• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is the league webpage down for anyone else? I can't access it.

but seriously fellas, this is ridiculous. do we still have 2 games left to go?

No, 1 game left. Malleymal and Bog...ugh.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I can't get to the league page either.

ShadowRed

Banned
DMczaf said:
They got a life! A life! You expect them to finish their game in under a week?! Damn dude!

Please you can't find 1 hour out of a two to three day period to play a game? If so you shouldn't be in a league that is dependent on people playing their games in a timely manner. I don't expect every week to be played in one day, but at the most 3 days is totally appropriate for people to be able to get their games in.

DMczaf

ShadowRed said:
Please you can't find 1 hour out of a two to three day period to play a game? If so you shouldn't be in a league that is dependent on people playing their games in a timely manner. I don't expect every week to be played in one day, but at the most 3 days is totally appropriate for people to be able to get their games in.

Hahaha I was kidding. I agree, this is getting retarded.

ShadowRed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

*shakes head* Damn man now SEGA can't ever keep it's web page up, LOL!!!!

bog/mally sorry to be an A-hole, but you guys have until tonight @ 8pm pacific to finish your game. if you don't finish it, i'm flipping a coin to determine the winner. tough punishment, but thems the breaks and we have 18 guys ready to go for week 5. need to get this rollin!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
When we advance:

MalleyMal, I can play tonight anytime before 11:30 EDT. Weeknights I can start a game from around 6:30 EDT to 11 EDT though Tuesday I am going out, Saturday in the morning/afternoon.

I gotta mention something I didn't think about, Sept 7-10 I will be in Chicago. That's Tuesday morning - Friday night. I'm really good about getting my games in as soon as possible, hopefully my opponent can work with me. Just saying this in advance so my game isn't just advanced with no actual playing.

Fifty

Speaking of being gone for a while....I'm going to be at the Toronto Film Fest from the 9th of September till the 18th. That's a 9am- 2am gig, and I'm going to miss week one of the NFL :( plus I won't have time to do anything, at all. I really hope I can somehow get in the Madden league, since it will be starting at approximately that time.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
We already had planned how we were going to get things done, we wrote on previous pages.... I am always looking to get my games done, if you see the last page I was damn near ready to leave work for lunch to come play this damn game... Bog went out of town, thats what made it an issue.... Relax, we knew u werent going to be here so we said we would wait till tonight, dont advance....wait for him to get back, and Wells we can play tonight if u want,...

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
either way, we are advancing to week 5 @ 8pm pacific tonight, whether they have played or not

Sounds good since the set deadline is tomorrow and it's not like Mal and Bog would be less busy on a Monday if by some slim chance they don't play tonight :p

PS: I can play tonight, Bob....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Malley can you play tomorrow night? Had some shit to do tonight and it's going to take me longer than I thought (workout, supermarket, picking up liquor). And uh... I'd also like a bit of time to prep for the game, haven't played a good game of ESPN in well over a week. ;p

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
no prob man, I can play whenever u are ready

EDIT:

OH BOGSTER!! Where art thou

edit # 2

Still waiting Boggy Boy

game is done, i did it by coin flip and malleymal won the flip. like i said before, we all have lives yada yada yada, it doesn't take 100% total dedication to videogames to find an hour somewhere in your week to finish the game.

week 5 is up and ready to go, stooge when can you play our game?

Bog

Junior Ace
Yeah, I just got back. Not much I could do about being gone for the weekend. I can deal with a loss, though I doubt that coin flip was very random...

Since I don't forsee any more trips away in the near future, I don't think getting games in will be a problem. Anyway, I have Pitt for Week 5. Who's controlling them now?

bobster i swear on my niners fandom that i flipped the coin fairly. i said the first name (from left to right) is heads, second name is tails. it said "Malleymal Vs. BogESPN" on the screen, so malley had heads and it was heads

Bog

Junior Ace
FrenchMovieTheme said:
bobster i swear on my niners fandom that i flipped the coin fairly. i said the first name (from left to right) is heads, second name is tails. it said "Malleymal Vs. BogESPN" on the screen, so malley had heads and it was heads

ok, ok. It's just that I expected a loss, and then saw one and was like "yeah figured". Like I said, it was my fault anyway. Malley was here tonight to play and I wasn't, so it's only fair.

As for the Pitt game, any time tomorrow after like 7pm EST is fine.

Fifty

Love the new updates FMT. The rules look snazzy, as does the player of the week and the power rankings (as always)

Without Jamal I face DM today. It will be almost impossible not to drop to 3-2. Kordell, I believe in you! Too bad the man's holding you down with his scrambling rules. :(

STEELERS%20KORDELL%20STEWART%20MEDALLION.jpg

Fifty

DM's bad (awful) luck continues against me. First it was the disconnection in the tourny game, now, in a game in which he turned it over 4 times, and I was ahead in the third 12-7, thanks to 4 FGs, he gets a disconnection. I'm happy to give him his first loss, even if it wasn't pure. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hahaha, DM's power ranking rocks. Y Y Y Y Y Y Y :D

What determines the power ranking? Does the league give the rank out of 20 and then FMT assign his own little caption, or does FMT do it all?

Playing MalleyMal tonight. It should be a close game.

i do all the power rankings and comments. so far it's been pretty straight forward "ranking" the teams, but as the season progresses it will be more difficult choosing who goes where.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Power rankings suck.. I blew out the bills last week, we have the same record.. and he is WAY above me. Boo urns.

Oh, whoever I play, Ill be on tonight after 11:30 CST. If you are there hooray, if not we can set something up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ,is 10 pm eastern time tonight good for you?

Btw I need to add you to my friends list...

stooge, you play me, i'll be around then. so, 9:30 pacific it is!

p.s. about power rankings, i know you beat the bills, but its the current weeks PR. you got beat 68-3! plus i didn't realize you blew him out since it was a forefit. don't worry dude, everything will work out in the end as people distinguish themselves from the pack.

Top Bottom