• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam777

Simon is just a poor mans Djokovic. Similar style, but Djokovic does it just a little better. Even on his off days

This is pretty true tbh. Simon would also be a much better player himself if he had an effective serve.

Edit: 100 unforced errors for Novak, unbelievable.

Nishikori will have his chances, depending on the form Djokovic brings in a couple of days. Djokovic does tend to step up his game after a poor performance though.

Peru

lol Maria vs Serena. Well, last year it was worse because she (Maria) was playing balls-out amazing tennis at AO and only could've lost to Serena. Then the rest of the year was a wash. Let's hope this year developes a little bit different.

oti

Banned
Oh come on Simon. When will you not dissapoint for a change?

YES 2:2 in the third! Friedsam can win this!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
on a more general level, why does it look like most wta players are out of shape? few of them look what you would expect from a world class athlete.

Saty

Agonizing Agnieszka. Freaking work on your 2nd serve already. She could just as well had lost the match if the German didn't get hurt. Don't let another comfortable draw go to waste, Aga!

szaromir

Banned
Gavrilova is a legitimately good player, the QF will be tough. I only started watching this match in the third set and Aga was very underwhelming.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Gavrilova is a legitimately good player, the QF will be tough. I only started watching this match in the third set and Aga was very underwhelming.

gavrilovna won the first set 6-0, so that means this will probably be decided by a tight third set. might be navarro in the qf.

Well that was a tough, but amazing, watch. Friedsam knows what she needs to do now. Hit the gym hard and make sure that never, ever happens again. Her backhand was incredible today, and she has to have one of the best 2nd serves in the WTA already. Aga wriggles off the hook, her 2nd serve destroyed and her UE count still too high, but her mental strength supreme in the final games after getting tight at 2-0 up.

oti

Banned
Oh man, I hope Gavrilova stays healthy. We should have a lot of fun with her. She's really "out there". I like that.

oti

Banned
740.gif

LuuKyK

Radwanska is such a lucky player. And people think she has a chance of winning a slam. Lol in all these years she never bothered to change her game and in the end it will always be on another players racket if she wins or loses. If her opponent wasnt dying with cramps she would be on her way back to Poland after having a cakewalk draw to the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom