• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

At least Pospisil is trying and not giving up. Hockey mentality.

Whats wrong with him...he looks dead tired.And they are showing the match up here on TSN,with awful camera angles and no commentators at all...with that small court and all it looks like something from a home made recording lol...

Kifimbo

Whats wrong with him...he looks dead tired.And they are showing the match up here on TSN,with awful camera angles and no commentators at all...with that small court and all it looks like something from a home made recording lol...

Weird. RDS (French) has a great feed.

Anyway, his legs are cramping since the start of the 4th set.

LuuKyK

Pretty sure he fell and injured himself during the match. That and cramps I guess.

He doesn't want to compete that's what's wrong with him. None of these freaking Millenials wanna compete. Halep said if she didn't make the final she wants to Serena to win. Why does that ever into your mind? No wonder McEnroe thinks he could beat these chumps.

What the fuck? They should penalize Rafa since the match should start now. Trying to rattle Borna. Fuck off.

Kensuke

Dolgopolov gives up too. Did Djokovic poison everyone in his half or something? Now I expect Nadal to give up against Coric too.

lol Fognini was 1 for 15 in his latest hardcourt matches, and he beats Steve Jonson in 4 sets. Steve Johnson sums up US mens tennis pretty well. Also, the only American man to win today was Mardy Fish, and he's retiring after the tournament lol.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn, Nadal is pouring sweat onto the court. Made me think of this:

tumblr_n8mac6AVuP1rvfy6do1_1280.gif

He's wrecking Coric so far. I guess tennis isn't ready to be Borna-gain

Edit: Whoa, sorry, didn't realize that was so big, was on my phone lol

LuuKyK

Borna really doing nothing out there. Lol

Expected more from him.

He iss to focused on hitting to Nadals bh.

Niraj

Nobody can beat Djokovic on his side. I'm absolutely positive he will make the finals. Surest thing I've ever seen in my life.

If he doesn't, that would be pretty embarrassing at this point.

Can't think of the last time he hasn't at least made the semis though. It's been awhile.

Niraj

Well hopefully Coric can hold here at least. Gave it a good go in the last game.

Niraj

Coric didn't do too badly. Nadal was too solid overall. The match was probably a little longer than he was expecting though.

Tomorrow in primetime

Arthur Ashe Stadium
7:00 PM
Men's Singles - Round 1
Nick Kyrgios (AUS)
vs.
Andy Murray (GBR) [3]

followed by

Women's Singles - Round 1
Petra Kvitova (CZE) [5]
vs.
Laura Siegemund (GER)

After the hype and drama surrounding the first match, no one is going to stay for Kvitova v. Siegemund. Half the fans will leave after Kyrgios and Murray

Kensuke

Tomorrow in primetime

Arthur Ashe Stadium
7:00 PM
Men's Singles - Round 1
Nick Kyrgios (AUS)
vs.
Andy Murray (GBR) [3]

followed by

Women's Singles - Round 1
Petra Kvitova (CZE) [5]
vs.
Laura Siegemund (GER)

After the hype and drama surrounding the first match, no one is going to stay for Kvitova v. Siegemund. Half the fans will leave after Kyrgios and Murray

Kyrgios - Murray sounds nice, until you realize Murray has beaten the Australian easily every time they have met. Murray is a terrible match up for Kyrgios, he probably won't win a set.

Kyrgios - Murray sounds nice, until you realize Murray has beaten the Australian easily every time they have met. Murray is a terrible match up for Kyrgios, he probably won't win a set.

I was less referring to the competitiveness, and more referring to the Kyrgios drama and his potential antics.

I can see Krygios giving Murray a tough game. He's not really the type of player you want to play in a first round. Because you don't know what to expect from and on his day he is capable of beating anyone.

Diamond

Coric didn't do too badly. Nadal was too solid overall. The match was probably a little longer than he was expecting though.

Coric was way too far of the baseline, he should've played from the beginning like he has in the third and forth sets, where he showed some nice attacking skills. Then again he won the third because Nadal pretty much gifted him a service game (2 double faults, one unforced error after one hit), which didn't reassured me concerning Rafa's current problems on important points. The perspective of a quarter against Djokovic is interesting (even if I think nobody here has any illusion on the result) but Nadal has tough guys in his part of the draw.

I would like to have a tight match there. If Raonic is at 50% victory rate against Andy I can't see a lot of reasons why Kyrgios couldn't improve his stats against him.

Niraj

Coric was way too far of the baseline, he should've played from the beginning like he has in the third and forth sets, where he showed some nice attacking skills. Then again he won the third because Nadal pretty much gifted him a service game (2 double faults, one unforced error after one hit), which didn't reassured me concerning Rafa's current problems on important points. The perspective of a quarter against Djokovic is interesting (even if I think nobody here has any illusion on the result) but Nadal has tough guys in his part of the draw.

Yeah, no argument here, I kind of expected worse after the first set though (which, I guess the second set kind of was). He didn't give up at least is all I meant. I was mostly surprised by Nadal's net play, he seemed more confident up there then he has been as of late. I'm also unsure as to how that qf will be should it arrive, but hoping it's at least mildly competitive. Then again, we all know Fognini is going to knock out Nadal in the third round so maybe there's no point in thinking about it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom