• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That's it, I'm never dating a kid again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Can't stay out past midnight
- Dad calls at the worst times possible and demands son to come home NOW.
- Exams exams exams
- Obligatory crappy teenage taste in music

Worst of all has to be the daddy-whipped part, it fucking sucks.

[/vent]

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So what's your range now? For me it's 19 up.

edit - If i recall correctly, Adel's "kid" is 17. Which is legal where I come from.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Error Macro said:
Umm, what does his dad feel about his son being out with a gay man?

I imagine the way most Dads feel about their sons being gay and dating men. But what you gonna do? Most of them get over it, eventually.

Anyone under 19 is a huge mistake. I know a guy who is 23 and dating a 17 year old and the 23 year old is now living with the 17 year old in the 17 year olds parents house. They dont know anything about them. Pathetic.

Ecrofirt

Teh Hamburglar said:
Anyone under 19 is a huge mistake. I know a guy who is 23 and dating a 17 year old and the 23 year old is now living with the 17 year old in the 17 year olds parents house. They dont know anything about them. Pathetic.

that's a little hard to believe.

They probably just want the guy there so they can be sure their kid isn't off fucking random guys at gay bars.

No, the 23 year old got kicked out his last house and thats how ended upw ith his "boy". his car also got impounded and couldn't pay the fee so the government is the new proud owner. Guy is not responsible in any way.

Ryck

I was more stable at 18-19, relationship wise than I am now.....years of disapointment and heart break have made be unsure of what I want with the rest of my life.....sigh at 18 all I wanted to do was get married and have kids.

Ryck said:
I was more stable at 18-19, relationship wise than I am now.....years of disapointment and heart break have made be unsure of what I want with the rest of my life.....sigh at 18 all I wanted to do was get married and have kids.

Then dating "Bill" wasn't such a good choice....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
adelgary said:
- Can't stay out past midnight
- Dad calls at the worst times possible and demads son to come home NOW.
- Exams exams exams
- Obligatory crappy teenage taste in music

Worst of all has to be the daddy-whipped part, it fucking sucks.

[/vent]

Just ask the dad to join in.

teiresias

I can hardly find a twenty-something gay man to date that's not an immature moron, much less going less than 20!!! I just turned 25 by the way.

Most of the guys in my town are total sluts and/or disease ridden. Its extremely depressing. Though I did did have a date last night in Indy and it went really well so heres hoping. :)

I thought Adelgary is thirdy something. Why is he dating a kid?
headscratch.gif

Otaking

You didn't break up with him over this, did you? I'm sure if you really loved the man something could've worked out. Maybe he could've moved out. Afterall, he IS 18. But....who, at 18, is still daddy-whipped? When I turned 18, I didn't even have a father. My mom doesn't care what I do as long as I know what I'm doing. Hope something works out for you.

rs7k

Teh Hamburglar said:
Most of the guys in my town are total sluts and/or disease ridden. Its extremely depressing. Though I did did have a date last night in Indy and it went really well so heres hoping. :)

Are you a girl??!?

Otaking said:
You didn't break up with him over this, did you? I'm sure if you really loved the man something could've worked out. Maybe he could've moved out. Afterall, he IS 18. But....who, at 18, is still daddy-whipped? When I turned 18, I didn't even have a father. My mom doesn't care what I do as long as I know what I'm doing. Hope something works out for you.

No I didn't. This is the best relationship I had so far, and I think it's too strong to break that easily... Yeah I know it's pretty pathetic to be daddy-whipped at 18, this has to change.

Mason

LOL, this is so crazy. I'm in the same situation.

I don't really have the problem with the dad demanding him to come home (well, it did happen once). I can't stand his taste in music, though.

teiresias

OK, here's the full maybe not so complicated story:

I just recently "re-met" a friend of mine. We'd hung out once or twice a couple of years ago after meeting in a chat room and realizing we went to the same high school and he knew my younger brother. Anyway, just a couple of months ago we started hanging out again since my school-life got a bit less busy than usual, and the past month or two we've seen each other like every weekend, though we are not officially dating.

I have no idea how much to emotionally invest in this. Sometimes we're all cuddly the whole time, other times it's just a kiss and hug when we meet and then a kiss and a hug when we part. Over the past two months we've had sex twice and it is the most amazing sex I have EVER had in my life. It's not that shitty "trick" sex, but that passionate, pass-out halfway through sex with alot of feeling and major making-out going on during the act.

This doesn't feel like infatuation, because I've had plenty of that. I have this kind of deep caring for him that I've only had with maybe two other people that eventually had to move out of my life, and the only thing I think about it everyday is when I'll see him again.

I know I should probably just bring it up and ask him out on a real date, but some other friends of mine think he might like the kind of easy, no pressure, friendship kind of thing we have going on. I'm just horrid at reading people and would hate to make the whole situation highly uncomfortable. Should I just stop being a pussy and actually ask him out on a real date?

Well, I would have determined what my emotionally investment was before I had sex with him but if you're both compatible in the bedroom and you've known him 2 months shouldn't you already know what your emotional investment is? If you're still not sure, just start seeing him more often if possible and see if anyhting really is there.

Suerte

teiresias said:
OK, here's the full maybe not so complicated story:

I just recently "re-met" a friend of mine. We'd hung out once or twice a couple of years ago after meeting in a chat room and realizing we went to the same high school and he knew my younger brother. Anyway, just a couple of months ago we started hanging out again since my school-life got a bit less busy than usual, and the past month or two we've seen each other like every weekend, though we are not officially dating.

I have no idea how much to emotionally invest in this. Sometimes we're all cuddly the whole time, other times it's just a kiss and hug when we meet and then a kiss and a hug when we part. Over the past two months we've had sex twice and it is the most amazing sex I have EVER had in my life. It's not that shitty "trick" sex, but that passionate, pass-out halfway through sex with alot of feeling and major making-out going on during the act.

This doesn't feel like infatuation, because I've had plenty of that. I have this kind of deep caring for him that I've only had with maybe two other people that eventually had to move out of my life, and the only thing I think about it everyday is when I'll see him again.

I know I should probably just bring it up and ask him out on a real date, but some other friends of mine think he might like the kind of easy, no pressure, friendship kind of thing we have going on. I'm just horrid at reading people and would hate to make the whole situation highly uncomfortable. Should I just stop being a pussy and actually ask him out on a real date?

Would you be happy to keep going as it is now? If not, if you don't ask I guess you'll never know what could have been? Just get really drunk, ask and if it dosen't work you can always blame it on the alcohol, ha.

Che

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
HEY GUYS, LOOK AT ME!!! I'M DATING A YOUNG MAN!!! HE'S ONLY 18!!!! PAY ME ATTENTION, PLEASE!!!!

What's your problem? Seriously now.

Anyway I would not trade "kids" for anything (sounds kinda weird...). You just have to adjust. Go out till 11-12:00 leave her/him, then call a friend and go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom