• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

DMczaf

Cerebral, your opponent wants to play your Week 3 game. He's on the league forum.

FMT beat me! Noooooooooooooo!

Cloudy

Banned
Just some random thoughts since I've been "away" for some time...

- For the guys having problems with the d-line rush, why not max protect?

- I just don't like the feel of Madden either. Not knocking the game but it feels too stiff for me. I'm trading it in after the tourney...

- 6 minute quarters is too long and it's reflected in the league stats...

- Are Stooge and Palsy still in the league?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,you cant even win a game in madden...you should get rid of it :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOL 0-24...hmmm I could have sworn he won a couple last year

DMczaf

Matrix said:
LOL 0-24...hmmm I could have sworn he won a couple last year

Konex Madden 2004 Player Stats

Wins: 9
Losses: 27

Ok, he's 9-36 lol

and whats this?!?!?

L Matrix2k4 7 - 10
L Matrix2k4 0 - 2
L Matrix2k4 14 - 33
Matrix2k4 28 - 7
L Matrix2k4 21 - 27
L Dmczaf 7 - 23
L Dmczaf 0 - 2
L Cubanb 45 - 48

WTF??!?!?! Matrix, end yourself :(

Cloudy

Banned
Even if I was "0-24", what does that have to do with the game feeling stiff compared to ESPN?

edit: What's with the 0-2 scores? lol

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Konex Madden 2004 Player Stats

Wins: 9
Losses: 27

Ok, he's 9-36 lol

and whats this?!?!?

L Matrix2k4 7 - 10
L Matrix2k4 0 - 2
L Matrix2k4 14 - 33
Matrix2k4 28 - 7
L Matrix2k4 21 - 27
L Dmczaf 7 - 23
L Dmczaf 0 - 2
L Cubanb 45 - 48

WTF??!?!?! Matrix, end yourself :(

Its kinda hard to win with the Texans Dm..you try it sometime ;) I'm also a better player now and have praticed more in this years version.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Its kinda hard to win with the Texans Dm..you try it sometime ;) I'm also a better player now and have praticed more in this years version.

Don't pull that Texans stuff! It's Konex! The Clippers of Madden! You are lucky this is old, if it wasnt...

ru_p90t_big.jpg

Matrix

Hey it was an upset win...must have been a friday the 13th or something like that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DM, it IS hard to win with low rated teams. I can attest to this. You have to play a lot better than the other guy just to be able to get passed the 50 yard line. ;p

stooge and CP: play your games or at least respond in this thread or do SOMETHING by tonight or i'm going to have to replace you. hate to be a dick but you have to participate in the league and work with your opponent. you guys maybe too busy and that's fine, but i need to get the league moving, and waiting around isn't the way to do it.

hgplayer1

last i remember seeing was that stooge was having problems with the game or something. i was supposed to play him in the tourney but i just never really heard much from him other than he was saying how the game did something to his settings in the dash or something.

ShadowRed

Banned
I don't want to start a fight here, but CP has constantly made it clear that he doesn't give a damn about this league. he's constantly played games at the last minute and ovoided contacting people even after repeated being told to on the board. Stooge may have just gotten feed up with the game like the other guy who left the league.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Sorry, I've been away from my PC.. Ive been on live a good bit, and on ESPN a while.. I sent the guy Im playing a friend request, and I plan on having the game done this weekend. Im going to play the rest of my games out on this leauge, then Im done with this shit. My last game in this leauge fucked up my Xbox to the point where Im starting to get dirty disc errors in all of my games.

HG: I tried to get back to you on the tourny, but it was deleted by the time I got back on Live. I really dont know what happened, but my last game in the leauge was wierd. I had trouble connecting to begin with, and when the game did finnaly happen (sorta) it was buggy as hell, and ended with me getting a dirty disc error in the first half of the game. It took me a while to get back on and even now my Xbox is getting dirty disc errors like mad.

Cloudy

Banned
StoOgE said:
Sorry, I've been away from my PC.. Ive been on live a good bit, and on ESPN a while.. I sent the guy Im playing a friend request, and I plan on having the game done this weekend. Im going to play the rest of my games out on this leauge, then Im done with this shit. My last game in this leauge fucked up my Xbox to the point where Im starting to get dirty disc errors in all of my games.

Not to be a prick or anything but playing online can't "fuck up your xbox". Are you on a router or anything?

StoOgE

Cloudy said:
Not to be a prick or anything but playing online can't "fuck up your xbox". Are you on a router or anything?

I was on a router, I disconnected it when I was having issues connecting for my last game, which didnt do a whole lot of good. And not to be a prick, but how bout I mail you my Xbox and you send me yours and you deal with the dirty disc errors that I cant possibly have gotten from playing online.

When can the new steelers owner play? Does he even post on GA?

And sorry for not repsonding. I totallly forgot I had to replay this weeks game. Someone should have said something to me in the Madden thread, or over XBL.

StoOgE

Cloudy said:
How do you get a dirty disc error from playing online? That makes no sense, dude....

you must not be very well read on the Xbox DD error. It seems to be a catch all error that the Xbox uses whenever something goes wrong, even if it is not an actual dirty disc, my original Xbox did it on every single game I tried to play less than a month after I had it.

In any case, my Xbox is not hanging when playing most games, fails to load music tracks all of the time, and locks up with a dirty disc error on a somewhat regular basis. I had not had any of those problems with my Xbox until my last game on Xbox Live with ESPN.

Cloudy

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
When can the new steelers owner play? Does he even post on GA?

And sorry for not repsonding. I totallly forgot I had to replay this weeks game. Someone should have said something to me in the Madden thread, or over XBL.

His AIM is BurtonSnoborder20 and he says he can play now....

you must not be very well read on the Xbox DD error. It seems to be a catch all error that the Xbox uses whenever something goes wrong, even if it is not an actual dirty disc, my original Xbox did it on every single game I tried to play less than a month after I had it.

I didn't know that but I read the official ESPN boards all the time and I've never seen anyone post such a problem related to online play. I think it's an issue with your xbox....

StoOgE

Cloudy said:
I didn't know that but I read the official ESPN boards all the time and I've never seen anyone post such a problem related to online play. I think it's an issue with your xbox....

which magically reared its ugly head for the first time when my game crashed while playing ESPN (which was acting buggy as hell to begin with), and hasnt gone away since. I dont believe in coincidence.

Matrix

Maybe you have a busted espn copy which in turn fucked up your xbox.

stooge this isn't going to make a lot of sense but just trust me on it. i read something about the xbox loading in 3 games at a time into the cache. so, if you are getting espn errors, there is an easy way to fix it:

play 3 other games that are not ESPN in a row. for instance, put in halo let it start up, then put it crimson skies let it start up, then put in panzer dragoon and let it start up. after that, play espn again and i bet your problem will be fixed. i read about this problem when i first got my xbox... i also noticed that my load times on halo were drastically better when i played it over a course of a few days without loading any other games into the cache

Cloudy

Banned
Seriously though, he was on AIM all afternoon but Palsy didn't show. Then he left and Palsy came online lol

Since I added him to my AIM, I noticed he logs on at night too. So if Palsy is around later, they can play...

StoOgE

I just won 66 to 36, with some MONSTER stats (270 rushing for green despite an injury that took him out of most of the first half, over 100 for davenport) and the game didnt report :(

Do I have to play again or how does this work?

Anyway it was a really good game that was much closer than it sounds.. a turnover early in the second half really changed the pace of the game, and then a really bad offensive line kept setting him up with 3rd and very long.

Top Bottom