• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Wow, Wall of Flesh really sucks to try and fight solo.

You can't hardly fight it in melee range, and it's so damn big (it's literally a moving wall...)

And without Obsidian Potions, it sucks horribly.

Having trouble getting the guide to move into a room. He won't jump through the platforms. He just walks back and forth on the lower level of the tower, going outside and coming back in.

Wow, Wall of Flesh really sucks to try and fight solo.

You can't hardly fight it in melee range, and it's so damn big (it's literally a moving wall...)

And without Obsidian Potions, it sucks horribly.
We got about four people (myself included) to take it down.

One dude claims that he can solo it with the Sandgun because he feels it's broken against it, so maybe try that?

-Mikey-

Wow, reforging items is godlike. Did it to all of my main weapons.

Combing accessories is amazing too. Basically combine w/e 2 items they allow and it gives an extra bonus plus frees up a slot.

Esiquio

New people...buy this game! It's ridiculously cheap, so you have no excuse.

HaRyu, thanks for hosting the server...can't wait to hop on it soon!

balddemon

Banned
hey hey hey seems MP is still broken me and my buddy can't connect. how do we do so? he has my IP and the pw, but the game won't let him connect to my world. i just clicked on Host& Play

edit: VVV my buddy

InertiaXr

Yeah the multiplayer is still fucked, why is it still like this 6 months out from release? Last time I was able to play online both of us had to use fucking Hamachi for a videogame released in 2011.

If I make a new server (new characters only) will you people join? Last time I did only 1 gafffer joined.

Oh no, the world viewer isn't working. What do I dooo.

That's no fun :p

Yeah the multiplayer is still fucked, why is it still like this 6 months out from release? Last time I was able to play online both of us had to use fucking Hamachi for a videogame released in 2011.
Multiplayer is fine, you just need to forward the port.

Vlad

Having trouble getting the guide to move into a room. He won't jump through the platforms. He just walks back and forth on the lower level of the tower, going outside and coming back in.

If the flag with his face appears in the room you want in the "NPC View" mode, then he should move in eventually. When the merchant appeared in my new world, he ended up spawning on the roof of the building I made for him, and spent a few days wandering back and forth up there. Eventually he made it inside, though.

Tenck

I would join the server :eek:

Just need to download the game quickly and hope I don't have to forward ports :/

Edit: 26 mbs rofl. Took me like 8 seconds to download.

balddemon

Banned
yeah i'll join if you make one murphy. gotta get some terraria in before skyrim-thon. is it okay if i use the character i made today? he has like some wood on him and thats it

edit: tenck i love your avatar lol

If that doesn't work you can just use Hamachi.

My friend who is behind two routers (messes with a lot of indie games) just does that when hosting and it works fine.

yeah we had to do that last time and it worked. but as you can see, he doesn't like hamachi sooooooo we'll probably wait until tomrrow to do that. thanks though.

Turfster

Spawn 30 goblin mages that can shoot me through everything around my home but I can't even kill one of them and THEY KEEP CAMPING?
FUCK.
THIS.
GAME.
and it's "ooh look, we're for the hardcore audience" bullshit.

Ok, quote this post to see server details, I don't want any lurkers -.-

Rules:
- Don't be a dick
- New characters only
- Don't be a dick

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I've gotten a couple PMs about the lack of a GAF Server. People seem to have missed the announcement, so here it is again;

Why is Retro the one getting the PM's? Its my machine that's running the server.... >_<;

All right folks, I was right, no mods at the moment, so here's the plan:

Server is up right now, and its a vanilla server (no mods). Same server info as before.

Depending on how much chaos is caused on this new world, we MAY or MAY NOT reboot the world one more time, when appropriate mods are available. Depends on how nice everyone plays. I'm leaning heavily towards "probably not nice", so I'm not expecting much. :p

New characters are recommended. If you just made a new character earlier and have been using that one, you can use that one. I'm going to be very lenient though, you CAN use old characters, if you want. Once we have the mods setup, I'm gonna restrict characters to new ones though.

IP: gafterraria.dyndns.org
Port: 7777
No Password Needed

All right, pools open people.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So when your world is "blessed" with the new ores, that means they just spawn randomly right?

Edit: Nvm, found some cobalt...but how do I mine it D:

Edit 2: Nvm :3

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
New world, new character. I'm almost tempted to delete my old character and world just so I'm truly starting over.

It's good to be back. I love this game.

balddemon

Banned
Wow that was fun with TEnck and Cloudius. Found a bunch of statues, left'em in Murphys server. I think it's time to play on my own world/gaf world...everyone left murphs lol.

Why is Retro the one getting the PM's? Its my machine that's running the server.... >_<;

All right folks, I was right, no mods at the moment, so here's the plan:

Server is up right now, and its a vanilla server (no mods). Same server info as before.

Depending on how much chaos is caused on this new world, we MAY or MAY NOT reboot the world one more time, when appropriate mods are available. Depends on how nice everyone plays. I'm leaning heavily towards "probably not nice", so I'm not expecting much. :p

New characters are recommended. If you just made a new character earlier and have been using that one, you can use that one. I'm going to be very lenient though, you CAN use old characters, if you want. Once we have the mods setup, I'm gonna restrict characters to new ones though.

All right, pools open people.

Nooooooooooooo

Save me a room D:

I don't mess around. Not even a day after the patch is released I already have an Adamantite Armor Set.

I still have no clue if breaking multiple demon altars increases the mass of new ores in the world.

balddemon

Banned
time to wreak havoc on my own world now....i have played on the gaf server for 5.5 hours tonight. wow. this game is awesome as a new character lol. so much to do.

Drazgul

Do weapons/tools get modifiers on their own? I made an iron pickaxe and I could've sworn it didn't have anything when I first crafted it, but I just noticed it has a pretty nifty damage boost modifier (I've used it as a weapon as well).

And goddamnit, STILL no shift+click functionality for quickly moving items to and from chests? The deposit all isn't very useful at all.

balddemon

Banned
Do weapons/tools get modifiers on their own? I made an iron pickaxe and I could've sworn it didn't have anything when I first crafted it, but I just noticed it has a pretty nifty damage boost modifier (I've used it as a weapon as well).

yeah, at creation, item $tat$ have a chance to be randomized

mike23

Anyone else getting performance issues? My fps drops into the 10s sometimes. I guess I'll have to turn down the settings, but it seems fishy that I can run a game like Skyrim at max settings at 60 fps and this game chugs.

Retro

Mmmmm... Haven't stayed up until 3am digging in a while. I'm about 20 gold ore from having a full set of gold armour. Already started grabbing demonite too, but it's pretty rare so far. Love it.

Jira

Anyone know if spawning Eater of Worlds from the orbs is bugged? You see the green text come up by even after breaking 5 orbs he still wouldn't spawn. This was for the first EoW, not the hardmode one.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, right now I'm mostly focused on mining to get my character going. It's all stuff I've done before, but the tweaks make it feel fresh again.

Btw, I love that removing walls isn't so damn tedious anymore. They disappear pretty fast now. I've wasted hours upon hours clearing out walls in this game.

The M.O.B

After not having played this game since the first week(spent 20 hours and exausted all the orignal content), I came back later tonight to the GAF server and proceed to play for 5 hours. I feel like im playing a brand new game or something. This game has come a long way and is so polished now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom