• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumpion

Wawrinka is in full energy saving mode. A gentleman will walk but never run... I'm a legal animal, I'm a Stanimal in New York...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
By "full energy saving mode", you mean "ordinary Wawrinka underperformance", right?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
One day, Murray will fix his second serve. That year, he will win the CYGS.

Diamond

If Kyrgios manages to channel his crazyness I think it's obvious he's gonna win slams. The future will tell if he really wants to.
Murray looking really good though, like he has during the last four months, not a lot of players are a threat to him when he's in this form.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
A little surprised, but Kyrgios is playing really well by his standards and Murray is... still in second gear. I doubt this is going anywhere.

MIMIC

Banned
He had chances in the first 1st set too, and a couple of chances in the second to get back on serve, but Murray was too tough.

I was out and watched the first two sets on my phone....with the sorry ass ESPN app. I just couldn't take it anymore. I thought the U.S. Open had their own stream >_<

Kurumi Nara is running Alize Cornet into the ground. Cornet's lost three games from 40-0 up in the deciding set and is now suffering from cramps after all the long rallies (I mean, long, gruelling side to side slugfests), and has to break to stay in the tournament.

And Nara does it. Here's a list of all the men's and women's seeds who've been knocked out in round 1:

Men's (3):

(4) Kei Nishikori
(11) Gilles Simon
(16) Gael Monfils

Women's (10):

(6) Lucie Safarova
(7) Ana Ivanovic
(8) Karolina Pliskova
(10) Carla Suarez Navarro
(14) Timea Bacsinszky
(21) Jelena Jankovic
(27) Alize Cornet
(28) Irina-Camelia Begu
(29) Sloane Stephens
(30) Svetlana Kuznetsova

Didn't count Sharapova as she withdrew, and Kvitova is still to finish her match.

Ryan Harrison is just absolutely awful. He was standing at the wall hitting moonballs that were consistently landing at the service line. How does he think that is a winning strategy? Nishioka is the greatest crafter of the court I've ever seen though.

Ricker

Keys cruising right now,she almost has Smitkova going down almost touching the ground every other point trying to return her shots.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Another women's seed out, Pavlyuchenkova.

Seems like Mardy is doing well, great to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom