• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

DMczaf

I just won 66 to 36, with some MONSTER stats (270 rushing for green despite an injury that took him out of most of the first half, over 100 for davenport) and the game didnt report

*tries to act surprised*

Cloudy

Banned
Nah, I don't think you have to play again. Sega says the patch they are releasing tomorrow will get rid of this problem. It better >_<

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
it really sucks because stats kick ass... if we could honestly track who the top rusher is, or who the top QB is, it would be really fun. I guess now Green loses all his stats, but Favre doesnt get the INT's he threw in tonights game.

Rodriguez

That was the most fucked up game I've ever seen in my life. My CPU defenders were fucking retarded. Seriously, it was fucking bullshit. By the time the game gave me control over a guy who could make a stop, they had already committed toward the wrong direction! I gave up after StoOgE took a 52-36 lead (or something like that). I just went into FG Block formation to see if these pieces of shit could stop him. They didn't. My offensive line just disappeared in the second half. That was the most aggrivating game I've ever played and I'm seriously considering breaking the game disc in half. Stupid piece of shit SEGA. And it's a shame for StoOgE to put up sweet numbers like that and have it not register. Hell, even I had some decent numbers and it's all for nothing. Fuck this stupid fucking shit.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, you guys could play again after the patch tomorrow if Stooge wants to cos I doubt Palsy n the new guy will play tonight. I wouldn't bother trying again before then because the problem seems to only affect some individual users. For example, the same thing kept happeneing to Ramirez regardless of who he played...

Fifty

StoOgE said:
it really sucks because stats kick ass... if we could honestly track who the top rusher is, or who the top QB is, it would be really fun. I guess now Green loses all his stats, but Favre doesnt get the INT's he threw in tonights game.

Yeah.... As you know very well, our game was 66-33, and we had no stats (the other league, but it still sucks) and my last game was another blowout. I love the stats, and it's a fantastic idea, but if it doesn't work, it doens't work.

Rodriguez

Cloudy said:
Well, you guys could play again after the patch tomorrow

As of right now, I don't ever want to play this piece of shit again. Hell, I even feel like sleeping outside of my local EB tonight just so I can pick up Madden first thing tomorrow.

StoOgE

Fifty said:
Yeah.... As you know very well, our game was 66-33, and we had no stats (the other league, but it still sucks) and my last game was another blowout. I love the stats, and it's a fantastic idea, but if it doesn't work, it doens't work.

yeah. Hopefully they will fix this.. but its really too little to late. Madden is out now, and they missed their opportunity to really wow the hardcore players.. its like Sega got out of the starting gate first, and then promptly fell flat on their faces.

and I certainly understand your wanting to destroy this game, your D could not do a damn thing right.. all of your players sold way to hard on my first move, so any change of direction meant endzone. Your passing game was awesome, but your O-line would normally let all 4 of my lineman through. Whats really sad is I wasnt blitzing on most of those sacks. I had to have at least 10 sacks in that game, if not more. Even Carr doesnt get it this bad IRL.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex.. you better stop defending this turd if the patch doesnt fix things.

Andy get madden and atleast you can finish games that count.

DMczaf

Poor Konex....

0767908481.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Go into the madden thread Konex....the servers are fine except for the friends list.

Cloudy

Banned
The ESPN servers aren't down either but their game still didn't record. My point is that stuff like this is gonna happenen anytime servers are involved and we just have to hope it's infrequent....

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if this patch doesnt fix things, I will bow out and go to the madden monster as well... I was going to wait to pick it up when their online leagues started, but I may pick it up earlier if our season goes to shit...

DMczaf

Difference is, it happens so many times with ESPN that we are not even mad at it anymore. Its as common as seeing a DB run around in circles at this point

Matrix...my friend wants to talk to you

sports-alstott.jpg

"You can't escape! Y Y Y Y Y! DEAD!"

Matrix

Cloudy said:
The ESPN servers aren't down either but their game still didn't record. My point is that stuff like this is gonna happenen anytime servers are involved and we just have to hope it's infrequent....

The point I was making was that after FMT said that,I logged right back on and plenty of people were playing games and I played a game too against Fifty.The Madden servers are 100 times better than the shitty ass Sega and Ncaa servers.To even compare the two is a joke,and if you cant see it....DM please post the spin zone pic again :p

Hope its infrequent? Sega still hasnt gotten their shit together and its been a month,and they never fixed problems last year.;

Cloudy

Banned
Malleymal said:
if this patch doesnt fix things, I will bow out and go to the madden monster as well... I was going to wait to pick it up when their online leagues started, but I may pick it up earlier if our season goes to shit...

3 out of 30 games not recording isn't exactly "going to shit" but I might be wrong :p

StoOgE

2 out of my 3 games have fucked up. One ended in the first quarter, reported stats in a game that I very much still had a chance at winning. and now this one doesnt report. That is hardly 3 out of 30. Im batting 66% myself.

I have no faith, I still get the 'failed to load roster' BS that was supposedly fixed 3 weeks ago.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cloudy said:
3 out of 30 games not recording isn't exactly "going to shit" but I might be wrong :p

i will be here to the end.... no worries... I am just going to pick up madden a little earlier... my games record Just Fine....

Cloudy

Banned
Join the tourney I just started. The league is full now but if anyone drops, you can join. You can get a feel of how we play :)

ShadowRed

Banned
Did you bump the schedule up to the 4th week cause it still says we are on week 3 when I go to the website?

PS Bravo for dropping the dead weight.

dudes, just so you know i will be in vegas from Friday-Sunday

so, if you want week 5 started before i leave, lets get those games finished by thursday night. otherwise, it's only 3 days so it's not too big of a deal. but i'd prefer we get them done anyways!

rickmofo, when can you play? i'm available pretty much all week whenever. post here or PM me

Bog

Junior Ace
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dudes, just so you know i will be in vegas from Friday-Sunday

so, if you want week 5 started before i leave, lets get those games finished by thursday night. otherwise, it's only 3 days so it's not too big of a deal. but i'd prefer we get them done anyways!

rickmofo, when can you play? i'm available pretty much all week whenever. post here or PM me

I'm also gone Fri-Sun, though not in a place as cool as Vegas.

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
Fitty when can you play? I can play tomorrow night if you want to.

I posted on the league page. Just to make it easier I'll repeat it here.

I can play tomorrow... starting at 11 EST.

StoOgE

Dear Sega, Fuck you. From their forums:

1) The patch is being delayed, and here is what it does:

In the meantime, let me explain what the auto update will do for you Xbox gamers experiencing the roster validation issue. Since the problem with connecting to ESPN VIDEOGAMES appears to be a NAT / Microsoft security problem the auto update will not change your ability to connect to our server. What it does, is allow you to play online using the default roster against other people who have the default roster. It also makes it more clear when a server problem is encountered and gives you an option on the main online menu for trying to reconnect to the server. Online league play will still require a connection to our server. Microsoft is continuing to investigate the connectivity issues, but I have not gotten an update from them in several days.

FUCKIN A. This isnt going to fix anything... its just going to tell you when you have a problem. Thanks.

CP not to be a dick, but we're going to replace you in the league. It just seems like you have no interest in playing, you don't post here or at the official league page, and it sounds like you don't have the time to play. Sorry dude, i'll hit you up for the madden league though

p.s. if you give me a reason NOT to replace you in the very near future (by tomorrow afternoon), i'm all ears

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
I posted on the league page. Just to make it easier I'll repeat it here.

I can play tomorrow... starting at 11 EST.

sounds good to me. i need some practice anyways. too much madden has thrown me for a loop.

Matrix

The Texans O line is this game is garbage and jesus Carr was sacked like 50 times and now he's hurt for a week...I had no chance once you knocked him out :( I'm also so lost on D in this game now...Madden has owned me lately.

GG solrak.

Fifty

RUSHING
NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
D. Davis 6 6 1.0 4 0
T

RUSHING
NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
F. Taylor 31 173 5.6 52 1

a_billick_i.jpg

Matrix

Yea the D line sucks some ass too....and I swear watching people run over and over almost puts me to sleep :(

Sometimes Taylor would get hit and then still gain 4 or 5 yards falling forward.

Maverick

patriots.jpg

Pats 21
Konex's 17

90 yard game winning drive by Brady. Belieeeeeve.

53_Tom-Brady.JPG

I shut Hearst down, but I will give it to Konex, he played tough. I'd give him more credit if he wasn't my rival.

PH3ar the D ladies.

Cloudy

Banned
LOL, you played good, dude. I'm still a bit pissed about your QB scrambling but I had you down 17-7 after that and couldn't preserve the win. You didn't give up and took the hard earned victory Good game, man :)

Even though you need the Pats to beat me :p

Top Bottom