allowed through my firewall. host and play doesn't work, and the console wont work either.

that is the same problem i get when i try to connect to my friend, and the same problem he gets connecting to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yo- anybody have any cool item combinations with the new armor appearance slots?

Okay. Found my first bunny. I cannot remove or kill it. This is a problem, for I do not like bunnies.

DarkKyo

Bad_Boy said:
would be nice if this got picked up and ported to vita. :x
Vita?? The game is like 20 mb... that's a waste of technology. There is no reason for it to be on Vita. It could have been on Gameboy Advance...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dechaios said:
Vita?? The game is like 20 mb... that's a waste of technology. There is no reason for it to be on Vita. It could have been on Gameboy Advance...

hah, I suspect that's ludicrous... at the very least it wouldn't be getting updates like this

balddemon said:
yeah its on port 7777. wireless using a DI-624 router, and terraria and the console are allowed through my firewall. host and play doesn't work, and the console wont work either.

that is the same problem i get when i try to connect to my friend, and the same problem he gets connecting to me.
And you have gone into your router's settings and forwarded port 7777 to your computer? Because just letting the .exes through your firewall is not enough; maybe this page will help if you haven't done this yet.

Dice

Okay, got things all set up for the initial stages. Pretty basic right now but I have everyone together in a safe environment.

The bunnies were trapped in a ditch so I dug out that cave for them to frolic in.

balddemon

Banned
slidewinder said:
And you have gone into your router's settings and forwarded port 7777 to your computer? Because just letting the .exes through your firewall is not enough; maybe this page will help if you haven't done this yet.

yeah i forwarded 7777 and even double checked my work just now. i kind of just give up. maybe a quick reboot of the computers will fix it lol

kevm3

animlboogy said:
You can download updates through PSN on Vita. And then there's the touchscreen, which solves the block placement issue. It'd basically be the best, most full-featured Mini ever. You'd say no to that?

It'd work just as well on 3DS if updates are supported similarly.

Seeing as how Sony was allowing steam integration, it could also possibly allow for cloud saves, allowing you to play on PC and continue on vita.

chixdiggit said:
So do you have to start a new world to have the changes take effect? Will these changes apply to my existing world?

NPCs and new enemies will show up in old worlds. I don't think the contents of chests will change, so you won't get new items in them.

balddemon

Banned
chixdiggit said:
So do you have to start a new world to have the changes take effect? Will these changes apply to my existing world?

yeah they're applied to your existing world, although if the clothes can be found in chests on an existing world. i would doubt it, if they can be found in chests at all.

NBtoaster said:
Just found a bunny!

What does he do?

hops around looking adorable. try throwing some vile powder on it and see what happens.

balddemon

Banned
Hawkian said:
Anyone have any good item combos for the new appearance slots?
i have found that the bunny hood looks good with everything. but i've only tried the tux and the mario suit so far. so thats not everything, lol. i'm stickin with the tux and bunny hood though.

Do you have to start a new world for patch changes? :(
only if you want to possibly find clothes in chests, or an above ground jungle. everything else (npc, enemies) updates to your world.

kevm3

Who thought it was a good idea to flood the underworld with even more imps and bone serpents? They were annoying enough as is. Thank God I got most of the molten equipment before the update.

Retro

I decided to blow up my town and start in a new world. Going is kinda slow because dynamite won't clear out dungeon bricks and I used a lot of those (which is why NPCs won't move in either, I've discovered).

I'm going to generate a bunch of maps and use the map viewer to pick the ideal one, I was pissed off that I wanted a bunch of water in my last map and there was none at any respectable elevation for aqueducts... and I sure as hell ain't using buckets.

So I'm slowly tearing apart all that shit, wishing there was another level of explosive to use to clear out more stuff at once.

I find I'm increasingly likely to get frustrated that I can't control where NPCs go. I don't want a huge apartment complex for them, I want a big city... but I'm just going to have to build it in such a way that they all have living quarters up off the ground floor so they fucking STAY PUT. Bastards.

Otherwise, I haven't even dug below the surface to see any of the new enemies. I imagine I will on my new map when I make a shaft down to Hell.

Dice

Alright fuckers, there is only one thing I want from this world... CLOTHES!

A bit girly, perhaps, but there you have it. Sad that accessories are so limited/obvious. I mean, once you get cobalt shield, that slot is gone forever, same for rocket boots if you also have the jungle outfit, then you have another slot saved for switching between flippers and obsidian skull. The effect of whatever is in the next two is pretty limited. Right now I have health and magic regen, but even though I have rocket boots, I'm thinking the slow benefit of a single health regen is not as good as a red balloon.

Do I really need anything more? No, but it's more that what I have now is how the game feels like it's supposed to be. Stacking up magic regen and being a caster at the expense of the rest is... bleh. I think it would be better to make items that give you a percentage increase more potent but not stack.

I also wish you could auto-reject some items. I have plenty of lenses, hooks, cobwebs, and shrooms! I never want any vile or corrupted things! If I won't be grabbing 100+ of them in the area, I don't want mud or sand taking up slots! I'm trying to harvest precious materials here! Stop taking up my item slots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom