• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aga just doesnt have the pop to give Serena trouble.
Has to rely on Serena Federroring to pull the upset.

Go Serena but man do I miss the early 00s WTA
Venus, Capriati, Davenport, Hingis, Henin, Clijsters.

Need some new rivals to emerge to challenge Serena and represent the next gen

Diamond

In other news Raonic appreciates art and museums.

"I saw a lot of Andy Warhol exhibits before," said the 25-year-old. "It was more of the Ai Weiwei installations I wanted to see, especially the Infinite Bicycle one that was in the centre of the museum.

It was magnificent in many ways. I think that whatever iteration you see of Andy Warhol's life has been redefined over many years due to his unfortunate passing, but Weiwei's story is constantly building and you're hearing something different."

Another game for Milos!

totoro'd

Well as long as her coach wants to keep her small and womanlike, Aga is never going to consistently beat Serena (the Hopman cup thing was iffy)

Milchmann

I was certain the statements from that NYT article would pop up now. :lol

Yes, the statements from the Radwanska camp were stupid, but the assumption that bulking up makes you a better tennis player is too simple.

Yep, Aga's coach saying she wants her to be the smallest player in the top 10, she wants to be a woman, etc.

Nice seeing Serena play so cleanly and completely dictate.

yep. if you sacrifice the physicality you're going to be beat by the more physical players. aga and her coach want her to be a lady stick with no muscles and that isn't a winning combo in this era.

szaromir

Banned
That's a complete mismatch.

Bartoli is such an annoying commentator, she's talking about herself so much, yet she was a combined 1-10 against the players on court (0-7 against Aga, 1-3 against Serena, the sole win came directly after Serena's injury lay-off).

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, Serena must be bored.

But that happens a lot in tennis: get off to a blistering start, and then you lose focus because it happened so quickly.

It was a difficult watch. I'd love if Aga could add some power to her game, and definitely on the serving. That second serve needs serious work right now. Perhaps a new coach is in order.

Ah well. She got to where I expected her to. If only she coulda got passed Serena today, she'd have had a fantastic chance in the final. Shame.

Edit: Well, time to cheer on Kerber. Not watching this one, but will keep track of the score whilst I'm still awake.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the only chance federer has is to win the first two sets. if djokovic wins the first one or they are tied a set apiece after the first two, it's game over, man. it's game over.

It's all so inevitable, but until then I can dream. The slight inconvenience of watching the match is what crushes those dreams unfortunately. It's like that Peter Molyneux game, Curiousity, but it's just one man called Djokovic chipping, chipping away. When all the blocks are gone, the sad faces of Federer and Murray are revealed. He then gets to rule over tennis like a god as his prize. What I'm trying to say is that Djokovic is just relentless and please someone make him stop. Make him stop winning all the slams. It's sickening to me.

Well done, Roger. Thanks for crushing my hopes in all of........oh I don't know.....5 minutes of the match starting. Andy Dufresne crawled through a miles of sewage to give us all hope and you can't even hold serve for a few minutes.

oti

Banned
Well done, Roger. Thanks for crushing my hopes in all of........oh I don't know.....5 minutes of the match starting. Andy Dufresne crawled through a miles of sewage to give us all hope and you can't even hold serve for a few minutes.

bruh, relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom