• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hige

Made the guy in the wheel chair stand up. Fed is Jesus confirmed.
I was just gonna mention that LMAO.

PNuA2Mu.jpg

mcfrank

it matters a ton, though. federer, should he win this set, is going to think "fuck, got to do this two more times," while djokovic can write it off. if there is a fourth set, expect federer to get broken early.

Not saying it doesn't matter, but a comeback is not impossible. I want to believe.

szaromir

Banned
Poor serving from Roger, particularly on the ad side. Good hold in the end.

The problem is, Djokovic almost always wins dog fights against Roger.

Impressive from Federer just to hang in there and nick a set. I think we all know how this goes; 6-2 to Djokovic in the fourth. However, impressed that Federer didn't just fold and dug out a set. 5 set epic? A man can dream.

Well, with the roof closing, Djokovic has time to regroup. Even though Roger's playing better, I'm still not optimistic about his chances. If he manages to take the fourth and push it to a fifth, he'll probably get tight anyways.

szaromir

Banned
Well, with the roof closing, Djokovic has time to regroup. Even though Roger's playing better, I'm still not optimistic about his chances. If he manages to take the fourth and push it to a fifth, he'll probably get tight anyways.

OTOH, losing 2 sets in 55 minutes is probably a blessing in disguise, as opposed to losing 2 close sets.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
well, at least djokovic's impervious form seems to have gone awol for the time being. might still be somewhat interesting if federer manages to hold on to his serve a few times.

szaromir

Banned
Fed's gameplan on return should go back to what he was doing in the last set - just relentless attack, not putting the ball back into the middle of the court.

Peru

Time to give the female players what they want - five sets (in slam 2nd weeks). Classic example of three set blow-out, five set balance.

Time to give the female players what they want - five sets (in slam 2nd weeks). Classic example of three set blow-out, five set balance.

Their game suffers in historical terms because the 5 set epic is something that lives long in the memory. It'd be something special to see women's finals, at the very least, as five set matches.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
that completely wasted 0-30 in the first game is growing ever more crucial. federer is bound to throw in a loose service game sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom