• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

I mean I'm all for hyperbole in the moment, but this is just silly. The guy is playing at a very high level and making finals and semi-finals with ease. He's 34 and he still bosses around most of the tour. Unfortunately, Djokovic is just something else. Nobody on tour can touch him. Murray must be thinking about throwing tomorrows match instead of having to endure the heartache of another Aus. Open final loss.

If he's fine with bossing around them and only getting through when Djokovic isn't in his half I guess that's ok.

He made two slam finals last year.

Not any this year. ;‑)

Dispatch

I woke up about an hour earlier than usual.

"Hey, I'm awake. Le'ts watch some tennis. It will be a classic."

Instead, it's a beat down.

You just to have hold your hands up and say this is just incredible hitting from Djokovic. Federer has to work five times as hard to win a point and even then Djokovic pulls something out and hits a screamer down the line. Nobody can live with this kind of tennis.

If only Federer could serve like he did against Murray in the Wimbledon SF last year. His serve has been poor today and Djokovic has murdered him for it.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
raonic is better at the net than federer.

federer really fucked this game up with that wild forehand at 30-0. would have been an easy putaway.

At the very least Raonic will make tomorrow's semi more exciting than this one, although the tennis display from Djokovic has been ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom