• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
gvHlJfN.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Sorry, AO crowd. Maybe next year.

Nothing against Federer, but that crowd was sooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking annoying.

Oh well, Fed, you tried. Did well to get that set, but it all felt so inevitable. C'mon Murray! Let's get to another final against Djokovic and then probably lose, because that's not getting old at all. Seriously, Murray, please beat him or, at the very least, when you're 6-3 6-3 4-1 down, pretend your wife is giving birth and fuck off mid-match and deny Djokovic that way.

Good fight from Roger, but those first two sets from Novak put everything out of reach. Too bad the rain delay brought the level of play down for both players for most of the fourth set. If Novak can replicate his level from the start of the match he's guaranteed to win the finals.

Honestly, with Djokovic winning being a foregone conclusion at this point, I'd rather see Raonic make it to the final to see how his new and improved self does against the unstoppable beast, rather than watch Murray wilt.

Djokovic and Serena imperious, bringing their best in the late rounds. Wonder how Murray/Raonic will go though. Liking Murray to hold off Raonic's serve & volley tactics, but not sure how baseline battle will develop.

Happy for Kerber to reach her first GS final, but it will be one of the biggest upsets ever if she can win.

Diamond

Good lord why do you all want Djokovic to lose so badly?

Jesus.

First we don't ALL want him to lose, thank you for not generalizing. :)
Second it's pretty often people want to see new faces when there's a big domination in a sport. It's not that unusual. People want him to get tested to see tight matches. Well, ok, some people just want him to lose just because, but I'd say you shouldn't concentrate on those guys. Will save you from some unnecessary stress.

He took me off his christmas card list in 2005.

Also this.

oti

Banned
When Federer was dominant I just wanted to see someone else really challenge him and win. Difference for me between Fed and Djoker domination is their waty of play. With Federer you could at least expect some breath taking volleys or smart play. Djoker is amazing fitness wise and the balls he gets back are incredible. It's just all a bit... boring.

First we don't ALL want him to lose, thank you for not generalizing. :)
Second it's pretty often people want to see new faces when there's a big domination in a sport. It's not that unusual. People want him to get tested to see tight matches. Well, ok, some people just want him to lose just because, but I'd say you shouldn't concentrate on those guys. Will save you from some unnecessary stress.

Yes, in the same way I rooted for players against Federer back when he was destroying the competition. I just like to see the underdog win and, for the longest time, I've planted my flag in the Murray/Nadal camp as well, so there's that. They're my two favourite players, but at the same time, this generation has been winning for a long, long time, so it would be nice if the next generation got a move on and started winning something. I swear Federer/Djokovic/Nadal are like the PS3/360 era. Time for next gen players, I think.

valkyre

Really baffled as to why people want Djokovic to lose sooo bad...

But I guess your tears are delicious...nuff said...

You act like Djokovic is like a fluke or whatever. A guy who kinda doesnt deserve to be where he is...

Well I am sorry but Djokovic at the moment is the best Tennis player in the world. And he absolutely earned it. He destroys everything on his path. Cant fathom how people are not impressed by his performance and commitment and instead cry out each time he wins.

I am glad he won and I really want him to continue having this incredible roll. People didnt seem to have issue when Fed was on a roll, now... suddenly... it has become "boring"... The irony is strong here...

Looking at where Djokovic was and where he has elevated his game, its just absolutely incredible and deserves mad respect.

oti

Banned

You act like Djokovic is like a fluke or whatever. A guy who kinda doesnt deserve to be where he is...

Well I am sorry but Djokovic at the moment is the best Tennis player in the world. And he absolutely earned it.

I am glad he won and I really want him to continue having this incredible roll. People didnt seem to have issue when Fed was on a roll, now... suddenly... it has become "boring"... The irony is strong here...

Looking at where Djokovic was and where he has elevated his game, its just absolutely incredible and deserves mad respect.

As if anyone disagrees with this. Come on.

Diamond

I make the exact same post in every slam thread, don't take me to heart guys, lol.

Haha, I know, it's because I read it everytime that I finally responded ! :)

To come back to the match, what strikes me with Novak's game is that he manages to mix extremely effective defense with attack in a way Nadal almost never did. He played extremely agressive today, Federer was often the player who was on the defensive side, which is extremely rare. To be frank I don't see a good tactic to counter this type of play plan. To add to the matter Djokovic is constantly touching the baseline without making errors, that's impressive.

valkyre

As if anyone disagrees with this. Come on.

I am here.

You did not like the rest of the arguments? Or did you just selectively chose that quote just to come up with something?

So if you all agree, why exactly are you complaining? Complain about Federer. Complain about Rafa, or Andy.

Its not Djokovic's fault he kicks everyone's ass. It's their fault not being able to match him (atrm).

Instead of applauding this man's level of tennis, people come here to bitch about why nobody stops him. What kind of tennis fans are you? He deserves more credit for what he has achieved. I dont remember people bitching that much when Federrer or Rafa was winning.

Come on.

People didnt seem to have issue when Fed was on a roll, now

People kind of did though. The Wimbledon women's final even managed to beat the men's final for UK viewership one year in the mid 00s because a lot of people were bored of his dominance (especially before Nadal became a force off clay).

oti

Banned
I am here.

You did not like the rest of the arguments? Or did you just selectively chose that quote just to come up with something?

So if you all agree, why exactly are you complaining? Complain about Federer. Complain about Rafa, or Andy.

Its not Djokovic fault he kicks ass. Instead of applauding this man's level of tennis, people come here to bitch about why nobody stops him. He deserves more credit for what he has achieved.

Come on.

I don't see any other points in that post. :p
Look fam, Djokovic is the best player in the world right now. People like underdogs. It ain't rocket science. People saying he's unlikable yadayada WHO CARES. It's sports, not Prom King.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i would just like to say that i would rather see raonic win than djokovic. raonic. do you not see what djokovic has done to tennis?

Well I am sorry but Djokovic at the moment is the best Tennis player in the world. And he absolutely earned it. He destroys everything on his path. Cant fathom how people are not impressed by his performance and commitment and instead cry out each time he wins.

Yeah, you're projecting a whole lot that isn't there. Who on earth is acting like Djokovic is some kind of fluke and that we're all salty and really, really upset that he won. He's the best player in the world, maybe on his way to rivaling Federer as the greatest of all time and he's an incredible athlete who makes final after final He's a nice guy, even. His losing speech in the French Open final was gracious and touching, but I absolutely enjoy rooting against him. Simple as that. I'm a Murray fan and Nadal fan. Ultimately, though, I don't care enough for it to affect my mood whoever wins or loses. I enjoy the moment and I enjoy the tennis. This "tears" stuff is just childish. Take that to the demented nuthouse that is MTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom