• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Vampire Baseball said:
Just bought this game today, went to the gaf server, couldnt open a door and left. :(

.... What's with people paying a mere $10 for a fairly original, fantastic-looking indie game and having these knee-jerk bail-out reactions to little things like having to use an IP to connect to multiplayer or not knowing how to open a door? Never seen people react this way to any other game that I can remember.

Derrick01

Banned
So yeah this game is pretty amazing, but kind of tough too. I was doing some mining and I see on the side that the king slime appeared. Since I was just barely underground I figured I'd try to take him out (I have a gold broadsword and a mix of silver/gold defensive gear). Luckily I was able to cheese the fight since the thing was too big to fall into my 2-3 space wide hole, so I could hide just low enough to where he couldn't hurt me but I could hurt him.

Things were going well and I got him to half health pretty quick thanks to my jester arrows, but then out of nowhere that giant fucking eyeball thing comes too! FUCK. So between the slime and his adds, the eye and all his little eye monsters, AND the fact that it was night time so I had zombies too, shit was getting out of control fast. I must have used about 30 lesser and normal health potions before finally killing the king slime (my first boss kill!). I tried to take out the eye but only got a little under halfway before he transformed and just tore me apart :(

So I take it I can get the dryad to come now? I built another part of my base for him/her but I had to stop playing right after. I seriously need to restock on potions, sticky bombs and arrows for that damn Eye.

Also, how can I mine those stones in the corrupt areas? I have a gold pickaxe but it wasn't doing the job.

Retro said:
.... What's with people paying a mere $10 for a fairly original, fantastic-looking indie game and having these knee-jerk bail-out reactions to little things like having to use an IP to connect to multiplayer or not knowing how to open a door? Never seen people react this way to any other game that I can remember.

I never said I stopped playing. :p I went to my own little world and started building. :D Also, thanks Mug for the help.

Retro

Derrick01 said:
So I take it I can get the dryad to come now? I built another part of my base for him/her but I had to stop playing right after. I seriously need to restock on potions, sticky bombs and arrows for that damn Eye.

Also, how can I mine those stones in the corrupt areas? I have a gold pickaxe but it wasn't doing the job.

Yikes, usually bosses don't spawn on top of eachother like that, and at nigh too is pretty rough.

Dryad should move into a proper house within a day or two, don't worry if it's not immediately.

Ebonstone (The brick around corruption) can only be mined with a Nightmare Pickaxe or higher, which is crafted from Demonite. If your world is fairly new, you might be able to find some in deposits around corruption (it was added in a recent patch). Otherwise, Demonite is obtained from the Eye and (I think) the Eater of Worlds.

Luckily, the Dryad sells Purification Powder that you can use to turn Ebonstone into regular old stone. It's used in a fairly wide spread, so picking up a bag will let you clear good chunks of the corruption away.

Vampire Baseball said:
I never said I stopped playing. :p I went to my own little world and started building. :D Also, thanks Mug for the help.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd quit completely... Besides, there's a way without doors to the right, if I remember correctly... either way, be sure to hit the GAF server up again, if only to get some loot.

Derrick01

Banned
Retro said:
Yikes, usually bosses don't spawn on top of eachother like that, and at nigh too is pretty rough.

Dryad should move into a proper house within a day or two, don't worry if it's not immediately.

Ebonstone (The brick around corruption) can only be mined with a Nightmare Pickaxe or higher, which is crafted from Demonite. If your world is fairly new, you might be able to find some in deposits around corruption (it was added in a recent patch). Otherwise, Demonite is obtained from the Eye and (I think) the Eater of Worlds.

Luckily, the Dryad sells Purification Powder that you can use to turn Ebonstone into regular old stone. It's used in a fairly wide spread, so picking up a bag will let you clear good chunks of the corruption away.

Ah ok thanks. I got the game about a week ago so there should be some but I think I'll probably use the Dryad for now since I have a nice little store of gold in a chest at my base. It's hard to do much at the corruption since I usually have like 10 of those floating monsters coming at me all the time. They don't do a lot of damage to me anymore but they're a pain in the ass.

That Eye will go down next but I need to restock my arrow supply. In that madness I used almost everything I had, even with a bunch of archery potions. The fact that it can go through walls really screws up my cheesing strategy :lol

Retro

Derrick01 said:
Ah ok thanks. I got the game about a week ago so there should be some but I think I'll probably use the Dryad for now since I have a nice little store of gold in a chest at my base. It's hard to do much at the corruption since I usually have like 10 of those floating monsters coming at me all the time. They don't do a lot of damage to me anymore but they're a pain in the ass.

That Eye will go down next but I need to restock my arrow supply. In that madness I used almost everything I had, even with a bunch of archery potions. The fact that it can go through walls really screws up my cheesing strategy :lol

You might consider hanging out in the Corruption a little to farm some Worm Teeth, which can be used to produce Unholy Arrows (1 less damage than Jesters). You'll always get at least 3 from each segment of the Devourers (the larger worms that hang out in corruption) and one tooth yields 3 arrows. Jester Arrows are only found in chests, so you'd have a harder time getting them.

That and getting any raw Demonite down in the corruption would help 32 ore will allow you to make a Demon Bow, which is probably a nice upgrade too.

As for the Eye, I always find it's better to fight him in an elevated location or a bridge so you can see him moving around when he's under you. He's definitely harder to beat when he starts flying at you though.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Vampire Baseball said:
Just bought this game today, went to the gaf server, couldnt open a door and left. :(

Its a good thing we didn't bother to do the double-door security system on all the buildings on the server. That would definitely mess up anyone not familiar w/ it. :p

Okay guys, for those who've been on the server, and those who would like to go to the server, but haven't yet, taking a quick poll...

New patch comes out, make new world/server?

While I am growing attached to the current one, its sorta obvious that w/o anything to do other than build, a lot of you get really bored (considering how we pretty much cleared out the server in about 3 days). If we make a new server, I might have to make a house rule for "pacing", possibly schedule when certain things occur (like beating the Dungeon boss, etc). I might also have to make a rule about the "free crap" we give away all the time. Maybe. I'm willing to take suggestions. But first, I repeat the question:

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm loving this game. I haven't challenged myself to do anything too complex but I have a big house under construction and I've done a lot of spelunking.

I think I'll check out this GAF server. Last time I tried it wouldn't connect. :(

Wow, this place is nice!

Retro

HaRyu said:

As long as the old one is available for downloading somewhere. I'd hate to think of some of that fantastic pixel art being lost forever.

Otherwise, yes, absolutely. By the time I got to the server there was nothing left to do but build (not that I have any trouble with that) and hunt down meteors. I'm also in favor of us maybe putting our heads together and making a "GAF Help List" of things we keep on the server in supply for new players. For example, Lucky Horseshoes are typically very very useful, not very game-breaking, but very hard to find (up on the floating islands, mostly). I see no reason why we couldn't keep a supply of, say, Gel, some more advanced weapons (nothing beyond Iron, really), some basic building supplies and a few odds and ends.

We could even, in theory, build GAF HQ so that certain rooms of loot are only accessible if you have the right tools. Keep the Silver/Gold quality stuff up in an area you can only grapple to, for example? Honestly, the best part of this game is starting fresh with a hostile world and two options; dig or die. It's not quite so brutal as minecraft, but finding all of the cool new goodies you can craft is part of the charm. Handing loot out defeats that purpose, even if our intentions are good.

Plus, new worlds = new biomes = even more stuff to do.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, the GAF world was pretty neat, I enjoyed seeing such advanced structures. I wanted to contribute so I dug you guys a really deep hole.

Retro

Snuggler said:
Yeah, the GAF world was pretty neat, I enjoyed seeing such advanced structures. I wanted to contribute so I dug you guys a really deep hole.

We have a couple of them already. There's one under the Metroid that goes directly to hell, and I think there might be a few more.

But I think we can all agree that in Terraria and Life, a good hole is always welcome.

Retro

Jdez15 said:
Anyone know when the next update is for terraria?

Right now, we know they're working on two updates; 1.0.6 which is going to add some inventory management features (and critical hits, apparently) and 1.1, which is supposed to be a major patch. No date for either of them, but rumblings about 1.0.6 have been pretty frequent.

Based on their past performance, we might see 1.0.6 this weekend. But I wouldn't count on it. Generally the patch notes go live at the same time as the patches. We're in the dark right up until then.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Jdez15 said:
Anyone know when the next update is for terraria?

They tend to trickle out info, then drop the update on us w/o any warning. :p

Just sit tight and wait for it. Don't get too excited about it though, they did say it wasnt going to be that major of an update. Of course, they said that last week... it could have changed by the time they actually release the update. :D

Soule

They've been pretty constant and quick with their updates which is one of the best things about this game so far. I'm guessing the next update will be this weekend but I wouldn't be surprised if it was next. I would be surprised if it was any longer than that and would expect a pretty big patch.

Haven't played in quite a while, I may take a hiatus until 1.1, I did so much so fast and burnt through the vanilla content and first few updates so quickly I wanna let them fill it out a bit more before I come back.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there some sort of special house requirement for the dryad that I'm missing here? I built an extension into my base, did all the normal requirements and it's been a few in game days and still nothing. I killed the king slime and I'm guessing that was a boss.

The only thing that I can even think of that I may have messed up was that I have a 1 layer wall between my hallway leading up to the base and the house, with a door that opens between the two, but the rest of the rooms in my base only have 1 wall seperating them from the main room and the other npcs moved in with no problem.

edit: Nevermind I think I figured it out. I was looking at the official wiki and it has king slime under the mini boss category, not boss. Guess I have to kill that damn Eye.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sorry for the dumb question, but is there any way to prevent zombies/any enemies from spawning inside my house? Somone one of them got in there. It's totally blocked off with wood and I have two doors. Is it becuase I went away from the screen with my house? Or is it because I'm using dirt walls for the background?

I wanna keep that shit locked up.

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah it's the dirt walls, never use those as monsters spawn on them. Wood or Stone or anything else you want is better.

You should also raise your house/npc houses in some way so when the blood moon comes they won't be able to get in to your house or any of the npc's. The zombies can open doors on blood moons

Retro

Snuggler said:
Sorry for the dumb question, but is there any way to prevent zombies/any enemies from spawning inside my house? Somone one of them got in there. It's totally blocked off with wood and I have two doors. Is it becuase I went away from the screen with my house? Or is it because I'm using dirt walls for the background?

I wanna keep that shit locked up.

Pretty sure Dirt Walls don't count as a viable building material, any more than dirt blocks do. You may have to upgrade to Wood or stone.

I'm fairly certain if you leave gaps in your wall as well (for windows), that can allow them to spawn inside also. There's a restriction on window sizes, but it's not concrete or confirmed by the devs. From what I've heard, 4 blocks total is the largest acceptable, so a 1x4 or 2x2 gap is okay.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Alright, thanks guys. I've got a butt load of stone so I'll use that instead. I've got a lot of hammer smashing to do.

This game is so good.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bad_Boy said:
touch screen and joystick would work fine imo.

edit:
good example of creation tools and platforming already being done on vita
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkLq_r_YToY
The problem is that creating sprite-based buildings would be completely cumbersome with touch controls and a joystick. This game couldn't even work on a DS unless you enjoy spending countless moments being irritated at the fact that building a room is taking you 5 minutes instead of 10 seconds.

HaRyu said:
-He mentions that there's new hairstyles. http://i.imgur.com/iybZL.png
Finally! A bearded hairstyle that doesn't look absolute balls. It would be even cooler if the beard was maintained even with helmets on.

Retro

A future patch may remove the auto-home on log-out feature. One of the Devs just posted a poll asking what people think;

Blue said:
Occasionally, players ask why the game doesn't save your location when you log out. Firstly, I would like to hear your opinions on that idea. Please make your choice in the above poll.

There are a few reasons people feel this feature 'should' be implemented.

Pros

* Magic Mirror wouldn't be totally useless, since log out log in teleporting is free at all times.
* Escaping from a dangerous situation wouldn't be a button and a click.
* Returning home would take you time and effort, and not be laughably easy.
* Hardcore players would find themselves with more of a challenge returning from a deep delve into the world.
* Custom map makers could have it so you can continue their map from where you were, without having to have them always place a bed for you to save your progress.
* Eventually, when PVP is added, teams would not be able to quick return to their base to defend it in times of trouble.
* You would no longer have to 'get back to where you were exploring' if you had to log out for some reason beyond your control. (IE your parents say "GO TO BED NOW!" or.. boss saying "Get back to work!" :p )

But also, while the above is true, there are a few issues caused by this feature. This is why it has not been done as of yet. So if you want to discuss possible solutions, please do so here.

Cons

* The world may change when you are gone and spawning in a wall would either kill you, or erase the wall. Both could be troublesome to yourself and to other players whom have built the building you just spawned in and damaged. This could pose a problem for HC players most of all, as spawning over lava, or in water, that wasn't there previously would end your run.
* Players who are 'stuck' with no way out due to going somewhere they shouldn't have, or didn't realize would be so hard, will no longer have this safety net.
* Travel takes a while on large maps. Sometimes its just nice to be home when you want to be.

Please discuss this so we can see the general opinion on this possible change. (source)

Retro said:
A future patch may remove the auto-home on log-out feature. One of the Devs just posted a poll asking what people think;
Hmm, I think saving location on exit would be a good idea for pretty much all the reasons mentioned and you should just die if you spawn into a player made structure.

I don't really see the cons, if you're playing hardcore on a MP server then you should make sure to Magic Mirror before quitting - just one of the added precautions you should probably take if you want to stay alive.

Derrick01

Banned
I probably played around 10 hours before I got a magic mirror so I don't want them to axe this "feature". The tunnels I dug were a pain in the ass to get back out of before I had double jump and that hookshot, and I don't want to climb out of 1000 foot caverns.

I guess I'll be saving all the magic mirrors I find for future characters just in case they do this.

Retro

Apparently they are working on new sprites for the Dark Lance and Night's Edge; Tiy tweeted this earlier:

z6Lhq.png

Derrick01 said:
I probably played around 10 hours before I got a magic mirror so I don't want them to axe this "feature". The tunnels I dug were a pain in the ass to get back out of before I had double jump and that hookshot, and I don't want to climb out of 1000 foot caverns.

I guess I'll be saving all the magic mirrors I find for future characters just in case they do this.

If they do make this change, chances are magic mirrors will remain much as they are, but they'll be sure to add some new teleportation method with limited uses for players who haven't gotten a mirror yet.

Derrick01 said:

Same here but I didn't even know the magic mirror existed (let alone cloud in a bottle or the grappling hook). I simply built all my tunnels sloped and used ample amounts of platforms to make it easy to climb out. Literally for the first two days I would climb in and out of my mine not even realizing quitting and reloading the world would reset me at my bed (granted I also died a bunch) - my first mine was quite awesome because of this - not just a straight hole to hell with a bunch of off-shoots. I thought the Magic Mirror was amazing when I first got it and was a little disappointed and disenchanted when I learned you could just reload to teleport.

Something that might be cool is teleportation shrines scattered around the underground that would just teleport you home... at least on the first/second layers so that you'd never have to travel too far to find one.

Okay, so after 17 hours played, this is awesome. I'm having a great time just exploring with friends. We got to Hell the other day; after 20 or so tries we got acquired the potion that makes you fall slower, so we actually got to the 'floor' of Hell. Needless to say the bricks burned us up. I think we lasted like 10 seconds...

Retro, you were right - a bit of patience and it pays off in bucket loads.

p.s. - is there any way to reset the spawn point?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
MarshMellow96 said:

Nope, spawn point is always exactly in the middle horizontally, and the lowest possible surface point closest to 0 elevation.

Retro

MarshMellow96 said:
Retro, you were right - a bit of patience and it pays off in bucket loads.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. The underground is so massive you can spend what feels like forever just digging and digging and digging. And then you see a small opening to your right, and you dig towards it and it opens up into a massive cave with a treasure chest and all sorts of baddies...

Love that feeling of discovery.

As for your brick-burning problem, look into getting some water and lava in close proximity to each other, the end result will inevitably lead to a solution. Not saying more than that.

MarshMellow96 said:

The initial spawning point can't be moved, but you can craft a bed from wood and silk (made from cobweb), allowing you to set a new spawn point where ever you want (as long as it meets the requirements of an NPC's room; solid walls, floors, etc.).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Marrshu said:
Yup, Dirt Walls aren't actually walls in the sense of a house. Smack all that down and replace them with wood or stone. Or, if you're got the resources, Gray Brick Wall

I'm bashing down all the dirt walls but it's quite the task with my crappy wooden hammer. It took me forever to place them all too, lol, but I spent too much time building the structure to abandon it now. I also dug a pretty sweet tunnel under my mansion so I'll have to fix that too.

It's repetitive but in a very addictive, trance enducing in a way. My next task is to figure out how to make an outfit for my dude.

On a different note, the OP should add the NeoGAF server IP to the first page so I don't have to dig to find it.

Derrick01

Banned
man fuck these meteor head things, they're endless! It's hard as hell to mine meteor stones when 4 of those things are coming at me constantly from all sides and doing like 35 a hit (thankfully I have 340 health but still a pain in the ass). It doesn't help that the meteor landed right next to a corrupted area so I got all those things pestering me too.

This game is definitely a patience test at times. I'm still in love with it though.

Retro

Part 2 of the 1.0.6 Preview just went up!

(Updating this post, check back in a minute)

yl316.png

* There is now a lock button on the top left of the inventory that disables changing the selected hotbar item with mouse clicks.
* Items sold to NPCs can now be repurchased for the selling price.
* There are now 4 ammo slots in your inventory. (Next to coins)
* Life text above the hearts now displays actual life amount.
* Mana is now blue instead of purple, this includes mana potions and combat text. (Health gain text is now green)
* Right clicking accessories and armor now automatically equips them.
* Holding shift while clicking items vendors them if at a shop, or trashes them if not.
* Adding and removing backgrounds has been sped up. In addition the game will automatically fill in 1 tile holes in the wall when placing them.

The amount of damage given and received now has a 15% variance. Players also now have the ability to do critical strikes for 100% extra damage. The base chance right now is 4%, but this number can be increased with gear.

MyzoU.png

There are now status ailments in addition to buffs. A few that have been added so far are Poisoned, On Fire!, Cursed, and Darkness. This also applies to most NPCs. Flaming arrows just became a lot more useful...

The magic system has been greatly improved. Mana regeneration has been replaced with max mana increase on items. The speed that mana regenerates depends on what your maximum mana is, and what percent your mana bar is at. If your mana bar is near empty it will regenerate slower than if it was almost full. This encourages careful mana use, while still allowing the ability to go all out if needed.

Ranged players are also getting a bit of love in this update. Necro armor now has a set bonus that reduces the amount of ammo used by %20. Melee players shouldn't feel left out either with the improved flail mechanics that are coming their way.

rrwpe.png

Probably one of the biggest core changes that you guys will notice with this update is how potions are now handled. A lot of players have mentioned to me that this game takes a huge turn in difficulty around the corruption phase. We've found this mainly to be due to the fact that the player has quite a bit of life and can easily refill half of it every 15 seconds. This seems to make the game feel less about skill and more about gear, as you don't really have to worry too much about taking damage.

FQcGJ.png

(Retro: Yikes, that's HALF what they used to heal.)
You are probably wondering how you are supposed to get life back now that you can only restore 5 hearts every minute. Life will now automatically regenerate depending on how long it's been since you've been hit. This change doesn't really make the game feel any harder or easier, as much as it just encourages players to avoid taking damage.

(source)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Adding and removing backgrounds has been sped up. In addition the game will automatically fill in 1 tile holes in the wall when placing them.

I've spent the last hour or so pounding away at backgrounds, so this is good news. I'll wait it out.

Anyways, I snagged some nice loot at the GAF server. It was like being a kid in a candy store.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed one of the pics...
locked.png

A chest... with a lock... and you need a key. :p

I like the tweaks they made. This seems a somewhat major update though, as opposed to them claiming its a minor update.

Retro

Last tidbits of the new preview;

I still don't have a time-line for when this patch is going to be out. I am really trying to perfect the current content in the game before I start adding more progression stuff to it.

Edit: haha, our posts are practically identical. I'll edit mine.

atre324 said:
I see obsidian ruins in the underworld in one of those pics. Also ooo, locked chests. I really don't like potion sickness but hopefully they tweak the spawn rate so it's not so impossible to avoid damage in the underworld/dungeon/jungle. I really can't wait for this update :eek:

edit edit: or are those just blue bricks?

CwCrB.png

Yeah, good catch. The Hellfire furnace there makes me think this isn't just the dungeon intruding into Hell (which happens), so probably not just blue bricks. It's possible there will be new obsidian-based structures added to Hell too, then.

atre324

I see obsidian ruins in the underworld in one of those pics. Also ooo, locked chests. I really don't like potion sickness but hopefully they tweak the spawn rate so it's not so impossible to avoid damage in the underworld/dungeon/jungle. I really can't wait for this update :eek:

edit: here's the image. I really hope they eventually let us make or otherwise recover obsidian and hellstone back walls!
crits.png

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
atre324 said:

edit: here's the image. I really hope they eventually let us make or otherwise recover obsidian and hellstone back walls!
crits.png

Pretty sure those are blue bricks.

And the potion sickness thing, I have a feeling that it kicks in when you drink too many potions in a short period of time. While that may be a bad thing, it does make one not spam the potions and actually play carefully. (I spam recovery potions a lot... :p )

Also, some thoughts on the status ailments:

On Fire! probably also kicks in when you touch lava (unprotected, obviously). This also makes those lava slimes even more dangerous. :p

Poison effect would either mean poison plants/obstacles/pools, and/or poison enemy types. Gut instinct telling me that there's gonna be a poison slime, that splashes poison like how the lava slime splashes lava when its killed.

Cursed? Games sometimes use "curse" differently, but the most common way its used is that equipment is cursed, and you cant take them off once you equip them (usually w/ some sort of penalty while you still wear it). Maybe they're finally going to make those Angel Statues useful, and have them "un-curse".

Generally, you have to assume that if there's status ailments, that there may be possible potion cures. So more farming! YAY! (No seriously, I love farming)

Retro

HaRyu said:
Pretty sure those are blue bricks.

And the potion sickness thing, I have a feeling that it kicks in when you drink too many potions in a short period of time. While that may be a bad thing, it does make one not spam the potions and actually play carefully. (I spam recovery potions a lot... :p )

Same. I'm still suffering from a debilitating case of MMO-Mindset with some severe rusting of the gamer skills on the side. It's lead me to basically approach every fight as "Must have full health, must spam potions, dodging, what is that?"

... fuckin' MMOs.

Derrick01

Banned
aww they're nerfing potions? I'm having a hard enough time as it is around these corruption and meteor areas. Also with fire effects I have pretty much 0 chance getting meteor rocks now, assuming that those heads will light me on fire since...well, they're on fire.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Retro said:
Same. I'm still suffering from a debilitating case of MMO-Mindset with some severe rusting of the gamer skills on the side. It's lead me to basically approach every fight as "Must have full health, must spam potions, dodging, what is that?"

... fuckin' MMOs.

Lol, yeah. All these tweaks are just there to make us actually have to develop game skills. Luckily, I have been cutting down on the potion spamming. ^O^

Retro

Derrick01 said:
aww they're nerfing potions? I'm having a hard enough time as it is around these corruption and meteor areas. Also with fire effects I have pretty much 0 chance getting meteor rocks now, assuming that those heads will light me on fire since...well, they're on fire.

Have no fear;

Redigit said:
I've gone through and rebalanced all the bosses for the potion changed.

Spawn rates and enemy damage have been adjusted for the change. We've been doing a ton of balance testing to make sure that there are no overly hard(or easy) parts in game progression.

kevm3

My idea for a continuous game world would be corruption vs light where you have some players on a server attempting to aid the spread of corruption of the world while you have players on the other side who are trying to push it back. There should be different types of materials just for corruption and each side should get their own armors and weapons... such as the dark equipment would only be used by the corrupt side and the light side will have their own individual equipment. I'd prefer this not be some kind of quickmatch versus mode, but just integrated into the main game. Could be fairly interesting.

Retro

kevm3 said:
My idea for a continuous game world would be corruption vs light where you have some players on a server attempting to aid the spread of corruption of the world while you have players on the other side who are trying to push it back.

The Devs have made comments in the past about large-scale events where invading armies try to establish towns in your world, so that sort of thing is certainly possible... though I don't know about it being so PVP-oriented. It would also require persistent servers.

Anyways, with Part II of the preview dropping tonight, I'm hopeful that we'll see the patch some time next week. I'm not optimistic about it being this weekend though.

-Mikey- said:
Anyone know what Illegal Gun Parts are used for?

Sandgun... which is exactly what it sounds like. Collect 10 Ant Lion Mandibles if you want to build one.
Edit: 5 Topaz too, forgot about them.

Log4Girlz

I haven't poured the same amount of time into this game as I did minecraft, but its still an amazing bargain. Quite a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom