• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Somnia

One thing I will say is the hallway shot with Lincoln and the death itself were fucking shot beautifully, really well done.

The music helped a lot too.

Also I know a lot of people hate Titus for what he did, but you can just see how much he hated himself and how done he was with life after what he did and the way he went out was fitting to sacrifice himself to protect Lexa to the death.

Faenix1

My satellite cut out the last 5 mins. Gonna have to download it or.. something.. to see what I missed. Cut out half way through the Indra scene, and I saw snippets of Lincoln.

Hate when this shit happens, thankfully it rarely rains that hard.

One thing I will say is the hallway shot with Lincoln and the death itself were fucking shot beautifully, really well done.

The music helped a lot too.

Also I know a lot of people hate Titus for what he did, but you can just see how much he hated himself and how done he was with life after what he did and the way he went out was fitting to sacrifice himself to protect Lexa to the death.

OKAY that's the thing though, like I am still devastated she's gone but it was so beautiful and heartwrenching. A really well shot, well acted scene. I'm so conflicted about it.

Lincoln is staring in another show so his death is not really surprising (plus whatever the "bullied" rumors are). Still very graphic wow.

Great show overall
Oh yeah, I called Lincoln dying the moment Ricky was making it clear that something was going down behind the scenes. Still, it's a shame because I liked him but hopefully his new show does well.

Sober

At least this must end with Octavia murdering the shit out of Pike. That has to happen now.

Also how are they gonna find the other Nightblood? Clarke said Lincoln might know and WELP.

In my shallow world

EyM4i4T.jpg

??????

'Least Clarke shoved the box containing the chip into her shirt, putting Lexa beside her heart
/titty.

Also watch
Octavia be the one revealed to be pregnant now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sadly anyone who follows actors/events outside of the show knew his death was coming, as I guessed earlier in a spoiler that it'd be tonight so it took a bit out of it for me, but it fucking sucks to see him go.

This is going to really change Octavia and now Indra has left her again.

Yep. Between the American Gods casting and all the behind the scenes drama, I saw this coming a mile away. Still hit the feels though. Octavia is going to put Pike's head on a pike, calling that right now.

I can't believe I like Murphy, but everyone loves a survivor. I hated him during all of Season 1, even when he was trying to redeem himself. But he's one of my faves now. I think he's going to have something with Ontari too. Dat Grounder Love Triangle.

At least Lincoln got a honorable death. It seemed abrupt, but he dies for his people and it made sense. It was the last card Pike could draw, and there really wasn't a way to stop him.

Hamlet

Pretty solid episode and while Lincoln's death wasn't that surprising it did shock in just how much they showed of it. Pretty darn brutal.
Looking forward to seeing Octavia going on a warpath to kill Pike going by her reaction.

Somnia

Yep. Between the American Gods casting and all the behind the scenes drama, I saw this coming a mile away. Still hit the feels though. Octavia is going to put Pike's head on a pike, calling that right now.

I can't believe I like Murphy, but everyone loves a survivor. I hated him during all of Season 1, even when he was trying to redeem himself. But he's one of my faves now. I think he's going to have something with Ontari too. Dat Grounder Love Triangle.

At least Lincoln got a honorable death. It seemed abrupt, but he dies for his people and it made sense. It was the last card Pike could draw, and there really wasn't a way to stop him.

They said Ontari would have a love interest where we didn't expect, I bet it'll be Murphy based off last night, but we also know from Wondercon that Murphy loves Emori.

Thread title should be The 100: Bellamy the redeemer.

Bellamy (next episode potential spoiler)
is going to get his ass beat next week by one very angry Octavia I believe and it will be glorious.

Beefy

Bellamy (next episode potential spoiler)
is going to get his ass beat next week by one very angry Octavia I believe and it will be glorious.

Hopefully. I dislike Bellamy, but can still see him redeeming himself. My favorite character was Lincoln... so yeah.

They said Ontari would have a love interest where we didn't expect, I bet it'll be Murphy based off last night, but we also know from Wondercon that Murphy loves Emori.
Y'all just wait until she and Clarke put their differences aside and the violins start playing in the background.

At the same time, guess they gotta get a love-triangle in somehow, although I definitely have to admit I did not expect it to come from fucking Murphy of all people.

Somnia

Y'all just wait until she and Clarke put their differences aside and the violins start playing in the background.

At the same time, guess they gotta get a love-triangle in somehow, although I definitely have to admit I did not expect it to come from fucking Murphy of all people.

It's crazy how Murphy has become one of my favorite characters. I feel bad for him, he was trying his best to help Clarke after everything she went through and gets freaking left behind in Polis as she leaves.

It's crazy how Murphy has become one of my favorite characters. I feel bad for him, he was trying his best to help Clarke after everything she went through and gets freaking left behind in Polis as she leaves.

Murphy is Treebeard. "I'm not on anyone's side, because nobody is on my side."

At least that was the reaction I got when Ontari said, "I'm going to kill all your people" and he replied, "Sucks for them."

Somnia

"“The 100” rose a tenth to 0.5."

Ratings back to where they were before the last episode, viewership is also in line with where they were prior to 3.08 so I guess I was wrong about the show dipping down like most regular CW shows upon its return.

Sober

Clarke: "What about Murphy?"
Titus: "I will help him get out of Polis."

Then Titus immediately kills himself. Poor John Murphy.

Joni

That was an amazing episode, it also reminded me that Lincoln fucked someone underage that he kidnapped and that Kane wants to screw the wife of a friend he had executed. Pike is the good guy.

Also time for Ontari and Murphy to hook up to rule the world. He can get his revenge now.

TripOpt55

Good episode. I really enjoyed the developments with Ontari and where the flame will go next plus Murphy's role was fun. Glad to be back involved with the Grounder politics after an episode away. I thought Lincoln's death and the escape were handled pretty well too.

That was an amazing episode, it also reminded me that Lincoln fucked someone underage that he kidnapped and that Kane wants to screw the wife of a friend he had executed. Pike is the good guy.

Also time for Ontari and Murphy to hook up to rule the world. He can get his revenge now.
Lincoln is like mid-twenties, isn't he? Was Octavia 16 or 17 in season 1? Shit. Kinda uncomfortable in hindsight.

I guess I don't get the issue here. There's a story to tell, and that story involves all kinds of people dying. I mean, it's not like LGBT or minorities are being offed while straight white people aren't. Everyone is at risk. One of the things I like about this show is the fact that they're willing to kill off key characters. There's almost no plot armor here, although now that we're into S3 and have an S4 confirmed, I suspect we'll see some of that.

Now, the social media fallout here is what kind of throws a wrench into things. Yes, it appeared that Jason was catering to fans... and then pulled the rug out from under their feet. And then was shocked when they got pissed at him. I wasn't paying any attention to the social media, and in fact was several episodes behind so hadn't really been tracking things in here either. I thought Lexa's death was actually handled well. I was happy that she and Clarke had been able to share time together before the reality of their world came crashing back down on them. The fact that the Flamekeeper is the one who kills her is just... well, it's ironic (though also a cliche).

Further, now that I'm caught up, I've become too aware of the social stuff, which means I'm aware that Jason wants to redeem Bellamy. I wish I didn't know that. It basically means Bellamy has plot armor and they're going to pull some serious bullshit with him.

Sigh...

In other words, I was enjoying this show more when I stayed off the internet.

I guess I don't get the issue here. There's a story to tell, and that story involves all kinds of people dying. I mean, it's not like LGBT or minorities are being offed while straight white people aren't. Everyone is at risk.. One of the things I like about this show is the fact that they're willing to kill off key characters. There's almost no plot armor here, although now that we're into S3 and have an S4 confirmed, I suspect we'll see some of that.

Now, the social media fallout here is what kind of throws a wrench into things. Yes, it appeared that Jason was catering to fans... and then pulled the rug out from under their feet. And then was shocked when they got pissed at him. I wasn't paying any attention to the social media, and in fact was several episodes behind so hadn't really been tracking things in here either. I thought Lexa's death was actually handled well. I was happy that she and Clarke had been able to share time together before the reality of their world came crashing back down on them. The fact that the Flamekeeper is the one who kills her is just... well, it's ironic (though also a cliche).

Further, now that I'm caught up, I've become too aware of the social stuff, which means I'm aware that Jason wants to redeem Bellamy. I wish I didn't know that. It basically means Bellamy has plot armor and they're going to pull some serious bullshit with him.

Sigh...

In other words, I was enjoying this show more when I stayed off the internet.

LGBTQ characters are not only underrepresented in the media, but they are killed off at a disproportionally higher rate than their heterosexual counterparts. I'm on mobile and at work so I can't really delve too deeply into the issue, unfortunately, but as a statistical reference, check out GLAAD's annual report. This link just gives you the main points, but there's a PDF that goes super in depth on the side of the page.

The bottom line is LGBTQ characters are already few and far between as it is, and they're killed off much more frequently than straight characters, which creates a super high death rate. It's just really shitty to have so few characters represent a certain demographic, and to have them treated so poorly as a whole.

The media was being positively influenced through Lexa, and through her sexuality and how well it was portrayed on screen. It's not her death that's the issue here; it's the fact that she was killed after consummating her love for Clarke and at the hands of someone who disapproved of their relationship. Her character did wonderful things for the community, and that was destroyed literally within five minutes. If she had to die, it would have been leaps and bounds better than what we got if her method of death meant something. Like, if she had died defending the peace she had so desperately fought for. I would have been cool with that. But instead we got something cheap and lazy.

If you'd like to discuss it more later, send me a PM or just post here. Hopefully I get out of work soon lol.

Top Bottom